It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reopening the case file: NASA UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

thank you for clearing that up for me
I did state, I don't know much about it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I cant believe how much garbage we throw around the Earth.
As soon as posible we realize that theres no need of traveling vehicles to take us anywhere, sooner will stop with poluting the earth and he backyard. Gaia people thats the godess we all need to worship!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Would like to see a proper close up of a thermal blanket they use up there, so I can compare.Do you have one?
If it is just debris it would be too dangerous to send people up there.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ahh i remember the 1st set of photos and as Weedwacker pointed out
the "official" explanation was that they were pieces of space junk such
as the blanket and also the more unexplainable one's to me that were
said to be some form of Rip chord assembly like for tethering or the like.

I find the "Rip Chord" photo's very strange and they look more like some
super black tech we have orbiting or maybe a test flight,sure looks like
a craft of sorts.

And then you have to wonder do these picture's get put out for us just to
test the waters to see if there is a leak as to what they really are? Or are
we debating along the correct lines and NASA just want to see how perceptive
some of are. like one big inside joke? you have to wonder.

Thanks for bringing this subject matter back into the present day of light slayer
S & f for your efforts.It's good to expose these images to our new members for
there opinion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
I agree we always need to keep our eyes peeled for stuff outside the windows.

Even in a no-UFO universe it could be critical for mission safety.

however, your comment

The general consensus is that the images in question were simply space junk. End of story.

reflects a common misconception fostered by ambiguous journalistic use of the sexy term 'space junk'.

I've never seen any imagery from any humanned space flight that looked likely to be this kind of 'space junk' -- debris from OTHER satellites. Such objects are too far away, too small, too fast [if close], and generally non-detectable by a crew.

The prosaic explanation most commonly offered - -and documented -- involves stuff, often short-lived stuff like ice, off of the particlar spacecraft from which the observation is being made. On occasion it involves material associated with co-orbiting spacecraft with which rendezvous maneuvers are being conducted.

This introduces fundamental differences with trying to explain blips as 'space junk' from other vehicles. If you don't realize this, any investigative efforts are likely to be doomed to frustration.

You posted that 12 minutes after the thread was created. I have to question whether you actually fully read everything and watched each video before you replied?

Your posts start looking more and more like this every time I see them:

"blah...blah...blah...nasa is great...blah..blah..(nasa writes check)..blah..blah..space junk? what is space junk? ignorant fools it's debris and ice...blah...blah...(cash nasa check)...$cha-ching$...praise nasa god...blah..blah...you fools...(oberg need sleep oberg lay down)"

Lather...rinse....repeat
edit on 20-5-2011 by nightmare_david because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

AHH the old Jim Oberg or as i like to call him woe-berg or oh no berg, NASA's official
press release puppet. He really does have the scripted responses for all the "anomalies"
Yes he does have an envious BIO and a cool job ,BUT i'm sure he does have some REAL
nuggets of stuff he would love to be able to tell the truth about?
I hope he has a sense of humour too. sorry Jim i just could not resist with the name play

I am a fan really. and yes I do envy your job. what to write about now the shuttle is on its way out?
And for the record most of your explanations on NASA anomalies are just the mundane truth.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Speculation but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks Phage. Sorry, was on the phone.

edit on 20-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Posting a video with no comment?

Worse, it's...David Sereda? The Hutchison effect?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

What someone will need to do is take the effort to comb through all available records of that mission, with focus on the three (I believe) EVAs. On Wikipedia, I found a 7-minute clip of video *highlights* of one EVA...but, since it was a compilation of a six-to-seven hour event condensed into 7 minutes, it is far from comprehensive.

The fact that during an EVA the ISS and Shuttle, on orbit, will make a full circuit around the Earth about every 90 minutes or so, means that those STS-88 images, taken in bright sunlight conditions, can further narrow down the timeline..you can eliminate [...or, not perhaps....the loss of grip on items, during an EVA, and thus their 'floating' away, could easily occur when over the night-side, and the photos taken after their orbits carried them into the sunlight....] ....the portions of EVAs when they were on night-side of Earth.

I don't know where the resources are, to track this down....I haven't looked, but maybe the OP's references to those photos will have info in the links....

edit on Fri 20 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ufos are real!!!!

aliens are among us and they have taken control over hollywood and washington dc!!

how else can we explain the lack of quality film and telvison and our leaders who are completely stupid!.

most of the is indeed space junk lots of stuff fall off everything we sent up there and think about it

billions if not trillions spent only to have alot of junk fall off in a word thats priceless

10,000 years one could think that we already kind of sort of have a asteroid sheild in place a bot traveling 26,000 mph has the kinetic force to do some serious damage to them and other things.

im not so sure alien craft exist because i cant figure out for the life of me why they would ever come here.

hell i dont even wanna be here sometimes.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Mr. Oberg brings more good stuff to this forum than 100 of the "believers" added together. I would trust his judgment on this issue given his background.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Yes, I noticed that he posted rather quickly but wasn't going to say anything...

That reply of his was right after I just posted within 12 minutes. No way he could have watched all the videos for reference [Over 20 minutes] I agree, it seemed odd. I'm surprised it was picked up by another member. So yes, His reply seemed very prepared and "Canned"

My post
posted on 20-5-2011 @ 10:55 AM

JimOberg reply...
posted on 20-5-2011 @ 11:07 AM

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Do you think those videos have never before been seen?
I've seen them (and the Sereda one). I don't have to watch again do I?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would have to agree that most of it is probably space junk. But as most people know the US military tends to have high-tech stuff long before it's officially announced.
So it wouldn't surprise me to see a few photos of real hardware mixed in with hundreds of pictures of space junk. Keep the pics and wait and see what comes out in the next 5-15 years.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

JimOberg is that You?

In all seriousness. His reply is posted. We'll let others decide for themselves on the matter.

Fair enough?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

A fair consideration is the most anyone can ask for here. My point was, of course, that the timing of Oberg's response is no reason to disregard it. I didn't have to watch the whole Sereda video to know what it contains.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wasn't trying to make an issue of it. But apparently I wasn't the only one who noticed. In any event. I too agree that the vast majority of the items can be explained away. I myself will admit that. The question arises is everything space junk/Mylar/debris etc? Or could some of it be Black budget military projects or even ET related?

I never asked you this straight out.

Do you even believe in the possibility of Alien visitation?
Do you believe it's even possible?
AND

Does Phage believe we are alone?

Just curious is all

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nice thread Slayer! I am of the school of thought that quite a few objects are space junk but there are many more that cannot be explained away so easily. Some may be test craft others may even be alien in origin. We are not alone in this universe but it's nearly impossible to find the truth because everyone that seems to get close gets "silenced"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Great thread as usual Slayer S+F.....
I found the STS088 picture very interesting because yes they look like random debris but from what? They are not what I'd expect e.g flat panels, rocket engine exhaust cones, solar panels and fusilage....these on the other hand look very strange.
So debris yes....but from what?

The video of the dark object flying above the surface of the moon.....I spotted the exact same object in the early part of this year while trying out some new eyepeices on my reflector, unfortunately NOT my video eyepeice which I got after the event
Sods Law.
No repeat as yet but I am ever vigilant. From Hommel to say Mount Apenninus ....vague but my maps downstairs at the moment..... top of my head.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The current trend towards drones does make some ufo sightings make sense and the debris from past space missions is pretty thick
But I would hesitate to dismiss all ufo sightings into those categories. Some sightings predate our confirmed ability to fly. So flying objects in history lose the "one of our gov't" answer. Unless you want to get into another conspiracy
Plus if you think about it disguising a probe to look like space junk would be the perfect camo. Everyone expects it to be there so no one thinks much about it unless it's in the way. Over course that is a assumption that some other advanced race is out there, but even on our planet I can see "space junk" being used as a cover.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join