It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions to people that have actually seen a ghost...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Honestly, I think I would be even more scared than before. I work graveyard shift at an old hospital, and I get uneasy when I go to empty areas. The funny thing, is that after 6 yrs, I've never had any strange or scary encounters. I scare myself haha. I only had ghostly experiences at that house. I'm gonna bring up the face in the ceiling to my sister tomorrow, refresh her memory.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

Like watching a real person.No idea he was a spirit,until he disappeared.

How did you know it was a ghost and not a halucination?

Because 10-15 minutes later my mother called me and told me that my grandfaather had died.It was his ghost.

Did the ghost interact with you ?

He just smiled at me and waved his hand goodbye.

How did you feel during the incident and after seeing it?

Wasn't scared at all,i was just sad.

Did it change your life?

It was the first time that i saw a spirit and it really made me interesting in the field of paranormal.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
I have personally never seen a ghost, yet I am absolutely terrified at the thought of seeing one. I don't know what I would do or how I would feel if i were to see "a ghost."

Chances are you really wouldn't feel anything until the experience was over. I always had a little bit of an adrenaline rush afterward and had to talk about it with people.

How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

I've had two different experiences, ghosts that seemed to be a little foggy looking and ghosts that looked as though they were completely there.

All I can say is, you will know. If you've been taking cold medicine... or acid and haven't slept for two days I would probably question your experience. You will know.

One did interact with my surroundings by moving an object clear across the room.

Living in a haunted house for 12 years and growing up around a few paranormal experiences, I would say you do get a little use to it. Educating yourself helps also. Knowing that mainly your fear and mind creates these unrealistic scenarios that make you terrified of these things that you have never seen. If you really see a ghost, say at the end of your hallway or whatever, it's not going to play out the way your mind would think it would. Unless you're housing some sort of demon in your home, which you would be FULLY aware of, you would probably be happy you had the experience.

Did it change your life?

Yes. It did because I know that there is much more to death than just being put in the ground. That makes me happy in a way because at least I know atheists are wrong. It gives me peace to know that your spirit has many more journeys than this one.

I hope that helped a little.

link   

edit on 4-5-2011 by itaii because: it posted twice ):

link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

Haha that's a cruel move, no doubt something she would prob wanna forget forever.

I suppose the positive of a house being haunted is that you can move and they don't follow you, although I think someone said previously that they took a ghost with them, looks like you escaped it.

I'm currently working in an empty office and have officially scared myself through reading and imagination.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks for sharing your story. It was quite touching really, I guess seeing a loved one would take out an element of fear.

Did this confirm exsistence of the after life for you ?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by itaii

Living in a haunted house for 12 years and growing up around a few paranormal experiences, I would say you do get a little use to it. Educating yourself helps also. Knowing that mainly your fear and mind creates these unrealistic scenarios that make you terrified of these things that you have never seen. If you really see a ghost, say at the end of your hallway or whatever, it's not going to play out the way your mind would think it would. Unless you're housing some sort of demon in your home, which you would be FULLY aware of, you would probably be happy you had the experience.

Did it change your life?

Yes. It did because I know that there is much more to death than just being put in the ground. That makes me happy in a way because at least I know atheists are wrong. It gives me peace to know that your spirit has many more journeys than this one.

I hope that helped a little.

It did help, and it fascinates me that there are people who can take it in their stride. As you say imagination is a key player in fear. Living in a house for 12 years I can see how you can get used to it but how long did it take you to get used to this feeling? Did you ever experience any negative responses from the spirits?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

It did help, and it fascinates me that there are people who can take it in their stride. As you say imagination is a key player in fear. Living in a house for 12 years I can see how you can get used to it but how long did it take you to get used to this feeling? Did you ever experience any negative responses from the spirits?

When I was really young it scared me. I would say it took me a few years to get really use to it. If you've never had any experience I think it would take you a few years also.

I would say I have experienced negative responses. The one where and object flew right across the room and hit the wall seemed a little negative to me. It hit loud and I didn't even see it in mid air. I felt like that was unusual and doesn't normally happen with just a typical ghost experience.

If you get the time, you should check out my experience thread.
My Paranormal Experience

I go into detail throughout the whole thread.

Would you like to see a ghost/spirit? Is that what brought up the question?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike
I lived in a haunted house for 8 yrs. I saw some creepy things, but the one incident I remember the most is when I just got out the shower and opened the bathroom door, I saw my dad 4-5 feet in front of me , walking down the hallway with his back to me. I called his name several times but he didn't notice me. He reached the end of the hall and turned right, into the 2nd bathroom. I followed him, 2secs behind him. When I reached the end of the hall I looked into the bathroom and it was empty and dark. .

hi that first part is interesting where upon u see your da and u know its him but theres no recognition,in my teenage yrs i read so much stories on that type of phenomenom and they class this as a DOPPELGANGER...

heres a good description

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have quite a few experiences with the super natural, first and foremost my first ghost sighting was when I was about 7 years old. Believe me I was quite a bright child, so I remember things particularly well for as long as I can remember. It was about 11 p.m. and I was outside playing with my friends, I saw this African American male dribbling a basketball right over a fence. As Solid as a real human, for some reason I walked toward him said Hi. He just smiled and continuously dribbled without end. As soon as I walked away, I turned back immediately and he was not there anymore, as the dribbling stopped as well.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by itaii

When I was really young it scared me. I would say it took me a few years to get really use to it. If you've never had any experience I think it would take you a few years also.

I would say I have experienced negative responses. The one where and object flew right across the room and hit the wall seemed a little negative to me. It hit loud and I didn't even see it in mid air. I felt like that was unusual and doesn't normally happen with just a typical ghost experience.

If you get the time, you should check out my experience thread.
My Paranormal Experience

I go into detail throughout the whole thread.

Would you like to see a ghost/spirit? Is that what brought up the question?

Thanks, I will deffinately check out your expereince thread.

The reason I ask is complex I suppose, but long story short I have always delved into magic and the paranormal side of things and whilst wicca/ magic has never failed me I have always remained skeptical. I would like to see proof, but I am admitedly a complete and utter wuss. I know I would freak out. I recently had my tarrot cards read, and the reader told me I had very strong psycic abilities, of which I could not agree because I didn't feel like I did. She told me that if I wanted them too spirits would come to me, but if not then I should make that clear.

Personally I don't know how I feet about it just yet.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks for sharing your story. It was quite touching really, I guess seeing a loved one would take out an element of fear.

Did this confirm exsistence of the after life for you ?

It confirmed that the soul is real and after departing from the body is not destroyed.I'm also positive that at least for a certain amount of time the soul is concious of who he/she is before death.
Afterlife is another big discussion,since i don't know where he went after he disappeared or where he is right now.I'm still researching on the afterlife deal.
Although he had "invaded" my dreams for about 10 years later,not a single hint as to what happens after death.He adviced me and gave me information about various things and after my grandmother died they "came" together.Then for a reason he stopped and i could see my grandmother alone,until she stopped herself.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I've never thought of that! I've just recently read about dopplegangers here on ATS, but I never realised I might have seen my dad's. I read the link, and I guess I should be happy I saw his and not my own DG. Thanks

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I have seen one ghost fully, shadow people and have had other ghostly interactions.

The ghost was from when I was a child. My family was camping at a state park. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked out the camper (caravan) window. There was a man standing in our campsite. He didn't look normal, faded & sort of foggy looking. But it wasn't like I could see thru him. I could see everything he was wearing. Brown boots, brown floppy hat, flannel shirt & overalls. He was just standing there. I woke my sister up & when she looked out the window, he was gone. I wasn't scared, I was just wondering what he was doing in our campsite. A few years later I was talking to a the park ranger's wife & she told me about her experience. We had seen the same person. The property the park is one was once this man's land. The foundation stones for his house is still there & so is his grave.

When I was around 19 I had a good friend who's house I would stay at atleast 2-3 times a week. We were always coming home from a club or getting up early for road trips. It was usually around 2-3am. Always out of the corner of my eye I could see people walking around in her kitchen, looked like shadows. It happened a few times before I asked her about it. She said her sister, who worked for a catering company & was regularly up in the early AM, had seen them too. Their house was newly built, just about a year old. Her mom did some checking and it turned out that they had built there home on land that had been used for a civil war camp. So she just figured it was the soldiers getting up and ready before dawn.

There have been other things too from different locations footsteps, doors opening and closing, stuff like that. I now have a group of friends that visit haunted locations on a regular bases. I've had my hair tugged, my shirt pulled, heard out of place voices and sounds. Our last trip I had a very nasty black mass rush me. I calmly took one step to the side and put a hand one a friends shoulder. It freaked mt out, but I was fine. That same night, about 30 minutes later, a different group was in the same area. One of their members was rushed by a black mass, he blacked out & collapsed. He had no idea what had happened to me. Here's the odd part. We were in a closed hospital. The only two people, out of the 30 or so there that night, that got rushed by the black mass were him and myself. And we were the only two people with newly diagnosed medical conditions (him a heart transplant 2 months prior, me adult-onset type 1 diabetes). I just find it very telling that it went for the two people that were "sick".

If you ever do encounter something, try and remain calm. It can be hard to do, but you will learn more about your experience when your not freaking out. Most of the time I think "they" are just trying to get our attention or it is just some sort of memory from the past repeating itself.

OiO

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for your reply,

I have only recently started hearing about these shadow people, I was reading a thread on here recently and they seem to be quite a common thing. Makes me wonder why some spirits appear in human form with "colour" and some are merely shadows.

The black mass you mention does sound odd, do you think it was targetting the ill or trying to help the ill. That would mean that it was aware of you to some extent, where as alot of cases involve ghosts that are not aware.

I'm really enjoying all these first hand accounts, I personally think there is too many to discredit, yet some people are just ademant skeptics and thats it. My nan and grandad shared a ghost experience, and coming from them it was the most credible thing I have heard to date. Yet my dad who is just stubborn, but it down to central heating.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

heres another good story and more on the link

In 1873, James Worson of Leamington Spa, England, was a simple shoemaker who was known to brag about his running abilities. One day, James made a bet with a few of his friends that he could run non-stop from Leamington Spa to Coventry. James began to jog with his friends following in a horse-drawn cart. James did well for the first few miles. Then his friends saw him trip on something and fall forward – but never hit the ground. Instead, James completely vanished. A thorough search was conducted in the area, with hopes he had fallen into a concealed hole but he was never found.

www.trueghosttales.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by OneisOne

I have only recently started hearing about these shadow people, I was reading a thread on here recently and they seem to be quite a common thing. Makes me wonder why some spirits appear in human form with "colour" and some are merely shadows.

I'm no expert but I would guess it could have to do with energy and/or their intent. In my experiences, the one I saw fully was like a communication. Like he wanted me to see him. The shadow people were more like a memory. "Shadows" of the past. As a note, their are other types of 'shadow people', ones that aren't too nice. I've have a an experience with one and it is much different then what I described in my last post. Those type of shadows are more intimidating, it's almost like they lurk. And in my case only showed up when there was a very negative force in my life.

The black mass you mention does sound odd, do you think it was targetting the ill or trying to help the ill. That would mean that it was aware of you to some extent, where as alot of cases involve ghosts that are not aware.

I think it was aware. The area we were in was the hospital's maintenance area in the basement. After hearing another report of something that happened to the building's caretaker, I believe that the black mass is what is left over from a very bitter former employee. Almost as if it doesn't like people who are ill (like me) or those in authority (the caretaker).

I'm really enjoying all these first hand accounts, I personally think there is too many to discredit, yet some people are just ademant skeptics and thats it. My nan and grandad shared a ghost experience, and coming from them it was the most credible thing I have heard to date. Yet my dad who is just stubborn, but it down to central heating.

It is very good you have creditable accounts from family & skeptics around you. If/when you have an experience, it will bring good balance. You will not be afraid to believe it happened, but you will also question the circumstances. You will look for your own answers and that is all anyone could ask for.

I'm headed back to that haunted hospital in June. If you like I can U2U you if anything happens.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The different types of ghosts and spirits remind me of the buddhist states of reincarnation.

This accounts for different forms that people come back in

1.Naraka beings: those who live in one of many Narakas (Hells)
2.Preta: sometimes sharing some space with humans, but invisible to most people; an important variety is the hungry ghost[32]
3.Animals: sharing space with humans, but considered another type of life
4.Human beings: one of the realms of rebirth in which attaining Nirvana is possible
5.Asuras: variously translated as lowly deities, demons, titans, antigods; not recognized by Theravāda (Mahavihara) tradition as a separate realm[33]
6.Devas including Brahmas: variously translated as gods, deities, spirits, angels, or left untranslated

Buddhism

Originally posted by OneisOne

It is very good you have creditable accounts from family & skeptics around you. If/when you have an experience, it will bring good balance. You will not be afraid to believe it happened, but you will also question the circumstances. You will look for your own answers and that is all anyone could ask for.

I'm headed back to that haunted hospital in June. If you like I can U2U you if anything happens.

Yes please do if it is not much trouble. Hope you don't get jumped by that shadow

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have seen a ghost ( or whatever it called ) often enough. Saw a ghost in smokes form, kind like smoke around the room that got concentrated in 1 spot. And in other occasion seen just like shadow in human form or other form, like half human half animal.

Other looks just like human form but transparent, sometimes not too transparent, but few times i saw ghost in full 3 dimension form. First is when i was about 9 yo and i was want to go to the loo from 2nd floor to 1st floor and this big guy just sit in the end of stairs with his back facing me. It looks just like human but has a wider and bigger body with big bald head.
When im about 18 , i saw it in a rent house. It was in the morning around 8am and this guy just walking from upper floor to down stairs only around 2 meters from me, just like normal human, wearing white t shirt and grey shorts. I just thinking who is this guy, until he turn into the kitchen and i follow him. No one in there ofcuz.

From what i know and my experience, ghost "molecular" ( cant find the right word ) seems faster and not as close as 3d object. It will need more energy for ghost or whatever it called just to be seen,and more to even touchable. The more solid it looks, the more energy it need. So it will depends how strong it is.

Mostly ghost can be noticed from sounds, feeling or just appear in front of you. It just want to be recognize for the most reason, or want to let you know something. But many happened just because it wanna have fun like teasing or made practical joke and they will laugh after that. And sometimes, they are attacking with some reason , some attack only made you dizzy or have fever for a day or few days, some can make you ill and stay in bed for longer time, some can even made physical wound, and can be fatal too. But this case is very rare.

If you meet some signs like hear some noise mostly if it is not a loud noise, it just want you to recognized it, just say hi or ask dont bother you, talking inside your heart will be enough. If noise so loud like a hard object been slammed, usually it think that you bothering it, or might just want to remind you about important thing like door not locked, water still run etc. Just say sorry and continue things that you are doing mostly would be fine.

And if you brave enough, just get really angry and dare it, usually it will go soon enough if it not too strong.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It was partially transparent.

It was partially transparent.

No, I ran away.

Pure fear. I was young.

Did it change your life?
Probably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join