It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A response to the claims that the Tea Party is racist.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Every person in the Republican Party even the sub-grouping denoted as the tea party has racist views.

Why?

Because -every- person in the world has racist views. Some of us have accepted our racism and are trying to move beyond it, others wallow in it and wear it like an armor. Many of us that do not believe we are racist are living with unexamined racism and will never move past it because we havent accepted it as a part of the animal which is human.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

most inteligent statment i have seen on any forum in a while.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is exactly what the Ruling Class want.

Seven pages of dribble arguing about racism and keeping us ALL further divided and distracted from the issues that face us all.

Wake Up People !

Over and Out.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by neo96
some who makes racist comments is a racist!!!

crooksandliars.com...
edit on 24-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

samir is what's known as a racist.
And annoying.
samir needs a hobby that doesn't involve racist comments or a microphone.

wow, that's your act of discernment? That's how you address trully racist people and actions?
And yes, Rush talks of race and jokes about it. You seem to be attacking Rush for racial statements and jokes, not racist statements and jokes.
The black panthers don't hide their racism, and you apologize for them?
I think you are too biased to understand this topic.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Both sides are racist, so vote Republican? Is this the message I'm supposed to be taking from this?

Your stated argument was that the Tea Party was not racist, but your evidence was to show that other groups are racist. It's a tu quoque arguement and fails logically.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The KKK was started by democrats.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Let's just get in a big fight and get it over with. Race is only an issue, because our country makes it an issue. You want to start solving the problem? Take race out of the equation. Ie. Off applications, birth certificates, an legal form should not have race listed. It may hurt you if you are trying get affirmative action, but it's a start.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Now I don't know if the "Tea Party" is racist, but it certainly seems like they lack the capacity to grasp the fundamental issues confronting this country. Some of these responses (admittedly I only read the first two pages) are just sickening. Congradulations guys you can villify the left and progressives in general. Why don't we compromise? Why don't we just work together? Oh right, because you guys don't really want to achieve anything. You just want to be pissed off at "those guys" for opposing what "you" "stand for". (I've made the assumption, based on their responses, that the majority of the people who responded in the first two pages are adherents to Tea Party idealogies. If this is incorrect I apologize)
edit on 25-4-2011 by Drakmarine because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Historically, when someone says 'I'm not not a racist' and then proceeds to say how many people of color are on their friend list, or how many people of color have been to their house, it's a pretty obvious indication of their true feelings on the subject. Most of the posts on this thread work to the same end.

And for those of you who are students of history, you know that the Nazi party came from the extreme RIGHT of European Politics, the same neighborhood as your beloved Tea Party.

Having been to several of these farces, known as Tea Party Rallies, I can say honestly that the fear of a non-white president is palpable. Whatever you call it, the fear of 'the other' is very much present at these nut fests. It helps the Tea Parties image as racists very little when you consider the incredible amount of spending that went on during the Bush Admin, without so much as whisper from this 'angry' bunch of 'true americans.' So concerned about spending, yet not at all intelligent enough to understand that governments sometimes HAVE to run deficits, in order to get out from under what was INHERITED from previous administrations.

Good luck with your corporate sponsored 'revolution.' Shills.

That just goes to show how some people can be there in person and still not understand all the references to the Constitution and telling Congress to stop spending.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The race card is all the messiah worshippers got left.

Their alter is filled with guantanimo detainees, old ongoing Middle East wars, and no end to the warmongering that Obama is freshly jumping into. Throw in some drone plane death squads, zero border control and non leadership in the budget and the angry left don't have any tongue left to bite on.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
reply to post by Furbs

Let's just get in a big fight and get it over with. Race is only an issue, because our country makes it an issue. You want to start solving the problem? Take race out of the equation. Ie. Off applications, birth certificates, an legal form should not have race listed. It may hurt you if you are trying get affirmative action, but it's a start.

This is a failed premise for two reasons.

1. Race is an issue in every area with more than one race whether that area be a baseball team or an entire country.

2. You cannot remove a person's race. Even if an application doesn't ask your race, certainly your interviewer would know. If you remove the legal definitions of race, then you remove the protection of things like the hate crimes statutes, because race is no longer legally recognized as a divisive characteristic in humans. You could be fired from your job for no reason because you were an arab or black or white.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The one video i loved most was the reporter speaking with a group of African-American pro Obama supporters in 2008. I have been unable to find the video again but I will keep searching. They were standing on cars with homemade signs chanting "Obama" and when the reporter asked them why they were supporting him one woman looked down and pointed to the skin on her forearm. With that the reporter asked "so are you voting for him because he is black?" to which the SAME woman said "No" and shook her head. Lets get realistic here people, racism is a cowards weapon for the ignorant and intolerant. It is the year 2011, if you are STILL racist for WHATEVER reason then you are out of touch. Are statistics for crimes, purchases, and social issues different between races? Sure! But is this any different than statistics between men and woman, adults and children, cats and dogs? No! To take stereotypes as being literal and brushing all members of that race with it is beyond stupifying.

Just curious how would you classify the woman I mentioned above? Is she racist? Remember she said nothing racist at all about any other race.

IMO she is ignorant, not racist, but thats just me...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Actually Rush didn't coin the phrase "Barack the Magic Negro". David Ehrenstein of the LA Times said it in an op ed piece back in 2007 that he wrote. Rush was only bringing it up to point out the double standard that applies to liberals. If a liberal says something racist then it is never reported, but if a conservative says it then it almost starts a civil war. Rush was only pointing out this double standard and the hypocrisy.

You say that there are many, many more examples... so please, by all means share them with me.

I never said that rush coined the phrase nor did I imply he wrote, directed or sang the song.
He did however play the hell out of it while making commentary that was racist.

I did post other evidence. Just go back and watch the videos and audio I posted.

Yes he did say it a lot and he played the song a lot, but the reason he did was to point out the absurdity of this particular liberal columnist and the fact that the liberal media is biased. You miss the point of why he said it and played the song.

No, you my friend missed rush acting racist and having fun with a racist song.
Did you miss the videos I posted too?
Rush making fun of how chinese people talk...
and black people
and a parkinsons patient.
Rush is nothing more than a drug addicted, childish, racist.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

Originally posted by neo96
some who makes racist comments is a racist!!!

crooksandliars.com...
edit on 24-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

samir is what's known as a racist.
And annoying.
samir needs a hobby that doesn't involve racist comments or a microphone.

wow, that's your act of discernment? That's how you address trully racist people and actions?
And yes, Rush talks of race and jokes about it. You seem to be attacking Rush for racial statements and jokes, not racist statements and jokes.
The black panthers don't hide their racism, and you apologize for them?
I think you are too biased to understand this topic.

What are you blathering about????
Apologize for them? Are you smoking crack ????
You haven't read any of my posts INCLUDING the one you responded to !
I said, "samir is what's known as a racist.
And annoying."

Now since that isn't clear enough for you, let me clarify.
ANYONE, whether it be rush or samir, who acts the way they do, are racists. They are GIANT SUCKHOLES !!!
I DON"T SUPPORT EITHER OF THE FLAMING NUTBAGS !!!!

DO
YOU
UNDERSTAND
THE
WORDS
THAT
ARE
COMING
OUT
OF
MY
MOUTH????

Let me know if YOU need a flowchart or pictures to help you understand what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

why do you not hear of racial issues in the UK?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Bravo good sir, BRAVO.

Not many like to see that ugly little flaw we all have - but it is there. Just have to try and deal with it as best as you can, some days it will get the better of you. Just try to move forward.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
reply to post by Furbs

why do you not hear of racial issues in the UK?

I cannot speak as to why you do not hear of racial issues in the UK.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is something to get you started.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

i fail to see anything nor heard anything from YOUR sources that would suggest Limbaugh a racist. But what I did hear, is that he identified within his comments about the Unconstitutional social welfare programs that are in FACT a burden on the tax payer. I heard that. But apparently you chose to mis that huh? Didn't fit your argument did it?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Let me clear this up. I am black, and yes, I do call black Conservatives names. It is like stabbing yourself in the foot repeatedly. Its the same with gay conservatives. Who are they kidding?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
Let me clear this up. I am black, and yes, I do call black Conservatives names. It is like stabbing yourself in the foot repeatedly. Its the same with gay conservatives. Who are they kidding?

Racism isn't as important as Classism is in our current place in the history of our people.

You will find that a white man, a gay man or a black man that wants to keep his money away from taxes is going to vote with those of like mind that want to keep their money away from taxes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join