It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by MrWendal

It was not too long ago that a whack with a ruler would happen in US schools as well. Sorry to say, I do nto consider this to be "abuse" at all. If we brought back this type of treatment maybe we wouldn't have 17 year old kids who act like the girls in the video below.

Do you really think whacks with a ruler are going to stop what that 17 year old did?? Do you realize how many kids have been spanked,whacked with rulers , beaten, and still go on to steal..some times even far worse crimes.

The logic that whacking a child will stop them from criminal activity is ridiculous.

This is where you lack understanding...start young, train your kids discipline them and YES it WILL prevent this!
When they are 17 they will show other humans respect and actually feel respect for you and others. this is a fact...the discipline is not beatings, yes you will ruin the whole thing if you beat the kids and you fail to explain...look I am going to punish you here is why, never do it while you are angry and fumeing!
Send them to their room calm down go in tell them you are going to punish them and that it is because you love them..then consistantly do it! it is hard everytime, harder for you then them believe it or not!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
Shoot I used to get beat all the time! For misbehaving, and every time I did bad in school SAS! "There you go!" As my dad used to say. That was his way of disciplining me. And yes, I did learn. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I do excellent in school, and because I behave and do really well in school I have a piano, a car, a future, and a place to eat and sleep. Now let's look at my cousin who not once got spanked: Does drugs, doesn't do well in school, has no future (well now he does because I gave him a spot in the company), and disobeys his parents and does what he wants.

This really cracks me up, I have to say. None of my family members or my closest friends have ever been beaten or physically disciplined by their parents and none of them does drugs, every single one of them can honestly say they've grown up to be decent human beings.
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure there are lots of kids who turn into criminals or all-around losers because they were raised with an iron fist.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You are what is wrong with this world.
You sicken me.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullhorn

That is correct. Almost 3/4 prisoners were beaten as a kid, hence them lashing out at a later time in their life. I am a social worker and I see these people almost daily. The root of their problems is being beaten by their family/teachers.

I really hope that the world will end soon, we do not deserve to be on this planet if the majority of the human race acts like that.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

No point arguing

There are over 6 billion judges in this world.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

There is a fine line between fear and respect.

Much like another poster said, I received worse treatment from my own Mother. Yeah, maybe I did not respect her when I was 15-16 years old. I sure as hell respect my Mother now and at times I feel bad that she had to put up with an ass like me. The women deserves a medal!

I also had a teacher in school who kicked the crap out of me a few times and I deserved it. Guess what? I have more respect for that man as a teacher cause he cared enough to break his foot off in my ass when I needed it most.

I really think those who are truly upset by this are quite frankly...soft, and society has a whole as become very soft. It is my opinion that all this feel good nonsense is the reason we have such disrespectful teenagers who would steal money from a Girl Scout and think it is ok.

As far as I am concerned, as a teacher, a parent, whatever... if your kids hate you, your probably doing your job. It is not a popularity contest. It is time to stop worrying about being a childs friend.
edit on 27-5-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I remember getting beat nearly senseless by my 4th grade teacher. She was clearly a psychopath. Back then parents didn't sue over stuff like that. If that happened today she would be jail. There was a time when capitol punishment in school was common and acceptable, but nowadays, in the public school system, there are too many nutcases with teaching degrees to allow them to physically assault our kids.

A close friend of ours has an autistic son who , less than a month ago, was brutalized by a teacher and had to be treated in the emergency room for his injuries. Fortunately another teacher intervened and alerted the parents. The teacher lost their job and is now facing criminal charges.

edit on 5/27/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I was punished like this many times
when I was in grade school right here
in North Carolina, USA in the
70's.

My school principal had a paddle in his top
desk drawer which I was the receiver
of that many times.

My father used his leather belt on my
hiney many times. Sometimes it hurt
so bad I couldn't sit down for a day or two.

And my mom used a switch from a bush
or used her shoe.

if I did something wrong, I was punished.
end of story.

this is called parenting

spare the rod, spoil the child

I don't see anything wrong with the video.

children need to be taught that there
are repercussions for breaking rules.
If not, half of them will be in prison
by the time they're 21 yrs old.

Now days, all they do as punishment
is send you to your room or either expel
you from school.

How is that punishment???
When being home means
8 more hrs of video games
and TV ???

edit on 5/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

For once i agree with you Boodock, I think George Soros would too...

I think this is exactly what is missing with parenting today. What is insane is that some panel of experts who's own children were probably raised by a nanny and did not do the work themselves have decided that it is not appropriate to strike children as punishment.

We are all pretty simple creatures. If we do something and it brings pleasure then we will continue to do it. If we do something and it causes pain we will avoid it. It doesn't take an out of touch PHD to figure out the correlation between the two.

edit on 27-5-2011 by tom goose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
These kids were not being punished because they were doing drugs, or because they were stealing or for breaking any other rule that had any moral relevance. They were getting smacked around because of the quality of their school work. What...They didn't dot their I's and cross their T's properly? Maybe the teacher was just a lousy teacher.

I am not a touchy feely kind of person, but when I see kids being treated harshly it makes my blood boil. Maybe it is because I have 5 kids of my own and know this kind of treatment is not necessary.
edit on 5/27/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Watching him beat those terrified little girls makes me want to strangle him. I have a 4 year old and if that was my daughter I'd show his @$$ some corporal punishment. I am soo mad right now. I was sitting here eating dinner and can't even finish it. There is so much horrible going on in the world but seeing that makes me fume.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
These kids were not being punished because they were doing drugs, or because they were stealing or for breaking any other rule that had any moral relevance. They were getting smacked around because of the quality of their school work. Maybe the teacher was just a lousy teacher.
I am not a touchy feely kind of person, but when I see kids being treated harshly it makes my blood boil. Maybe it is because I have 5 kids of my own and know this kind of treatment is not necessary.

They are in school to succeed, if they did not complete the tasks there should be punishment. I suppose it should be up to the children to decide what is acceptable? Pain/Pleasure man, the kid that was watching the whole thing who completed the tasks likely took great pleasure in it and will continue to succeed.

I'm a parent of a 4 year old and im actually scared to say what i would be willing to do to keep that child acting straight, only because most people have turned into a bunch of pansies that think the good comes without the bad. get real.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Going to have to say this is ridiculous. And by that I mean this guy abusing his power over these kids. I understand the argument for punishment but did you see the way he handles the one girl around the halfway mark of the video?

Seriously you people that claim this is probably warranted should be subjected to similar abuse scaled to effect you similarly.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
Going to have to say this is ridiculous. And by that I mean this guy abusing his power over these kids. I understand the argument for punishment but did you see the way he handles the one girl around the halfway mark of the video?

Seriously you people that claim this is probably warranted should be subjected to similar abuse scaled to effect you similarly.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

Most that say it is okay probably were subjected to this type of behavior and if we are saying that it is still acceptable then i guess that leaves us clearly justified. I was given choices with my punishment, like which belt would i like to be hit with (don't pick the light one) and weather my underwear was up or down (half the strikes with undies down)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been reported yet & I don't have time to read the whole thread, but it looks like he was arrested.

The man, named in Egypt as Magdi el-Shaar, is shown apparently marking the children's homework before hitting them with a ruler.

He is reported to have blamed the country's revolution earlier this year for his actions, understood to have taken place at a centre in the city of Kafr Shukr, in Gharbiya state.

Video of the disturbing scenes - which have already been viewed by thousands after being posted online - captures pupils screaming in pain and attempting to avoid the blows.

More than 10 children, all aged under 10, are seen being abused. Police said the man was arrested and questioned by local prosecutors and the centre closed down upon the orders of the minister of social solidarity.

El-Shaar allegedly told prosecutors: "Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children especially after the January 25 revolt."

The teacher can be seen smiling during his assaults, with one girl dressed in pink receiving a particularly sickening beating as he repeatedly hits her and pulls her hair.

news.sky.com... icle/201105416000577?

Hopefully he will rot in jail and find out what it feels like to get brutalized by some other degenerate psycho.
edit on 5/27/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Great point you brought up, never punish your kids when you are angry, even when you are giving them a old style beating, never do it while you are angry because you might go over board, and you might not explain the reason behind the punishment properly.

If that happens, the child won't grow up to be disciplined, the child will become resilient.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

I have a 4 year old. She behaves amazingly. I strongly believe in discipline, but, that ^^^^^^ is NOT discipline.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Of coarse he was arrested. We don't live in a society that wants to see the best for our kids, we live in one that uses kids as political tools and the politician that is nicest to the kids gets the votes. meanwhile schools feed kids full of fatty foods and lower the grade expectations as well as creating sub-par education paths that allow kids to graduate still even though they did not learn the same as the rest of the kids. Its pathetic.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If any of you think 7& 8 year old kids need to be punished like this to make them learn to do their school work properly, then there is something wrong with you.

Corporal punishment may have it's place but this is beyond reason.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxPUSH0Noo
reply to post by tom goose

I have a 4 year old. She behaves amazingly. I strongly believe in discipline, but, that ^^^^^^ is NOT discipline.

Too little to late, if they would have completed their homework they would not be in that situation. North american parents actually have the nerve to complain to the school board that kids should not be given homework because it causes uneeded stress on the child.... really!! why don't we just stamp them with a pass, shuffle them along and not expect a damb thing from them, cause hey they are cute and defenseless.

Tough love is in order on all levels

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

its not even that bad.......years ago teachers were alloud to do this......

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join