It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

What they would honestly do? They would use the media to say that the people who were against them were a small small minority and had moral basis that were at odds with the religious population.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If the citizens wanted to control the government we could. Oh wit.. The government is for the people and by the people. Well it's supposed to be. But seriously, they can't stop us if we teamed up. I've said too much. Do not take that seriously lol its just a theory I have. Lol not a theory, but what I think would happen.

link   

Yeah. I actually have family near del city in oklahoma.
I liked it a lot out there when I visited a few years back.

link   
Not gonna read all the "done, not done, done, not done" replies. Just gonna say that I have a fairly good idea of what's coming and I've done all that can be done. I've made no physical preparations other than clearing my life of the rubbish most people still cling to, but even that was as much a spiritual thing as a physical one.

I have faith, something I have been looking for my entire life but has evaded my grasp until recently. I know things will go exactly as they are meant to. I'm not worried about a thing.

Here's a clue for you all to follow: You won't find it outside. It comes from within.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Haha I know what you mean. I probably wouldnt talk so much in this thread If I wasn't drunk.
It's sad that we get paranoid talking about changing the country for the better in a country that is founded on freedom of ideas.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

It's nice out here. I like it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

Me, and as to why? Survival is overrated, thought I have a bug out bag with some essentials in it, or as I like to call it, a in case # happens bag. But really if there was to be any wold cataclysmic event going to happen, preparations might help but not that much, and even the elite in there bunkers and just digging there own graves to a slow death underground in that scenario.

And if it is some minor event or tragedy then whatever, were there is a will there is a way. But if the world is going to end, then I want to be there and see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't want to miss that for the world.
So bring it on, should be fun, but I know it will be a pain in the ass, if and when it happens, it always is.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Hahaha lol. Yeah I know what you mean. I've had a few glasses of Hennessy throughout the night.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

If something like that happened though.. who would be on top when these supposed elite crawled out of their bunkers? The people that knew the new world or the ones who are crawling out?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You just now found faith? You should have asked for it a long time ago and god would have given it to you.

God knows what will happen and he knows my destiny. That's mostly why I don't prepare. Because he will protect me. God knows all! Just trust in him and youll be safe

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

If we are on top we aren't gunna let them crawl back out. They can have there underground government and stay Down there

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

jose cuervo myself.
hennessy... shouldn't you be drinking something similar to me out there.. mezcal out there perhaps.

To keep this on topic. A couple of bottles of hennessy or Jose would be great to barter.
Lol ; )

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Haha yes it would. I'm not like most people out here. I drink the strong s*** And mostly expensive stuff. Lol my liqour has to be good quality. A bottle of Hennessy is 50 bucks

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

If something like that happened though.. who would be on top when these supposed elite crawled out of their bunkers? The people that knew the new world or the ones who are crawling out?

Um dude ever see what a continent moving earthquake does to any little thing in its way, what do you think would happen to a little dinky bunker when this thing moves mountains around. Ain't nobody crawling out bro in that scenario, but who knows maybe one day if we put enough bio mass/elites and there conveniences under ground, in time and with enough pressure and heat all that bio mass underground will turn to oil in a million years or so. And who knows maybe the new dominant species on earth will use it in it's fossil fuel machines. Hows that for irony.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

In a world changing event the smart folks will hit the liqour stores and pharmacies rather than the grocery stores.
Booze and drugs will be the hot commodities wont they?
I mean people in pain and diabetics, heart patients, bacterial infections.
The smart folks will get a month of hard scavenged groceries for pain medicine, insulin, warfarin, and amox.
right?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Want to know what i think is the real world concern?
Bio engineered foods. I think it's too weird with the pure seed vaults and the terminator seeds and etc.
Monsanto is the topic to watch.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Give nature more credit it always finds a way they can engineer all they want. There whole pest and weed resistant and killing products are just making the weeds and pests more adaptable and stronger, and there terminator genes is just plain stupid. And if we all get some sort of mass die of because of that and some corporation's bottom line, then I'm sorry but we would deserve to be gone, nothing more need be said.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I don't see how we would deserve it because an out of control corporation causes it.
They force farmers to buy their seeds and fine them if they dont.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Because I'm only 18, live at home and don't have any money, plus, when it goes down, I pretty much want to die to, a life of struggling to survive, everyday,... Seems so much work and I'm rather lazy.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
For me, it depends on exactly what I'm surviving from. In many instances, I may not want to survive. If it were something catastrophic that affected the entire continent, I don't know I would want to spend the rest of my life "surviving". I wouldn't want to survive a large scale nuclear attack. I wouldn't want to survive a meteor blast that caused a new ice age. And most of all, I wouldn't want to survive another Obama term.

On a more serious note, and I'm being dead serious here, people seem to fear death far too much. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy life, but personally I think it's overrated. People get so wrapped up in "things", like material goods, going places, entertainment, anything that soothes the ego (in this sense, I refer to the ego as the survival mechanism we all have. Virtually everything we do, whether we realize it or not, is in some way, a means of survival, and that is a function of the ego). Once we understand that life is just one big illusion, then "surviving" is just another illusion. I don't believe "death" is the "end" of anything; it is simply another phase of our eternal existence. So, for me, I'd rather move on to the next phase than suffer endlessly in this one we call life.
edit on 16-4-2011 by General.Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join