It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released: Jose Guerena SWAT Raid Video From Helmet Cam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

why is the guy on the radio saying "bang bang bang" like i sthat some code to shoot first and ask questions later that was pure shadey! and why was that guy secretly video taping it and then hides his camera after the shots?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

What gets me about this video and many like it is, what are the “police” doing running around in military uniform with military equipment and firearms. And on top of that using said equipment and tactics on u.s. citizens. This is the true definition of a police state controlled by an out of control government with their standing army put into action. All of this is gravely unconstitutional and unfortunately become the norm. as to answer the question of why?, it really doesn’t matter. They run these raid for a number of b.s. reasons and can make up any charge or suspicion they please. It also doesn’t matter if he’s a vet or not, as far as TPTB are concerned, his usefulness expired when he left military ranks. I guess it’s only a matter of time for total system failure down this road.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
while i dont agree with anything i saw in the video, could somebody please explain what the guys service record has to do with anything?
just because somebody served in the forces doesnt make them any more or less than anybody else.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Interesting read from HufPo

"We spoke with several of the neighbors," Epps says. "And none of them -- none of them -- heard any sirens that morning. Every one of them told us they didn't hear anything, no knocking, no shouting, until the shooting started. They didn't hear anything until the shooting started."

Perhaps we will at some point see convincing evidence that Dupnik and Storie are right -- that Jose Guerena was in fact a drug dealer and violent criminal who dressed up like a cop to rob rival drug dealers and innocent citizens of Pima County. But at this point, all we have is a dead father and veteran, a violent series of raids that make little sense, and a police agency that over the last three weeks has put out incorrect information, insisted that it would be dangerous to release any further information, and, at the same time, allowed a police representative to release information favorable to the department.

The government of Pima County has killed one of its own citizens. This is the most serious, solemn, and severe action a local government can undertake. It demands complete transparency. The Pima County Sheriff's Department and other agencies involved in the raid ought to be doing anything and everything to make themselves accountable. Instead, they've shown arrogance, defiance, and obstinacy -- all wrapped in an appeal to public safety.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Have been a Marine Sniper I will reply, 70+ shots is appauling, who the hell trained these swat officers (Mickey Mouse in my opinion).

On another note, the sirens were blazing, they identified themselves and the initial reports say that the Marine was aiming a AR15 at them when they broke down the door. There was plenty of warning given before entry for him to put the AR15 down.

When I have been in a situation where a gun is pointed at me I shoot first ask questions later.

Now again I FULLY believe 70+ shots is an abuse and ridiculous scenario, they were trigger happy officers that wanted to kill or shoot something.

I want to call the police murderers but that little part about seeing a AR15 aimed at me when I think about it would have forced me to pull the trigger...

arrgghh its i a sad day and situation...I blame both the Marine and police...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by expfcwintergreen

Yes it does, those of us that served in Afghanastan and Iraq whether you agree with it or not do so to protect the American way of life. We deserve your respect, if you dont like war take it up with Bush/Obama and your local congressman not the military that is sworn to protect you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by expfcwintergreen
while i dont agree with anything i saw in the video, could somebody please explain what the guys service record has to do with anything?
just because somebody served in the forces doesnt make them any more or less than anybody else.

it means the person who's served has a higher probable degree of competence(weaponry wise, etc..) than the average joe. note that i said PROBABLE.

All US marines, regardless of job, are RIFLEMEN/fighters first. the US army? likely the same thing.

but of course its up the the individual who served in any branch to do as they wish once they are no longer in service. but i know that if push come to shove, a military person does have training/or experience to fall back on if needed. and that knowledge can put them above the average joe.

marine defends against 5 robbers, killing 1, wounding another
edit on 27-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

The video wasn't leaked. It was released by the attorney for the SWAT team.

How do you know that?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

The sirens weren't blazing, see the quote in my post above.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So, this is what happens when you agree to be a soldier and then return back to your home country as a veteran, you get killed by the SWAT because they determines that you should have been killed in war?

This is ridiculous. I am speculating that this soldier might have had too much knowledge of things that TPTB wasn't too comfortable with him knowing?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

That's a very well-written and informative piece and changes my perspective on this case entirely. thanks.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Over and Over and Over again, comments are made without considering that the wife stated clearly that the police had identified themselves, they showed her their badges through a window and instructed her to move away from the window. Who do you think she told her husband was there when she screamed for him? She knew at that point it was the police. I don't think she would have said, 'honey there are some men with uniforms and badges but I don't know who they are' prompting him to grab a rifle and tell her to get into the closet. Doesn't even sound feasible when you consider SHE KNEW IT WAS THE POLICE. She admitted she knew and saw the badges and uniforms.

Edit to ADD: I also want to say that in any circumstance, I would know if the police were in my yard. I would know if they were on my street. I really can't say that I know anyone who WOULDN"T know they were present. But in this case, sirens, calls of 'search warrant' and flashing all point to the obvious.
edit on 28-5-2011 by space cadet because: to add info

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Seems like a case of bad procedure and trigger happiness, and that vid does not show much, were is the rest of it? All they show is them turning on the sirens then off, then on again for a little longer then off again, then walking to the door all casually like, then when the flash bang I presume goes off they wait a couple of seconds before the one guy kicks in the door, shield guy goes in at the door then two more crowd him on each side, then they begin firing shots most likely because they see the guy with a weapon, then one more joins in the shooting over a guys shoulder.

All the while I think they are playing the radio and a song in the van I am pretty sure the song is "Waiting for the End by linking park" And a fitting song at that for what happened in that whole little scene, and there is a lot of background noise in the whole vid, while the song is playing for some reason.

It is either some sort of weird type of assassination, but for what reason he would need to be assassinated? unless there is a real reason then assassination makes no sense. So from the short vid it looks like a really bad case of procedure and lax and not focused mentality, on the part of the swat team. I mean they all crowded around the door and not even behind the shield guy, I mean WTF if the dude was really willing to kill then they would of made perfect targets. But most most likely the guy was possibly blind and disorientated from whatever type of disorienting grenade they threw into the house. Since whole situation was not as clear as it could of been, I can see him doing what he did by going for his gun, all he did is what his instincts told him to do, and since he is a soldier what he was trained to do as well, and that is pick up his gun just in case.

The whole thing is fishy and without all the facts which from this short vid and that they didn't find drugs and what not, I am guessing they wouldn't want to bring anymore "supposed" facts on this case, out there in the public limelight. But it can be a lot of things, so I am done speculating. RIP to the guy and the whole thing.

Though the song they were playing was fitting for what happened in the short minute that this whole thing went down.
Waiting For The End.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Normally I wouldn’t respond to someone who feels the need to resort to name calling to get their point across, but since you called me a moron on my birthday, I’m feeling extra feisty. Also, I’m both amused and flattered that you dedicated such a lengthy reply to lil ole moronic me. That also says a little something about you huh?

You hear sirens go by all day long in lots of places. Hearing a siren for less than 15 seconds, does not identify that cops are breaking into your home.

Yes, in some neighborhoods you might, but not that one. Come on do you really believe that? That the siren of a speeding cop car passing your home would sound the same as one parked right outside of your front door?

Police show up, silently. One officer is smart enough to engage the siren, only to be told moments later (read a few second of actual sound of sirens) to "Kill that #."

You said yourself it was 15 seconds of siren.

This is the only thing that happened, which is enough to prove murderous intent. They didn't follow procedure, did a no knock, no siren bust... no Police pretext, just bullets.

You forgot about the Flash “bang bang bang” That was thrown into the rear of the house. And the screams of the officer at the front door, identifying them as police.

Argue that... I challenge you.

Why on earth would I argue that? Did you read the rest of my posts before you called me names? I pretty much agree with most of what you said!

Here are some scenarios that I think might of went down that day. Keep in mind that I don’t believe for one second (if the siren sounds we hear in the video are real and not dubbed in) that any person in that home were not aware that the house was surrounded by the police.

1- He was crazy and/or stupid enough not to put down the weapon, and the cops saw it and panicked.

2- He was really crazy and/or guilty of something big and was crouched somewhere aiming the gun at the cops, and they rightfully shot him before he got a shot off.

3- He wanted to die.

4-Someone on that SWAT had orders kill the guy.
edit on 28-5-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: I'm a moron...lol

edit on 28-5-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Where was his "threat to shoot" they claimed he made one, but they first claimed he fired on them. As the kind of guy who would fire on the SWAT team I wouldn't warn them first.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I've read every post and I've come to the conclusion that many members aren't observing the motto that ATS was founded on. Only a few postings had credible analysis of the situation. Everyone else is so quick to condemn the police and make Guerena and automatic hero.

Just because Guerena is a former Marine and served two tours in Iraq doesn't make him a saint neither does several members of the SWAT Team who emtied their clips make them murderous idiots.

We should analyze the situation while denying ignorance, which means jumping to conclusions, and look at the facts of the case.

Fact 1: Guerena attracted the attention of investigators to an extent to warrant a SWAT Team to his house for the serving of a warrant. Police will not waste their resources on someone whom they feel is not a threat.

Fact 2: The raid was conducted what appears to be late morning. The day was bright enough for the occupants of the house to see clearly what was going on in their front yard.

Fact 3: Guerena armed himself with an assault rifle knowing who was on the outside of his door.

Fact 4: Guerena DID NOT lay his weapon down after the police identified themselves or bust through his door.

Fact 5: The police DID knock on the door and verbally make their presence known before using the door breach.

Fact 6: The SWAT Team DID NOT enter the house firng their weapons. There was a few seconds of pause before any shots were made.

In recent research, we found that eyewitness memory and interpretation of crime scenes were
less effective than anticipated.

This one sentence explains all the conflicting stories that one may hear about any incident including this one.

When a police officer confronts an armed suspect, the officer’s choice of response must be made
swiftly. Frequently, such decisions must be made in less than a second. During that time, many
factors in the scene must be evaluated: the suspect’s motions; where the weapon is aimed; the
presence of other people, including other potential suspects, and whether or not they are in the
officer’s probable field of fire; and other potential sources of hazard, to self, to others, and to the
suspect, in the immediate environment.

There's an awful lot of factors to be considered in less than a second when faced with an armed suspect. Trained or untrained. Experienced or unexperienced.

Souce of the above external quotes.

In conclusion, if in fact Jose Guerena was guilty of the charges that the police suspected him of, I find it highly likely that the wife did not know about his 'secret life' and in her eyes he was the perfect husband, father and provider for his family.

I really believe that he knew he'd been caught and to spare his wife the embarassment of being married to a criminal, he decided to let the police take him out (suicide by police).

This can only explain why he didn't put his weapon down and surrender.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
That was the sloppiest damn entry I have EVER witnessed. EVER. Keep in mind I have personally trained and gone on raids with Afghan and Iraqi forces. These pigs should be real proud of themselves. A man was shot over 60 times with his rifle pointed at the ground with the safety on. A veteran none-the-less. I didn't hear them identify themselves as police before they broke the door down.

Cowards want to play GI Joe without having to be deployed to truly dangerous war zones. Burn in hell pigs.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

Isn't it common for military personell even to identify urself when you bust into a door in a warzone?

Saw something on TV about military training and every time they broke down a door and entered a room they shouted "US MARINES" as they entered/cleared the room.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Can't really describe how disgusted I am with this video. Everyone on that video and the one who is in charge of this operation should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Although, I doubt that will do any good. I'm sure they will all be let off and will be walking freely...I doubt even one of them will spend a single night in jail.

What a horrible way to go...Our country is really falling apart, from the inside out. There's no way to justify what they did there. They fired at him over 60 rounds and he wasn't even holding up a weapon at them.
edit on 28-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm somewhat suspicious of this video. Can anyone verify this is the real thing somehow? Was there even anyone in the house? I didn't hear anyone in the house screaming. If his wife was there watching this go on, I'm sure her voice would be heard over the guns firing, or at the least, once the firing was done.
Is there a chance that this was just a drill, there's no one in the house and the video was released in place of the real one?
Peace and One Love

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Its just gonna be a matter of time one of these marines makes an IED and takes out an entire SWAT unit. Im sure they learned a few things in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I guess I was thinking a Cheytac 408, but the IED might be easier without getting caught.
But you are right, only a matter of time and I am sure they learned a great deal. No wonder they need to track our every move in the country.
edit on 28-5-2011 by j2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join