It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 19
61
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Still waiting for the answer to my Buddhist question.




posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Tumbleweed drifts pass.

Still no answer.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
thread S&F

Fly me to the moon!!!! Please!!!!

I thought by now everyone realized that the Bible is just a very long Story .. written by various unknown people.

I read that book and many other religious books ,..
But that whole Noah Flood was in my opinion

Wasnt that drastic,,As to flood the whole earth ..In fact even in the doomsday movie 2012 the whole earth never was flooded Africa remained un-flooded. Well all I can say is believe what you may if your a devoted Christian and let other to their beliefs..

Cause actually it is just a hindrance to many things .. and it shouldn’t be that way because, we are not to the point of a forced one religion world .. and for that reason alone no religion should claim to be the absolute word of truth to humanity cause that just isn’t the way it is IMO ..

edit on 19-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: inserted text

edit on 19-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: Edit words Noah an Flood

edit on 19-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: geese had to edit once again the word Wasnt



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Then follow Christs example.

Forgive me.



John 173-:4-- “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”

If you repent, you are forgiven. All you have to do is say you're sorry for wrongdoing. That's how Christ taught us.

And remember, people who call the Bible a forgery can't quote it and give orders to Christians. So I'm being much kinder to you than you deserve.

At any rate, I think the OP has been thoroughly debunked, so I pledge to stay on topic and not chase any more rabbit trails or personal attacks. I'm ignoring some of them already. :-D



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
heh, i've been trying to catch up on my reading from where i left off yesterday.

Lots of interesting stuff in these last few pages.

Im not one to side with anyone, especially Christians but it seems the OP is missing something. Similar to those to seek answers in the bible and nothing else.

Gnostic scriptures have much truth in them, but the bible also has just as much truth, just not the same aspects of "truth"

Im wondering if the OP has actually read the words of Jesus in the bible?

Whats this about?

But the main book of the Jews and Christians has no mention of the Gnosis - so where is the truth in the Bible ?


Your "Gnosis" is found in the bible as well, but christ spoke in parables for the most part. IF you don't understand him, the parables sound like nonsence.

The truth is found in the bible and also in Gnostic texts, as well as many other religious scriptures.

If you limit yourself to one set of teachings you blind yourself to the full truth of God.




posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
heh, i've been trying to catch up on my reading from where i left off yesterday.

Lots of interesting stuff in these last few pages.

Im not one to side with anyone, especially Christians but it seems the OP is missing something. Similar to those to seek answers in the bible and nothing else.

Gnostic scriptures have much truth in them, but the bible also has just as much truth, just not the same aspects of "truth"

Im wondering if the OP has actually read the words of Jesus in the bible?

Whats this about?

But the main book of the Jews and Christians has no mention of the Gnosis - so where is the truth in the Bible ?


Your "Gnosis" is found in the bible as well, but christ spoke in parables for the most part. IF you don't understand him, the parables sound like nonsence.

The truth is found in the bible and also in Gnostic texts, as well as many other religious scriptures.

If you limit yourself to one set of teachings you blind yourself to the full truth of God.




That is a good point - i havent read the Bible for a while - I should go back and study it as you suggest.

Thanks for that.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.

More tumble weed rolls by.

Dust blows down main street.

A coyote howls in the distance.

Silence.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Seeing as you wont answer - then we can presume you are afriad to answer, as the answer is no - Buddhists cnnot go to the Kingdom of Heaven.

So a paedophile priest who has spent decades molesting children , simply as they are a Christian, will go to heaven - but a person who has dedicated their life to meditation, never hurt a fly, never ate meat, never hurt anyone and who sought only things of the spirit will not go to heaven.

I am sure Christ - a highly evolved spiritual person would think that anyone who thinks that does not speak in his name.


edit on 19-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.


You asked an off-topic question and directed it to "Christian Fundamentalists". Whom do you expect is going to answer it?



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.


You asked an off-topic question and directed it to "Christian Fundamentalists". Whom do you expect is going to answer it?


All three of you.

You first.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


my friend there is much truth in the bible...

Take it from someone whos studied both the Gnostic and Christian scriptures. I believe both have the teachings of Christ, just different aspects of them. Some of which were removed by the church such as reincarnation. You can still find evidence of reincarnation in the bible if you know where to look. This leads me to believe many of the gnostic teachings actually belong in the bible but didn't coinside with the leaders of the churches thoughts on Christ at the time. Also considering the gnostics were basically wiped out by the church it makes you wonder what were they trying to to hide. Although once you read the gnostic scriptures you can clearly see what was thought to be heretical

Of course the reason some info was taken out was control over the populous. If people believed they have "one life to live" then you should make the best out of that life. And the best way is to follow those who are closest with God (the church) This sad ideal is still in effect today. Follow what the church tells you to follow, condem all others that don't believe what your church tells you to believe.

Unfortunatly the path of the church usually leads to judgement of others.

Read the words of Christ in the bible my friend... His words are truth




posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


my friend there is much truth in the bible...

Take it from someone whos studied both the Gnostic and Christian scriptures. I believe both have the teachings of Christ, just different aspects of them. Some of which were removed by the church such as reincarnation. You can still find evidence of reincarnation in the bible if you know where to look. This leads me to believe many of the gnostic teachings actually belong in the bible but didn't coinside with the leaders of the churches thoughts on Christ at the time. Also considering the gnostics were basically wiped out by the church it makes you wonder what were they trying to to hide. Although once you read the gnostic scriptures you can clearly see what was thought to be heretical

Of course the reason some info was taken out was control over the populous. If people believed they have "one life to live" then you should make the best out of that life. And the best way is to follow those who are closest with God (the church) This sad ideal is still in effect today. Follow what the church tells you to follow, condem all others that don't believe what your church tells you to believe.

Unfortunatly the path of the church usually leads to judgement of others.

Read the words of Christ in the bible my friend... His words are truth




I will - I was forced to read it at school and havent since then - I will do so though.

Thanks for reminding me.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


I'll answer your question just for fun...

Both the pedophile and the buddhist will pass into the afterlife... There is no hell, only the one we create for ourselves. And if a spiritual Hell exists, its reserved for those who refuse to learn from their mistakes. (but i still don't believe in any hell)

Of course once both of these individuals get to the next step, i'd hate to be in the pedophile's shoes....

Judgement time



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.


You asked an off-topic question and directed it to "Christian Fundamentalists". Whom do you expect is going to answer it?

"Christian fundamentalist" has a thousand definitions, so be sure to pin him down on which one he thinks applies to even one person in this thread, or you're guilty no matter what you say.

Personally, I'm not paying attention to any more such demands or off-topic rants. If I see anything different than the Wiki quotes I might say something, but I'm pretty sure this horse has been beaten into the ground. Was good exercise though, and I greatly value the insights of those who have done the research from reputable sources. Thanks for all of you who have done a lot of work for our Savior.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


If you are forced to read the bible you'll learn absolutely nothing. Read it of your own free will and you may be supprized what you find.

Heres a pro tip for ya...

Start with Matthew, not Genesis



edit on 19-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.


You asked an off-topic question and directed it to "Christian Fundamentalists". Whom do you expect is going to answer it?


All three of you.

You first.


I'm not a Christian Fundamentalist, so the question isn't directed at me.

Your question (and self-provided answer) is shrouded in ignorance, though. Buddhism is not a religion, so to say that being a Christian Buddhist is paradoxical is not correct. And no Christian that I'm aware of believes that simply saying that one is a Christian and living a deplorable life somehow equates salvation. An unrepentant pedophile (priest or otherwise) is damned, regardless of what they label themselves.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


I'll answer your question just for fun...

Both the pedophile and the buddhist will pass into the afterlife... There is no hell, only the one we create for ourselves. And if a spiritual Hell exists, its reserved for those who refuse to learn from their mistakes. (but i still don't believe in any hell)

Of course once both of these individuals get to the next step, i'd hate to be in the pedophile's shoes....

Judgement time



I agree 100 % - hell is the hell we take with us into the afterlife - our hates, fears, guilt and sins.



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.


You asked an off-topic question and directed it to "Christian Fundamentalists". Whom do you expect is going to answer it?


All three of you.

You first.


I'm not a Christian Fundamentalist, so the question isn't directed at me.

Your question (and self-provided answer) is shrouded in ignorance, though. Buddhism is not a religion, so to say that being a Christian Buddhist is paradoxical is not correct. And no Christian that I'm aware of believes that simply saying that one is a Christian and living a deplorable life somehow equates salvation. An unrepentant pedophile (priest or otherwise) is damned, regardless of what they label themselves.



Spare us the evasions.

Answer the question.

I never asked about the status of Buddhism or its status as a religion - though saying Buddhism is not a religion is total nonsense.

I asked -


Does a Chrsitian Fundementalist believe a Buddhist will enter the kingdom of heaven ?

Will a paedophile priest who has abused hundreds of children, who repents on his last breath, go to heaven ?



posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
Still waiting for the answer about the Buddhists.


You asked an off-topic question and directed it to "Christian Fundamentalists". Whom do you expect is going to answer it?

"Christian fundamentalist" has a thousand definitions, so be sure to pin him down on which one he thinks applies to even one person in this thread, or you're guilty no matter what you say.

Personally, I'm not paying attention to any more such demands or off-topic rants. If I see anything different than the Wiki quotes I might say something, but I'm pretty sure this horse has been beaten into the ground. Was good exercise though, and I greatly value the insights of those who have done the research from reputable sources. Thanks for all of you who have done a lot of work for our Savior.


ha ha ha ha

what a pathetic attempt at an evasion.

Not the Lion of Judah, more like the Mouse of Judah.




posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by leejohnbarnes
 


If you are forced to read the bible you'll learn absolutely nothing. Read it of your own free will and you may be supprized what you find.

Heres a pro tip for ya...

Start with Matthew, not Genesis



edit on 19-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


I wont ever read the OT.

Its full of violence. hate, war and genocide.

Its like Mein Kampf.



new topics

top topics



 
61
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join