It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions to people that have actually seen a ghost...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's hard for me to say yes or no on this. I have never, DEFINATIVELY seen a ghost or spirit, but there have been times I thought I saw a shadow figure breifly, but I tend to shrug it off. I also had a dream one night immediately after someone close to me had died and it was a very vivid dream about her. Without getting into details, I felt like it was more than the average dream based on the dream, like it was a subconscious visit from her spirit.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Just like a person except I don't remember seeing feet.

Not seeing the feet is apparently very common. Awhile back I heard an explanation for it but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm 30 but I was 13 when I first started seeing spirits. Intially I would see devil figures. Some instances it would appeared to be short with tw0 horns and at other times it would be very tall with four horns. For at least 3 months I would also see evil eyes either coming towards me or just floating in the air. I knew what I was seeing was real..it was just a feeling I had. From that point on I would see huge evil eyes just staring at me. One night I woke up and above me I saw what appeared to be the devel staring down at me. Other times I've seem more pleasant spirits. I saw my great grandmom years after she passed. My step-moms deceased father appeared to me.
Once I was at a friend's house in his living room. I told him I saw 3 people. Two females and a male. I gave a description of the female and male who appeared to be a couple. He told me his aunt has passed away in his house and the couple I described were his grandparents. The clothes I described were what they were buried in. As I get older I see less and less spirits. But my feelings seems to be more in tune with the spirit world. I hope once again to have these abilities. Although a few nights ago, i did see a pair of eyes..that could have been stress related.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by priceless34

Wow. I could not imagine seeing those kind of things, may I ask are you religious? Do you believe in the "actual " devil in the Christian sense of the word.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well..growing up at that time I was highly religious. I was raised as Baptist. Now that I'm older my views on Christianity have changed. But at the time, I was told I was seeing things because I was misbehaving as a child.
I know that isn't the case. ...I know I was in tune with and open to the spirit world.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The most credible sighting of a ghost I had occurred over a couple of days actually. I'm in medicine, and the elderly man who lived behind me died. I went over there and pronounced him dead before the ambulance even got there. I have bad habit of being an irreverent smartass...sort of like House on TV. Well...I'm sure I made some comment at the time, although I don't remember what it was. I'm sure it had something to do though with it being very cold with a foot of snow on the ground and still snowing though.

I didn't know the guy, I had just moved to where I am now. My wife did know him though. Anyways...to make a long story longer, a day or two after he died, that night, I saw him standing in the door to my laundry room. He was a solid figure, that faded out over a few seconds. This was just maybe 30 feet from where I pronounced him at. Honestly, my first thought was that he was going to be upset with me for whatever comment I made. But he wasn't.

He reappeared a couple more times over the next few nights, before he finally stopped appearing. The overall impression I took away from that was one of approval. And thanks, for not mutilating his corpse with senseless CPR. I've had other experiences with the supernatural including continual interacting with what had to be the ghost of another next door neighbor who died years before this, but this was the most blatant, definitive image of a ghost I have seen.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I knew it wasn't just a hallucination because I stared at it for quite some time and watched it move.

Just because it stayed there doesn't mean it wasn't a hallucination

I can't say that it really interacted with me, but when I turned over because I was scared, there was a noise in my room that sounded like my room was being smashed with a wrecking ball, yet nothing was damaged.

Hypnogogia

Quite disturbing name for this condition

Exploding Head Syndrome

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The whole ghost thing is boring to me because I've seen what I think are ghost all of my life. I'll tell you about the first ghost's that I can remember I've seen, at the age of 5. My parents had some good friends over for dinner and all of us kids was at this time playing hide and seek I was trying to follow my brother who I'm sure was trying to lose me so I wouldn't give him away lol.

As I looked for my brother I thought I seen someone go into a storage room so I opened the door and before me stood a guy dressed like a cowboy and he told me come on in and laughed, I look around him to see 3 girls, 2 in beautiful dresses on one bed and the other not in a dress on the other bed looking at me laughing I freaked out and ran down stairs yelling for my mother lol.

My mother just knew someone was dead from the way I was screaming for her and when I got into the dining room everyone was waiting to here what was wrong. I told them that There was a guy and some girls in the storage room that wasn't there earlier that day and told them to come look so we all go up stairs the door was still open but the only thing in the room was a few boxes.

I asked where did they go and what happened to the beds? As I explained what I seen to everyone my Dads friend David who had lived around there I guess his whole life got a strange look on his face and said you know this house was once a brothel a long time ago. We lived in a big brick house it was really nice and out in the country close to a river in north east Colorado, the house was once a brothel yes a brothel a long time before we bought it. Thats pretty much all I remember about seeing, my first ghosts.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

I have seen one, transparent and kind of humanoid shape and kind of smokey/misty looking. But honestly i usually just hear them rather than see them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well I have seen many unexplainable things throughout my life (I am 31)
If they were ghosts or my imagination I am not 100% sure.

There is one encounter that I remember vividly that I am positive was not my imagination
........ I must of been about 4 years old, to get to our kitchen back then we had to walk through the dining room.
I remember walking through the dining room and seeing two transparent people that appeared 'naked'.

They would often try and communicate with me, saying my name asking me to go to them.

I always said no and tried to ignore them, they eventually went away.

Another time as a child I remember seeing what I believe now to be shadow people, always after sleep.
I would wake up during the night to see a very tall dark solid cloaked figure stood staring at me, nothing else but watch me! After reading here an ats about others experiences with shadow people it makes me believe there is something to it....... Because what people described is exactly what I saw!

Even as an adult I have seen transparent and solid people.

My mother also sees and has confirmed what I told her I saw as a child.
The first I remember

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

If you are worried jus remember this now im lived in a house that had a non visible spirit/gohst whatever and I can tell you that the more you ignore it the more its activity stops. Some people have said tat this angers them, but in my case it seemed to stop ttally. At night i felt as if it was looking at me sometimes quite near my face and at first I was very scared, but as it became more normal the sounds didnt worry me anymore. I used to think that it was my imagination, but friends from my school and later college were left frightened as well even two of them looked at each other then me and asked about the nises upstairs. I had gotten so used to i that i didnt notice when it happened, but by this point all intrusive activity stopped which I believe was due to ignoring them and not cracking even when theh 'turned up the pressue' if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have'n seen yet one ... so no too much say but my grandma told me lots of stories. ghosts or demons are not material bodies but spiritual and sometimes have the power to show up to people with no faith in GOD, and trying to deceive them. And yes are scary ...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

Depends on the ghost. I've seen several ranging from a distortion in the air that felt like a little pocket of bone chilling winter cold was passing in front of you in the form of the kind of fumes that leave your gas tank on a hot summer's day.. that one was the creepiest. It made the hair on my arms stand up, but the person who pointed it out to me was used to seeing it and wasn't disturbed by it at all. It literally passed RIGHT between us and I felt my vision distort a bit and saw the halogen lights on the other side of the cloud ripple with color subtly and then it was gone. He knew it was coming because it usually only comes out when the store is closed down for the night, almost all the lights are turned out and there was nobody there to make a noise, yet we heard a loud metal CLANK from the utility room, the direction that it came from.

I've interacted with ghosts that are simply completely invisible yet able to move solid objects on their own. Open and slam doors, take pictures off a wall and lay them face down on the floor without breaking them. Not just one picture. Over 20. Same room. Nobody had been in or out of the room all day.. and the pictures in question were of the girl's dead mother. None of our roommates would have dared to touch them.

I've heard audible ghosts though I can't say they made any sense. Seen visible ghosts though they weren't completely solid. They weren't completely visible either, some parts of them were simply not fully manifested.

How did you know it was a ghost and not a halucination?

Hallucinations usually happen to just one person. Most of the instances were with another person there witnessing the exact same thing. Sometimes I was the last person to notice.

Did the ghost interact with you ?

Sometimes. Sometimes it just sailed right past me paying me no notice at all.

How did you feel during the incident and after seeing it?

At first? Terrified. Unnerved. The first time I thought my boss was crazy. Then I realized with a kind of sickening, floor dropping out from under you feeling that there were in fact ghosts, this was one and anyone who hadn't seen one would think I was crazy if I ever tried to explain what just happened. I've since ceased to care if people think I'm crazy. He obviously didn't.

Did it change your life?

I wouldn't say that. I had believed in things like this before but I was a pretty firm believer that when you die, you simply die. It definitely changed my viewpoint and some of my beliefs. I wouldn't go so far as to say it changed my life.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I use to live in a house that was occupied by two "things". I hesitate to say ghost because they didn't behave as I would imagine ghosts would behave (ie.. they weren't interactive). The first is a Native American man. He can be seen on occassion raiding my refridgerator. Not really. He just walks up to the wall were the fridge was and bends over. Looks like he's trying to pick something up. He rises, looks left, and then fades away. This is especially spooky if you are standing down the main hallway from the kitchen as it looks as though he looks right at you. When we bought the house from my grandmother she warned us about the ghost. I saw him about 5-10 times in my life, always late at night. When my mother got cancer, my fiance moved into the house with me to help me with my mom ( My grandmother moved back in with us as well). One night my wife woke in the middle of the night to go use the restroom. I woke too and met her in the hall, startling her. I told her to relax, that she was going to wake the house. She said its fine, that she heard my grandmother in the kitchen. I pointed to my grandmother's room and she saw that she was asleep in bed. We both looked down the hall and there he was, staring back at us (seemingly). In hind sight I should of warned her about the ghosts, but oh well.
The other ghost I only saw three times, and he was a bit gory, but boring. We have an addition on the back of our house that you had to go outside across the patio to access. We used this room as a media room (or library). On occassion you'd walk in and come face to "face" with a headless man standing in the room. He didn't do anything except stand there for 2-3 seconds and then vanish. Often times while doing my homework I'd look over my shoulder and see him standing there, pointed towards the door. My wife never saw him, thank god, but my mother, grandmother and sister have all seen this one.
I wouldn't call them ghosts. They're more like echoes of some event, but they were eerie none the less.

There have been actual ghosts in my life in the past though. One has several witnesses, and the other just myself. The first I don't remember because I was an infant, but according to my father, sister, and mother, I was rocked asleep in my cradle on several occassions by the ghost of an old woman.
The other account is from when I was sixteen. Growing up in my hometown there was a road that curved hard with a brick wall (for a cemetary no less) on one side and a hill mound on the other. Many a young fool has hit one or both of these walls and perished over the years.
One night I was headed home and I saw a woman walking down this road. I passed her and looked in my sideview mirror and noticed she'd stopped and turned to look at me. I drove about a quarter mile and noticed that she was still in my mirror, in the same spot. Another quarter mile goes by and she's still there. I finally got a bit freaked out and floored it. Just before I was about to reach this turn I looked one last time and she was gone. I looked out my driver's side window and was right next to me. I mean her face was where the glass would be if the window were rolled up. She whispered "Slow down". I hit the breaks and looked forward in just enough time to make the turn unscathed.
Needless to say that when I passed that turn I hauled ass till I got home, but my heart was pounding for a few minutes afterward. That's probably about the most freaked I've been in my life.
I've witnessed the actions of hostile spirits, but have never known a ghost to cause any real harm, but they can get a bit testy, usually doing things like making ceiling fans growl, or lights dim, slam a door, or spook the cats, but nothing I'd call "evil". Most ghost are just trying to work things out I believe. A lot of what people see are echoes though. There's a famous video of an echo walking across a courtyard and entering a building. I wish I could remember where it was so I could find a vid for you. If I remember I'll post.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have seen ghosts (if this is what they were) manifest in 3 different forms. I don't 'see' them often I am far more likely to sense, which is far more subjective in my opinion and more difficult to quantify.

The first type pretty much looked solid, until it vanished by fading in front of my eyes. It was a straggly haired man that was crouched over me as I woke up and opened my eyes at dawn, on a bright spring morning. It didn't communicate with me but was unnerving, being within inches of my face- especially as I had previously been creeped out whilst trying to fall asleep in that house and physically sensing someone leaning over me. I suppose I couldn't fully discount it being a hangover from a dream-state as I awoke. I could buy this idea more if I hadn't also seen it step away from my partner whilst out. He actually looked like he was smoking (which he does not) and I saw the same male (straggly haired, scrawny figured) step away like he had been superimposed over him. Incidentally, my friend sensed this at the same time.

The second type, I believe, was the manifestation of my recently departed gramphs. This was a comforting experience accompanied by an overwhelming sense of peace and love. I returned back to the house in which, I and he lived before he passed. I tried to cook something in the microwave and it started to beep erratically as if it had finished cooking, when it hadn't. My gramphs would have found interfering with electrical items ironic, as he was an electrician in life and fully believed in the afterlife. I think this was his way of getting my attention. I turned around and saw a cross- legged outline hovering above his armchair. It was transparent and a bit like I see auras sometimes- with colours showing like blue and yellow. these colours were not static but moving within the outline.My gramphs was very keen on yoga and meditation, so it was fitting that he would appear in this way. I think it was to comfort me and let me know he wasn't suffering anymore. This visitation was accompanied by the smell of the carbolic soap he used to favour. Sometimes I get the sudden smell of it, even to this day and I know he is looking in. The smell has been accompanied by the same peaceful feeling and tickling of the back of my head several times over the years.

The third type was much more menacing and brought on by me stupidly dabbling with a ouija board, in my teens. It really scared me, so I cannot discount the fact that I was very on edge and far from calm. I again woke up, in the early hours (about 3 am). I had been sleeping with the light on due to my fear and I saw a black cloud-like mass at the end of my bed. It was rolling in on itself and moving towards me, making me feel suffocated. I had it in my head that I would be ok if I got to my door. I struggled and crawled there somehow & tried to scream and could get not sound out. Next thing I remember is waking up in the morning. A flatmate told me they heard me scream in the night, the next day- which made it seem even more real. Believe me, I would much rather not believe it was true! Incidentally, there was a red glowing ball of light near the door- I am not sure what is was or meant.

Maybe these manifestations have not communicated via speech, as this is not the way that I am open to receiving from spirit? As I have said I am much more likely to sense or physically feel things. I have only once ever heard anything from spirit and it freaked me out much more than seeing ever would. I was the same house as the first encounter and I had been away for the weekend and someone behind me in the bathroom said, 'you're back'. I have never run out of anywhere so fast!
edit on 4-5-2011 by MavisCruet because: spelling error!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

seen a solid ghost in a shop with a customer beside me, I thought it was another customer but after double take and run around the shop with no back door there was no body there...
BUT
my main experience was at my home, cold bedroom, images of death (hanging in tree) dogs wouldnt go into area of ghost when she came into house, noises that use to scare people out of house, I also saw her right down to her red and white knee high socks, but the real kicker was when she entered the living room me and my brother would cry simultaneously. among other things too...but the scare part was unknown, never in harm and always feltt very safe.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown

My questions are these;

How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

How did you know it was a ghost and not a halucination?

Did the ghost interact with you ?

How did you feel during the incident and after seeing it?

Did it change your life?

1. First one appeared solid and life-like when I was 4 years old.

2. By the way it Felt to me.

3. Yes. She showed that she hated the living while she was stuck where she was. The Feeling was palpable even to the little kid I was at the time.

4. I was scared shyteless. But also in some state where I felt calm enough to stay still, watch her and understand what she was showing me.

5. Yes.. even then it made me close-down whatever ability was there until much later in life when I began to use the ability to help them.

Lastly, do not be Afraid.. have No Fear. They cannot harm you, and most only seek help to move on.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My most prominent experience recently wasn't actually seeing a full bodied "ghost." Im 19, and have been dating my girlfriend for over 3 years now. About 2 years ago I began becoming spiritual and looking into things such as NDE's, reading a bunch on Edgar Cayce and so on. This is at a time when I somewhat lost most of my friends because all I did was hang out with my girlfriend, so I had alot of time on my hands.

Long story short, I spent the night at her house while her dad was home (this was a little over a year ago). I slept in the spare bedroom. I usually do pray, im not religious, but I do believe in an afterlife and was praying to God(goodness/love). Let me add in the spare bedroom right above the wall is a big cross with Christ on it. Anyways, it's pitch dark, there is one window in the room and that window was covered by a solid pull down curtain AND another set of curtains that you pull together. They were closed, so this was not a reflection. Anyways, I had always wanted to see something, during the time I started becoming spiritual I was asking God(afterlife) to send me some sign or something. Next thing I know, I see a bright blue/white orbish-light come shoot out of the ceiling, literally stop in it's tracks and make a sharp u-turn, and shoot straight back up through the ceiling. I was amazed, and to be honest pretty damn scared. I automatically knew what it was, a spirit. I get the chills right now thinking about it. So im freaked out, pull the covers up a little and just say to myself "wtf, holy ****." That was it, and the most recent. There have been other things after that, but that was the most prominent that I know 150% no doubt that was not natural and was not explainable.

One more thing that happened when I was about 6 years old. We had got back from grocery shopping and I wanted to be the first one in to put the groceries away. So I rush into the house alone while everyone else is getting groceries. As I open the freezer, I swear to this day I heard a prominent, deep, fading/ghostly voice say my name. I literally felt it too, it was a very cold breeze that literally had the sense of coming out of the feezer straight at my face. I got the chills like crazy, and I remember thinking it was a spirit. Yet, at the same time I was so young I remember thinking "this can't happen." So I call out and say "mom", no answer, I say my brothers name no answer. I walk out of the kitchen to the front door and see nobody is inside yet, and that made me even more scared. If my memory serves correct I run out and tell them about it, only for them to blow it off and have me get more groceries. That was the most prominent thing that has ever happened in my life.

Im more spirtual than I ever was, and I would welcome another experience, because it's so interesting. These things happen, there are things beyond this material existence we don't understand, and I now do believe there is an afterlife. From some dreams i've had, it just all adds up in my mind. This is a start of another long topic, so i'll stop here.
edit on 4-5-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Interesting topic: I have never seen any ghosts... But I have seen their handiwork in progress.

When I was 23, my sister bought my mum this gorgeous vase for Mothers Day. My mum loved it and placed it on the hearth. No the fire wasn't lit... Anyway a few days later I'm standing by the kitchen door talking to my mum... When I heard this scraping sound coming from behind me in the living room.

I turned around. Didn't see anything. As soon as I turned my head it started again. My mum looked at me as if I had 30 heads sprouting from my nose. She asked me "Whats wrong?" I told her I could her this scraping noise. So we went into the living room to investigate, thinking it may have been coming from the open window.

It was then I noticed the vase move! On the hearth. Scraping as it moved ever so slightly. I was amazed. I watched this for about 10 mins and when it got halfway across, I lifted the vase and placed it back to where it was. Within a few minutes it started doing it again. This kept me entertained for at least an hour when it decided it had enough. I even phoned a friend of mine to see this happening so we had an independant witness.

Then things took a sinister turn... I was lying in bed when I woke up to hear this crying coming from behind my bedroom door. My sister at this time was pregnant and I thought she had gone into labour. I jumped from my bed and opened the bedroom door and I froze... I'm even getting heckles thinking back... The crying was coming from the empty hallway... I just slammed that door and jumped into bed.

Everyone in that house had their own story to share and in a weird way, sad when we moved. Every now and again at family get togethers we still talk about it today.

I have plenty of other experiences so if want to hear more... Just let me know. Bear in mind though, some are terrifying and disturbing but we never felt threatened. If that makes sense.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

the ghost i saw was like a cloud about the length of my arm it wast smoke as i witnessed it come out of a picture my mom was with me and saw it too, she touched it and it vanished, ive also seen shadows and heard things tapping, knocking, whispering etc but its not as traumatic as you think if you keep calm, the more you think fear the more you feel fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join