It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I could go through the following maths in formulas but anyone that what wants to find the science, its on the net
The likelihood of life being created on a earth like planet is unlikely but considering the size of the universe and the near infinite number of planets; science predicts there are somewhere in the number of 100's of thousands of planets that have had life created on them. Considering our planet has only had life on it in the blink of an eye compared with the length of time the universe has been around (since big bang) it is likely that thousands of planets have life that survived to be more evolved than us. Now consider the bulk of our scientific development occurred in last 100 years and is exponentially increasing just imagine a race that is 100 000 years further advanced than us. They wouldn't need SETI to know we are here and the monkey brained thought that nothing travels faster than light already proven not true in quantum physics. So just by science it is statistically likely that if we haven't already been visited by an alien race they at least surely know we are here.
They may not care about us but that's not a scientific discussion.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
reply to post by andre18

So does that not make you think what other life could possibly be out there?. You said it you're self there is life. But why not intelligent.

edit on 16/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

Because then he would have to change his name to the smartest man in the universe and well that just sounds concieted.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
If we had the ability to ACTUALLY GO to that planet and study it don't you think we would?

Sure, but aliens wouldn't come here unless they had some reason to think we were here and as i keep trying to point out, until we had built antennas broadcasting out to into space there's no real reason aliens would wan't to come here. Now that we have been broadcasting that we exist, that broadcast has only gone 60-70 light years into space reaching only 2000 stars.....and yeah i've already explained this...you get my point.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BungleX

I agree with your statement, some places may even be BILLIONS of years ahead of ours.

Our planet is still so young, we could be considered primitive still to these advanced life forms, that may be why they hold no interest in us.

They probably see us as violent monkeys who will eventually destroy eachother.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Uhhh... truth of the matter is... this planet has been under the influence of a highly advanced, massive, ET empire for the past 2,000 years... if not longer.

That's the reality. The governments are in bed with them. Historic evidence abounds.

Even scarier things happen underground.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by andre18

Well ... well ... well ... andre18 (what a blast from the past) ... the only ATS member I ever added to my 'foe' list ... oops sorry, since the makeover you're now my 'rival' (whatever, you're still there by the way)

You may have been away for a while ... and you may be older now ... and yet still no wiser it would seem

Sorry but i don't remember you but in any case i never really tried to remember people...

Can I ask if you have ever had any kind of experience / sighting ... that could possibly be considered alien / UFO / abduction etc ?

Weeeelllll, for the longest time like from 13-19 years of age i thought i was being abducted by aliens but then i did some research, consulted my local doctor, you know....what one does when they notice something's out of whack. I found out i was going through sleep paralysis and after a few months worth of sleeping pills i stopped going through sleep paralysis for good. So in the end it was all a matter of getting proper sleep.

And i'm sure every single person that goes through sleep paralysis will think they're being visited by aliens or Jesus or what have you just need's sleeping tablets and they'll be as as right as rain.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What about this?
Still unexplained !!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: Added text.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BungleX

What in quantum mechanics suggests advanced civilizations would know we are here considering that up until less than a century ago the planet would be indistinguishable to one with no intelligent habitation at all? To know we're here, they have to either come here or receive our transmissions, and they wouldn't bother coming unless they did know we are hear so that only leaves transmissions which in turn means that the aliens must exist in a small region of the galaxy to detect us and react.

Its conceivable that intelligent, technological extraterrestrials have a strong presence in the star system nearest to us with a habitable planet and never know we were so close by.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I think you are wrong aliens wouldn't need a reason to come visit us like radio waves etc.Its simple exploration.Any advanced civilization capable of inerstellar travel would seek out planets like or similar to there own.They would start out with the nearest habitable planet and work out from there for either expolration.colonization or what not.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by othello

But there would be lots and lots of planets interesting to them much nearer than Earth. Coming here without any special incentive would be completely arbitrary.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What a stupid stupid thread. Aliens have known of our existence because they discovered our planet, determined it was a planet habitable like theirs, and then traveled to it. This was long before radio, try thousands of years ago.

Radio transmissions fizzle out in space. Most scientists now say that they do not make it past a few light years and they disintegrate. Broadcasts from decades ago are NOT traveling the furthest reaches of space right now.

The aliens could be from 10 light years away, or they could be from 100 light years away. They can go around the speed of light, they have figured that out by creating wormholes or something like that. They do not need to put themselves in stasis for years to come here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

Originally posted by Upthepunx
i think humans will suffer this fate. to much ignorance and confusion among are species.

Technological civilizations are going to be extremely rare to start with. But some have pointed out that the lack of autonomous, self replicating probes (the most cost efficient way of scouting the local group) which should be everywhere seems to indicate that we're one of the, if not the first technological civilization.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: stuff

if this is true then WE will be the over lords to other worlds and species. comming to strip mine there planets while other ruthless space coperations wait in line to rape the next planet with something to offer the cockaroach of the universe..............THE HUMAN RACE. mabey im negative but ounce we make the jump into space i really think there will be some kinda slavery of other primitive forms of life. gotta love your family!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

I agree with you there would probably be many more interesting planets closer than us.But i was trying to get the point that they wouldn't need a invitation or signal from us to come and visit us.They would get here eventually from just exploring.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

If you open your mind a bit more to some of the evidence that is still lackin just a bit, then you will see where you may be wrong...Jus' Sayin...

It seems opening my mind is more like dumbing myself down if opening myself up to evidence that isn't there is what you wan't me to do, which sounds an awful lot like faith.

edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

If we had the ability to ACTUALLY GO to that planet and study it don't you think we would?

Sure, but aliens wouldn't come here unless they had some reason to think we were here and as i keep trying to point out, until we had built antennas broadcasting out to into space there's no real reason aliens would wan't to come here. Now that we have been broadcasting that we exist, that broadcast has only gone 60-70 light years into space reaching only 2000 stars.....and yeah i've already explained this...you get my point.

AS I SAID, humanity has the ability do SEE other planets. I would ASSume that other intelligent societies ESPECIALLY ones capable of actually traveling interstellar distances would have a similar or more likely more advanced ability to detect planets. All it would take to make a personal visit to a planet IRRESISTIBLE would be liquid water. We've had liquid water on our planet for BILLIONS of years. That makes for a pretty large sphere of detectability.

We want to send men to Mars.
Did we get a radio message from there?
We've studied the planet for a long time.
It's JUST A BIG ROCK but we STILL WANT TO VISIT.

Curiosity is a sign of INTELLIGENCE and intelligence is a sign of CURIOSITY.

Wouldn't you be the LEAST BIT curious about a planet with liquid water?
If you saw one and had the ability to go there wouldn't you?

By the way, to profess something doesn't necessarily make it so.
edit on 16-4-2011 by LazyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Upthepunx

Except that unless someone invents either wormhole or FTL travel technology, interstellar travel for the purpose of exploring will never be economically viable. I mean you'd be forking out HUGE amounts of money to pay for a ship that you'd never see again. So we'd probably only be traveling to another solar system to colonise an Earth, presumably because ours is in an ice age or something.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by Misterlondon

seriously mate... sit back and look at what you are writing... in every post you make your point is complete nonsense..

just wild theories.. YOU have come up with and nothing to back it up..

why dont you put your effort and time and of course your supreme intelligence into a well researched, informative thread.. this whole thing is completely pointless!!

Umm..isn't that what the UFO believers have is theories and nothing more. The OP might be correct..since there is no evidence that earth is being visited by aliens...stories about them don't count as evidence...you know why..because they could be BS..ie I saw Jesus yesterday. Lights or objects in the sky do not count as Alien aircraft..since there is no proof as to what they are...also...ancient aliens theory is bunk...you have people who have no degrees in archeology telling us what they interpret in ancient art..etc...that does not count as evidence. We all know that alien abductions are a complete waste of time since there is no proof of these things happening but the words of the so-called abductees and not one shred of evidence..not even a tiny morsel of proof.

So tell me people where is the evidence that absolutely without a shadow of a doubt proves that aliens beings have been to earth and are stilling visiting us. Show us the science...the artifacts that have been analyzed by top universities...the left over remnants of ancient alien technology that has been left in from our past...etc. You cannot..because there is nothing that helps your cause..nothing not one tiny shred of evidence.
edit on 16-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

Regarding evidence, what's your take on the origin on the artifact found in the Bahamas in 1970?
One of many mysterious artifacts recovered that remain largely unexplained... found it interesting.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

AS I SAID, humanity has the ability do SEE other planets.

But you can't see across interstellar distances if a planet has life or not. What's more is that the chance that they're nearby is infinitesimally small and there'd be a lot of rocky, watery planets nearer to them than us. They'd never specifically want to come here without some indication that there is intelligence here - broadcasts.

They're not stupid; they're not going to cross galactic distances just for liquid water when there's plenty near to them. If they have an Oort Cloud of there own, they'd have all that they could mine.

reply to post by Mellok

Originally posted by Mellok
[Regarding evidence, what's your take on the origin on the artifact found in the Bahamas in 1970?
One of many mysterious artifacts recovered that remain largely unexplained... found it interesting.
www.youtube.com...

"unexplained"

doesn't that sort of answer your question? 'Unexplained' doesn't mean "known to be of alien origin", rather it means "unexplained" (likely because it's unstudied).

edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: stuff

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Translation... I want to believe, but I am jealous that I have not had an experience of my own to draw from so I think I will insult anyone else that has ever had a UFO sighting. If it hasn't happened to me, then its not real.
I can understand why people get so frustrated but to create a topic just to taunt people to prove something to you that no one could possibly prove to you is silly.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
To keep it simple, you are wrong, we have been contacted. But then believe what you wish as it won't change our reality in the slightest. Cheers!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join