It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Fake.

If these clips were part of a longer video, then why do so many of them start by focusing in?

Meaning, if they were clips, I would assume the camera would already be in focus. So, the hoaxer added the 'focus' effect to make it seem realistic, when in reality, it disproves it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here we go again....Anyone remember when ATS was a respected place you could come to and get an intelligent discussion on something like this from both sides of the fence on this?? Now its "Its gotta be fake, it looks to human." Or its fake because the eyes are blinking to much." GTFO with that crap. Really you know it looks to human because why?? Let me guess you regularly host barbecues with our little green friends?? I know several "Humans" who blink too much they must be CGI too right? Because that is all your 1-watt brilliance can come up with!

No wonder this place is looked at as a joke anymore.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Alternative hypothesis... Creature has some kind of adaptive lens technology over the eye's lens to filter bright light. Then why would it need to blink surely if they are advanced enough to create such a sophisticated lens then it would also be self lubricating?

Answer: The same reason why people with contacts today still blink.

Just a thought.

Also, that technology is pretty "sophisticated" but not beyond the realm of capable human technologies. Here's an example of something being researched and implemented today:
Augmented Reality Contact Lenses
I want a pair of those when they come out for sure.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Xenios because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenios

Are contact lens' self lubricating ? nope.... are they polarised to cope with changing light conditions? nope not yet..

The point being is that, if you are going to fake stuff, fine however, you have to think it through logically and answer all the truly salient questions before they are even asked. This video fails to do that, which means it's someone who hasn't even thought about the most basic of biological systems.. Evolution is a constant throughout the Universe unless these entities are bio mechanical units and even then they would still have abide by the same rules to function properly. It's the attention to fine detail that marks the great fakes from the also rans. Remember how the guy holds the scissors wrong in the Mantilla film of the Alien *autopsy*?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Where in the video does it say anything about self-lubricating lenses?

Food for thought.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenios

It doesn't have to, you are simply not thinking it through on any sort of logical level.

Question..In evolution how many animals that are day tie creatures have huge eyes in proportion to their bodies? Answer very few almost none.

Question ..how many creatures that are nocturnal animals have large eyes in proportion to their bodies? Answer quite a few

Conclusion, if the creature in this video is real, it therefore obviously evolved in a very low light environment.

Question if i film something indoors do i need to use extra lighting to show proper detail?

Answer yes.... So why isn't this creature shying away from the bright light, rather staring straight into it?

Conclusion, the people who faked this film, didn't actually think the science of what they are claiming through, anything like enough to withstand the most basic of logical questioning.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
what ive noticed in all these video's is that in the first 5 seconds the alien blinks. now when i see that happening i have my doubts. why?
well the fakers need the alien to have some facial movement and the eyes are an obvious choice. and in most video's the alien blinks almost immediately.
so when i see this it doesnt bode well for the rest of the video,imho.
its something ive noticed over the years and guess what?
they've all turned out to be fake

ETA: also on another point, and im not 100% sure of this, but are'nt they supposed to have no eyelids?
edit on 3/5/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Xenios

Evolution is a constant throughout the Universe

Really? I'm sorry last time I took a look around I only see us. So to say evolution is a constant around the universe is a pretty asinine thing to say. Just because evolution evolved on this planet in one certain path DOES NOT mean it evolved on said path somewhere else in the universe.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I followed your thought perfectly but thank you for trying to think for me.

However, you avoided the issue of the lenses. Let's say he did have lenses in that helped adapt to light, etc. Why would they have to be self-lubricating? Also, why would that just stop a species from blinking? Who's to say this thing doesn't take off his contacts before he goes to bed? Wouldn't he still need to blink if he took them off?

There's too many questions to just write it off. Plus the fact that only the top left side of his head is lit up while the face and eyes are really dark in comparison, thus there doesn't seem to be much need for adjustment from the thing.

I think it's fake, but I can't prove it to be. It's too good to be true, and I have to be skeptical of it. Unfortunately you can't prove it's fake by this one statement of eye adjustment. Again, too many questions and variables involved.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

i loved the top comment "FAKE, how did he get his pullover over his giant head. " hahaha

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

That is genuine pure psuedo science. Creatures, wherever they evolve, do so to cope with local conditions. If it has eyes for vision then they developed in .a direct response to a local need, it doesn't matter where in the Universe that local need might be. Huge eyes mean one thing above all else , they have evolved to gather as much light as is possible for the brain to filter. Ergo, it follows logically that, it probably evolved in a lowlight environment.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenios

Because ta daaaaaaa...... it blinked and blinking is used to lubricate the eye. Which therefore means it must be a lens covering the actual eyeball if it is not the eyeball itself.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yeah, but that proves nothing. It's a lens. Over the eyeball. And the creature blinks.

As I said before, humans blink when they have contacts in.

This self-lubricating business is non-sense and I already told you why.
1) You don't know if the lenses are self-lubricating.
2) Even if they are self-lubricating that doesn't necessarily stop it from blinking.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by w810i

That is genuine pure psuedo science. Creatures, wherever they evolve, do so to cope with local conditions. If it has eyes for vision then they developed in .a direct response to a local need, it doesn't matter where in the Universe that local need might be. Huge eyes mean one thing above all else , they have evolved to gather as much light as is possible for the brain to filter. Ergo, it follows logically that, it probably evolved in a lowlight environment.

Actually its not psuedo science as you call it. You are assuming a great many things soley based off of our biology. You don't know what form biology takes on another world what so ever. Do bacteria have eyes? No they don't. Insects have huge eyes way out of proportion to their bodies which as nothing to do with low light aspects. How do you explain the need for 8 eyes on a spider??

Just because you assume that some sort of alien life form is constructed like we are does not mean it will be. We are carbon based organisms. Ever stopped to think that maybe this particular set of biology we have is in direct relation to that. So if their is life out there that is based on silicon it may very well not be based off its conditions.

My point is that your ego is assuming things you do not have an answer too.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This is fake for at least 1 reason...HIS JUMPSUIT IS WRINKLED!!! I mean, it doesnt actually fit, it looks like some 1950's clothes. You would think a star travler could get his outfit to fit nice and snug...in interstellar journeys there is no room for error, and I find it highly improbable an alien grey would wear a baggy ass jumpsuit with wrinkles all it it and crumpled up on his shoulder...he looks a mess, and at the very least needs a "Makeover Intervention" lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
See, this is waht does crack me up at times. Most of the folklore i have read on the greys goes something like this...

One of the things that freaks contactees out is the huge UNBLINKING eyes. This is indeed alien to humans and would indeed freak most people out as being stared at makes us, as humans, uncomfortable full stop. Now as many contactees have stated, they sense that the small greys are somehow small bio mechanical robots with enough self will to probably have a sophisticated neural complex that understands and can extrapolate *threat*. Ie, it is such a sophisticated robot it can , sense danger. I can go with that, but then, I have real problems with such a sophisticated technology then saying.. oh yeah.. lets spend a huge amount of time making it blink. Why? why would you ever engineer something that doesn't need to blink to do something that it simply doesn't need to? Given most contactees specifically state, blank staring unblinking eyes, then this film is an epic fail sn't it? Furthermore it suggest strongly that whoever made it, hasn't even done the most basic homework with regards to what people say they have actually seen with regards to the Greys.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksorum
It's a very bad CGI obviously.. if your over the age of 50 please don't post at all, you can hardly tell the difference between a cartoon and real life.

This is just about the most asinine comment I've seen on ATS in a long time...

Your BOSS pal, who signs your paycheck, is likely here and has also been doing rendering and wiremesh CGI since before you were born.

So before you get your diapers all twisted in a tight bunch, try a little mutual respect and start acting a bit more mature.

Your nose is running again. And for crying out loud, take a shower once in a while, will you!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So now we're claiming scientific facts of alien species based off of said alien abduction and encounters.

Not to discount them completely, but the fact of the matter is that word of mouth is probably the worst form of evidence possible when it comes to scientific proofs.
Of course, it is the strongest in a court of law... However, that is another discussion...

I think you're taking it a bit far if you're taking abduction 'encounters' as proof of alien biology. Anybody can make a story like that. It's going to take more than that for me and hopefully many others on here.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Sorry but you are utterly wrong there. We do know what other worlds might well look like and their life forms might be as the same cosmic building blocks are floating around in space throughout our Universe. There might well be non carbon based life, that one is a definite possibility, but then why would non carbon based life follow exactly the same pattern as carbon based creatures? I strongly suspect, bipedal creatures with eyesight are only carbon based. It's not 100% certain , it is however the most logical assumption.

Don't get me wrong, I am one who argues the opposite to many scientists. I think bipedal creatures with two eyes and some form of hand are probably, the dominant technology using intelligences throughout the universe. I would argue that again based on the fact that, the cosmic dust we are made from is the same throughout our Universe.and that the DNA of another world will probably, in my opinion, turn out to be remarkably similar if not the same as our basic DNA.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenios

Actually, Ive spoken to a Shaman about the greys and they told me, the Native American culture has been aware of them for hundreds of years. Make of that what you will. Virtually all the first hand evidence from people who have seen greys says they do not blink. That to me says the people who made this video simply didn't do their homework properly. in exactly the same way when Ray Mantilla made his Alien Autopsy he missed out the detail that surgeons and pathologists do not hold scissors using a tailor's grip.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join