It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reopening the case file: NASA UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Before we begin I know the STS088 Mission images/video have been posted/presented here at ATS a few times. I thought it would be good idea to dust off the case file and have a fresh look at the topic also for our many newer members who may have never heard of it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d76a0ec1ed79.jpg[/atsimg]

We will not only be discussing the STS088 case but NASA captured anomalies. Are they simply Space junk? Could they be Alien craft, Probes or Secret military hardware? I uploaded this higher quality video a couple of years ago to our ATS media section and waited. The threads discussing the subject at the time were lacking IMO in how it was presented, usually a lower quality video followed by some fuzzy images were posted with very little content just the usual [What do you think?]

Well It's been a couple of years since this topic has been debated over and or discussed and since then ATS membership has grown quite a bit. So I'll post the higher quality video now with some images and links to their source and let you the reader decide for yourselves. I'm still on the fence about some of the images.

You decide...

STS088

(click to open player in new window)

Maybe some of our more photo savvy members can take a good hard look at the images provided in these links and give us their impressions and perspectives. All feedback both pro and con will be appreciated.

STS088-724-65
STS088-724-66
STS088-724-67
STS088-724-68
STS088-724-69
STS088-724-70

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/193c996a44f7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/147eadac52be.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5138b7ea673.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a207feb01f1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc14bd1d3fb2.jpg[/atsimg]

Here some more Videos from other missions. Some of the anomalies can be very easily explained away but not all of them. Space junk orbiting the moon in the earliest days of the Apollo program?

2001 Monolith or just ice particle?

The general consensus is that the images in question were simply space junk. End of story.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02beb2a945a0.jpg[/atsimg]
Space debris are a danger for satellites

Mankind polluted Earth’s oceans and atmosphere in an impressive way. According to the European Space Agency (ESA) it also polluted space in such a way that it represents a danger for satellites for the next 10,000 years !

To their website: “Since 1957, more than 4,800 space launches have led to an on-orbit population today of approximately 13,200 trackable objects, with sizes larger than 10 cm.”

Additionally, any object bigger than a centimeter represents an important danger for satellites because of their speed. There are up to 600,000 of them in terrestrial space.

So what do you think? Are we just looking at crumpled Mylar debris-Space junk? I'm pretty sure a large percentage could be explained away with conventional down to Earth explanations. I am also pretty damn sure that there are some very real unexplained anomalies that have been capture IMO.

I'd like to hear from our members, who like me enjoy discussing and critiquing the subject. Hopefully we could get a lively discussion and or debate going with supportive information, sources and links both pro and con. Please, Feel free to post your photos, videos and or links.

For the Record
I'm still on the fence about some of the Video and photographic evidence.

edit on 20-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I agree we always need to keep our eyes peeled for stuff outside the windows.

Even in a no-UFO universe it could be critical for mission safety.

however, your comment

The general consensus is that the images in question were simply space junk. End of story.

reflects a common misconception fostered by ambiguous journalistic use of the sexy term 'space junk'.

I've never seen any imagery from any humanned space flight that looked likely to be this kind of 'space junk' -- debris from OTHER satellites. Such objects are too far away, too small, too fast [if close], and generally non-detectable by a crew.

The prosaic explanation most commonly offered - -and documented -- involves stuff, often short-lived stuff like ice, off of the particlar spacecraft from which the observation is being made. On occasion it involves material associated with co-orbiting spacecraft with which rendezvous maneuvers are being conducted.

This introduces fundamental differences with trying to explain blips as 'space junk' from other vehicles. If you don't realize this, any investigative efforts are likely to be doomed to frustration.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think much of it is space junk, and other satellites....HOWEVER, there are some that I'm not sure about. I'm always recording from the space station in hopes of catching something. If I ever do I will post it. Great OP BTW!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow. Never saw those photos. Some do look,eh, interesting.
However my general approach is that highly advanced (star faring) Alien civilization has no reason to repeatedly visit our planet (or Solar System in general). Given infinity of space/empty space/stars/planets/energy/resources out-there. If intelligent alien life exists, it exists in infinite numbers.We are not special, Solar system is not special and Earth is not special.
Thus i think that there are real sightings of weird objects and those are not swamp gas but simply classified military projects. Using Aliens/UFOs helps to hide them in thin air, so to speak.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm inclined to suspect that at least one of those photographs might be a candidate for a 'developmental' vehicle which remains classified.... but hey, if they say it's mylar we should all accept that because we never get lied to by our public servants or their agents... right?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for bring this up. Not many think new members should even discuss things already brought up on ATS. Every thread I start and put the NASA STS-75 images, It is all Ice Crystals. I tried to bring up the fact that an Ultraviolet, UV, camera was used to film these things. Are you familiar with the use of the UV camera? My threads on this subject just get shut down, so you have my support.

If Astronauts even say there are Alien Craft up there, I can't understand why anyone would disbelieve them.

Thank you and good luck with this thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Hy SLAYER69, thanks for posting this. Just a question regarding this image:

If this image is correct, why the Nasa transmitions are, in great majority of the time, so clean?

Where are the debris?

PLANET EARTH view from space in HD

S&F
edit on 20-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's always good for us newcomers to see things from a while ago reposted. There's alot of old threads to search through! Thankyou Slayer.

I find it hard to rationalize some of the photos as debris as they seem to have lights or thrusters, wouldnt they be disabled if they've been jettisoned? I also wonder if there's a list somewhere of what proportion of the known space debris is large enough to be some of these items. Saying there is thousands and thousands of debris really doesn't mean much if most of it is few centimeters.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/147eadac52be.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5138b7ea673.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a207feb01f1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc14bd1d3fb2.jpg[/atsimg]

I posted these in their own thread and was bombarded with posts about "space junk".

Anyways, I thought this thread would be about the "NASA tethered UFO incident(s)"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I'm inclined to suspect that at least one of those photographs might be a candidate for a 'developmental' vehicle which remains classified.... but hey, if they say it's mylar we should all accept that because we never get lied to by our public servants or their agents... right?

I think this too.

My bet one of the classified vehicle is this one:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I posted these in their own thread and was bombarded with posts about "space junk".

Well hopefully members can have a more open minded discussion on the topic this time
Also, This is why I posted some other videos. This isn't just about STS088 but all supposed "Space Junk/debris"

Anyways, I thought this thread would be about the "NASA tethered UFO incident(s)"

That would be a great topic to revisit as well

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I thought the same thing about those first few pics. Looks like a new kind of fighter jet.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

You know every time I post that image as an exaggerated representation or orbiting debris/satellites etc somebody always asks that.

It's an exaggeration.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What makes some of these truly believable to me is how you would never see it all in the MSM, at least in one big batch like we see in these videos and photos (and with astronaut commentary, and image enhancements). When they do leak info, they do it so gradually and half-assed that most forget. It's the compilations by the people where we start to see the big picture. That still doesn't make it easily understandable though.

The problem is most of the populace doesn't think for themselves enough. They always go up to or wait for the officials, who pretty much write these things off the moment they're brought up. I tend to agree with Edgar Mitchell in that some of it is "our" [secret] technology (or normal stuff like satellites), some of it is just ice particles or other debris (like the doughnut shaped one that hovers in front of the camera, which I saw was recreated on UFO Hunters), and some of it... some of it is just real and we should probably accept that already.

Here is the recreation I was talking about:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by RUSSO

You know every time I post that image as an exaggerated representation or orbiting debris/satellites etc somebody always asks that.

It's an exaggeration.

Look at this:

Real-time Satellites in Google Earth

Something seems wrong

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I remember these pics and yes they are very intriguing indeed.

And a few days ago this site was posted:

www.sevilla111.com...

I'm posting a reference point of the tower so you know where to zoom in.

It was like a bell went off for some reason. Very similar to your first pic. I'm not assuming anything here, just thought it was interesting enough to bring it in.

It's a bird, It's a plane, It's a ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b7ea5ee6503.png[/atsimg]

Zoomed in:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3ac77852917.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

That image is a thermal blanket that floated loose, from the Shuttle.

It's not a "craft", not a space ship.

A blanket.

This one:

edit on Fri 20 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Would you happen to know if these can survive reentry? Have any been recovered? I only ask because it would be great confirmation.

Do you think the other photos are the same or similar materials?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I saw that too. Unfortunately for us, in a world of digital imaging, we can never be 100% sure.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by RUSSO

That image is a thermal blanket that floated loose, from the Shuttle.

It's not a "craft", not a space ship.

A blanket.

This one:

Do we have a link to a story or article to confirm that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join