It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
post removed by staff

Off topic: I've always wondered why the Masters students are the ones that make the ridiculous comments like the [multiple] above, maybe it's just the pressure and all. Assuming you're not trolling... I'm pretty sure anyone can really go into any field if they want to. I've seen people with major disorders doing introductory physics when I was doing my BSc, they didn't get 80's but they passed.

Let me be the first to tell you, no one is jealous of your degree. No one ever will be. Even if you get a PhD most people will just write you off as 'some kind of nerd who reads books all the time'; despite that being somewhat false.

On topic:
I find that the notion of survival is actually present in a lot of my friends. They feel that something is coming but they aren't taking the major steps. I think the only reason people aren't loading up yet is because the disaster isn't imminent. You can still go to Store XYZ and buy whatever you want, and you can still get gas/food. As soon as you feel any major constriction, thats when you'll go "alright now I really need to get by crap in order", but by that time its too late

edit on 4/16/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

I'm gettting my masters because of the money it will allow me to make in my career. Thats the only reason

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

Survival is a natural instinct of the human brain and body. Fight or flight mode! When that kicks in you are basically a super human and can survive because of how we are wired and all the information and knowledge we have are a big part of it.

It's a natural instinct to survive. Even on a daily basis we are surviving!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.

That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am not preparing because i have nothing anyways, so with that said. I'm going to take your stuff or anything i can find to survive and do not fool yourself, so will you.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I'll take one thing, myself. I'll find and take whatever else I need. I'll act friendly but if you turn your back me and your stuff will be gone. It's survival and only the strong will survive

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I still think preparations are a good idea, no matter where you live or your current financial situation. Bad weather, crumbling electrical grids, loss of funding for police officers, lack of security at borders, and just the world situation today warrants having a small stockpile close by just in case. You don't have to be rich, or knowledgable about survival. Just doing the best you can with what you have is all you can ask of yourself. To be able to honestly say I did my best....

By the way, on the post above, search "Haarp should be shut down for good!!!" Page 6 answer to ozweatherman "No thanks, I'll stick......

what else would it mean? just search around folks.....it's all there in black and white! Nuff said! (wow! such rage)
edit on 16-4-2011 by jdb51 because: filled it out some more

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

i thought you said you were going for a bachelors in another thread... hmm, i think JDB51 might be on to something...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on 16-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There is a very good book called "Camping and Woodcraft" by Horace Kephart that could be an interesting read to those who want to be more knowledgable about survival. He lived in the Appalachian mountains for years and wrote everything he knew. Its a pretty thick book, but it has detailed information on making shelters (including how to build a log cabin), furniture, clothes, traps, hunting, cleaning game, survival techniques, and tons of other great info. Some people call it the survivalists bible. Also interesting that he wrote all of it in the early 1900s.
edit on 16-4-2011 by SAB17 because: added content

edit on 16-4-2011 by SAB17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Stay on topic please. Survival...

Also, if anyone wants hands on survival training, there is a field school called BOSS. Boulder Outdoor Survival School, in Utah. They will make your life pretty terrible while your out there, but you learn how to stay alive with "low to no technology skills"

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am not. Simply because where I live and the times we live in, I see no reason to do so. I feel safe and see no reason that I would have to "bug out" at any time in my life.

If I am right, then I saved much needed money and earn bragging rights. If I am wrong then you don't get any bragging rights because I will be dead, in which case, it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well, I guess that's one way to look at it! I have to admit, I have fluctuated in my beliefs about this. I think I would probably stay where I was, as I wouldn't know where to go. But, I think I have stockpiled some supplies for my children, honestly. I doubt if I personally would survive for long, truthfully. But, I want them to...for as long as they can.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i dont necessarily need a survival plan. if things begin to go downhill i just need one trip to canadian tire and im good

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Not taking any survival precautions here. No stocked food or water, not even a B.O.B bag. I feel bad for those that started preparing in 1999, whole lotta wasted food and water that they've had to replace over the years.

I have too many pre-existing medical problems to feasibly plan for any major long term catastrophe, so if TS ever really HTF I'll just sit back and wait for my inevitable demise. If it were something that we could foresee coming, like an asteroid or what have you, I'd probably try get to as close to the impending doom as possible and revel in nature's awe-inspiring power one last time.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm not because whatever happens happens. If I was to survive I would know how becuase of my knowledge and common sense and my brain would tell me my body to do.

Although I do have a stash of gasoline and some water. Thata the only preparations I have taken and the only ones I will take.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Sickone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join