It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Aliens don't know we're here, we've been sending signals out into space sine the 1950's so those signals are about 60 years out into space, so the aliens that are coming here now can't be more 30 light years away to have enough time to pick up our signals and then send their signals back to us. So even if they can go the speed of light, there are only 2000 stars that have been exposed to our fm, tv and radar. But the thing is, a couple of thousand stars is a very small number and strikes me as too few a number for any civilisation to currently know that we exist. This might help you sleep better at night knowing no one knows we're here. To the people who claim that we're being visited, why are they here now? The usual answer to that is, well they're concerned with what we're doing to the environment or they're concerned about nuclear war, that they have some moral interest in us but that's alien sociology so we don't really know that.

But that's all supersession, i mean no one really knows if aliens would have any interest in us but the point is that, that argument doesn't matter because they don't know about us. So if they've come now, that's enormously coincidental. My question to those are convinced that we're being visited, why isn't this evidence good enough to be put into the local science museum? The answers are always that there is good evidence but it's being covered up, well that's an argument from ignorance. That's saying i've got a cure for cancer but they've taken it away from me and locked it up so i can't tell you…..that shouldn't convince you.

Most of you think that the best way to find aliens is that they're here abducting people out of their homes, so why is SETI trying to pick up radio signals from space when there are aliens here abducting us? Because in the real world scientists aren't finding any signals from aliens, theres no compelling evidence. And even if they did, there's actual protocols at SETI for what to do if a signal is picked up and most of you assume that if a signal was picked up, the government would cover it up on the assumption that people would start rioting in the street, but thats not true at all because in 1997 at 3:30 in the morning SETI found what they thought was an alien signal, but as it turned out it was a false alarm. It took about 16 hours to figure out it was the solar research satellite, and the signal was just bouncing around the antenna they were using in just the right way to mimic a real alien signal.

But what's interesting about this, is the public assumes the government would come in and shut them down because the public couldn't handle the news but instead nobody seemed to be interested, no secrecy. All that happened was a science writer from the New York times called a few hours later. So the New York Times already knew about it, you can be sure the media will find out about this before anybody else - there's no policy of secrecy. So you see in the event of the real thing you will read about it right away, because there's no government cover up.

And even when we do make contact they won't be anything like the greys reptilians and pleiadians, because the idea that aliens are still like us, soft and squishy and are just in a short interval between inventing radio and building machines that can replace their frail bodies as we have began doing makes no sense. It's not reasonable that the aliens are going to be soft little squishy grey guys, they're going to be some sort of machine intelligence.

Think of it chronology - you invent radio and within 100 years after inventing radio people are already talking about artificial intelligence. So it's seems reasonable it's going to happen within this century, because by 2020 your laptop will have the same compute power as the human brain. The point is that's the time scale - you invent radio and within a century or two you invent your successor and it's not soft squishy intelligence, you've have moved on to something much better then that.

Supporting Links
www.good.is...
merovee.wordpress.com...
www.centauri-dreams.org...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
towm.freelinuxhost.com...
www.metro.co.uk...
edit on
edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

The title is a pretty bold assertion to make.

I think there's plenty of eyewitness testimony, etc to show that they were here.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thats one ignorant statement.
Thousands of people can witness they being here and i think the government know more than you do.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

For someone who's, in your OWN words ... "The Smartest Man Alive" ... You surely made quite a weird title ... This is exactly who the sleepy people are ... Believe in little that is shown and ignore all that actually IS!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Look people - this thread is started by "the smartest man alive" so therefore, I, for one, believe him.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My local KFC hasn't contacted me either ... I guess it doesn't really exist ... Oh the HORROR!!!

edit on 16/4/11 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/4/11 by faryjay because: Typo!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Aliens don't know we're here, we've been sending signals out into space sine the 1950's so those signals are about 60 years out into space, so the aliens that are coming here now can't be more 30 light years away to have enough time to pick up our signals and then send their signals back to us. So even if they can go the speed of light, there are only 2000 stars that have been exposed to our fm, tv and radar. But the thing is, a couple of thousand stars is a very small number and strikes me as too few a number for any civilisation to currently know that we exist. This might help you sleep better at night knowing no one knows we're here. To the people who claim that we're being visited, why are they here now? The usual answer to that is, well they're concerned with what we're doing to the environment or they're concerned about nuclear war, that they have some moral interest in us but that's alien sociology so we don't really know that.

You are assuming that the only way aliens can know about us is that we must have first made contact with them. Maybe they've known about us long before we decided to send signals out into space. Haven't you ever researched ancient alien theories? They were coming here long before the 1950s, your argument is weak.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Just another attenion seeking post I believe

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You know the fact is, a substantial fraction of the public think that looking for signals coming from space is kind of a waist of time because they're here, so SETI's waisting there time? Something like 65% of Americans believe a ufo crashed in Roswell but thats like you driving across country and then totalling your car on the garage door driveway. I think something like 80% believe the us government is hiding the fact that it knows of the existence of aliens....the thing is, this is the same government that runs FEMA and yet somehow for 60 years they've been able to cover it up....really?
edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The OP is GOD and therefore knows everything, the most intelligent man alive, bow before his hyness...

Seriously though, this is the most ignorant thread ive seen, no flags or stars here.... there is a huge wealth of information out there to sugest aliens have been here before and are still visiting today.... for what reason remains unknown. the governments dont want us to know this... it goes against religion and a whole lot of other things that keep us in order.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
rubbish..
There was once an ant that collected leaves daily for his huge family, he scouted the woods for the best possible
nutrients and materials to survive and reproduce, He went back to his home every day using rotting leaves to feed bacteria, to feed his young. One day the 'M27' motorway is built a few meres from his home, the ant is in disbelief, his god has sent them pain and suffering, they must relocate to a more sustainable environment and this must be quite stressful to, build a new nest, scout new areas, defeat new enemies and reproduce. would you as a builder try and explain to these poor creatures why their home has been demolished, you couldn't, you wouldn't know how and you couldn't be bothered... Now imagine if the ant came up with his own theory, that with the evidence provided, ie, huge objects travelling very fast, loud rumbling noises that actually, god had not sent doom to the ants, this was actually another being building a structure, this needs to be disclosed to the ant population for them to, themselves, properly perceive the world around them.
Contact is nothing
An infinite universe means difference in conciousness levels between humans and ants is only a poor perception
from humans that have yet not explored the universe, infinite means we are both the ants and the gods
Scale is only a form of perception

edit on 16-4-2011 by holtdani because: (no reason given)

*SNIP*

Civility and Decorum are Required
edit on 16-4-2011 by Ahabstar because: Removed Uncivil Comments

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe this guy is the Alien and he's trying to distract us and stop us from believing or getting ready for an Alien attack!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Tbh the government are hiding it for a reason. If they told you that there was actually alien life outside of our planet, Not only are they their but some of them are nasty and want nothing apart from to harvest the planet. What would the public sheeple do if they were told.

If I was a sheep I would freak the hell out.

Any one agree?.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Maybe this guy is the Alien and he's trying to distract us and stop us from believing or getting ready for an Alien attack!

Attack!! what!!!?I have tea and biscuits waiting for them, the day they land on our planet i'll be the first person there to offer their leader a cup of earl gray and a few biscuits to dip in.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by The Sword

Something like 65% of Americans believe a ufo crashed in Roswell but thats like you driving across country and then totalling your car on the garage door driveway.

another stupid statement from the most intelligent man alive..

and tell me why would be such a hard thing to believe.. it is entirely possible to drive across the country and crash your car into your garage door

its like flying from uk to australia and crashing when the plane lands.. or to the moon and crashing when you get there.. again a real possibility...

your point there is complete nonsense

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by faryjay

Attack!! what!!!?I have tea and biscuits waiting for them, the day they land on our planet i'll be the first person there to offer their leader a cup of earl gray and a few biscuits to dip in.

I hope you have the biscuits that go best with tea ... We need to do research on what they maybe!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
You are assuming that the only way aliens can know about us is that we must have first made contact with them.

Yes.

Maybe they've known about us long before we decided to send signals out into space.

The problem with that is, they wouldn't have a reason to come to earth in the first place, why not come here a hundred million years ago or a billion? Why a few thousand years ago just coincidently in time to see homo sapiens rise up?

Haven't you ever researched ancient alien theories? They were coming here long before the 1950s, your argument is weak.

Not at all, there's no logical motive aliens would visit us unless we contacted them first.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actually your wrong about how long we have been sending signals into space it's not 50 years it's 90 years. The first radio transmission took place in the 20's. Radio waves travel at the speed of light so we have signals around 90 light years out. There are around 4000 stars within 90 light years from us. If we had the technology to travel space don't you think we would hop over to the nearby planet to see what kind of people that popped up in the neighborhood?
edit on 16-4-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join