It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Apologies but to add to my previous post.

If this video was smuggled out from a military base, then why wait until now to show its existence? And through youtube? And of course, there would be the small matter of theft of US Government property!

Either the youtube poster has not thought this through or he/she is not bothered because the video is fake.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Its a CG, very nice though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ok here is my fav point. Find the cgi doll?????????? or its manufacture UM JUST SAYEN- I am sure its somewhere stashed right. There is the proof, unless noone can produce the doll w/ animated features otherwise its real. I know call me crazy or insane but just produce a doll pic atleast and that should solve it..
edit on 5/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostRadioNews

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
This video would look absolutely real if it were released in 1950. But since it's not 1950, I am gonna say it's fake. The "old video" effects and the timecode are what screams "fake", not so much the alien.

For me, the audio was the only thing that would have eventually lead me to think this is perhaps a fake...it makes little sense to have the ticker sound on footage...digital video doesn't require a projector and such film is scanned, not recorded while a projector is running. heh

That in of itself isn't damning. The hoaxer meant to make the video look like it was just a camera shooting the original film off a screen or wall. This is even clearer in his first video in which he even made the edges of the frame blurry then pull into focus. I guess what were supposed to think is this is the only way the "leaker" could get a record of this film.

Thats just it though
such footage would have already been rolled from tape to digital direct...there is no need to save audio information on a silent film

In trying too hard to make it look authentic, it makes it less authentic. they don't "roll film" anymore, its all scanned in. in order to "sneak a camera" in, they still would have no sound due to it being played on a monitor.

It just makes no sense beyond a hollywood meme. the leaker would have a much harder time trying to find the old reels, set up the ancient projector, roll film, hold a secondary camera right next to it for maximum old school projector sound effect, etc...than to simply go and download the quick clip and run out.

naa, I state that the audio is the only real giveaway (beyond it being without source)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It doesn't looks natural to me, I think it's CG. The movements are really soft and you can clearly see it's animation. It sorta has a different feel when the 'thing' is alive.
My opinion.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Real or Fake?

It's Youtube. It HAS to be real. /sarcasm

Discrediting videos and pictures is no longer the governments concern. Youtube can do that all by itself.

Looks fake to me. Someone testing some new software. It's too smooth to be as old as it is supposed to be. The shutter speed back then wouldn't capture the smoothness like that. I notice when the "alien" is blinking, there is a tad of "extra" detail around the eyelids, as if it was important for the individual to accentuate the blinking. To make it look more realistic.

Good catch. I noted the exact same thing regarding the blinking. It was difficult to see, but it did not appear that the lids were closing completely.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's the links to both Zeta Reticuli vidz, in high rez :

depositfiles.com...
depositfiles.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hey Gazrok, unscramble the name IVANO 135 and you get 351NOVA. Google MR351NOVA and you will find the main body of his work and get an idea of his skill level.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
On first view this vid made my heart skip a beat have to say! But on further views I have to agree with the vast majority of the thread and lean towards a hoax. Its just the movements remind me of what you see in animation. Whoever made this tho is very clever indeed, as a 'personality' seems to come across from the creature.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
These big head aliens are amazing, first of all how they get that micro turtle neck over that macro head. Look at the size of those hands for cripes sake, not the kind of fingers one would expect to have the dexterity to manage a small back zipper of that turtle neck jersey, because I don't see one in the front.

I just assumed it was a sweater that was given to Skinny Bob so that he wouldn't have to run around naked and be so cold in the underground facility. The contrast is so high, it's hard to make out any details about a zipper, but if somebody loaned him the sweater, maybe they helped him zip it up, too. Hopefully, by now they've gotten him some sportier clothes. Maybe some workout gear.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That looks like some cheesy adobe premiere effects over some bad CGI animation tbh. Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mallik
That looks like some cheesy adobe premiere effects over some bad CGI animation tbh. Sorry to burst your bubble.

It would be neat if somebody actually took the time to do some decent puppet work, film it with a 16mm camera, then transfer it to video by taping it projected on a nice silver screen. You just can't beat old school sometimes.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know many have pointed out movement, eyes blinking, etc. as not looking "right"...

Just what is our benchmark for alien movement/responses?

Personally, I'm really leaning towards this being a viral marketing CGI tool for something (maybe the Super 8 movie or an upcoming game, etc.), but to try and discredit it based on human movement seems a bit naive to me.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here's the irony: Even if this video is completely legitimate, hardly anyone would believe it. We've become so suspicious, that we'd probably skin the entire first contact team to try to find the midgets inside the suits.

Let's be honest, who on here could say it's fake, or true, with certainty? No one. We believe what we believe because of our own environment and values. This, nor any, video is going to convince the skeptics. Nor will any amount of proof of hoaxers convince the believers among us.

It's a damn good fake, if that's what it is. I for one, think it's real.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
the video looks legit, it could always be a fake (with enough technical know how you can make a video depicting just about anything look real, see major movies) but the movement and overall videography look good enough to prevent me from thinking it is a simple amateur fake

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The mouth. The movements. I'm not comparing it to an actual alien since I've never seen one. I'm comparing it to modern physics. The physics are off a bit and if you look at the mouth and neck region it looks fake..as in computer generated.

look at the 0:27-0:30 times. when his head raises up. does not look real and is a dead giveaway. i'm not sure on the technical terms, but see for yourself.
edit on 3-5-2011 by PaR3v because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
The mouth. The movements. I'm not comparing it to an actual alien since I've never seen one. I'm comparing it to modern physics. The physics are off a bit and if you look at the mouth and neck region it looks fake..as in computer generated.

CGI movement along vector paths always seems just a touch too smooth and "bouncy." Even the computer generated apes for the upcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie are good, but they still move through space in lines that are not "bumpy" enough.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm a big believer but looking at the footage from the OP's video I'd go for puppet .....Check out the sholder, more specifically the Clavical movement when Bob reaches out at something...now do the same movement yourself? Thats correct the sholder remains stationary as opposed to the clip...It follows the whole movement of the arm (classic thunderbird sholder)
Also in the second video it totally screams Gerry Anderson. Fake...
Although I'm impressed the emotion of the figure in the video is excellent, it almost makes me think twice about my judgement, despair no way out........
...slow it down you'll see what I mean.

edit on 3-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Very interesting video. I think it may be fake and it was made to look authentic but I wasn't there so I can't really draw clear conclusions. If it is fake the animation is extremely good.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Looks real to me

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join