It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide By Cop Leads Soldier On Chase Of His Life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by The Sword

Also this war has been going on almost a decade. When you compare the civilian deaths to deaths in other wars shorter than this one, 109,000 civilians killed by every coalition force is hardly anything. Estimates go up to 3.8 million for civilians in Vietnam alone.

And this makes it right??? At least before we invaded gas was cheaper (due to saddam making to much oil). Glad you feel justified in doing your part for the mass genocide going on over there.

Also you said you were there to clear a tyrant.... so waht has changed since you have been there? People are still opposing their invaders (would you not do the same in your own country?), People are poorer than before we invaded, more of our soldiers are having health problems and are not being taken care of. You can justify it all you want... all I ask is that you look at the WHOLE picture.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobdude

I came home 10 months ago. You are worried about gas prices? That's your excuse for being oppressed? I don't have to walk outside now and worry about the kids next door playing basketball, how they might blow me and my fiance up. I don't have to worry about getting shot while standing up to urinate. My fiance doesn't have to wear a burka for fear of being targeted and raped. Ill take the high gas prices anyday. At least I wont have to worry about a rocket coming through my windshield.

And just for some extra info, I don't think we should be over there anymore either. Try fighting with no resources or support. Its a political war that we will never win because the higher ups refuse to give us the man power and equipment to do it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Civilians are going to die in war. To think otherwise is naive. Ya we come back with health problems. I tried killing myself in January. I have PTSD. It was MY CHOICE to go over. Killing armed personnel is not genocide, genocide would be Saddam killing his own people for what they believed.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I came home 10 months ago. You are worried about gas prices? That's your excuse for being oppressed? I don't have to walk outside now and worry about the kids next door playing basketball, how they might blow me and my fiance up. I don't have to worry about getting shot while standing up to urinate. My fiance doesn't have to wear a burka for fear of being targeted and raped. Ill take the high gas prices anyday. At least I wont have to worry about a rocket coming through my windshield.

And just for some extra info, I don't think we should be over there anymore either. Try fighting with no resources or support. Its a political war that we will never win because the higher ups refuse to give us the man power and equipment to do it.

In all fairness these are things that have not changed at home since before you left. However here you have to worry about basketball if you live in certain ghettos, drive by's if you make the wrong poeple mad in same said ghettos, and well urinating outside is just not good for the kidos in this country. about the rape part, if she carried(open or concealed) or took self defense it would be less likely to happen. But as a country we are a bunch of victims that want to police the world from our armchairs. We want to fix everyone else's problems and send our money else where instead of keeping it home (and yes oppression includes more than gas prices such as jobs being shipped over seas, less education, higher and more taxes, banks being bailed out yet everyone else losing their house etc) so we can feel go about ourselves.

Please understand I support out military, i just don't support killing, genocide, policing the world or ignorance in doing so

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? No my fiance doesn't have to worry about rape everywhere she goes like women in Iraq do. No I don't have to worry about getting blown up while driving down the street like I do in Iraq. My children can get care from hospitals and education like many can't in Iraq until we provided security for them. I can eat whatever I want without starving. I can protest my govt and vote for who I want without being beheaded and having my family tortured.

It doesn't even compare. You may feel oppressed because you haven't really experienced a culture in oppression. We have MANY freedoms most don't have.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I don't support Genocide either, Saddam did. I don't support policing the world, I agree we have too many issues here to worry about. Just understand neither has a happy ending. If we don't deploy in certain countries, the govts and leaders will kill the people like they have been doing. Personally I am fine with it now. I don't like ignorance either but everyone has some form of the trait. You still can't call someone ignorant when you have no clue what they have done or why they did it. Killing, I don't like it, most don't. However their is a time when you either kill or be killed. Not for all but for many soldiers.

Now im going to sleep in my nice warm bed without any bugs. Also I have air conditioning and a nice TV that I can watch whatever I want on while in my bed. These are things I couldn't enjoy in Iraq.
edit on 30-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Pretty damn rare to see something like this these days. They could have easily shot him. They went ape-chit at the end though, so you can see they were holding a lot of aggression back.

Is there no protocol to use a taser when the suspect is still armed? What's the deal here, they let him walk right up to the cruiser gun in hand, and never used a taser. They only used it when he gave up, and the stunned him and dog-piled him.

I don't think I've ever seen a taser video where it was necessary or appropriate to deflating a situation.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This was a touching story. Thank you for sharing! Having an Uncle in the VA since Vietnam, has given me a rough understanding of the emotional effect war has had on our heroes.
I was kept from joining the Marine Core at 18 after having 4 grand mal seizures. I still have a very strong calling to serve our country, but know that this calling can be utilized in other more productive areas. My heart goes out to our service men and women who understand they are fighting a senseless war and still wake up everyday and fight so we can maintain the lifestyle we are accustomed too.....Sad but true

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

then i take it you'll be taking a shot at the emperor then?

he did declare himself as having the power to have anyone killed without any accountability, basically declaring himself a god?

by the way your declaration may have put you on a list
so perhaps when the stormtroopers come for you you'll show us all how it's done.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

that is because
a half million children starved to death [albright says tough noogies]
and all the deaths because of DU dumping are not being counted.

lets not forget that Saddam had his soldiers take babies out of incubators and ate them.
Nurse_Nayirah

you sound defensive IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Their way of life is much better than when Saddam was in power. More schools more hospitals etc.

What list would I be on since you seem to know something I don't?

When storm troopers come for us?
and who would that be?
Show you how its done? I wouldn't do anything for you or anyone else for that matter. I learned from my experience, if you want something done you can go do it yourself.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

A testimony from wikipedia? Is that supposed to be some kind of source?

You sound desperate if your pulling sources from wikipedia, IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This is true and should be taken into account when discussing the happenings in the area. A good friend of mine's mother is now a retired Lt. Col. in the United States Army, and was sent on 3 tours of duty in Iraq. Her primary focus was to rebuild and help implement new security/police forces in Iraq. All to bring a sense of stability to the Iraqi people.
With that said, we are using our resources, our tax payer money, and our soldiers in a nation that is rebellious to our cause. This isn't new news.... The propaganda machine would love for us to think that we are making a change for the better, but at what expense does it no longer make logical sense? Now. Yesterday. $hit we are talking years ago....
I'll admit, I took the bate for a period of time, but now we are just beating a dead bush.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Do you really think the 12yr old boy would have blown himself, two women and a teenage girl up had we not gone into lraq?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

I completely agree with every single thing you just stated. We did provide them with many many different resources. At the same time we weren't getting any ourselves. You can't win a war that your leaders wont allow you to. My wake up call was when I got briefed with others to go into Iran. This happened twice and both times it was recalled. I agree with you we don't need to be there anymore whatsoever. If they want to kill their people and their people are too ignorant to seek refuge, let it be.

However, I will be there for each man and woman who comes back from their duty. You don't understand what it is like to comeback. It is extremely hard to adjust to everyday life. People on here run their mouths calling us monsters, baby killers, etc. Things nobody has said in person and wouldn't say in person.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

Why not? It was happening much before we even went over. You try watching it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

oh my bad!

i forgot that the emperor [the tyrant i was referring to] is your master [CIC]

PS Iraq used to be a highly technically advanced country, to the point that they had a space program, but of course the need to justify yourself has you spouting BS about their being unwashed savages.

"Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you..."

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Have you been to Iraq? I got to watch a 12 year old boy blow himself up along with 2 women and and a teenage girl. You may see innocence thousands of miles away but that place is far from it.

A 12 year old boy, 2 women and a teenage girl?

WOW, that little group of people couldn't have been any more perfect. Who are you trying to kid?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Master? Chains? Last I checked it was a voluntary service. I gave examples of Iraq and America a few replies above. I think our "tyrant" looks like jesus compared to that hellhole. Which in fact, was a hellhole before we came in.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Maybe you should wake up. Have you never been to a third world middle eastern country? Unfortunately it happens everyday over there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join