It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Did they include the Gnostic Texts ?

Praise the Lord they DO NOT contain them.

The gnostic texts are "another gospel" teaching "another Christ" than the Christ the apostles taught.

Christ plus ANYTHING ruins everything! There will be no self-righteous boasting before the throne of God.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Jesus said, the kingdom is within.

Jesus said, see with the 'one' eye of light.

= Now you are getting near to the answer.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I have said three times that bloodlines relate to Jesus's lineage - not the community of the spirit.

Right...bt just to be clear. Its man that places importance on bloodlines. Not God. The idea that a bloodline is important for the things of Spirit can be very misleading...as you can see...it has misled many for a long time.

Man has always been prideful....and placing importance to a certain bloodline causes more separation and division amongst man...which is not a nature of Spirit.

Do you see what Im trying to stress here? Its very important because still to this day, there are wars and bloodshed over the idea that bloodlines and certain lands are important to God.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Seriously, christ prayed that the church would be united together and was worried that the church would be broken up. The church=the body=mankind together as humanity.

We are sitting here and nitpicking our beliefs when we probably have way more in common than you think. Gnostics believe that christ is in themselves, Traditionalist believes that christ died for us.

WE ALL FRAKIN BELIEVE IN CHRIST

Take your peaty differences and leave the thread, because us as a community for christ no matter what denomination, spiritualism, awareness, wisdom, power, aeon, gnosis should live up to his perfection and agree to disagree and love each other truly Love thy neighbor

this deserves to be posted twice. ftw

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Did they include the Gnostic Texts ?

Praise the Lord they DO NOT contain them.

The gnostic texts are "another gospel" teaching "another Christ" than the Christ the apostles taught.

Christ plus ANYTHING ruins everything! There will be no self-righteous boasting before the throne of God.

Your 'lord' that you praise is Yaldaboath.

The throne of your God is the throne of the demiurge.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What you are talking about is not Gnosticism, sorry. I have no idea where you're coming up with your ideas, but there is no basis for it in Gnosticism. I again would suggest that you actually read the texts of the Gnostics before making claims about what you think they believed.

Since you're new to ATS, you may be unfamiliar with the expectations here, but fabricating things or presenting your opinion as fact is not seen as being useful. You've made outlandish claims that are easily disproven with actual facts, and yet on the rare instance that you provide a source, it is from a disreputable source (like D. M. Murdoch,) but you don't seem to understand why you lack credibility.

The fact of the matter is that there is sufficient historical evidence to make your claim that the Bible was written by Priests at the direction of the Roman government absolutely laughable; no one but the terminally misinformed believes that the Biblical Canon was selected by Constantine at the behest of the Council of Nicaea; and your views of Gnosticism would be dismissed as heresy by an actual Gnostic.

I'm not sure what your point in all of this is, unless it's an effort to undermine your own credibility, but the reason that you lack facts is because you're wrong, not because the truth is hidden.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The Bible again eh

Yes, the collection of books proved to be the Word of God by the heptadic structure of the integrated message that displays itself as having it's origin from a source existing outside the space time dimension. (I.E. the Bible)

But, you can have 2nd - 4th century writings from men from Alexandria, Egypt who were led by a heretic who died in the robes of a pagan priest. (Justin Martyr)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am on your in many ways or your side, but can you please explain this

Yes, the collection of books proved to be the Word of God by the heptadic structure of the integrated message that displays itself as having it's origin from a source existing outside the space time dimension. (I.E. the Bible)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Wrong, my Lord is Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.

He's the only Lord worthy of my worship and praise.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I am on your in many ways or your side, but can you please explain this

I have to go to work, but get on YouTube and look up these videos:

"Chuck Missler- How we got our NT"

"Chuck Missler- Heptadic structures"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Jesus said, the kingdom is within.

Jesus said, see with the 'one' eye of light.

= Now you are getting near to the answer.

en.wikipedia.org...

*smiles*

Your telling me Im getting near to the answer...when Im the one that just answered your question about where there is gnosis (spiritual wisdom) in the Bible.

Im trying to show you...there is spiritual and earthly natures in all 'beliefs'. Your shrugging the Bible off completely, when it has its own purpose....just the same as the gnostic scriptures have their own purpose.

You are too caught up in the whole bloodlines and the idea that one group of writings is more truth over the other...when they both pretty much serve the same purpose. The are both materials that on the surface, one is going to accept everything that their two eyes can read. But within them, one can discern between the natures of flesh and spirit, and see with their 'eye of light'.

Im just trying to show that there are many distractions in both set of writings...but there are also spiritual truths in both as well.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I have said three times that bloodlines relate to Jesus's lineage - not the community of the spirit.

Right...bt just to be clear. Its man that places importance on bloodlines. Not God. The idea that a bloodline is important for the things of Spirit can be very misleading...as you can see...it has misled many for a long time.

Man has always been prideful....and placing importance to a certain bloodline causes more separation and division amongst man...which is not a nature of Spirit.

Do you see what Im trying to stress here? Its very important because still to this day, there are wars and bloodshed over the idea that bloodlines and certain lands are important to God.

A Buddhist who has experienced Arhat is someone who has also experienced the Gnosis - the moment that any human attains enlightenment then the Gnosis is achieved.

One becomes one with the Pleroma via the seed of God within - the

The Sethians are a spiritual community of the enlightened.

The problem is that christianity, Islam and Judaism do not allow one to attain enlightenment - they are predicated on submission to dogma not spiritual enlightenment.

They recognise the existence of the soul but do not teach how to free it and achieve enlightenment.

Thye all preach submission to the Bible Torah / Talmud and Koran.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Wrong, my Lord is Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.

He's the only Lord worthy of my worship and praise.

Yes - Yaldaboath.

It has many names.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Your article is only partially correct.

The Bible is not a forgery, the collection of books and the religion is the invention of Emperor Constantine in 325 c.e. and his council of Nicea.

Now a lot of preparation happened before the actual council meeting. Many beliefs weren't even permitted to be discussed.

Paul of Tarsus is Apollonius of Tyana born 4 b.c.e who studied at Tarsus.
Apollonius was a magician, scientist, healer, an herbalist who practiced Pythagorian Religion.
He introduced Himalayan and Egyptian mystery and Indian Krishna to the Hellenized world.

We know that Paul did not cut his hair or beard,
he did not drink alcohol. Constantine loved to drink and wouldn't have this in his Christianity.
he wore all white no leather,
he was a strict vegan who worked magic and convinced people to stop gladiator fights and animal sacrifice by offering up incense to the gods. Constantine loved meat and wouldn't have it.

Paul was an Essene, Notzri, Nazorean, Proto-Christian.

Now keep in mind that Apollonius wasn't the only one. There was the man he may have idolized called Jesus Son of Panther who brought teachings from Egypt to his Jews.

link   
I walk on the path of enlightenment and I am christian! so wtf mate? lol
edit on 19-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

God is humble. A humble nature does not desire worship.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The Sethians are a spiritual community of the enlightened.

If this is so...it has nothing to do with their bloodline though.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

You are very right.

Gnosis, has nothing to do with a certain 'book' or writings.

Many thing that when they find writings that talk of gnosis..then all within those writings must be truths of spirit.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Seriously, christ prayed that the church would be united together and was worried that the church would be broken up. The church=the body=mankind together as humanity.

WE ALL FRAKIN BELIEVE IN CHRIST

Take your peaty differences and leave the thread,

Our unity is around the Truth, through the Holy Spirit, given to all who accept Jesus as Messiah and Savior. You can't just believe anything you want and say you "believe in Christ", you have to believe that he is one with the Father, that he died for our sins, and that he rose again. You have to have no other Gods, meaning you can't add Jesus "icing" to any old "cake". You have to accept him for the purpose of being reconciled to God. That's what it means to be or believe in Christ. Clearly there are those that don't believe this, so there can be no unity with them.

The church is the "body of Christ" but the world is not. Only those who accept Jesus are children of God; read the gospel of John. And when you curse with your request for unity, you're shooting yourself in the foot. What it tells me is that it isn't unity you'd like to see, but conformity, and to a vague, mushy, undefinable religion.

You might also want to reconsider your lack of power or authority to order others to "take their peaty [sic] differences and leave the thread". I sure don't want to be "united" with that kind of attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join