It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World is to end (again) on Saturday – now Russians know it too

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 01010101010101
ummm do any of you think that this may cause histeria? or riots here and abroad? and on another note what if it did happen?

Uh, no. As to "what if it did?" the question is almost meaningless.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh man.
This is going to be one embarrassing 22nd of May.
I wonder, when it doesn't happen, wll they will drink the kool-aid?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looking at and listening to those christians who are most fervent about the rapture happening any time - you can be sure that any place they end up would be hell for any normal person.

Having to listen to their hateful, selfish, sectarian rants for eternity would be hell itself.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Seriously? Have you even looked into the theory one bit? Those verses are the first concerns addressed. I'm not saying I buy into this or anything...but there are a few valid points. God warned about every single 'judgement day' for the different cities and people he destroyed.

By the way...what does the verse after your quoted verse say? (hint: it references the great flood...) The bible doesn't really say if Noah warned others or not...but then again he was building a massive boat on dry land and it had never even rained before. So I'm sure people asked about it and I'm sure he didn't keep it a secret....

The commonly accepted tenants in Christianity are a lot of times just based on what your ancestors were told. The bible never mentions a rapture. There is a lot of common belief about "we can't know the time" but that's just an interpretation. A great FAQ is on www.wecanknow.com

I personally think it does no good to predict the end. I guess there's a chance it might make some people accept Christ but I'm always concerned about what happens the day after a failed prophecy. People kill themselves, get divorced, lose all faith, or just redirect to their next date of judgement. Seems silly. Just follow what you believe and if the end comes it comes.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Oh man.

Nah, they will just say ' we got the date wrong' and then set a new date.

To be frank - if the rapture did occur saturday and all the neo-conservative, christian zionist fundamentalists suddenly vanished off the face of the planet - then folks I will be organising a massive party on sunday and you are welcome to attend !

From that moment on we will be free of the loonies !
edit on 19-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420

Originally posted by Realtruth

It's seems that many many people are so miserable with their lives they are looking for some kind of end or dooms day scenario.

I am 25, I have lung cancer from smoking ciggeretes. Our own governments still allow the sale and consumption of a deadly toxic and cancer causing substance. They know what it does, it should be illegal to sell something in stores that does nothing but kill people, but it isnt. What have you done to stop this, bitch at people for smoking? Hummanity makes me sick. Kill em all, let god sort em out.

I'm sorry to hear about your plight. I too think that it is insane that cigarettes are allowed to be sold...and not other harmful drugs. There's a reason bureaucracy rhymes with hypocrisy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks like Project Blue Beam is alive and well in Russia. Those of you who don't know what I'm referring to, go here:

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The group spreading this message are planning to be back into work on monday, and well into the future. Most of them don't even believe the message they are spreading. It all just seems very hypocritical to me.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tokar854
The group spreading this message are planning to be back into work on monday, and well into the future. Most of them don't even believe the message they are spreading. It all just seems very hypocritical to me.

If they really believe it - ask to borrow their cars and credit cards.

They wont need thm any more after saturday anyway.

Allegedly.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Oh man.

To be frank - if the rapture did occur saturday and all the neo-conservative, christian zionist fundamentalists suddenly vanished off the face of the planet - then folks I will be organising a massive party on sunday and you are welcome to attend !

I'll be there!
And I'll bring beer.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Its happening in south africa too, we had some losers pitching up at work with family radio t shirts handing out pamphlets.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Hey man,

Would you mind cutting back on the anti christian sentiments? I'm sure they are directed at fundamental types, but its quite offensive and your attitude is being hypocritical.

That said I have liked some of your threads, keep it up.

Kyk

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Oh man.

I'll be there!
And I'll bring beer.

Excellent.

I shall do some CD's and out the 'rap' into 'rapture' and play some Public Enemy and NWA.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

Hey man,

Would you mind cutting back on the anti christian sentiments? I'm sure they are directed at fundamental types, but its quite offensive and your attitude is being hypocritical.

That said I have liked some of your threads, keep it up.

Kyk

I am not anti-christian in any way - I am anti-fanaticism - which applies to everyone who wont see the fact that no one is omniscient.

The basis of the rapture belief is that a few thousand people are teleported up to heaven whilst the rest of humanity of all religions are to remain on earth and are to be subject to hell on earth.

I find that idea very offensive - especially as I am not one of the few thousand who will be whisked up to space.

I am not being offensive - I am being facetious.

I shall attempt to be less facetious just to keep you happy as you seem a nice guy who asked nicely.

Pax.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But all christians aren't like that, its like saying all white people are racist

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

But all christians aren't like that, its like saying all white people are racist

I agree 100 %

Peace.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there will be ugly fall out from this hyper-hysteria. It will make ALL christians look bad.

What will be the fall out from 12-21-2012?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Rofl. Nearly spit out my coffee.

Anyway if the rapture is a true phenomenon I reckon its more of a universal 'Level up' that has happened before in different times.

My theory isn't much better

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakesback
Can anyone please post a new thread to bring attention to the fact that it appears that Russia may have just invaded all 14 of the ex-Soviet countries that include Georgia, Estonia, Latvia, Lituania, Belarus, and the Ukraine. It looks like this news will break first thing this morning in the New York Times (please see picture of a folded advance copy of the NYT newspaper dated today with part of the story and headline showing that is linked below):

proxify.com... 6a70672f

I just returned to ATS and I haven't posted anough replies yet to post the thread myself.

Thanks.

why do you post this?
you have made this same request in at least three different threads..
have you no clue? this is disinfo if not an actual lie..

read my response here..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
LoL for me the world is coming to an end on saturday.
i am moving my mother inlaw in.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join