It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A response to the claims that the Tea Party is racist.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The assumption that the tea party as a whole is racist is just silly.
The reality is that some of the leader are (ie rush limbeaugh).

Most of the citizens who support the tea party aren't racist but dupes. They fell for the smoke and mirrors.

Rush Limbeaugh? Who's that? Oh, you must be talking about Rush LIMBAUGH. At least spell his name right if you are going to ignorantly accuse him of being a racist. If you believe that then you clearly have never listened to him for more than 10 seconds, and yet you have an opinion about him. Typical. Anyways, I would like to help cure you of your ignorance. Below is the link to Rush's photo album on his official Facebook page. The pictures that I find particularly interesting are the ones that show Rush and his wife at the alter. Look closely.... is that a BLACK MAN that is officiating over the ceremony?! Oh my God. I guess he hasn't heard the news that Rush is a racist. I also like the picture of Rush and his show producer Snirdley... WHAT, he's black too?! OK, and now the shocker of them all.... keep scrolling through and you'll see that Elton John played at Rush's wedding. NO WAY... I guess that clears up the homophobe accusations as well. My guess is that despite all of this clear and obvious evidence you will still continue to spew you ignorance, and regurgitate the lies that you hear on liberal media outlets. It looks like you are the one who has been duped.

Rush Limbaugh Wedding Pictures

edit on 24-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
While I applaud the thread (S+F) I find that it wouldn't have ever been necessary if the opponents ever wanted to debate the issues. Yet they realize that their issues are so void of common sense or merit, this is the only attack they could mount.

I agree, but there are a lot of people out there that are uninformed and believe everything they hear without ever researching it for themselves. I have taken the liberty of hopefully peaking their interest in uncovering facts and truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

The assumption that the tea party as a whole is racist is just silly.
The reality is that some of the leader are (ie rush limbeaugh).

Most of the citizens who support the tea party aren't racist but dupes. They fell for the smoke and mirrors.

And the proof that Rush is a racist is where................

Are you kidding me ?????
If you listen to him on even a semi-regular basis, you'll hear him make racist comments.
You don't make racist comments unless you're a racist.
remember puff the magic negro?
There are many, many more examples.

Actually Rush didn't coin the phrase "Barack the Magic Negro". David Ehrenstein of the LA Times said it in an op ed piece back in 2007 that he wrote. Rush was only bringing it up to point out the double standard that applies to liberals. If a liberal says something racist then it is never reported, but if a conservative says it then it almost starts a civil war. Rush was only pointing out this double standard and the hypocrisy.

You say that there are many, many more examples... so please, by all means share them with me.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Rush Limbeaugh? Who's that? Oh, you must be talking about Rush LIMBAUGH. At least spell his name right if you are going to ignorantly accuse him of being a racist.

Really..a typo...that's your beginning..

Well then if were gonna play like school kids in a sandbox...

Why don't you just marry him then...nanana..or how ever that goes....lol

Deal with it...Rush is a complete idiot...who's real life must be utter crap, if he has to resort to drug taking to deal with it. IF this is your spokesperson, then...
at you. As long as there are sheep out there for him to lead...he continue to be your Shepard.
edit on 24-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: theres a typo..but i'll let it stand..Since I was accused of being a spelling nazi..lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by jfj123

Ah, you mean the parody made about the article written be David Ehrenstein for the LA Times?
Here is the link.
www.latimes.com...

So if that is your base, I guess that any parody made about racial topics, is racist as well?
I guess that SNL is guilty also.

You got anything of true value or evidence?

I think is is safe to say that you are basing it off your feelings that Rush is a racist as I have never heard him utter anything remotely close to being racist.

edit on 24-4-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

It's all over the internet, in his own words.
Type rush limbaugh racist comments on youtube and you get some.
It's everywhere !

You can type in "Proof of Reptilian takeover of the Earth" and you'll get all kinds of "proof". Those videos are everywhere too. Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
So the Tea Party found 1 out of the 10 folks of color whom believe the GOP dribble and you guys point that as "we arent racist".
Thats rich. Literally.
Its funny but if you youtube many,many of the previous Tea Party Rallies you can see with your own eyes very little if any people of ethnicity in attendance.
Sorry but a Party that takes aim Only at the middle class and poor and their fed support programs in favor of substantial cut for the wealthy isnt anything But Racist.
But wait we arent racist says the Tea Partiers we believe all minorities should work for us and many of us hire minorities.
What they leave out is the how they exploit these low income earners.
Sorry but the Tea Party is Nothing more than an upper class and racist representing party that wants Nothing too do with equality and freedom for all.
Lolz But racists and wealthy elitists always think they are fair even when taking billions in corporate aid ala "rich folks only" geared legislature.
And honestly most of those folks at these rallies are just duped clergy,old folks homes residents,etc convinced by the TP that the evil "dark skinned obama" is taking their rights when in fact its the the Tea Party heads themselves.
Believe youre own lies and history rewrites Tea folks but you arent fooling the masses only your loyal and blind followers.

edit on 24-4-2011 by VType because: (no reason given)

Actually there were plenty of Blacks and Hispanics. I have been to several Tea Party events, as well as Glenn Beck's 8/28 event. There were a lot of minorities there. Were there more whites? You bet there were, because there are more white people for one, and there are a lot of blacks and Hispanics that believe the progressive lie that has been told for the last 100 years. The bought and paid for media doesn't cover the minorities in attendance because it would hurt their agenda, and their progressive master's agenda.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Rush Limbeaugh? Who's that? Oh, you must be talking about Rush LIMBAUGH. At least spell his name right if you are going to ignorantly accuse him of being a racist.

Really..a typo...that's your beginning..

Well then if were gonna play like school kids in a sandbox...

Why don't you just marry him then...nanana..or how ever that goes....lol

Deal with it...Rush is a complete idiot...who's real life must be utter crap, if he has to resort to drug taking to deal with it. IF this is your spokesperson, then...
at you. As long as there are sheep out there for him to lead...he continue to be your Shepard.

edit on 24-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: theres a typo..but i'll let it stand..Since I was accused of being a spelling nazi..lol

He's not my spokesperson, I just enjoy his show. I am my own spokesperson. I wouldn't call that a typo, it was an ignorant mis-spelling of his name. Is this all you have to come back at me with?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This thread was largely ignored because it isn't right or left wing propaganda:

The Black Zone: How the Progressive Movement Created the Modern Ghetto

It is the history of how the progressive movement created and maintained the ghetto for their own purposes. I am well aware that the superiority complex of the progressives has gone from race to pseudo-intellectual superiority. They think they're smarter than you and think they have the right to tell everyone else how to live, what to eat, what to buy, how they'll defend themselves, and at what level they have "made too much".

Progressivism is a poison that should be eradicated. They are the ones who pioneered eugenics and the concept of the master race. They are the ones who's propaganda models inspired the likes of Goebbels. They are the enemy.
edit on 24-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It is ...it really is..

Now if you'll excuse me...I do not want to be known as someone who converses with a Rush fan...quite embarrassing to tell you the truth. SO be on your way and I shall be on mine...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Everyone is a racist......

It just depends to what extent.

Even my mom seems a bit racist at times, but I honestly don't think she is.

We're ALL racist, or at least bigoted.

What annoys me are those who deny it. And there are plenty on either side of the political spectrum.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

That's cute, but no.

I'm am not a racist. I take people at the individual level.

If you're a POS it matters little to me what color your skin is.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Anyone else in favor of closing any thread that uses the words "The Left" or "The Right" to generalize millions of people who are not actually associated with one another?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Everyone is a racist......

It just depends to what extent.

Even my mom seems a bit racist at times, but I honestly don't think she is.

We're ALL racist, or at least bigoted.

What annoys me are those who deny it. And there are plenty on either side of the political spectrum.

Yeah, my mom has made a few racist statements about whites and Mexicans, but she only dates white men, because she hates her father, but she claims she's not a racist because she dates whites only IMO that's racist towards blacks, but since she's black I guess she's can't racist towards blacks. Idk.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I'm incredulous, to say the least.

Bigotry is basically hardwired in our DNA. We are wired to see the 'other', as a way to define ourselves.

I'm not going to say you are a racist. I don't now you. But I DO know that very, very few people have met in my life arent racists. Sure, they don't necessarily burn crosses, or use racially offensive language in mixed company, but they still have their own prejudices, based on life experiences, learned behavior, etc.

Racism isn't just the KKK and whatnot. It's subtle, individual, and systemic.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

That's cute, but no.

I'm am not a racist. I take people at the individual level.

If you're a POS it matters little to me what color your skin is.

So it still matters, but just a little, lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Well, that gets into the semantics around what constitutes 'racism' vs 'bigotry'. Blacks can be bigoted towards other blacks, whites against whites, etc. And many people use the commonly held understanding of 'racism' to mean 'bigotry'.

The definition of racism that I've always understood (as opposed to plain ol bigotry) is the systemic application of bigotry by the dominate race ('class') to enforce the existing system of inequality. That is, a white guys bigotry is racism if he can use it to influence power (ie a white cop harassing a mexican, or a white guy not hiring a qualified black guy because of his race).

Popularly, though, 'bigotry' and 'racism' have become conflated to men the same thing. Which is unfortunate, because they don't, actually.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Every party is rooted in deep predjudice, and guess what? If you aren't one of the elite pulling the strings behind the curtain, you're one of the people they hate. At the end of the day the ideals and theology of these parties doesn't matter. The reason? Because voting is a lie. No vote you have ever cast, has ever been counted. The winners are chosen long before the public ever knows they're "running for office". The creed isn't even greed anymore. All they care about is power. The whole Party system is a farce.
So in short; it doesn't matter if you're black, white, asian, indiana, or anything in between, if you aren't a member of this 0.0001% self-proclaimed "elite" few, you don't even factor into their agenda as anything but a pawn.

Its not about racism, its about classism.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
S&F, good topic.

Unbelievable that the government feels they can take whatever percent of my paycheck they feel like.

The only reason politicians feel they can decide how much to take of my pay from my family, is because they fell they own my paycheck.

!@#$ bastard politicians. Can't manage a budget, so they take more out of my pay and out of the mouth of my family to make up for their !@#$ ups.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Im neither left or right but, from what I have seen, the Tea party is anything but racist... I wish I had a universal race card I could whip out whenever the time was right..

Deebo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join