It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released: Jose Guerena SWAT Raid Video From Helmet Cam

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Oh but I was talking about the SWAT boys. And I don't much consider them much different than any other US soldier. They are your fellow citizens, and a hell of a lot more worthy of trust than some marine held up with a rifle. Now marines are the best and bravest no doubt. But once in a while one breaks.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
That's just sick.

Why was he suspected anyway? And of what???! Did he know something he shouldn't have known..?

He was suspected of drug trafficking...now he is dead.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I believe the first story was drugs, the second story was home invasion. The judge sealed the warrant, so we will never know. I hope the judge dies of butthole cancer.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

I thought the wife said she and her son were hiding im the closet. And in 33 seconds he would of put that gun down and his hands up.

You seem intent on dying alone. Folks kicking my door in, I don't give a damn WHO they are. I don't even give a damn if they bring the Virgin Mary, fully charged and glowing like the sun with them, I am NOT dropping my weapon and raising my hands in the face of a clear home invasion, don't much give a damn WHO is doing the invading, or what they are yelling and CLAIMING to be. I'm not dying alone - I'm taking as many of them as I can with me.

You want to look my place over? Act civilized, and I'll treat you civilized. Knock on the door, present your credentials and warrant, and it's all good. Act UNCIVILIZED, kick my door in like a gangsta, and every mother's son that comes through that door is gonna get dropped like a rock until they figure out how to flank me and kill me, or run out of people to shove through the doorway.

The only way it will end is with me dead, but you can bet I'll have company. You can take that to the bank.

Those gents went in hot with intentions to kill, You can see that on the video. Guerena's only mistake was in hesitating. Maybe he thought they weren't really going to kill him (after all, this is supposed to be America! Cops aren't supposed to act like 3rd world Death Squads!), maybe he had a split second of uncertainty, and he paid a hell of a price for that. Safest bet is to assume anyone kicking the door down has bad intentions, and means to kill you on the spot. If you're gonna die anyway, take as many of the SOB's with you as you can. They should at least pay the same price they mean to extract from you.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hey look at it this way - if you end up with someone like me on the jury and you are walking away free.

Alot of angry jurors these days. Angry with the system jurors.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It could be a department person that leaked it,not the person wearing the helmet cam.
I know here in Georgia we've had problems with police video going missing or mysteriously or 'accidentally' destroyed when there was police brutality questions- they'd say the GBI had it and it went missng from there- there's obviously from that tidbit some possibility that it IS NOT just the person wearing it with access- in fact, that person MIGHT not even have access. (To prevent tampering)

I just want to ad that, IMO, even if he DID have drugs, the punishment of death like this was not fair. The drug war is such an excuse- please I wish people would start to see that.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I thank you for the vote from the jury box, but in these cases it never makes it that far. If they want you dead, second best i.e a jury trial, simply won't do. If they want you dead, you're gonna die. The only question is how much company are you taking along for the journey? I know of another recent case where a guy made a special call to his wife on a cell phone while he was trying to escape and evade a police Death Squad, and said "Oh Lord, they're gonna kill me!", and oddly enough, that's just what they did.

The general philosophy is "dead men tell no tales", and they sure don't want it decided in a jury box, so the dead never get to tell their tale to a jury. It gets swept under the rug, and the Squaddies (those still alive, anyhow) go back to work.

Nope, I'm under no illusions that I'd actually survive such a scenario, Hollywood nothwithstanding. All I'm saying is I'll have company if it ever come to that. Someone kicking my door in when I know I've done nothing wrong is in for a world of hurt before they drop me.

Oddly enough, There have been three groups of shots (two to five shots per group) outside this evening in the past half hour, each group of them getting closer to the house, and I've not heard the first siren yet. Every day can be THE day. You just never know, so it's best to stay situated so that you can leave a pile of carcasses when you go.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.kold.com...

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - Dozens of neighbors and families gathered this Memorial Day outside the house of the ex-Marine who was fatally shot by SWAT operatives during a raid May 5. Here are some photos from the gathering:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well not these ones obviously. These SWAT memebers were just simply not brave enough to stay in. Thats why they became SWAT. Now our marines definitely deserve a lot more respect than petty SWAT, all they do is get rushed up on adrenaline and hurt the people that pay them. There is so much police corruption in Az. And im sure its alot worse in other states. Rise against people.

edit on 30-5-2011 by alien because: ...removed comment about shooting people...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhustla88

I have yet to see any difference between a soldier and a cop. Keep your French revolution for the grave. If America ever has a revolt, the SWAT and army will indeed fight by the people, not against them. You fail to understand that any internal war within America will not be against the government. Oh no, the government will be long gone by the time any internal war erupts. Suck it up peasant. That SWAT is your best bet for freedom in 20 years time.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't understand what swat was doing there anyway.
I'm rather lost with Swat.

I thought they were for hostage situations and really dangerous situations where civilians might get hurt. IE bank robberies and hostage hold ups.

It seems like Swat is being used to go do what cops used to do. We just had this crazy swat thing here - scared a lot of people half to death - and they were at an empty house? romenews-tribune.com...

I just really don't understand why swat was even at this guy's house. Why is swat being used for simple domestic violence and simple suspected drug cases now? Why don't they just send in the Airborne Rangers?

I really do not understand. Everything about it - not just the incident itself, but just sending IN swat for so many of these cases - it just seems like overkill. NO WONDER you are going to get overkill.

The incident here - it scared my MIL and her family half to death. All their neighbors were scared and no one could go home. Kinda crazy to me. Something's about to break.

edit on 31-5-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine1- Ever had sirens blaring in front of your house? The people in there knew what was going on.
2- They were screaming something before they broke the door in. I can't tell what it was.
3- In the last few seconds of the video it looks like one of the guys at the door falls, and then get assisted.

Who ever was inside that house either wanted to die, or knew they were a target and was going to die trying.

Except that the man's wife told him there were "strangers" pointing guns outside her window. So I think it is obvious what happened. The victim did hear the sirens and screaming cops. But he thought the sirens and screams were directed at the "strangers." Because when your wife tells you something, usually, you believe her, and everything you see and hear afterwards will be pretexted and contextualized based upon that information.

In short: you're sound asleep, your wife wakes you up telling you armed gunmen are on your property, you leap out of bed completely disoriented and grab your rifle, suddenly you're hearing sirens and cops yelling -- so for all you know, hey, maybe the cops have chased bank robbers or something onto your property, and so you stand by at your doorway, holding your gun, in case those suspects burst in. Except it's the cops who burst in ... and then those cops execute you.

It's really laughable (and I think suspicious) that some of you cannot (or will not) see any explanation other than that this person knew the cops were coming for him and decided to face them down. Because in actuality, there are many possible explanations, and in fact, the one I am giving is itself way more plausible than the possibility that somebody knew a SWAT team was about to come into his house for him and would knowingly attempt to take on that entire SWAT team alone, with a single weapon. Gimme a break.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by J0SHUA

You are ignoring some FACTS.

They were in his yard with marked vehicles with lights and sirens on.

They pounded on the door and yelled, in English and Spanish, "POLICE, WE HAVE A WARRANT, OPEN THE DOOR!!". They did this for 15 seconds.

They had vests on with POLICE clearly marked on the front of them.

The wife looked out a window and was shown a badge and ID and told to open the door.

There is little doubt she knew it was the police. The wife is lying to the media but if she lyed to her husband too then she is in large part responsible for this tragedy.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Cowboys with gizmos. yeeeeehAW!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry if it was pointed out already. But what kind of human trafficking drug smuggling terrorist drug cartel bad word evil guy bad bad man would need to work a TWELVE HOUR SHIFT ......
argness!

the sickest thing is how so many are quick to tout the official bs story line. I guess crime doesnt pay anymore, 12 hour night shift just to make ends meet. Shame on you all who are quick to defend the murder of a father, husband and someone who did the grunt work for the suits overseas.
edit on 4-6-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0SHUA

It's really laughable (and I think suspicious) that some of you cannot (or will not) see any explanation other than that this person knew the cops were coming for him and decided to face them down. Because in actuality, there are many possible explanations, and in fact, the one I am giving is itself way more plausible than the possibility that somebody knew a SWAT team was about to come into his house for him and would knowingly attempt to take on that entire SWAT team alone, with a single weapon. Gimme a break.

And I find it EQUALLY laughable that the wife couldn't recognize a SWAT TEAM WITH THEIR SIRENS ON OUTSIDE HER HOME IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

I also find it laughable that people seem to think this guy being a war vet somehow makes him innocent by default.

He met the cops at the door with a gun. He notion that he couldn't have known they were cops is absurd, at best. Your claim that he thought 'bank robbers' were being chased to his home by police is laughable.And your total inability to understand why a cop would shoot a guy pointing a gun at him is being believable. You, and everyone else in this thread who buys this story just hates cops.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Actually, it is being an american that makes him innocent by default. I didn't hear them tell him to drop it, just pulled the trigger. Those big bad men with full body armor couldn't be inconvenianced to follow proceedure and give him a chance to drop it.

SWAT was made for situations where someone already demonstrated an unwillingness to surrender, and proven to be a threat to the safety of others, like hostage situations. Not to kick in doors of everyone suspected of every little crime.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by incrediblelousminds

You and everyone else in this thread that believes the official story are murderous cops. See, I can make generalizations too.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Actually, it is being an american that makes him innocent by default. I didn't hear them tell him to drop it, just pulled the trigger. Those big bad men with full body armor couldn't be inconvenianced to follow proceedure and give him a chance to drop it.

SWAT was made for situations where someone already demonstrated an unwillingness to surrender, and proven to be a threat to the safety of others, like hostage situations. Not to kick in doors of everyone suspected of every little crime.

And I am in NO WAY defending the SWAT teams obviously sloppy actions. I am merely pointing out that the Wife's story makes no sense, and to assume this guy was innocent just because he was an Iraq Vet is silly. Which is what the majority of people in this thread are doing. Yes, it's easy to hate cops. But a little critical thinking would lead one to say that anyone who doesn't know there is a SWAT TEAM with their sirens on banging on their door IN BROAD DAYLIGHT may be a little dense, at best. I dont believe the claim that the wife didnt know they were cops. IF she didn't, she's an idiot.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by J0SHUA

And I find it EQUALLY laughable that the wife couldn't recognize a SWAT TEAM WITH THEIR SIRENS ON OUTSIDE HER HOME IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

She saw one SWAT member pointing a machine gun at her through one window. Not the entire SWAT team. Not even a subset of it. Just one. And if you are a member of the general public (as opposed to a cop who spends his professional life around the associated gear and immediately recognizes it for what it is), one guy in a SWAT outfit pointing a machine gun at you through a window can easily be mistaken for a trespassing lunatic who believes he's G.I. Joe. Especially if you only get a one-second glimpse at him before ducking out of his line of fire, followed by making a beeline for another room, screaming for your husband.

I also find it laughable that people seem to think this guy being a war vet somehow makes him innocent by default.

If that is your impression of their motivations, then you're misinterpreting them. Nobody that I have seen has positioned the victim's war veteran status as evidence of de facto innocence. The reason people are pointing out his war veteran status is to emphasize how indiscriminate and unselective the danger of execution by SWAT teams has become. That when municipal police departments decide to play Call of Duty using our suburban homes and neighborhoods as their proving grounds, "absolutely anyone can become a victim" -- even those who serve the very government doing the snuffing. Another reason these people are highlighting the victim's military service is to help bring additional (needed) media attention to said SWAT epidemic. For which I cannot fault them.

Seriously. SWAT teams were conceived following the Watts riots to handle catastrophic breakdowns of law and order; rioting and looting, hostage situations, terrorism, and other examples of extreme criminality. Now, SWAT teams (and the extremes of force, violence, and probabalistic bloodshed they represent) are being used against petty criminals and even those who aren't criminals. I think this easily qualifies as an epidemic of injustice (nay, insanity), and I cannot fault the ones screaming from the rooftops about it one iota.

He met the cops at the door with a gun.

I hope you don't fill out your incident reports with statements that sloppy.
It reminds me of my brother's story of the first time he was dressed down for such carelessness. "The suspect turned right into a driveway," I believe his report read. His supervisor justifiably crawled up his ass for that, grilling him about how his words could as easily have meant "immediately turned" as "turned the opposite of left"; and what defense attorneys do with such mistakes.

And I think that's the problem here. One camp sees this situation as nothing more than a sloppy matter of "he met the cops at the door with a gun." But the other camp is trying to point out that hasty judgements and conclusions forbid proper consideration of the unabridged circumstances surrounding a given event. They are even furnishing examples of precisely how such hasty conclusions can be wrong by citing equally plausible alternatives. Alternatives the first camp is batting away and ignoring in order to keep things simple ... and sloppy.

He notion that he couldn't have known they were cops is absurd, at best.

No it isn't. I laid out a highly plausible explanation for how he could have been unaware of that in my last post. Wife misinterprets what she sees, husband acts on bad information, starts running around the house in a panic (and still disoriented from having just been jarred awake) while ordering his wife and his child into a closet, etc. Plenty of opportunity there for "this is the police" to be heard as little more than inarticulate shouts and bangs. And again, I say this is a more plausible explanation than that some rambo thought he could singlehandedly slay an entire SWAT team.

How about this. If you think the victim stood behind his door long enough to clearly hear the police identifying themselves, and if you additionally believe he wanted to confront those police armed, then tell me why he didn't open fire through the door? In other words, why would he stand there and wait for them to finally break in, see him, and open fire on him? With his gun's safety on no less? Uh-huh.

Your claim that he thought 'bank robbers' were being chased to his home by police is laughable.

Why? Criminals of all kinds flee police into suburban neighborhoods every single day. Half of the people I know have at some point in their pasts witnessed police taking down fleeing criminals on their own streets, in a neighbor's yard, or even on their own property. It is a well-known enough occurrence these days that if someone sees an apparent criminal with a gun on his property and then hears sirens and yelling coming from somewhere, they can reasonably assume "someone's running from the police." (Furthermore, you're technically misquoting me in a way that makes it appear I'm inventing specific facts. I did not say "bank robbers", I said "bank robbers or something". The latter is quite different: I was making a generalization by way of a specific example.)

You, and everyone else in this thread who buys this story just hates cops.

That attitude is juvenile. Many people also hate George W. Bush. But they don't all think he orchestrated 9/11 just because they hate him. Same situation here. Sure, lots of people hate cops. But that doesn't mean people who hate cops automatically assume all cops are bloodthirsty psychopaths itching for reasons to pull their triggers. People think this incident was a botched raid (and a borderline summary execution) because the evidence shows that it was a botched raid (and a borderline summary execution).

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join