It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper win's majority

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Thanks for pointing that out.

I am very encouraged now by the fact that this one makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Britain gets way more 'bang for the buck' than Canada. They don't spend that much more but have one of the strongest militaries in the world.

Why is that? Because the UK wants a proper military, whereas the Tories in Canada are content with cronyism and bribes.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

That was so true under the Liberal leadership. The conservatives are just plain looking to improve our forces ability to defend Canada, to fight and to win. The equipment we need is finally getting to the troops.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

Shame on you. Voting for a scumbag that has driven this country into debt. A guy who answersw to the big corporations and banksters but cares not about the Canadian people. His whole campagin was bashing other candidates and demanding Canadians give him a majority. You like huge tax cuts for the rich do you? You are partly responsible for the destruction that is to come to this once great country. I voted Green but NDP would of done a much better job than harper.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
at least canada is a little more unified.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I believe it is you who doesn't have their head on straight. I noticed you had 420 in your name. Do you have any idea the laws this scumbag is going to pass involving prosecuting us. Laws worse than in the States man. HE doesn't give two sh*ts what you or I think he has his agenda. This election was rigged!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

With any luck they're the same a**holes who bought at the peak of this housing bubble or have refinanced since and will be broke as soon as interest rates are hiked back up.

Mulroney did the same thing in 1988 - once he was in they let the real estate bubble (both commercial and residential) collapse. Spectacularly. Remember Olympia and York?

Also love why if Harper is so good with the economy, then why did Tabi and Jacob go bankrupt and Priszm Brands is almost there and why are there so many malls losing stores? The one where I am is half empty. Walk down Queen West in Toronto, or Yonge Street or the underground area near Union Station and it's the same deal.

As for Alberta - how are THEIR finances? Oh, yeah, all that oil money, so few services and the province STILL generates a deficit!!!

Their housing market is steadily falling so there can't be that many great-paying jobs either unless you want to live in some armpit like Ft. Mac. Oil will surely fall again like it did in 08 anyway - the global economy can't support current prices and another financial crisis is bound to happen, probably sooner than later.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Yep I don't know any one that voted for that scum besides my Grandma who believes everything the media says. Tried to explain the north american union to her but she just said it's nonsense. I told her she has helped the destruction of our country. Seriously how can that many idoits vote for harper? Him driving this country into debt should be enough for anyone
edit on 3-5-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

wow seriously? There are actually people in Canada who think this way. Your the first I've ever encountered. What a shame to our country

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

No shame here either. I am for personal tax cuts that Harper has given me. I am for corporate tax cuts that encourage investment and therefore job creation in Canada.

I am for a leader who cares for a people who are proud of their country and looks to encourage self sufficiency. Not a leader who supports the lecherous use of tax-payer money (my money, my retired parents money, my single mother of two part time working hard sister's money, etc...) to hand it over to those who abuse the medical and welfare and unemployment systems in place that this country is so famous for.
Shame on you for supporting the theft of my families hard earned money.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Maybe you should get out more and talk some of those 40% of the Canadians who voted yesterday....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

We shouldn't be over there in the first place. We were once known as a peacekeeping country but that has been thrown out the window. Fighting fake wars in the middle east for resources, central banks and military bases. Now our country is open to more terrosist attacks based on our shameful actions. I wish we would stay the f*** out of other countries affairs and worry about our own backyard. But with harper that will never happen. Harpoon that scum!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
reply to post by palg1

We shouldn't be over there in the first place. We were once known as a peacekeeping country but that has been thrown out the window. Fighting fake wars in the middle east for resources, central banks and military bases. Now our country is open to more terrosist attacks based on our shameful actions. I wish we would stay the f*** out of other countries affairs and worry about our own backyard. But with harper that will never happen. Harpoon that scum!

Wow, Who the heck mentioned Afgh. or the rest of that gibberish your spouting?
--------
I guess when you can't back and argument you change the argument.........

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

No shame here either. I am for personal tax cuts that Harper has given me. I am for corporate tax cuts that encourage investment and therefore job creation in Canada.

I am for a leader who cares for a people who are proud of their country and looks to encourage self sufficiency. Not a leader who supports the lecherous use of tax-payer money (my money, my retired parents money, my single mother of two part time working hard sister's money, etc...) to hand it over to those who abuse the medical and welfare and unemployment systems in place that this country is so famous for.

He has driven this country into debt. Like another poster has said over and over again he had a 42 billion dollar surplus! HE doesn't care about Canada. Encourage self sufficiency? Then why does he allow all these foreign companies to come in and rape us of our resources and he gives them huge tax cuts..Yea talk about self sufficiency..He should be selling resources to the US for twice the price they are paying now and he should be taking care of our country first! We need the oil, the water, the timber, etc, etc. Not the US. It's Canada's resources, it belongs to the people of Canada not these scumbag polticians and their big corporate friends. My single mother of two who has a neck injury currently and keeps getting F***ed around from WSIB. You ever researched the sh*t they put people through it's disgusting. Many have died due to treatment they should of received years ago. Shame on you for supporting the theft of our country! Including our hard earned money!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

I think it is you who needs to get out more because most people I talk to didn't vote conservative. And 60% of Canadians who voted voted against Conservative so that to me is a majority of Canadians not wanting a majority conservative government
edit on 3-5-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
reply to post by palg1

Wow, Who the heck mentioned Afgh. or the rest of that gibberish your spouting?
--------
I guess when you can't back and argument you change the argument.........

The poster I was replying to
"I guess you can't back and argument you change the argument." Whatever that gibberish your spouting means...I think your trying to say I changed the argument. When In fact I was responding to another poster. And yea, I want a government that will take care of it's citizens first instead of having our soldiers killed in phony wars that pose no threat to Canada.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No offense, but it sounds like you are drinking Bush Kool-aid prepared by corporations in America.

I'm American FYI

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm curious to know my fellow Canadians feelings in regards to the allegations that Stephen Harper breaks Election Canada Rules by openly campaigning for the Conservative Party during the Media Blackout of Elections Day.

It concerns me when coupled with the fact the Conversatives were openly caught redirecting opposing voters by calling to inform them of poll station changes of more then an hour away from their actual location. I know this work around happened to not only myself but many of my close friends here in British Columbia for the key ridings. This is not good, not at all... especially when you consider the rumors of the exact same thing happening in Ontario in this news article which rings of a truth I've witnessed myself.

A Harper Majority?

I didn't see that one coming. Something is wrong here, I'm just not quite sure what. Has anyone else had any similiar experiences as this is an issue that is far too important to be swept under the carpet.
edit on 3-5-2011 by karkinos because: grammatical corrections

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
at least canada is a little more unified.

What ? .. Sorry i never wanted that Province of Québec become a Country as much than right now.

It shows clearly to the rest of the world that Quebec will never accept U.S.A kind of policies Harper is trying to reach.

Montreal Canadians hockey team was in playoffs meanwhile the election campaign and it's almost religious meaning for some Quebec peoples. But .. we stand together to say get out of Quebec Harper..

Proud of my future Country that is Quebec.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Selyatek because: Frenchie correcting himself .. still not perfect english..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
we in quebec did not vote for harper.
He got destroyed votes came in 60 for ndp, 6 for conservatives, 6 for liberals, 4 for block quebecois
6 60 6, 666. not shure it's a got #.
at lease it's not because of quebec... it's time for change... to bad canada did not follow.
now we have to deal with a leader that was destroyed in our province/country. life is a bitch and so is harper...
canada had it's chance for a change but now the s##t hits the fan.. all of quebec will be ignored. not half, but like
80% of quebec rejected harper and still we have a new leader... now the fun begins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join