It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions to people that have actually seen a ghost...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I saw a ghost or spirit in early 2009.

I was sitting at a table in a rather public place eating my food and I heard the chair across from me creak and I thought somebody walked up and leaned on its back, the chair creaking from the weight. So I looked up to see who it was and started to say "Hi" but stopped short of completing the word to see a translucent woman sitting there. I could see the chair through her.

Although this was the only time I've seen her like that, this "person" has been extremely familiar to me for decades.

It was a very interactive experience. She had an unmistakable stare/gaze into my eyes and some other things I shouldn't mention here. She was visible for a few minutes and I realized I may not see her this way for some time (If ever again) so I looked her over quite carefully.

It was an unexpected occurrence but not unpleasant or life changing. I hope to see her again like that someday.

I've also seen things some people may not consider a ghost or spirit. Clouds of mist, shadows, human forms, flashing mist, sparks of lights, It is important to this woman that I believe in her sentience existence and if I doubt it, she proves her reality by interacting with others around me. The activity almost completely stops after my absolute belief in her is restored.

She's also been upset at me for ignoring her by tossing things in the room etc.

I always conduct a reasonable investigation when She's done those things and usually find no reasonable logical explanation. That's proof enough for me.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Text

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
When I was a kid in my old house I had to sleep with a cover over my face. Because it felt like someone was staring directly into my face. I could also feel it walk away and towards my bed.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Quick note before I answer, this was a school trip to Aston Hall in Birmingham in the early to mid 90s. No one before, during or after mentioned it was haunted in any way but I saw the ghost of a maid float through a door the tour guide had locked behind us before taking us to a stone spiral staircase to lead us down to the front doors to leave and go back home.

She was carrying what looked like a tray with cups and other items too.

How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

White in skin colour and clothing and transparent, as in I could see the doors, walls and floor plus other objects through it

How did you know it was a ghost and not a halucination?

If it was a hallucination, I'd have had more of them and if it was a trick for tourists the guide would've made a point to stop long enough in the hallway to let everyone see it and not just myself as I waited to go down the spiral staircase last.

Did the ghost interact with you?

It was too far away and I was too busy running down the stairs past everyone else for any interactions once it had turned its whole body in my direction

How did you feel during the incident and after seeing it?

Scared during and kinda relieved after as well as curious as to who it could have been and when the person lived and worked there

Did it change your life?

As far as believing in the paranormal, yes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In the summer of 2000, I was riding my mountain bike in an area of Nashua NH called Mines Falls, and it's got one double-rut road in and it's the same road going back out again. On one side of this narrow passageway is a swamp with cattails and enormous weed-type things that mask the glop that you'll sink into if you stray off the pathway, and on the other side, there's the Nashua River, with a steep, short embankment from the edge of the road to the water itself. Basically, it's a dry single-lane stretch of dirt and grass roadway that goes about 300 yards from a factory parking lot into the woods, and then on to tons of bike trails.

I'd just finished about an hour or so of crashing trails and I was leaving for the afternoon. As I broke into the stretch of double-rut single-lane roadway, I saw a girl walking in the rut I was riding on. She was about 100 yards off, and I kept riding to see if she'd switch ruts, but she didn't. She had a blue Tshirt, white shorts and long, straight, medium-brown hair. Probably in her mid-to-late teens. As I got closer, I decided that it was going to be me to switch ruts, so I did. To do it, I had to look down to my front wheel to make sure I didn't dump the bike, and when I looked up again, she wasn't there anymore.

Just that fast, she'd vanished.

For the next half hour, I combed every inch of that small area, looking for what might've happened to her, but I never found any sign of her, or any indication that anyone had ditched into the swamp or dove into the river. The sun was shining, and it wasn't as if there'd been more than 40 yards between us when I looked down for that moment. She was just gone.

To be honest, I still have no idea what that was all about. Se was a solid and obvious as any person could be as she walked toward me on that little road. The area was wide open, the single lane rut-road was straight, and the option for leaving that narrow passageway were extremely limited. All I can think is that I saw a ghost of someone who'd come to a bad end in that area at some point or other in the past. The thing was that she was solid and real as she could be until she was gone.

edit on 6/6/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown

I have personally never seen a ghost, yet I am absolutely terrified at the thought of seeing one. I don't know what I would do or how I would feel if i were to see "a ghost."

My questions are these;

How solid did the ghost appear, did it look as another human being would look or did appear see through?

Did the ghost interact with you ?

Did it change your life?

Finally an intelligent question about something I have been wanting to hear people about. Seeing the dead. I see the dead. Not all the time, not even some of the time, but I see them. Sometimes is is nothing but an energy field, or a little blur in the fabric of time that surrounds us all. A small distortion. Other times it is a head. Yes, a head, talking. Sometimes it is a lot of voices but the origins are blurry. Sometimes it is a full apparition, sometimes floating, sometimes standing.

I don't do funerals, or hang around old folk's homes. I can see the death on people too, like a black veil about them.

The best ghost story I have is my Grandfather. He came to me last year, a solid, breathing humanoid, about 30 years old. (he was 61 when he "died") He no longer had the Black Lung cough, or the bad back that had caused him a great deal of pain in life. We walked and talked for several hours, I guess, and when he said goodbye, I turned and saw my body lying there asleep on the bed. I had to crawl back into it. I touched him twice, both times he felt warm to the touch, and he visibly breathed air just like me. Was this a ghost? Well, he did die, I remember when they buried him.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I have personally never seen a ghost, yet I am absolutely terrified at the thought of seeing one. I don't know what I would do or how I would feel if i were to see "a ghost."

My questions are these;

Did it change your life?

I have seen more than a few spirits, but this story was the best one for me and gave me the proof I needed.

Somehow, at a very young age, around 4 years old, I was very aware of ghosts and the fact that people believed the dead could appear to the living. I remember begging my nan to promise she would come back and prove to me that life after death was real. I often wanted to talk paranormal with her, but on the few occasions we did, I became very scared, so she would make the promise, comfort me and change the subject.

My nan died august 1993, Febuary 1994, I had a dream about my nan, which felt very real, I I was stood in the kitchen of the home she lived in when I was young, talking to her, I can't now recall the exact words, which were very important, but I asked her what she was doing back here, was she dead? a ghost? Nan told me that yes she was dead, no she wasn't a ghost, she had been allowed to come back for just one day. I don't recall the rest. Then I woke up to see my nan stood by my bed in a purple dressing gown she used to wear (which was actually hung on the back of my bedroom door at the time). She looked just like any other person, nothing to indicate she wasn't real. Nan looked at me and smiled, she said "don't worry everything is going to be ok". I looked over towards my bedroom door, saw the hallway light on, then looked to the left of me and saw my three and a half year old son asleep, looked back to the right and nan had vanished. I went straight to sleep and it was the most restful night I had experienced in 7 years.

When I woke in the morning and realised what I had seen, I was in pieces. Totally scared, petrified, especially as my son had not been in my bed when I went to sleep, before the dream, but was there when I woke. Please bear in mind, my bedroom was lit when I saw her, by the hallway light, the door was on the diagonal from where she was stood and behind her was a full length mirror, so no mistaking it. The dressing gown had metallic embrodery on a mandarin collar, so that had been picked up by the light too. For the next three months, I slept every night with the light on, although I had not been scared when I saw her.

There is an interesting post script to this story, which proved to me what I had seen, some time later.

I was sat at a friends house, on a saturday afternoon, drinking coffee and chatting, with the tv on quietly in the back ground, when something caught my attention and I asked Becky, to turn the tv up. I saw two men, in an office in the sky, surrounded by clouds, they were having a conversation about coming back to earth. The words that were used were exactly the same as the words my nan used in my dream! I grabbed the tv times as I was fascinated and wanted to know what the film was. It was carousel.

When I was small, I used to help my nan tidy up and enjoyed pulling out her vinyl to look at the album covers, using the excuse I was tidying them! lol There was an album with a picture of a carousel in a fair ground at night, with all the pretty lights shining which I used to beg her to play for me.

To this day, I have not seen the film, nor the musical. I grew up without a tv at home, so it is very unlikely that I saw carousel as a child, I did not have a tv untill I was 21, (1988) and even then rarely watched it. so if I had seen it, I would remember.

My experience is, a ghost is solid, not transparent.

Proof? Thats in the story.

She spoke to me, I heard her voice, No other interaction.

At that moment in time, the situation felt normal, no over whelming sense of love, as some report, but no fear either. Afterwards? My god, I was petrified, totally scared, imagined all types of spirits and demons, were everywhere for a long time after. As I stated earlier, I slept with my bedroom light on for three months afterwards.

Yes it did change my life, Although I had always wanted to believe, I was very doubtful until I had my proof, I never believed the stories of others, Over the years I had experienced many paranormal events, this was the total proof I needed to be convinced. Since I have began to learn to heal, see and hear spirits, not as often as I would wish, but I can give accurate readings when the I am allowed.

Sorry its so long, the memory is etched on my brain, one of the most important moments of my life. Its a totally true story, no exaggeration, or bits added for effect. Hope it answers some of your questions

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

My questions are these;

Did it change your life?

Hey there eyesdown,

I have experienced the paranormal since early childhood (3yrs old to be precise) ... over the years I have had more experiences than I can count but for the purpose of the questions you ask here I'll use that first experience.

#1 My first encounter with a ghost when I was 3yrs old was a solid manifestation of spirit ... as solid as you and I and because of my young age I had no idea that he was a ghost ... or even what a ghost was.

#2 I only discovered that what I'd seen at the age of 3 was a ghost was when I was in my early 20's and my grandmother died ... my mother / aunt / self were sorting out my grans things for charity and I came across a photograph of the man I'd seen ... I asked who he was and was told that he was an uncle who had in fact died 8yrs before I was born.

#3 He did interact with me as he stood in the doorway and asked me if I was alright ... I replied that I was ... then he turned and walked away (he didn't just vanish in a puff of smoke)

#4 I felt perfectly normal during the event as far as I recall ... certainly didn't feel scared even though I didn't know who he was and I'd never seen him before.

When my aunt explained who he was and the fact that he'd been dead long before I came on the scene she paled a little when I told her what he'd said because apparently the room I was in had originally been my grandparents room and because my grandmother had always suffered ill-health my uncle (her son) would always look in on her before going to bed himself and aske her if she was alright !

#5 This incident didn't change my life at all ... but there have been a few that have made a lifelong impact on my life ... the truth is that the paranormal is actually normal to me.

Good thread

Woody

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

The ghosts that I have seen can appear solid, see through, mists, black blobs, I actually saw a ghost hang down from one of our doorways and when people walked underneath it, it tried to grab you. That one was all black. I have seen ghosts that look like we do. I saw a lady in my basement one day as I was on the computer, she didn't ackowledge me at all, but she was solid and elderly looking. I said hello to her and she disappeared right in front of my eyes.

Ghosts are wicked fast, they move like lightening speed. I know they are not hallucinations, I do not have mental disablities at all. I wasn't on any drugs, when i saw these entities, and I have been seeing them off and on since I was 5years old.

None of the ones I have seen have ever interacted with me ever, they usually don't know I see them. It is kid of strange.

When you see a ghost it takes your mind awhile to register just what you saw, it isn't until after the fact that I say "Oh my god, I think I saw a ghost" By the way, since I have been seeing them off and on for awhile they no longer scare or upset me. I just saw a ghost a week ago, I was getting up to go to the bathroom, when I noticed the computer light from the screen was on in my husband's office. I peeked in a sure enough I saw a guy, a little bit taller than my husband just sitting in his chair looking at the screen. The password screen was on, and the only time that screen comes on, (i know this because i have tested this) is if someone moves the mouse. anyway, I said Hello? and he disappeared on me. Told my husband the next day and he thought it was pretty cool.

Did it change your life?

Has seeing ghosts changed my life? I guess so. I don't put much thought in anymore. The more times I have moved the less frequent the sightings occur They also occur when i least expect them to. Never on cue like the Ghost Hunters show!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have never saw a ghost. I have witnessed a posession though, with 6 other siblings and one adult to verify.
Actually, it was 2 posessions. Both my mom and my dad were "taken over" by my Grandpas spirit the very day of his funeral.

My dad was the first to be "posessed" and was acting wierd all day. Wouldn't let anyone else near my mother at the funeral. Voice was a little off. Just totally out of character. No one really noticed as I was around 6-8 years old and everyone else was busy with the funeral stuff.

We get home and are sitting around the house reviewing the days events (who showed up, actions/incidents that occurred) My mom's face suddenly changes in the middle of the conversation and she turns to my dad and says "you take good care of my daughter " her voice was all deep and old, almost sounding exactly like my granpas. All the kids start booking it for the door, including me. (I was too young to really understand what was going on, but I knew if 6 other people were running, it might be a good idea) But we couldn't leave the kithchen. My Brother was in the lead and yells that he can't get out , something won't let him.

At that point, we all turn around to face the music . It was a little more dramatic than that, but I don't want to type a novel. (just maybe a short story)
My mom comes"out of it" and we all calm down for a minute before my dad starts talking funny and saying stuff to my mom. Than my Dad comes out of it and my sister screams that she see grandpa.

Both my mom and dad described it as the most peacful feeling they ever had. They weren't asleep, but they were in such a calm and serene place. They said they would go back in a heart beat. ther was no worries, no problems, just peace and being there.

I thought about it being a prank by them, but I don't think they would do it on the day of the funeral and they aren't that kind of people.

So, ther you have it. I have had 2 other experiences with ghosts, but never saw one. And this is the closest thing I have to ineracting with them.

Thanks for listening,

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Aliens, ET's, Ghost's, Energy Anomalies, Lots to wonder about indeed.. I have been doing this since I was a kid >> doing what you may wonder well actually keeping track of the things ive seen .. started recording them all down when i was about 13 as a teen we all know how interesting this is and I wasnt the only one who had this happen to me as a teen I had many girlfriends my age who also had seen stuff ..

I have had many experiences it's just so hard to explain and how to tell what is a ghost from a energy anomalies or a earth spirit?? well that would take some time to explain there definitly is a difference between them all ..

I believe what I have here is a example of a earth spirit .. it is very close by to native burial houses and I have drove by this area late at night and had some very strange things happen like seeing the ghosts or spirits of two people standing on the edge of this road at this spot ..

You can enlarge this by using the task bar zoom
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the spot or area I am talking about .. it is in MN can you see the greyish energy anomalie??
in also this is just one of the many things I have seen on my reservation ..

edit on 9-6-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: had to add the zoom directions and I left out part of my paragraph i wrote in notepad

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It was like a mist and not at all human shape

Well by that time, I'd always thought that my house was haunted and it had a strange 'feel' to it

Not then, but it has since I developed my medium skills

Okayyyy.....

Did it change your life?
Sort of, it inspired me to develope my mediumship

Hope this helps
Ash :p

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Wow was this Aston hall part of Aston University? It is interesting that you say there was no mention of it being haunted. As often I think when people say it is haunted you start to imagine things but in this case, this was out of the blue. They should start doing ghost walks around birmingham I rekon there would be a lot of activity.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Well I have seen maybe seven or more spirits in my life and Im still very young. Each one was different. Some were transparent and others were solid as If they were still alive. I was petrified every time except when I saw my grandfather. They did interact with me. Knocking on walls, slamming doors, moving things in front of me, etc. I have recently discovered Im being followed by something. This is due to the fact that I used a ouija board as a child. I believe this is why I have been experiencing so many things throughout my short life. Sometimes, well since a few weeks ago, I feel like I cant breathe when Its around. Ill hear it moving and shuffling upstairs, it gives me the most uncomfortable feeling and i get goosebumps all over my body. I have seen ghosts for ten years. I know Im not hallucinating because since I got married, my husband now experiences everything as well. So did my siblings when I lived with them. Im actually kind of freaking out because I dont know how to get rid of it. It wont go away no matter what I try.. I believe it is a spirit named Red, at least hes the one whos making me scared. The others have all been different spirits. Its like they come to me. Even when Im living in a brand new house, its always haunted. So I think Im the one that is haunted, not the house

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The ghost image I saw was not looking at me but was standing less than a few feet away from me at my side. I don't understand if the image I saw was left over from a dream, why wouldn't I dream of an image that was more modern?

I bought my current house new when I moved in. I thought it seemed like I was alone for a week after I moved in. Then it suddenly seemed like someone or something followed me from the past place I lived at. I'm not at all afraid of anything I've experienced. There's not really anything to be afraid of. Nothing is moving around. I do wonder why I see some kind of wispy shadow in a single spot for a fraction of a second out of the corner of my eyes on occasion in my house but not other places. At times the wispy shadows I saw for a tiny fraction of a second get close to me and then I could swear at times I can feel something or someone touching me gently.

I can sometimes see ripples in the air around moving objects and I heard that is not normal so it's possible I'm seeing things other people don't typically see.

There must be a lot of ghost believers where I live at. I saw a sign at a nearby college saying ghost hunting classes were going to be starting up soon. I didn't even know colleges had ghost hunting classes.

If you believe in ghosts, then it's possible the ghost(s) in my house are reading this thread. I spotted the wispy shadows for the briefest of moments right beside my computer screen.
edit on 12/10/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
things exist if you want them to.

its your reality, no one else's.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sometimes when I think about things happening they do. When a dust devil formed around me, I was thinking it was neat the way the wind was swirling around me. I didn't expect a dust devil to form though.

When the wind was blowing the lobby door open a foot or two at a time, I thought it would be neat if the wind blew the door all the way open for me. I thought it did at first but it was weird how it closed behind me. Then it stayed closed until I left after playing an arcade game for 30 minutes and it opened right up for me. Then the door in the other building opening up by itself was a bit spooky.

I did get spooked when I came home from High School one afternoon and first of all it was unusual that nobody was home. All the lights were glowing red when I flipped on the lightswitches. After a few minutes of that I got out of that house fast. It wasn't a ghost though. I figured it out. It was a brown out. The red glowing light in the refrigerator was what finally got me to leave the house.

It didn't really help matters when one of my relatives claims to have seen Satan watching my brother and I playing when we were small kids and later saw Satan sitting in our den. I think I might get alarmed if I saw him. Maybe not. I met one girl one night that reminded me of Satan. I thought or imagined I saw Death coming down out of the sky one night. Now that scared me and I was thinking I was going to die but didn't want to yet. Turned out to be a powerful tornado and it was real.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I have been able to see spirits since I was a little girl. Some I see as almost transparent and some look like they are in the flesh. I dont recall any of them actually communicating with me, some smile though. The first time I saw one, I was scared, but now it doesnt bother me. Its almost like they are just passing through our reality for a few moments. I once saw a friend I know standing in the doorway of mutual friends house and he disappeared. When I asked about him, I was told he had recently died in a boating accident.

Sometimes I just see the shadows of them. Once, I also heard a loud banging noise when I saw a spirit and it sounded like a wrecking ball was hitting every wall in the house. The temperature also felt like it dropped 20 degrees....that one kinda scared me a little. I dont think they like to be called ghosts though... I actually grew up in an old house and the spirit of a 7 year old girl was stuck in the house....Her father built the house in 1865 and she died in the house. Years later, I went to a medium to get her spirit to leave and go where she was suppose to be. Ghosts I feel are stuck on the earth plane as opposed to spirits who are just passing through.
They mean you no harm as sometimes its your deceased relatives.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
things exist if you want them to.

its your reality, no one else's.

I tend to disagree with that. I didn't want to experience some things that I did, and strange thoughts couldn't have been any further from my mind when it happened.

For instance, when I was visiting a friend, we were sitting at the kitchen table talking, and the microwave door popped open, we just looked at each other, I got up and closed it, weird but not a big deal I thought to myself.

They had a bottom drawer in the kitchen where the track was broken, it was a big drawer full of kitchen junk, and you had to really shimmy and pull with a lot of force to get it out, and we are sitting at the table again rambling on about things, and this drawer just shoots out, and almost completely out, this time we both looked at each other and said, "Did you see that"!!? WTH!!

So after awhile my friend decides she wants to take a shower, and I'm asking for something to eat, she said yeah there is something in there and to check the cabinets or pantry. I heard the shower start up and her get in, and decided to look for a snack and proceeded to look through the cabinets, and nothing in there........, so I went to the pantry stuck my head in, seen a can of soup towards the bottom, then I feel the door closing in on me, kinda like a gag, like kids playing, trying to get me in and close the door on me. I just started laughing and resisting, and after a few moments I got a little annoyed and was saying ok.....cut it out now, the jokes over and I then stood completely up and forced the door back open all the way, and just then across the kitchen, living room and hall, my friend opened the door dripping wet, asking who I was talking to?!? I looked at her all puzzled and asked her if she was messing with me, she said no, but she heard me laughing and talking, that's why she peeked out. So being the rationalist that I am, I started checking the floor to see if it was wet and if she was yanking my chain, but everywhere was dry.

Although we didn't actually see anything that day, about a week later she said she seen a shadow in her room at the foot of her bed when she woke up. She described it like a hooded person, and like dog snout sticking out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join