It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released: Jose Guerena SWAT Raid Video From Helmet Cam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So this is how you die, after two tours in Iraq:

No judge, no jury, and SWAT busting down your door on a suspicion. Leaked video on the helmet cam of one of the terrorists. 70+ bullets later, your wife has no husband, your kids no father, and you drift away into searing excruciating pain into blackness.

I bet that felt real good didn't it, 'soldier'? Real nice kill.

Overkill.

Murderers.

www.kgun9.com...

Late Thursday afternoon the Pima County Sheriff's Department, responding to public records requests, released video and documents related to the shooting of Jose Guerena. Guerena died on May 5 when a SWAT team arrived at his Pima County home to serve a search warrant. The SWAT team's attorney has said that when the team broke down the door, they saw Guerena standing there with a rifle and that he said, "I've got something for you." The team then opened fire, expending 71 rounds and hitting Guerena 60 times.

Guerena's wife Vanessa told KGUN9 News that she and her husband never knew the men breaking into her home were SWAT officers. SWAT attorney Mike Storie has said that the team came in with sirens blaring and properly identified themselves.

edit on Fri May 27th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Exactly what suspicion was this soldier taken down by? Does anyone know?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
that's pathetic, too bad he didn't have a grenade to frag them with at least he could have spent time in jail and lived a hero

link   
That's just sick.

Why was he suspected anyway? And of what???! Did he know something he shouldn't have known..?

link   

That pisses me off. We have nonlethal for a reason.

Absolutely disgusting.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

"But authorities allege he also was involved in drug smuggling, strong-armed robberies and human smuggling." (CNN)

Oh, and they found nothing illegal, and can prove he didn't fire first.
edit on 27-5-2011 by CN1018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

Thanks for that......

did this soldier ever speak up against something he either saw or was involved in in Afghanistan or Iraq? I hope there is a full and thorough investigation because this stinks to high heaven.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I thought it was suspicion of drugs...not sure. I'll probably take heat for saying this but owell..
Now that we see the video, it seems to me he had to know it was cops. I heard the sirens, and I’m sure he did too. Also...Just because someone fought 2 tours in Iraq doesn’t make him a saint incapable of committing a crime.

Although i have a suspicion there is more to the story, of course. Maybe he saw, or knew something big and they were ordered to eliminate him.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
his crime was being a war veteran with combat experience.
everyone with combat experience that's not willing to jump on board with the new contract is branded enemy of the state and to be neutralized...that was a test run of the new plan the government has for all our hero's

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
that's pathetic, too bad he didn't have a grenade to frag them with at least he could have spent time in jail and lived a hero

Nah, if he would have had a grenade and killed 2 or 3 of them they would have murdered everyone on the entire block. And at minimum the entire family. But, nice vision.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

his crime was being a war veteran with combat experience.
everyone with combat experience that's not willing to jump on board with the new contract is branded enemy of the state and to be neutralized...that was a test run of the new plan the government has for all our hero's

Some truth to this... when they file warrants, they note that the subject is a veteran with combat experience. No matter how this might have gone down, no doubt, the SWAT goons were probably on a hair trigger. Evidence in the video.

+56 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That was the sloppiest damn entry I have EVER witnessed. EVER. Keep in mind I have personally trained and gone on raids with Afghan and Iraqi forces. These pigs should be real proud of themselves. A man was shot over 60 times with his rifle pointed at the ground with the safety on. A veteran none-the-less. I didn't hear them identify themselves as police before they broke the door down.

Cowards want to play GI Joe without having to be deployed to truly dangerous war zones. Burn in hell pigs.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Nah, if he would have had a grenade and killed 2 or 3 of them they would have murdered everyone on the entire block. And at minimum the entire family. But, nice vision.

where i live they cant sneak up on me, and even if they get in the house they still have a problem because they have to come up stairs to get to me up a tiny little stair case that only one at a time can pass through,. that has a bend half way in the stairs that i control

let the bodies clog the door

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
"Guerena had no prior criminal record, and the police found nothing illegal in his home. After ushering out his wife and son, the police refused to allow paramedics to access Guerena for more than hour, leaving the young father to bleed to death, alone, in his own home."

Source

"To buy what Storie is pitching, you would have to believe that Guerena -- the father of two young boys, who was working a night job to save money for a new home, who had no criminal record, who served two tours of duty in Iraq and was honorably discharged -- knowingly took on a team of armored, well-armed police officers, himself armed only with his rifle, and with his wife and young child still in the home."

Source

So apparently, the guy was sleeping and woke up to his wife yelling that a man was pointing a gun at her and his son, and so he acted on it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Exactly what suspicion was this soldier taken down by? Does anyone know?

That is the interesting part. At first the Sheriffs Office claimed he was a suspected drug dealer and part of some big drug ring. After finding no drugs in the home or any type of evidence at all that he was involved with drugs of any kind the story changed. It was then claimed that he was a suspect in a home invasion ring. They also claimed that the "suspect" fired on Officers and the Police returned fire hitting him over 60 times and killing him. Then it came out that the "suspect" never fired a single shot and in fact had his weapon out, but never took off the safety.

You can find a pretty good overview of the whole situation at this link: Winston-Salem News

Here you can find the original ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I need to watch this video a few more times before I can comment further. I will say this much.... at least SOMEONE in the Sheriffs Office has a conscience if they leaked this video.

+8 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Its just gonna be a matter of time one of these marines makes an IED and takes out an entire SWAT unit. Im sure they learned a few things in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
How do we know this is the same raid?

I watched a few more times...

1- Ever had sirens blaring in front of your house? The people in there knew what was going on.
2- They were screaming something before they broke the door in. I can't tell what it was.
3- In the last few seconds of the video it looks like one of the guys at the door falls, and then get assisted.

Who ever was inside that house either wanted to die, or knew they were a target and was going to die trying.
Another thing...The guy in the helmet cam:
If this is the real thing, don't you think the people who were there would be able to determine who leaked the video. I'm sure someone would have a memory of who was in that particular spot.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
How do we know this is the same raid?

I watched a few more times...

1- Ever had sirens blaring in front of your house? The people in there knew what was going on.
2- They were screaming something before they broke the door in. I can't tell what it was.
3- In the last few seconds of the video it looks like one of the guys at the door falls, and then get assisted.

Who ever was inside that house either wanted to die, or knew they were a target and was going to die trying.
Another thing...The guy in the helmet cam:
If this is the real thing, don't you think the people who were there would be able to determine who leaked the video. I'm sure someone would have a memory of who was in that particular spot.

the man had what less than 5 seconds before they were shooting llike mad cause one of the stupid pigs discharged his weapon!
i can link that too if you want.

OP S&F
edit on 27-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yep, I looked closer. It does look like the same house.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

There has to be more video.
The SWAT unit seemed jittery and nervous, gathering around the front door.
That is just what I gleaned from it.
Not only that, I didn't hear any one of them say a word about '...Pima County SWAT, put your weapon on the ground'.
Did you hear that?
Didn't think so.
So, either there is missing video, or they just decided to blare a siren a few times, break open the door and shoot the man, armed or not, although all I've read and researched has pointed towards armed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join