Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 2
30
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18
 


Who says they havent contacted us?




Check from around 11 mins in.




posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
First off, the reason why they're here now is probably because they've always been here - long before us.

Second, you're assuming that any extraterrestrial species that receives a signal from Earth must also be capable of interstellar space travel. That's not necessarily the case. We have the technology to receive signals from a species on another planet, but we are far from having the technology to travel to that planet. It's very plausible that they're in the same boat we are.

Third, it's possible they have received our signal and sent a reply. It might take awhile to get here, however.


With all due respect, you're argument is incredibly naive.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18
 


You are guilding over what I believe many miss, "they are us and we are them" think seriously about that simple phrase, and it makes sense.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by taccj9903
You are assuming that the only way aliens can know about us is that we must have first made contact with them.


Yes.


Maybe they've known about us long before we decided to send signals out into space.


The problem with that is, they wouldn't have a reason to come to earth in the first place, why not come here a hundred million years ago or a billion? Why a few thousand years ago just coincidently in time to see homo sapiens rise up?

Maybe they were here a hundred million years ago, no way to tell for sure


Haven't you ever researched ancient alien theories? They were coming here long before the 1950s, your argument is weak.


Not at all, there's no logical motive aliens would visit us unless we contacted them first.



Maybe they were here a hundred million years ago, no way to tell for sure

How could you possibly begin to explain what their motives might be, for all we know they put us here.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You beat me to it...

I was gonna say, what makes you think we were here before them?



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
for what reason remains unknown. the governments dont want us to know this... it goes against religion and a whole lot of other things that keep us in order.


The government knows nothing. I know you may think the government may be hiding something but it's extremely clear that they don't because as i pointed out, even though it was a false alarm, SETI thought they had found an extra terrestrial signal and strait away the media found out about it because a member of SETI happened to phone The New York times and there was no men in black, no government take over - nothing.

edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by Itop1
for what reason remains unknown. the governments dont want us to know this... it goes against religion and a whole lot of other things that keep us in order.


The government knows nothing. I know you may think the government may by hiding something but it's extremely clear that they don't because as i pointed out, even though it was a false alarm, SETI thought they had found an extra terrestrial signal and strait away the media found out about it because a member of SETI happened to phone The New York times and there was no men in black, no government take over - nothing.



A Signal means nothing until they decipher it.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
And the world is flat...



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92
 


The thing is, any intelligent aliens that may actually exist in real life wouldn't be as frail and organic as we are, unlike the movies might lead you to believe otherwise. It's simply more logical to assume that aliens will be machines because if you look at the time scale of how fast we have advanced in computing in the last few decades in comparison to evolution that takes billions of years to progress.

It makes much more sense to assume that any aliens that are only thousands of years a head of us would already be making their bodies into robots - it's a time scale argument. All these stories of Greys and Reptilians is quite illogical because they wouldn't have squishy bodies like ours, they would have moved on.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18
 


The SETI argument is getting old.I mean why everyone assumes that because we are sending radio signals, an alien civilazation would do the same.Or because we are looking for messages they do the same.
If an alien race has mastered interstellar or intergalactic travel maybe they don't need to look for signals,they just go where they want.

And if there are no aliens visiting why FBI,CIA and other agencies have files on them?
And what about all the encounters and the testimonies from around the world?

As for the interest,that goes two ways.Maybe they don't care about us or maybe they do.

I do believe that we are visited by ETs now and in the past,i just can't proove it yet
Maybe you are right,but for me it's better to read about aliens than the new trends in clothes and shoes or celebrity gossip.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What about the Arecibo Broadcast and the Chilbolton Crop circle? claudescommentary.com...

We have been contacted, there is something to disclose.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by YoungMind92
 


The thing is, any intelligent aliens that may actually exist in real life wouldn't be as frail and organic as we are, unlike the movies might lead you to believe otherwise. It's simply more logical to assume that aliens will be machines because if you look at the time scale of how fast we have advanced in computing in the last few decades in comparison to evolution that takes billions of years to progress.

It makes much more sense to assume that any aliens that are only thousands of years a head of us would already be making their bodies into robots - it's a time scale argument. All these stories of Greys and Reptilians is quite illogical because they wouldn't have squishy bodies like ours, they would have moved on.


If they are thousands of years more advanced than us i bloody damn hope they have discovered something a bit more advanced than robotics lol, you really need to open your mind more, your looking at this with a very narrow vision.... they could be something incomprehensible



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by YoungMind92
 


The thing is, any intelligent aliens that may actually exist in real life wouldn't be as frail and organic as we are, unlike the movies might lead you to believe otherwise. It's simply more logical to assume that aliens will be machines because if you look at the time scale of how fast we have advanced in computing in the last few decades in comparison to evolution that takes billions of years to progress.

It makes much more sense to assume that any aliens that are only thousands of years a head of us would already be making their bodies into robots - it's a time scale argument. All these stories of Greys and Reptilians is quite illogical because they wouldn't have squishy bodies like ours, they would have moved on.



seriously mate... sit back and look at what you are writing... in every post you make your point is complete nonsense..

just wild theories.. YOU have come up with and nothing to back it up..

why dont you put your effort and time and of course your supreme intelligence into a well researched, informative thread.. this whole thing is completely pointless!!



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
What about the Arecibo Broadcast and the Chilbolton Crop circle? claudescommentary.com...

We have been contacted, there is something to disclose.


Yeah thats whats on the vid i posted. Its amazing!

Has it ever been proven to be a hoax?



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Actually your wrong about how long we have been sending signals into space it's not 50 years it's 90 years. The first radio transmission took place in the 20's. Radio waves travel at the speed of light so we have signals around 90 light years out. There are around 4000 stars within 90 light years from us. If we had the technology to travel space don't you think we would hop over to the nearby planet to see what kind of people that popped up in the neighborhood?
edit on 16-4-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)


The problem with that is, those first signals wen't very powerful, it's only been the last 60 years from high frequency high powerful signals that we've been sending out. And so thats 2000 stars not 4000, but even of it was 10,000 - the point is aliens can't be more then half the distance from where ever they've reached our signals, in order to receive the signals 30 years ago and then spend the next 30 years getting here. Plus the fact that with only 2000 stars in that distance, it's safe to say that no aliens no that we exist at the moment anyway.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by buster2010
Actually your wrong about how long we have been sending signals into space it's not 50 years it's 90 years. The first radio transmission took place in the 20's. Radio waves travel at the speed of light so we have signals around 90 light years out. There are around 4000 stars within 90 light years from us. If we had the technology to travel space don't you think we would hop over to the nearby planet to see what kind of people that popped up in the neighborhood?
edit on 16-4-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)


The problem with that is, those first signals wen't very powerful, it's only been the last 60 years from high frequency high powerful signals that we've been sending out. And so thats 2000 stars not 4000, but even of it was 10,000 - the point is aliens can't be more then half the distance from where ever they've reached our signals, in order to receive the signals 30 years ago and then spend the next 30 years getting here. Plus the fact that with only 2000 stars in that distance, it's safe to say that no aliens no that we exist at the moment anyway.



You basing your entire theory on radio waves. What if they've knew about us long before we even invented radio? Why do they need to get a signal from us to know where we are?

We can tell a lot about distant planets from tlescopes alone. Those that wont support life and those that may. Aliens could have done this thousands of years ago and visited Earth to find out if it did support life. They may have instruments that can pick up on life simply by measuring atmospheric anomalies like c02 emeitions.

You just dont know.
edit on 16/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
and tell me why would be such a hard thing to believe.. it is entirely possible to drive across the country and crash your car into your garage door


Yes it's possible but then you're missing the point, which is that according to the ufo crowd an alien craft crash landed here in 47. Which is completely inaccurate to what actually happened. To what was actually 400 feet of balloons listening to whether the Soviets where testing nuclear weapons.



posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by taccj9903
You are assuming that the only way aliens can know about us is that we must have first made contact with them.


Yes.


Maybe they've known about us long before we decided to send signals out into space.


The problem with that is, they wouldn't have a reason to come to earth in the first place, why not come here a hundred million years ago or a billion? Why a few thousand years ago just coincidently in time to see homo sapiens rise up?


Haven't you ever researched ancient alien theories? They were coming here long before the 1950s, your argument is weak.


Not at all, there's no logical motive aliens would visit us unless we contacted them first.

The reason they haven't made contact with the general population is because there would be a worldwide panic, people would go freeking crazy , mass suicide would be off the charts, bombs would go flying everywhere .Mankind isn't ready for first contact, we are a barbaric species.
edit on 16-4-2011 by bdb818888 because: left out a word





top topics
 
30
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join