It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
CGI. CGI. CGI.

Why is there so many posts on this? Second time I watched it I knew it was fake and CGI. It doesn't really take an expert.

Being somewhat familiar with CG (I tend to use cinema4d, zbrush (for model organics), and have experimented a bit with some other products), I personally see this as some good work.

Since you clearly are an expert, perhaps you can point out to me, someone with moderate experience, what is the dead giveaway in CG so I can also see in a moment when something is CG or not...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This video would look absolutely real if it were released in 1950. But since it's not 1950, I am gonna say it's fake. The "old video" effects and the timecode are what screams "fake", not so much the alien.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by Just Chris
I mean, who actually has time to make these supposed "CGI videos", what would be the point?

And to any debunkers who wreckon they could do a better job, PROVE IT!

The same people who have all day to play world of warcraft, I imagine. The point is, and has always been, to get their 15 minutes of fame. Surely you understand that?

Um, CGI Students?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
These big head aliens are amazing, first of all how they get that micro turtle neck over that macro head. Look at the size of those hands for cripes sake, not the kind of fingers one would expect to have the dexterity to manage a small back zipper of that turtle neck jersey, because I don't see one in the front. I suppose they use mind over matter techniques to manage their wardrobe. At least this alien finally is wearing clothes, most of the time we see them naked, like that Russian one, naked in a snow drift in Siberia, what a stupid alien that one was, of course, he's dead now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
This video would look absolutely real if it were released in 1950. But since it's not 1950, I am gonna say it's fake. The "old video" effects and the timecode are what screams "fake", not so much the alien.

For me, the audio was the only thing that would have eventually lead me to think this is perhaps a fake...it makes little sense to have the ticker sound on footage...digital video doesn't require a projector and such film is scanned, not recorded while a projector is running. heh

But, ya, thats a "doh" moment...hollywood has me fooled. If anything, it would be totally silent.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
I mean, who actually has time to make these supposed "CGI videos", what would be the point?

And to any debunkers who wreckon they could do a better job, PROVE IT!

Film School project. Annual Sci Fi competitions. Look up "They're Made Out of Meat" on Youtube and see the various entries of that contest. There are lots of students of film and software these days, some come from wealthy families that afforded some kids with very hi tech toys to play with growing up, not out of the realm of a high school student's capabilities.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ive never seen this alien species before. On photograph, or video- and Ive seen nearly everyone that exists on the internet. I say fake. Alien grey's do not have noses- let alone wear clothes. It could be a species that no longer visits the planet. But its doubtful.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've seen through other sites that it may be a series of virals for an upcoming movie. Now whether thats true or not I don't know.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks CG to me, especially after I watched another of his videos. However it is very very well done. You can even see musculature activity on the brow when the eyes blink. The floaty hands could have been done better.. less is more in this case.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The motion of the eyelids gives me the distinct impression that it is CGI. It seems to be a cool Blair Witch Project-like piece someone did. I love it but I don't think it is real in any sense of the word. I don't understand what we are looking at in the "how to drive" section at the end.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think grey's have eyelids. I think they are more reptilian. They probably have some kind of thin protective transparent lense covering their eyes. It just always looks odd to me when I see grey's blinking. It looks forced.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Looks pretty cool, but it also looks like CGI/computer animation to me... Albeit really good CGI...

I am no expert or even an amateur when it comes to CGI though, so I could be wrong... That is just what it looks like to me though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Ive never seen this alien species before. On photograph, or video- and Ive seen nearly everyone that exists on the internet. I say fake. Alien grey's do not have noses- let alone wear clothes. It could be a species that no longer visits the planet. But its doubtful.

The early reports were that they were wearing little black jumpsuits..especially the Raelians (little green men..literally).

As far as the legendary greys are concerned, well, there are a few different types of greys according to todays erm...what do you want to call it...mythos?
Anyhow, some have no real nose to speak of, some have bumps, some are halfbreed humans, etc...so, depends on which flavor your talking about.

Ultimately, there is no set mold on what an alien should look like or dress up in as its all just secondhand reports and speculation driving the image (and a big dose of sci-fi hollywood).

I would think all space travelling species that step on other worlds would have to have some sort of biocontainment suit at least, if not a full blown space suit (however, I think our astronaut suits are exceptionally primative, so wouldn't expect to see even a species 40 years more advanced than us to be wearing big bulky uniforms)

I love the alien mythos...I wonder how much, if any, is fact though

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I must admit I've been searching through new releases or upcoming PC/console games relating to UFO's or aliens and the usual Roswell connection etc to see if its part of a game intro. You never know

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It looks CG to me because its a video of an alien thats unsourced

therefore, since CG can totally destroy the reality V fantasy line...then it is probably CG just based on that

I don't claim to know what an -alien- species looks like, how their muscles or tendons move as they are alien. I can however take what I do know...that being source matters, and conclude that until evidence comes up to confirm this, then it is simply a really cool video amounting to nothing.

skepticism 101

(when I say unsourced, I don't mean we don't know who made it...we know who made it, its a CG guy...but I mean, its not a CNN footage exclusive, or from the CIA you can pull off their website, or chinese intelligence, etc....meaning, source not credible)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I must admit I've been searching through new releases or upcoming PC/console games relating to UFO's or aliens and the usual Roswell connection etc to see if its part of a game intro. You never know

I am tired of fight the alien games

I think a game involving some sort of first contact (not involving rayguns and nukes) would be brilliant...perhaps some sort of simulation / roleplay / fantasy hybrid to capture the imagination and hopes

Actually, if they made a simulation based on Steven Spielburg's Taken, where you play the government trying to both supress the truth while finding out what is going on and the many dramatic twists would be quite a good concept. (or play the aliens trying to accomplish the hybrid program, or maybe even one of the main familys (unlocked after you play the main game)...
alas, I think creative game design is starting to falter.

However, I will be getting Duke Nukem Forever

(so long alien pigs...daddys home)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Carol rosin quoted Werner Von Braun, First came weapons in space then terrorism ( well Osama died ) So now we gonna face Asteroids ( Comet Elinin) and (FBI /NSA Disclosure?)Alien threats. And what would be the right time to put the real video on you tube to start the next chapter ?????

Are we still in the Game?

The footage looks awesome. And very authentic. But todays CGI Its Hard to distinguish all that sh.t anymore!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Whether real or fake, its very impressive.

But I'm calling fake only because it's posted on youtube.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

For me, the audio was the only thing that would have eventually lead me to think this is perhaps a fake...it makes little sense to have the ticker sound on footage...digital video doesn't require a projector and such film is scanned, not recorded while a projector is running. heh

That in of itself isn't damning. The hoaxer meant to make the video look like it was just a camera shooting the original film off a screen or wall. This is even clearer in his first video in which he even made the edges of the frame blurry then pull into focus. I guess what were supposed to think is this is the only way the "leaker" could get a record of this film.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thats a good point about the macro head. I would think the bigger the head the smaller the extremities. I can't even see how they could operate complex machinery with hands that big. And if they controlled everything with their minds then how the heck did they get captured by the likes of us?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join