It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by jonnyb578
I hope he is wrong as it is my 21st birthday in a couple of weeks. dont want to spend it in hell.
Originally posted by TheReturnisNear
reply to post by 01010101010101
My guess it is a non event. However, it does condition people to not be ready for real events when they see that time and again, the charlatans are not correct... The charlatans are there for a reason (to fool mankind and allow others to make fun of them). The charlatans actually set up the power for the "abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not,", This is a power that will set itself up and pretend to rule the world out of a temple in the state of Israel. We still have a ways to go but the uprisings in the Middle East are setting up the conditions.
 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
Originally posted by HAMO2011
He was on NZ tv last night
* 1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. The realization that the predictions were incorrect resulted in a Great Disappointment. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement. The Baha'is believe that Christ did return as Miller predicted in 1844, with the advent of The Báb, and numerous Miller-like prophetic predictions from many religions are given in William Sears book, Thief in The Night.
* 1914, 1918, 1925, 1942 - Dates set for the end by the Jehovah's Witnesses
* 1981 - Chuck Smith predicted that Jesus would probably return by 1981.
* There is a '1983' story from Bavaria of a bearded man being given a lift by a Women, then telling her he was the angel Gabriel and the world would end on the 31st of October next year.
* 1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
* 1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
* 1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.
* 1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
* 1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 6, 1994.
* 2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.
* 2060 - Sir Isaac Newton proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060.
Originally posted by SaturnFX
So, Russia is now hearing that some americans (loose thinking: America) believes the rapture will be in a few days.
Ya, that will make us look great in the world community.