It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That's true. Don't SKS rifles have a free floating firing pin that can cause accidental fire of the weapon?

If I had to use a gun for an alien attack I'd use the minigun mounted on a car and a barret 50 csl sniper with explosive rounds and possibly a couple of machetes or Bowie knives.

Lol bur that's if I had to use a weapon.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Fightng is senseless though.
You guys do realize that a literal revolution would fold in half a day right? The government would call it a rogue antio government cult and drone them out in a day. The only way to get the government back is using the internet to start a new party with integrity, pray no one buys out the leaders and try to make change.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard hahahaha. Sorry but it is. The government will not be helping me or others in a disaster. They will go hide underground in their bunkers like little girls while we fight.

I'm guessing you'd go into the bunkers right? I figured you would.
edit on 16-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: Because I Spelt a dam word wrong

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

I'm not really that familiar with the sks I have. It's chinese and it's a decent gun. I'ts mostly for fun. The next I buy will probably be a Mauser rifle. I'm really not as informed as my bro though.. (and hes just 19) I need to get him on this site to post in the weapons forum because he is very informative on this stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You should get him on here. If I had a choice of one weapon over a gun I'd choose ballistic knife. That's just me. I'm more of the type to physically beat but there are times I like to use guns when I hav targets at the farm. Lol don't get me wrong I love guns but I'd choose other things before them

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Whatever happens in the near future, I know God is with me and that he'll protect me. I have my destiny that I'll follow, and the fate that God planned for me. I will be ready for whatever happens when it does. But right now, at this moment, all that I need is prayer and the faith that God will provide for me whatever I need and that I am protected in his shadow.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure....

I guess we just forget, we get so caught up in day to day living that we don't really think about survival so much.

What some other posters have said is true though...
If we/I had to prepare for something like this, we would have to save for everyone in our families who not believe that something on this scale will happen.
Imagine the guilt of not helping or feeding your mother or siblings..You can't just leave everyone you care about and only think of yourself. What would the point of survival be, if you survived on your own???

Funny enough, it is not actually the "survivor" who is being selfish in this case. It is the "non-believer/survivor" that is being selfish for not preparing for themselves.

Am I right or wrong in saying this?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Trust me, the human Brain and body will kick into gear when it's time to survive. You are born with survival skills.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I am one of those people that crosses the bridge as I come to it. Best laid plans of mice and men...how many times have the best plans gone down the ummm shoot?

I will admit though, subconsciously, I have somewhat stocked some items. It is like a little tick behind the scenes.

I guess for the most part I am a positive thinker and I have always felt what you think it shall be...
The good news is I have plenty of toilet paper!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I dont know if I could stab anything. When I hunt deer, If i need to finish one that I didn't get a clean shot on.. I would use a gun. The knife is just to "intimate" although maybe I should use one just to gain full appreciation for the hunt. It seems like that would almost be karmic.. feeling the finishing through a knife.
I don't mean to sound morbid.. I just don't think I could use a knife like that.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Such a simple statement, but so true.I've been in such situations (jumped by three muggers in the city).
You don't need to prepare as much as some of the people here would have you think. That is if you have a decent mind for reasoning.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Thats why I would use a knife In battle because it is up close and personal. It's much more Intimate. I never hunt with knives. Only guns for hunting. But if we were attacked by aliens I'm stabbing a few in the face and neck before I die.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well it can't be the dumbest thing you have ever heard.. because it is all case sensitive.
It depends on the situation. Until we have one we can't really say.
I couldn't handle a bunker. I'm a claustrophobic.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

If you have a decent mind all you need is bottled water, a few canned foods and a place to stay. Heres what I do in that situation if needed to survive.

I'd save my bottle water for when I need it. Built a shelter off of the land and use the lands materials. And I would eat my canned goods. I would then start living off of what the land and animals provide. But if if was an attack I would go ballistic.

I've had to build shelters and survive in the wild before so I know how to do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Also you would have to consider the scale of the disaster. You must be thinking like world enveloping to think the govt would hide out. They wouldn't they would seize the day.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Yeah. There we go, lol no it's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Glad to know you'll be covering our asses with your rifles.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Yeah.. im about the same.. I explained in my other post.
A lot of land out here. I'm in kentucky and about 15 min from west virginia. Plenty of resources.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Watched a show and the government plans on hiding in underground bunkers in 2012. So well see! But seriously what is our government gunna do to us in an attack? Nothing because we out number them and they also wanna survive so there not about to fight with their own citizens

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Haha.. well not covering anyone.
Just my family and for food.
As i said before it's senseless to consider infighting.
It's all about inside manipulation. That is why the internet is of such grave concern to the government as of recently.
Because it is technically possible for the people to put someone in power that would actually give a damn about them.. it would be hard, but possible.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I'm in northeast Oklahoma near the Kansas and Arkansas borders. There are plenty of resources out here to survive for years if you needed to!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join