It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by YoungMind92

It makes much more sense to assume that any aliens that are only thousands of years a head of us .

Logically speaking if they are ''Thousands of years ahead of us'' would they not already know we are here?.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
what makes you personally believe there happens to be no alien life outside of us.

Actually, i believe the universe is most likely infested with life, it's everywhere. I'm at least 100% sure there's both microbial life underground in liquid streams on mars and even fish like creatures on Europa all because of very good scientific evidence to back it up. But what i don't believe is alien life that's already contacted us.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

So does that not make you think what other life could possibly be out there?. You said it you're self there is life. But why not intelligent.

edit on 16/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Not at all, there's no logical motive aliens would visit us unless we contacted them first.

We, with our meager talents (comparatively) have discovered how to peer across large distances of space and find planets. If we found one with signs of life, ANY signs of life, we would be VERY interested in it. We would study it and learn as much as we could about it. Curiosity is just part of being intelligent.

If we had the ability to ACTUALLY GO to that planet and study it don't you think we would?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Wow, no offence but where did you get this information from? did you pull it out your ass or have you got an inside source? Last I heard it was a weather balloon, a cover story by the government.

en.wikipedia.org...

Project Mogul was a top secret project by the US Army Air Forces involving microphones flown on high altitude balloons, whose primary purpose was long-distance detection of sound waves generated by Soviet atomic bomb tests. The project was carried out from 1947 until early 1949. The project was moderately successful, but was very expensive and was superseded by a network of seismic detectors and air sampling for fallout which were cheaper, more reliable, and easier to deploy and operate.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Well ... well ... well ... andre18 (what a blast from the past) ... the only ATS member I ever added to my 'foe' list ... oops sorry, since the makeover you're now my 'rival' (whatever, you're still there by the way)

You may have been away for a while ... and you may be older now ... and yet still no wiser it would seem

People only have to check your back posts / threads to get the true measure of your ATS contributions so I won't spoil it for them ... after several pages I'm sure most already have your number

Anyhoo I digress so let's get back on topic;

Can I ask if you have ever had any kind of experience / sighting ... that could possibly be considered alien / UFO / abduction etc ?

I'm going to make the assumption that your reply will be 'no' on all counts (I could be wrong of course ... it has been known - but not very often :lol
... but if this is the case then are you making your claims about aliens having never contacted us, soley on your own lack of personal experience in such matters ... or is there another reason for your blanket dismissal of such possibilities ?

Woody

edit on 16-4-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
could it perhaps be that aliens found another way to send and recieve signals other than radio waves, could be possible, i dont know

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think it's pretty apparent that the idea of aliens visiting us is ridiculous. These alleged beings behave astonishingly like the angels of demons on any religion - they are of fundamental importance yet have no relevance or impact on every day life. People only seem to experience them when in trances or asleep. It should be enough to make one really cagey about the claims yet so many believe uncritically.

With all we know about life and its origin, it's pretty clear that it must be rife through the galaxies but anything above microbial life would be very rare. And considering that our species has been around for 200,000 odd years but we've only achieved anything significant in the last 10,000 years, it follows that for a lot of the rare species that go through all the evolutionary hoops that give it potential for a technological civilization, it could easy just never happen. A species capable of becoming a technological people could easily succumb to an extinction before they manage to achieve anything.

On top of that there is the economic issue of interstellar travel. It's simply not worth the cost. Are aliens really going to be bothered coming umpteen light years merely do a half assed job at staying hidden (lights underneath the craft isn't exactly subtle) and to abduct a few yokels and tell them we need to be nicer to each other? How on earth is that LESS likely than the government keeping it a secret?!
edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: stuff

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Can I ask if you have ever had any kind of experience / sighting ... that could possibly be considered alien / UFO / abduction etc ?

How would more useless anecdotal evidence tell us anything?

Originally posted by connorromanow
could it perhaps be that aliens found another way to send and recieve signals other than radio waves, could be possible, i dont know

Yea but if they wanted us to be able to pickup their signals, they'd use the same technology (radio/microwave) to communicate to us using the same wave lengths. If there's some super advanced method of communicating, there'd be no point using it to try and talk to us if they know we don't have that technology.

Originally posted by LazyGuy
If we had the ability to ACTUALLY GO to that planet and study it don't you think we would?

You have it backwards. The only way to know that there was any signs of life would to to examine it up close, so if they came here it wouldn't be because they knew life was here. More likely they'd be looking for an inhabitable planet to colonise.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

seriously mate... sit back and look at what you are writing... in every post you make your point is complete nonsense..

just wild theories.. YOU have come up with and nothing to back it up..

why dont you put your effort and time and of course your supreme intelligence into a well researched, informative thread.. this whole thing is completely pointless!!

Umm..isn't that what the UFO believers have is theories and nothing more. The OP might be correct..since there is no evidence that earth is being visited by aliens...stories about them don't count as evidence...you know why..because they could be BS..ie I saw Jesus yesterday. Lights or objects in the sky do not count as Alien aircraft..since there is no proof as to what they are...also...ancient aliens theory is bunk...you have people who have no degrees in archeology telling us what they interpret in ancient art..etc...that does not count as evidence. We all know that alien abductions are a complete waste of time since there is no proof of these things happening but the words of the so-called abductees and not one shred of evidence..not even a tiny morsel of proof.

So tell me people where is the evidence that absolutely without a shadow of a doubt proves that aliens beings have been to earth and are stilling visiting us. Show us the science...the artifacts that have been analyzed by top universities...the left over remnants of ancient alien technology that has been left in from our past...etc. You cannot..because there is nothing that helps your cause..nothing not one tiny shred of evidence.
edit on 16-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
OP had a good point bout having first contact with an advanced AI. this theroy is interesting to me along with other theroies i have herd people talk bout saying that greys are really just organic drones used for space exploration and that we havent really encountered the real "aliens". i perosnaly dont know what to belive when it comes to aliens. i do strongly belive that there is other life in universe. but 90% of alien encounter documents and evidence is kinda hooky to me. i will say this, earths first encounter will be interesting. persoanly i think earth is in a "dead zone" in space. we devloped late and all others around us high tailed it out of this area of space or died trying to cling on to what they desperatly loved, there home. i think humans will suffer this fate. to much ignorance and confusion among are species.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by The Sword

You know the fact is, a substantial fraction of the public think that looking for signals coming from space is kind of a waist of time because they're here, so SETI's waisting there time? Something like 65% of Americans believe a ufo crashed in Roswell but thats like you driving across country and then totalling your car on the garage door driveway. I think something like 80% believe the us government is hiding the fact that it knows of the existence of aliens....the thing is, this is the same government that runs FEMA and yet somehow for 60 years they've been able to cover it up....really?
edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

I thought this as well, but the military is different and efficient (for the most part) about everything it does. America has a strong military tradition of course, and now more than ever we are giving our last penny up for weapons. Leads me to think maybe the ugly, wrinkling faces of PR are just a slacking side campaign and the real people we need to be asking for answers are the chief's of staff of the military and their associates.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
i think humans will suffer this fate. to much ignorance and confusion among are species.

Technological civilizations are going to be extremely rare to start with. But some have pointed out that the lack of autonomous, self replicating probes (the most cost efficient way of scouting the local group) which should be everywhere seems to indicate that we're one of the, if not the first technological civilization.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: stuff

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
They might do without weapons alltogether and think we are all savages or just plain obnoxious lifeforms. Or they just don't want to be responsible for causing a world war, I'm sure a lot of people out there would not trust an alien civilization, no matter how good it might sound - they might just eat us all or enslave us once they've earned our trust.

When it comes to what aliens might be like, most assume they'll be the bad alien type that have just come here to trash the planet. When you think about what the bad aliens like to do by the way, there are only a couple of things they do - either trash the planet killing everybody or abduct us for breading experiments that probably wouldn't work.

Now when you think about it those are exactly the things that you have been fearing now for 200,000 years at the hands of your fellow humans. 100,000 years ago you're sitting there in some valley and you're worried about some tribe on the other side of the hill might come into your valley and take all your land, depriving you of your food supply or take all your wemon and deprive you of your inheritance. So we figure the aliens have the same things on their minds, well that doesn't make any sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Andre18, I would just like to state that you have just made an ABSOLUTE fool of yourself with your ignorant statement.

We have made contact. They have made contact. There's obviously something out of this world and far fetched going on in our skies with strange AIRCRAFTS not from this world so to me, this means WE HAVE MADE CONTACT.

GTFO here with your ignorant statement.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by Misterlondon

seriously mate... sit back and look at what you are writing... in every post you make your point is complete nonsense..

just wild theories.. YOU have come up with and nothing to back it up..

why dont you put your effort and time and of course your supreme intelligence into a well researched, informative thread.. this whole thing is completely pointless!!

Umm..isn't that what the UFO believers have is theories and nothing more. The OP might be correct..since there is no evidence that earth is being visited by aliens...stories about them don't count as evidence...you know why..because they could BS..ie I saw Jesus yesterday. Lights or objects in the sky do not count as Alien aircraft..since there is no proof as to what they are...also...ancient aliens bunk...you have people who have no degrees in archeology telling us what they interpret in ancient art..etc...that does not count as evidence. We all know that alien abductions are a complete waste of time since there is no proof of these things happening but the words of the so-called abductees.

So tell me people where is the evidence that absolutely without a shadow of a doubt proves that aliens beings have been to earth and are stilling visiting us. Show us the science...the artifacts that have been analyzed by top universities...the left over remnants of ancient alien technology that has been left in from our past...etc. You cannot..because there is nothing that helps your cause..nothing not one tiny shred of evidence.

I agree with you that anecdotal stories and lights in the sky are not proof of Aliens visiting earth but they can still be considered evidence. We can never say that the craft seen is Alien, unless we get to see who's driving!

The difference between proof and evidence is important though, there is plenty of evidence to suggest we have been visited but I agree this is not proof. Evidence needs to be examined in order to judge how reliable it is. Some of it (OK alot
) turns out to be utter nonsense (ie shaky you tube videos) and then some of it is much more reliable.

Cases such as the foo fighters in WW1, Rendlesham forest incident and the Belgian triangle case are very compelling ones especially considering the fact that police, airforce etc where involved and knew that these craft where not theirs and far beyond any of our technology in terms of capability.

Your assertion that 'We all know that alien abductions are a complete waste of time since there is no proof of these things happening but the words of the so-called abductees.' is a misguided one. The Harvard professor John E. Mack spent ten years investigating 'abductions' and concluded that the nature of these experiences were not physical - hence no or little physical evidence but were no way insignificant in the lives of the people that experienced them.

Have you ever considered that some of the 'ET's' might actually be beings that exist in other dimensions and have mastered the ability to cross over into ours and sometimes take us with them? Human beings can only experience a tiny percent ( 10 I think) of the universe with our 5 senses. Just because an experience is not physical doesn't make it any less 'real' in the opinions of people like John Mack and myself too. There may be a day when science starts to reveal whats hidden in the other 90% of the universe. Some abductees will feel that they already know about what lurks there, having experienced it for themselves.

This also fits with the question of why would Aliens bother travelling so far to get to earth. Well why presume they have travelled so far? There are many more possibilities here,

1) The 'Aliens' might not be from space but another dimensional reality. Crossing between dimensions or frequency is not interstellar travel

2) They may have bases near or on earth therefore eliminating the need for interstellar travel. This is something that we have embarked on with our attempts at space travel.

3) The craft and 'ET's' we see may just be scouts, like the machines we have sent to mars and other places, which means the ET's may not actually be here themselves.

4) A far advanced race has probably mastered other technology which eliminates the need for interstellar travel.

So whilst I agree evidence is not proof, a blanket statement of 'we have never been contacted' is rash to say the least. There is compelling evidence out there if you can be bothered to sift through the bad stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
# off all of ya

very well..

It still shocks me, that people claim that there are no aliens, no other life forms out there, yet I can look up and see an infinate amount of stars and glaxies. How can one claim there is no life, how ignorant can one be?

I have my disclosure just by looking up at night; I don't need someone to try and alter what I believe in.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Sending radio signals into outer space will be ineffective. Their technology probably is way past radio waves.
It might be like giving a kid a 45rpm record and seeing if he can play it on his MP3 player. They (the aliens) would probably have to first visit a museum on their home planet and dig up an old antique radio reviever in order to hear us.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by andre18

So does that not make you think what other life could possibly be out there?. You said it you're self there is life. But why not intelligent.

Well it seems only logical if life gets smart it can only get smarter. Yes i certainly believe there are already alien civilisations out there but i don't believe they've come here. All the evidence is lacking, all i can do is believe in the evidence that's actually there, otherwise it's an argument from ignorance, i can prove it except that i can't prove it.

I know you and most others are convinced we're being visited and there's evidence, it's just that scientists won't look at the evidence because scientists have close minds.
Now i'm not going to argue with you that scientists all have open minds, some are close minded and some are not but you don't win the noble prize by being close minded.

I also point out to the fact that if we're being visited it's remarkable that it doesn't seem to make any difference in my life. I mean there are some people that claim that we've reverse engineered velcro or optical fibbers or things like that, but none of that withstands the scrutiny if you just look at the history of science, you see that none of that is true. Things like fibber optics for example have a very long history going back 180 years - step by step that was figured out. It wasn't that in 1947 suddenly we had velcro or fibber optics or anything like that. It just isn't true.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by andre18

Well it seems only logical if life gets smart it can only get smarter. Yes i certainly believe there are already alien civilisations out there but i don't believe they've come here. All the evidence is lacking, all i can do is believe in the evidence that's actually there, otherwise it's an argument from ignorance, i can prove it except that i can't prove it.

I know you and most others are convinced we're being visited and there's evidence, it's just that scientists won't look at the evidence because scientists have close minds.
Now i'm not going to argue with you that scientists all have open minds, some are close minded and some are not but you don't win the noble prize by being close minded.

I also point out to the fact that if we're being visited it's remarkable that it doesn't seem to make any difference in my life. I mean there are some people that claim that we've reverse engineered velcro or optical fibbers or things like that, but none of that withstands the scrutiny if you just look at the history of science, you see that none of that is true. Things like fibber optics for example have a very long history going back 180 years - step by step that was figured out. It wasn't that in 1947 suddenly we had velcro or fibber optics or anything like that. It just isn't true.

If you open your mind a bit more to some of the evidence that is still lackin just a bit, then you will see where you may be wrong...Jus' Sayin...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join