It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper win's majority

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.ctv.ca... servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20110502/canada-votes-election-results-110502/20110503?s_name=election2011

I don't know how it happened...everyone i knew voted for NDP. Nobody wanted Harper back in.

A sad day for Canada.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It would be a sad day for Canada if NDP got in. I voted Conservative.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsMyName

pols showed very different up to the very end which means either everyone changed their minds at the end or the ballet like the the states was fixed.....

I guess perhaps being a member of the Bilderberg Group has its benifits, Harper was held in contempt of parliament he didnt say a thing, he agreed to an election, his campaign was almost non existent no reps goin to doors little to none signs almost as if he knew there was no point cause he was goin to win regardless, i do prefer harper over liberals and Jacky boy, but i do not like how he is in the same bed as the states that could pose a problem for Canada down the line.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Welcome to the NAU. Hopefully we will keep our gun rights instead of losing them like you guys. One good thing about a unified North America will be a lot more area for TPTB to have to search to find us.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
When the baby boomers die we'll get our country back. Until then its USA Jr. for 4 years. It showed a huge disconnect between Eastern and Western Canada tho.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I don't know how it happened

Voter turn out numbers say it all, we made a valiant effort, people voted strategically, the NDP is the opposition party (perfect fit, maybe in 4 years they will run a viable federal campaign) greens actually got a seat!

But Harper got his majority. Voter apathy wins again. Yes Harper, you won a clear victory out of the barely half of Canadians that actually voted. Slap yourself on the back.

What can we look forward too? Prolonged "missions" in Afghanistan for starters, then probably Libya and who knows where else. More undying, unrelenting support for Israel no questions asked. More tax breaks for the rich and a few token child tax credits to buy off the poor and uneducated. More "integration" of the US and Canadian border, and with that, laws. US laws on Canadian soil. Good bye privacy rights in Canada as those will be the first to be "integrated".

Oh well, hopefully King Harper will get something done in the next four years, even if it's the complete dismantling of the country I know and love, at least it will be something tangible to come out of all these years and wasted millions on elections.

Harper was right. Canadians just don't care, we're too drunk and lazy to put any effort into anything other than complaining about the latest hockey season. His 'majority' proves this.3

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So how is this going to affect anything substantial in Canada?

Are taxes going to be nudged higher or lower? More or less trade? Higher or lower gas prices?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MindF

More tax breaks for big business, elimination of gun registry, stricter abortion laws, harder for gays/lesbians to get equal rights and a # tonne wasted on military upgrades. And thats just off the top of my head.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
When you think of George Bush, just overlay the picture of Harper.
Same pile.
Same rotten stench.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I personally wiped my ass with my voters registration card.
I knew watching the debate that no matter who i voted for harper was getting back in.(no caps on his name for a reason)
If you look at his face during the debate,he is like the cat that ate the mouse.

I think layton is a scumbag and felt much like the Americans....I didn't have anyone real to vote for and a vote for any of them is a vote of idiocy.

Thank god Iggy didn't get in.....bad attendance is not a good trait of a leader.
It is a good trait for a pig who feeds at the trough though.

edit on 3-5-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by MindF

More tax breaks for big business, elimination of gun registry, stricter abortion laws, harder for gays/lesbians to get equal rights and a # tonne wasted on military upgrades. And thats just off the top of my head.

He won't dare touch the gay issue. His wife would be outed in a heartbeat if he did.

He'll up the anti-drug laws too, sign in the most restrictive internet bills he can get away with, increase police powers and sentencing...

Bunch of government contracts for his buddies or in exchange for the promise of lucrative directorships once he's out, he'll privatize what he can, probably push the GST back up too. .

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I personally wiped my ass with my voters registration card.
I knew watching the debate that no matter who i voted for harper was getting back in.(no caps on his name for a reason)
If you look at his face during the debate,he is like the cat that ate the mouse.

I think layton is a scumbag and felt much like the Americans....I didn't have anyone real to vote for and a vote for any of them is a vote of idiocy.

Thank god Iggy didn't get in.....bad attendance is not a good trait of a leader.
It is a good trait for a pig who feeds at the trough though.

edit on 3-5-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Yeah, there is one PC candidate I saw posting online some where that was so damn cocky it was like he knew. In my riding the PC incumbent ran one of the laziest campaigns I ever saw. Voter turnout I figure was under 30% in my riding so if I hear people bitch I'll throw it back at them. Still you vote for the MP, not the leader...

Interesting how the NDP dominated Quebec. Definitely some behind the scenes string pulling by the Desmarais. They say vote splitting in Ontario is what really helped the Tories.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I agree with you not a single person i know voted for Harper Everyone Voted NDP. Ok So the Elections are Rigged i'm thinking.

I just happened to see my cousin Yesterday and he was working (counting Votes for Elections Canada) Oddly Enough he had a name tag around his necklace that said Conservative Party Representative. IDK but i find that extremely FISHY

Can anyone who volunteered for Elections Canada Confirm WTH this means?

Rigged ELECTION IMO

** I personally don't like any of the parties but there is no Independents in my riding and i just voted what my Dad voted *wink *wink*
edit on 3-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You should at-least of voted to get Harper out of there. Hes insane hes going to spend billions of Dollars on jets with our tax money not only did he spend billions on the G20; But he caused our country to be further in debt than its ever been. I swear its like high-way robbery EH

Guess the HST Tax isn't going away anytime soon in Ontario and BC ( It caused Gas prices go up pretty much 10C a litre)
edit on 3-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I cannot believe anyone could keep voting for the same parties or system even. Harper was trying desperately to get a majority several times and folded several times, is that a tip off that bad things want to be brought in to our country?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I totally Agree with you're statement You know Their Government Has gotten us into more Debt than ever before in Canadian History and their Supposed to be Conservative. Now that they have Majority; I heard he wants to purchase the Insane new fighter jets i think the F-35's for billions >

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
^ STOP!!

WE NEED these Jet's. We said 20 years ago, when our fleet becomes expired we will buy new jets from the U.S.

It's over a 10 year period.

CANADA IS THE ECONOMIC LEADER OF THE WORLD AND I AM PROUD TO SAY IT IS BECAUSE OF OUR ECONOMIST AND PRIME MINISTER STEPHEN HARPER!!!!!

Sure he authourized 1 billion dollars for G20 set up and security, BUT he didn't approved every single detail like tree planting 50kms away from the G20 grounds. If it were in the US/UK/FRANCE it would have still been 1 billion.

Get your head on straight, Canada.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
He can keep his military spending to a mininum and duck and dodge alot. We might move to the neck of the woods and get a bullhorn ready. I've had enough of the corruption of this world. The first thing is World Wide Poverty, that is my first concern. Then wars, diseases, starvation, nuclear facilities, their lack of sharing technology and disclosure. So he is fired on his first day as a majority already.

Now, when is the next election? That is what I want to know.

Also, we the people are going have to learn how to become self governing counsels on our own and make them do the right thing, because so far the only purpose of an election of the bloodlines is to ensure they get a minority, and that was an epic fail. Elections are BS anyway, we don't have a democracy;.

But we should plan more awareness before the next election, more wake up to people about what the world is like, and the corruption running it deliberately on purpose just the way it is.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
I just happened to see my cousin Yesterday and he was working (counting Votes for Elections Canada) Oddly Enough he had a name tag around his necklace that said Conservative Party Representative. IDK but i find that extremely FISHY
Can anyone who volunteered for Elections Canada Confirm WTH this means?

It means that he was a scrutineer. All candidates are allowed representatives at each poll to ensure that everything is hunky-dory.

The results still suck, though.

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
CANADA IS THE ECONOMIC LEADER OF THE WORLD AND I AM PROUD TO SAY IT IS BECAUSE OF OUR ECONOMIST AND PRIME MINISTER STEPHEN HARPER!!!!!

Yell as much as you want...it doesn't change the fact that Steve wanted those banking laws changed to allow American-style shenanigans, but Martin refused. It was the Liberal Party that protected our butts in this latest recession. Steve has a lot of crust to suggest otherwise. But the people have spoken, and I suppose they will get what they deserve.
edit on 3-5-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Get our Head On Straight the FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

canadiandimension.com...

By 2006, Canada had socked away a $42 billion surplus, but the Conservatives went through that even before the rainy-day Recession. Now we have the largest deficit in Canadian history. With luck, that might shrink to $10 billion by 2015, according to the Parliamentary Budget Officer. The International Monetary Fund is more generous. It projects the deficit in 2015 to be $5.4 billion. No one except the Harper Government says it will be zero.

THEY GOT US INTO THE DEBT BEFORE THE RECESSION and we HAD A SURPLUS! When they GOT IN

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join