It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm with you on this. YouTube has become the place to "advertise" for films in viral marketing.
I say either Super8 or maybe even APOLLO 18

I may have believed something like this 100% back in 1996 but today it is too easy to create these videos.
Kids do them in class when they should be doing regular school work

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Pop_Science,

The problem with games is that they run real time and are rendered real time, before the time of fancy graphics, cut scenes in games were pre-rendered (a long process that can take hours if not days of machine time).

Having something appear realistic in games is completely possible but the frames would take a long time (in terms of gameplay) to render.

20 frames per second is the minimum for an enjoyable game without having overly jumpy scenes.

Many in game models are made to have a low polygon-count (the triangles the models are composed of).

I've modded many games and made models for them, UV-mapping the model, creating textures and creating the models is a very long-winded proccess and a single model can sometimes take days to perfect.

The 'Alien' in the video is impressive if indeed CG which more than likely is the case.

I'd wage 20 dollars on it being a fake.

Fact or Faked will be likely to jump on this...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Obviously fake as every one said, to unnatural and smooth typical CG.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Without a doubt it's fake, watch the eyelids, it moves choppily just like bad CGI.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's a very bad CGI obviously.. if your over the age of 50 please don't post at all, you can hardly tell the difference between a cartoon and real life.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
definitely cgi, most likely made in japan by one very creative artist...I LOVE IT

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Doesn't look like CG to me. Looks more animatronic with the muscles on the eyelids contracting that whole area instead of just the eyelids. Something like that would have a larger more protruding brow if the eyelids/forehead moved like that. Not sure why they chose to add the fake projector sounds on that as well as that takes credibility away from the video.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

lol, because you know how aliens really move?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I can't prove this is a CGI hoax because I can't post a link to my own knowledge and experience.
But as previously stated, the animation clearly follows CGI vectors when it moves.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It seems unbelievable the op though if fake was the best hoax, how old are you ?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by subby
I can't prove this is a CGI hoax because I can't post a link to my own knowledge and experience.
But as previously stated, the animation clearly follows CGI vectors when it moves.

"follows CGI vectors" what? erm no, it doesnt look CGI at all to me it looks like a thunderbird puppet the way it moves.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
First post....

To me this seems like everybody is chasing shadows. Is it real??? Yes. Is it fake??? Yes. There will never be evidence that supports either view 100%. On the other hand if it was completely real it wouldnt make a difference in the alien arena because everybody has there reservations and doubts. These videos are fun and exciting, as well as plentiful, on the web but, short of alien spacecraft landing in the middle of your hometown and coming out to say , " hi, we are from another world, we heard about your bomb onion rings and wanted to try some!". There will always be dissent and confusion. So, take it for what it is. A cool video to watch for a minute and exercise your brain.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well..... This guy looks real to me, love to see more research in this video !!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MCL1150

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Facial features are TOO human.

Yeah, it looks so alive, but that's the problem with computer graphics and people that know how to use it. I just wonder if the hoaxters know how they've ruined everything? I could be looking at the real thing, but I'm so jaded by the multitude of fake vids that I would doubt the genuine article.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Remember Fox's alien autopsy anyone? Granted the effects are better in this one (no B movie entrails.) It is very cool and has the creepy "antique" feel that we see in movies and video games. Even if the whole video and EBE remains of some kind are released to be studied by experts with specialized credentials...well wait, I'll bet that never happens. We can cross that bridge when we get there.

Until then this is just a cool looking video...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Originally posted by subby

"follows CGI vectors" what? erm no, it doesnt look CGI at all to me it looks like a thunderbird puppet the way it moves.

Do you seriously think that the creators would choose to ignore the vast amount of easily available CGI software and instead opt for a marionette? And how do you explain it's facial movements? It's clearly not a puppet. But I suspect you are well aware of that and just flaming me. Why I don't know, but it's pretty pathetic.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well 12 pages and no-one has pointed out the actual obvious serious problem with the film, faked or otherwise. I'd say it's a fake and they have made a really dumb mistake that I can't believe hasn't been picked up on.

Question.... Why woulds a creature have hugely over developed eyes in comparison to the rest of its' body?

Answer, because it exists in a low light environment or is a nocturnal animal.

Question.... If that is so what effect do you think it would have on said creature if one was to stick it in front of camera with its'associated lighting?

Answer. it would at least create severe discomfort to the creature and i doubt very much it would be able to stand looking directly into said light.

Alternative hypothesis... Creature has some kind of adaptive lens technology over the eye's lens to filter bright light. Then why would it need to blink surely if they are advanced enough to create such a sophisticated lens then it would also be self lubricating?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Youtube has such lossy compression that nothing can be proven with any software from a Youtube compressed video download, and that should really end all conversations using a Youtube video for anything but the broadest of subjects like how low a 767 flew by at an air show or something and the climb angle afterwards. Something that doesn't require looking at the video data to see a claim.

The last place in the world a true alien or UFO will be discovered is on an internet feed of nearly any kind, the raw data is erased and replaced with their compression software. That fact should eliminate 60% of all video proof or evidence in this forum, sorry, thats the facts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't think grays blink, nevertheless let you record them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join