It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 18
61
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by Jordan River
Seriously, christ prayed that the church would be united together and was worried that the church would be broken up. The church=the body=mankind together as humanity.

WE ALL FRAKIN BELIEVE IN CHRIST

Take your peaty differences and leave the thread,

Our unity is around the Truth, through the Holy Spirit, given to all who accept Jesus as Messiah and Savior. You can't just believe anything you want and say you "believe in Christ", you have to believe that he is one with the Father, that he died for our sins, and that he rose again. You have to have no other Gods, meaning you can't add Jesus "icing" to any old "cake". You have to accept him for the purpose of being reconciled to God. That's what it means to be or believe in Christ. Clearly there are those that don't believe this, so there can be no unity with them.

The church is the "body of Christ" but the world is not. Only those who accept Jesus are children of God; read the gospel of John. And when you curse with your request for unity, you're shooting yourself in the foot. What it tells me is that it isn't unity you'd like to see, but conformity, and to a vague, mushy, undefinable religion.

You might also want to reconsider your lack of power or authority to order others to "take their peaty [sic] differences and leave the thread". I sure don't want to be "united" with that kind of attitude.


wow you rattle sabers when I try to create peace among christains who fight with christians. my foundational belief is traditional christianity and any peaceful individual could see the same. sad days indeed are ahead




posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


What you are talking about is not Gnosticism, sorry. I have no idea where you're coming up with your ideas, but there is no basis for it in Gnosticism. I again would suggest that you actually read the texts of the Gnostics before making claims about what you think they believed.

Since you're new to ATS, you may be unfamiliar with the expectations here, but fabricating things or presenting your opinion as fact is not seen as being useful. You've made outlandish claims that are easily disproven with actual facts, and yet on the rare instance that you provide a source, it is from a disreputable source (like D. M. Murdoch,) but you don't seem to understand why you lack credibility.

The fact of the matter is that there is sufficient historical evidence to make your claim that the Bible was written by Priests at the direction of the Roman government absolutely laughable; no one but the terminally misinformed believes that the Biblical Canon was selected by Constantine at the behest of the Council of Nicaea; and your views of Gnosticism would be dismissed as heresy by an actual Gnostic.

I'm not sure what your point in all of this is, unless it's an effort to undermine your own credibility, but the reason that you lack facts is because you're wrong, not because the truth is hidden.



Sorry - you have refuted nothing.

Saying you have is, is not actually doing anything.

As for the fact that you only recognise truth and wisdom as coming from someone you accept as a fount of truth and wisdom as they fit your orthodoxy - shows me you know nothing aboiut either.

I have heard little children with greater spiritual widom than priests.

Yet again you reject what you know is true for falsehoods - the first Christian Bible in existence that survives today is the Codex Sinaiticus ;

en.wikipedia.org...

Date of the codex.

The codex was written in the 4th century.

It could not have been written before 325 CE because it contains the Eusebian Canons, which is a terminus post quem. It could not have been written after 360 CE because of certain references to Church fathers in the margin. This means that 360 CE is a terminus ad quem.[10]

According to Tischendorf, Codex Sinaiticus was one of the fifty copies of the Bible commissioned from Eusebius by Roman Emperor Constantine after his conversion to Christianity (De vita Constantini, IV, 37).[57] This hypothesis was supported by Pierre Batiffol,[58] Gregory, and T. C. Skeat believed that it was already in production when Constantine placed his order, but had to be suspended in order to accommodate different page dimensions.[37]

Frederic G. Kenyon argued: "There is not the least sign of either of them ever having been at Constantinople. The fact that Sinaiticus was collated with the manuscript of Pamphilus so late as the sixth century seems to show that it was not originally written at Caesarea".[59]



As for the Gnosis - I am sure there are many people who think they know the Gnosis - or say they do - but that doesnt mean they are right.

You are a case in point.

Any Gnostic that would seek to impose an orthodoxy is by definition not a Gnostic.

The seed of the pleroma exists in all men.

Jesus showed us one path - Budhha another - but the destination is the same - Gnosis / Arhat




edit on 19-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   


for not all men or women may attain the Gnosis.


This is not truth.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


God is humble. A humble nature does not desire worship.

Humility is the recognition of being in a lower position than someone else. God is above all, or he isn't God at all. It's an oxymoron to say that God is humble. But people, mere mortals with many equals, must be humble before God and not desire to be worshiped.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo



for not all men or women may attain the Gnosis.


This is not truth.


That is truth - just as not all Buddhists achieve Arhat / enlightenment.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


God is humble. A humble nature does not desire worship.

Humility is the recognition of being in a lower position than someone else. God is above all, or he isn't God at all. It's an oxymoron to say that God is humble. But people, mere mortals with many equals, must be humble before God and not desire to be worshiped.



What God ?



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
wow you rattle sabers when I try to create peace among christains who fight with christians. my foundational belief is traditional christianity and any peaceful individual could see the same. sad days indeed are ahead

Cursing and ordering is an attempt to create peace???

LOL!!



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by Jordan River
Seriously, christ prayed that the church would be united together and was worried that the church would be broken up. The church=the body=mankind together as humanity.

WE ALL FRAKIN BELIEVE IN CHRIST

Take your peaty differences and leave the thread,

Our unity is around the Truth, through the Holy Spirit, given to all who accept Jesus as Messiah and Savior. You can't just believe anything you want and say you "believe in Christ", you have to believe that he is one with the Father, that he died for our sins, and that he rose again. You have to have no other Gods, meaning you can't add Jesus "icing" to any old "cake". You have to accept him for the purpose of being reconciled to God. That's what it means to be or believe in Christ. Clearly there are those that don't believe this, so there can be no unity with them.

The church is the "body of Christ" but the world is not. Only those who accept Jesus are children of God; read the gospel of John. And when you curse with your request for unity, you're shooting yourself in the foot. What it tells me is that it isn't unity you'd like to see, but conformity, and to a vague, mushy, undefinable religion.

You might also want to reconsider your lack of power or authority to order others to "take their peaty [sic] differences and leave the thread". I sure don't want to be "united" with that kind of attitude.


wow you rattle sabers when I try to create peace among christains who fight with christians. my foundational belief is traditional christianity and any peaceful individual could see the same. sad days indeed are ahead



You seek to impose an orthodoxy.

Hence you are in error.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes


What God ?

Not you.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by Jordan River
wow you rattle sabers when I try to create peace among christains who fight with christians. my foundational belief is traditional christianity and any peaceful individual could see the same. sad days indeed are ahead

Cursing and ordering is an attempt to create peace???

LOL!!


Is not cursing the unbelivers an aspect of your christianity then ?

Do you think Buddhists could achieve the kingdom of Heaven ?



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes


What God ?

Not you.


I dont think I have ever claimed to be god.

I am sure that if I was, I would have far more important things to do with my time - like healing all diseases, ending hunger and creating world peace.

I am just a man.

Like all men.

I just think for myself - rather than letting others do their thinking for me.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
soft feelings in ats.
it is awesome how messages become so tangled up and changed to other individuals . welp, thx for changing my meaning, ats always does this.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
soft feelings in ats.


For all these lovers of Christ - I dont feel much love, understanding or forgiveness coming from them.

Not very christ like are they.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by Jordan River
wow you rattle sabers when I try to create peace among christains who fight with christians. my foundational belief is traditional christianity and any peaceful individual could see the same. sad days indeed are ahead

Cursing and ordering is an attempt to create peace???

LOL!!


it wasn't a curse, I never cursed anyone in any message. stop changing my words. I was very direct and no curses were said. tired of the bickering more so with christians on christian attacks. if you feel threatned by my directness I am glad you are. Do not be soft.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When the slaves of orthodoxy encounter the slaves of other orthodoxies, thus the seeds of hate and war are sown in the hearts of men.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
it wasn't a curse, I never cursed anyone in any message. stop changing my words. I was very direct and no curses were said. tired of the bickering more so with christians on christian attacks. if you feel threatned by my directness I am glad you are. Do not be soft.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

"FRAKIN" means nothing then? Why did you type it? But seeing as how I wasn't born yesterday, most English-speaking people recognize such a word as a substitute for a more vulgar expression of cursing. People generally don't say or write such things unless they're angry.

Anyway, the point is that when you angrily order people to leave threads, you defeat the message of "can't we all just get along". And sorry to disappoint, but I'm not scared of you at all. You can't possibly threaten me. But I suspect that you feel very afraid and threatened by all these gospel presentations and talk about the Narrow Way.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Would you care to answer my point - do you as a Christian Fundamentalist believe that Buddhists can achieve the Kingdom of Heaven ?



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Originally posted by Jordan River
soft feelings in ats.


For all these lovers of Christ - I dont feel much love, understanding or forgiveness coming from them.

Not very christ like are they.

It sure ain't comin' from you either, bub. Pot, meet kettle.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Are you going to answer my question about Buddhism ?



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Originally posted by Jordan River
soft feelings in ats.


For all these lovers of Christ - I dont feel much love, understanding or forgiveness coming from them.

Not very christ like are they.

It sure ain't comin' from you either, bub. Pot, meet kettle.


Then follow Christs example.

Forgive me.




top topics



 
61
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join