It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions to people that have actually seen a ghost...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have personally never seen a ghost, yet I am absolutely terrified at the thought of seeing one. I don't know what I would do or how I would feel if i were to see "a ghost."

My questions are these;

How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

How did you know it was a ghost and not a halucination?

Did the ghost interact with you ?

How did you feel during the incident and after seeing it?

Did it change your life?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

I can answer those questions!

It was solid. Just like a person except I don't remember seeing feet.

I knew it wasn't just a hallucination because I stared at it for quite some time and watched it move. I can't say that it really interacted with me, but when I turned over because I was scared, there was a noise in my room that sounded like my room was being smashed with a wrecking ball, yet nothing was damaged.

I felt highly disturbed and was very very scared. Yes, it did change my life. I didn't believe in ghosts before that and now, 21 years later, I'm on a mission to figure out what the hell they are and why they're here.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Thanks for your reply. So did you at first think it may have been another person? How long did it stick around for?

Sorry for prying but it really fascinates me because I can not "imagine" seeing it.

I would have been terrified.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The only ghost I remember seeing could be argued that it was a figment of my imagination. Especially since I saw it just a split second or fraction of a second after waking up. The argument could be that what I saw was an image I dreamed up that had not cleared from my mind. I have no idea why my mind would create someone that looked like they lived in the 1800's though. However anything is possible. Now I have interacted with something unseen. Doors opening up for me one night. It's also possible I have a ghost living with me. I would say a friendly ghost that seems to be attached to me because this ghost moved to my current house less than one week after I moved several years ago. I even dreamed I was a ghost a couple of times. Basically I dreamed that I floated out of my body while sleeping and explored around in other people's homes just to see if I could. I dreamed that a woman in bed spotted me and thought she saw a ghost and screamed a hideous loud scream and the next thing I knew, I was awake in bed. If it's possible to be a ghost, then she startled me. One thing that seems creepy is ghost insects. I don't like thinking about that.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I never SEEN a ghost but have shared an office with one

I was working in a hotel late at the time and came back to my office quite late one night to finish off a few bits and pieces, my office was divided into 2 rooms, the main room that you entered into from and a back room where my desk and computer were, I was working away and heard chairs shuffling around and thought nothing of it as the cleaners came everyday at different hours.
I continued working while occasional noises could be heard from the other room, when I saw a shadow on my wall from the other room I called out hello.
No one answered so I said hello a few more times and louder, when I still didnt get a response I went in to say hi.
I walked into the room and every hair on my body stood up as the room was empty, I knew it wasnt the cleaners as the bins were still full.

I totally cr@pped myself and got out of there LOL

The next day I told some of the staff what happened and they told me that my office was meant to be haunted, it used to be the managers apartment but afte freaking a few previous managers out they converted it to the sales area. For awhile I didnt like being alone in there, not coz I thought the ghost would hurt me but like you I didnt want to see some horrible bloody freaky mess that I assumed ghosts to be

I did occasionally need to go in there after office hours but always left the main door open and if I heard anything I got out in a hurry.

A few weeks later one of my staff said something about a ghost and I told her the story (the hotel was in malaysia and all my staff were Chinese so all of them took the existence of ghosts for granted)
She told me that if the ghost ever came back I should just confidently say "Hello please dont hurt me"

The concept intrigued me so that day I made a point of going to the office late to try her advice and see what happened. After about 30 min I heard some noise, I went into the front room and the same thing happened the hair on my body all stood up and I was freaked, I with great will power managed to calm down and suppress my fear. I was about to say what she told me to when I thought to myself "maybe I dont need to be worried it will hurt me, maybe its lonely or doesnt even know its dead"

So instead of saying please dont hurt me I said hello and asked how its day was.
I didnt hear a response thank god LOL but as soon as I did that I stopped feeling scared. I sat there for another 5 min talking about my day and work then said "thanks for the chat but I gotta do some work, If possible can you keep the noise down, thanks"

From then on I was never worried about working late any time I heard a noise I would just say "hey there hows it going" and have a mini convo, after awhile I actually looked forward to hearing the noise and having the company.

I personally think the only thing to be afraid of is your personal fear, I mean really what can a ghost do other than scare us

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I've seen "ghosts" multiple times.

But the most credible account was when i was sitting on the couch with my friend.

I saw a shadow person, in the shape of a male body. It was slightly transparent, but not fully. It vanished about 5-7 seconds later. Once it did, me and my friend both looked at each other and was like "Did you see that!?".

I lived in 2 "haunted" houses. But I tend to contribute it to high EMF levels as both were older houses. These can cause hallucinations and the feeling that a presence is near you.

But I can't explain how me and my friend both saw the same thing at the same time if it wasn't really there. Makes you wonder...

edit on 5/4/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
when i was around 9 years old, i was laying in my bed and woke up. i saw my mom standing at the foot of my bed. i knew it was her because she wore a green house coat at that time. and the woman at the foot of my bed was wearing a green house coat.

i said "mom"? , naturally wondering why she was at the foot of my bed. I said "mom?" a few times. finally , after no response, and staring at this person, no more than 5 feet from me, for a good period of time, i got scared and screamed for my parents. They turned the light on and came in, and of course the ghost was gone.

Whether i saw an actual ghost or not , i debate to this day. But what i saw is forever embedded in my mind.

Take from this what you will. I am 26 now , and still don't know whether i even believe in ghosts or not. But i do know that i was SURE i was staring at a woman in a green house coat , for about a minute straight. no more than 5 feet from me. ( i had a single sized bed as a kid, and she was right at the foot of my bed staring at me.

What are your thoughts? I have actually never told anyone about this.

link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
The only ghost I remember seeing could be argued that it was a figment of my imagination. Especially since I saw it just a split second or fraction of a second after waking up. The argument could be that what I saw was an image I dreamed up that had not cleared from my mind. I have no idea why my mind would create someone that looked like they lived in the 1800's though. .

Creepy... Yes things are a bit confusing just after you have woke up i guess, but once you've opened your eyes dreams usually go away. Was the "image/person/ghost" looking at you ?

link   

Yep! At first I thought it was one of my sisters and started to ask her what she was doing in my room at 5 in the morning. (Its back was facing me.) But then I realized that her hair wasn't that dark. Then I thought it was possibly my other sister, but I remembered that she was away at a friend's house. The only other possibility would have been my mother, but her hair wasn't that long. When I ran out of options and realized that it was someone I didn't know and that I shouldn't be able to see it in pitch black dark, I freaked.

I have it all written down here: Linkity Link. It's the 12th post down.

I'm not sure how long I actually watched her, but it probably wasn't as long as it seemed.
edit on 5/4/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You see that would be the kind of thing I couldn't do. I think you were very brave. My imagination would be going crazy of I was put in that situation, but yes as you say the fear isn't realy physical or rational , even if ghosts are there they cant hurt you can they...

(I hope)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have never seen a ghost. Honestly up until a short time ago I didn't believe in them. After my incident I believed in them for a few days and then the for sure feeling that they exist past.

I was sitting in my living room around 11pm reading. One of my daughter toys kept going off. It's a train and first it would be the bells and whistle , next time around the sound of steam but no one was any where near it. After awhile I started getting a little creeped out.

I got out my chair I said out loud if there something or someone here with me and you are trying to communicate make the toy go off now. As I was expecting nothing not a bell,whistle nothing at all.

I walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and the train makes noise again. I laugh to myself and again out loud say that's not good enough I am a skeptic I don't beleive in ghost so if you really are trying to communicate with me your gonna have to do better then that. All of a sudden my daughter wakes up screaming I got to go I want to go screaming and crying. The hair on my arms stood up I ran to my daughters room to comfort her after she was back to sleep. I was freaked out and a little upset thinking this spirit scared my little girl.
Out loud I voiced my anger about it. Since that day there have been no weird noises or toys going off in the middle of the night.

The strange thing about it all was that my next door neighbor an elderly man who was very nice to us had past away in his home maybe a day or two days tops before the incident.
Like I said for awhile I was completely convinced that there was more to life then what I could see and what I believed but after awhile I chalked it up to coincidence.

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I am using an iPad and after doing the preview I can't figure out how to scroll to the beginning of the post to correct some errors I see. Sorry.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have never seen a ghost. Honestly up until a short time ago I didn't believe in them. After my incident I believed in them for a few days and then the for sure feeling that they exist past.

I was sitting in my living room around 11pm reading. One of my daughter toys kept going off. It's a train and first it would be the bells and whistle , next time around the sound of steam but no one was any where near it. After awhile I started getting a little creeped out.

I got out my chair I said out loud if there something or someone here with me and you are trying to communicate make the toy go off now. As I was expecting nothing not a bell,whistle nothing at all.

I walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and the train makes noise again. I laugh to myself and again out loud say that's not good enough I am a skeptic I don't beleive in ghost so if you really are trying to communicate with me your gonna have to do better then that. All of a sudden my daughter wakes up screaming I got to go I want to go screaming and crying. The hair on my arms stood up I ran to my daughters room to comfort her after she was back to sleep. I was freaked out and a little upset thinking this spirit scared my little girl.
Out loud I voiced my anger about it. Since that day there have been no weird noises or toys going off in the middle of the night.

The strange thing about it all was that my next door neighbor an elderly man who was very nice to us had past away in his home maybe a day or two days tops before the incident.
Like I said for awhile I was completely convinced that there was more to life then what I could see and what I believed but after awhile I chalked it up to coincidence.

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I am using an iPad and after doing the preview I can't figure out how to scroll to the beginning of the post to correct some errors I see. Sorry.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle

Take from this what you will. I am 26 now , and still don't know whether i even believe in ghosts or not. But i do know that i was SURE i was staring at a woman in a green house coat , for about a minute straight. no more than 5 feet from me. ( i had a single sized bed as a kid, and she was right at the foot of my bed staring at me.

What are your thoughts? I have actually never told anyone about this.

You see that is how i expect it must feel. I am sure you saw something because you wouldn't just call out at nothing, and just because you were in bed doesn't necersarily mean everything has to be a dream.

I guess as to whether you think it was a ghost only you can decide but you seem pretty certain something was there, and something solid that at first did not seem out of place.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Both of you seeing it is what would be for me absolute confirmation of ghosts/ paranormal. A lot of the time people are so quick to say. your halucinating or a trick of the imagination. But when something physically moves or as in your case you both see it then what else can it be. It must be an actual manifestation, wether it is a "ghost" in the sense of the spirit of the dead then that is left to be discovered.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
hi i remember a story i read years ago about a poltergeist
in 1922 a ghost apparently abused a family so bad that the family moved out, but the father remained and was later found dead in the house (no suicide).

this is the only recorded insident of a death by a spirit/poltergeist

heres a link with an interesting read

english.pravda.ru...
edit on 4-5-2011 by davesmart because: link

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by navione

Yes I guess it depends how sceptical you are. I know if my bf had this kind of situation he would brush it off as a coincidence a faulty toy ect. But I would not, I would probably feel as you did, that there is something there and that it is doing that.

Strange that you

I really want to be certain of ghosts, without ever having to see one unless I was with other people at the time.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi i remember a story i read years ago about a poltergeist
in 1922 a ghost apparently abused a family so bad that the family moved out, but the father remained and was later found dead in the house (no suicide).

this is the only recorded insident of a death by a spirit/poltergeist

Thanks Davesmart, I am looking for that now, having trouble finding it though. Do you have any sources?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

My mum always says the dead can't hurt you its the living you should worry about. I had a different take on the experiences people have had when I came face to face with a ghost. I felt calm and relaxed and even loved and I think I know why. The figure I saw resembled a lost family member I believe it was my grandad who loved me like a son.
I think if you are really scared you will never see anything as you own mind will protect you just my opinion.

Peace

Helgas

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I lived in a haunted house for 8 yrs. I saw some creepy things, but the one incident I remember the most is when I just got out the shower and opened the bathroom door, I saw my dad 4-5 feet in front of me , walking down the hallway with his back to me. I called his name several times but he didn't notice me. He reached the end of the hall and turned right, into the 2nd bathroom. I followed him, 2secs behind him. When I reached the end of the hall I looked into the bathroom and it was empty and dark. I ran out to the kitchen to find my parents, but they were both in the front of the house. My dad had the same experience but he saw my mom go into the same bathroom.
1. It was as solid looking as a human.
2. I've never hallucinated before, and my whole family had experiences. Even some of my parents friends.
3. No interaction, it seemed to ignore me or not be aware of me. On another occasion, someone was whispering my name while I was home alone, but that's it as far as communication. My sister had a face come out the ceiling above her bed and just look at her. Could have been a dream, but she's older and never lied to me about these things.
4. I felt confused, very uneasy, and disturbed. Slept on my parents floor for a week.
5. It changed my life due to the fact that I KNOW they exist. There is absolutely no doubt that ghosts are real. Or whatever they are.
Yes I was young when these happened( 15 yrs old), but I'm 28 now and I remember all my experiences very well.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

Wow, thanks for sharing your experience.

I actually got a little freaked out reading that, especially the face coming out of the ceiling.

So in a way have you become used to this idea, if you should see them again would you still feel as freaked out? It is odd you say that the two ghosts you and your dad saw followed the same route and had no interaction with you. It sounds like a lot of other instances people have, as though the spirit is following a line, or just a memory repeating something over and over again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join