It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Immigration Dividing The UK says Cameron

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How sad that as soon as someone wants to have a serious discussion about immigration, there are people at ATS who want just want rant on one side or the other.

I am delighted that the Prime Minister has listened to the concerns of a sizeable element of the British population who do have concerns over the number of immigrants in The United Kingdom, legal and illegal.

As the Prime Minister said, immigration has helped shape and driven this country but I have seen little management of immigration in the last 40 years, and being forced to open our borders to the EU has done little to help the impression that people have.

British Politicians who have wanted to raise this issue have typically been attacked and labelled as a racist by the liberal left, rather than seen as raising issues that the British people want our leaders to tackle.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Yeah, well he`s 40 odd years to late!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
How sad that as soon as someone wants to have a serious discussion about immigration, there are people at ATS who want just want rant on one side or the other.

Welcome to the internet

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hey, wheres the link man?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Saracen1

My God, the way you are talking a person may assume that you yourself may be a mastermind of this whole debocle!

Undoubtedly "master" is the only thing you have ever been called of the word "mastermind", as your religion dictates in essence that that is how women address you.

Oh well, I'll just live in the backwoods of Canada, where the snow is still 5 feet deep and people from the desert are too scared to be without Range Rovers and BMW's that the Canadian gov't helps fund as they pour into this country too.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to keep civil on this thread, We know that its a Hot topic and can be a heated one at that but please lets remain civil and accepting of each others views.

Thank you

Asala

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Did any of you actually read the original post before diving into racist rants? (ahum Saracen1)

One of the major contributing factors for the failure of multi culturalism is anti-assimilation - this is why we are restricting the numbers that are entering our county. (to assess/manage/house - rather than an open door policy) Australia's immigration law's will still be steep im comparison (as an example showing we are not going to extremes)

I think the motto of the site went down the pan within the first few posts - should be "Ignorance is bliss"

edit on 14-4-2011 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

Hey, before you start throwing around accusations, show me where I have been racist in any of my posts.

Are you trying to convince people that Australia of all places, is an example of a society that has got things right?
They`re still committing genocide against the original inhabitants, plying them with booze/drugs, kidnapping their children and stealing/polluting their lands.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

How can Cameron be 40 years too late? British politicians has raised the issue of immigration but the liberal left just label them racist rather than enable a reasoned and open debate. I would agree that a serious and reasoned debate on immigration is at least 40 years overdue.

The question that should be asked is why the liberal left have been so keen to avoid this discussion.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1
reply to post by ainsley

Hey, before you start throwing around accusations, show me where I have been racist in any of my posts.

Are you trying to convince people that Australia of all places, is an example of a society that has got things right?
They`re still committing genocide against the original inhabitants, plying them with booze/drugs, kidnapping their children and stealing/polluting their lands.

Might we remind you of the "horribly white" comments?

Implied racism is as good as proven racism isnt it? I recall you using that logic against poet and I in another thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Thats a question I`m unable to answer, although if you agree the debate is 40 years to late, what use is there in bothering at all?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I noticed your 1st post on this thread and your subsequent. If you would like me to guide you directly to the post that the mods removed for good reason I will be glad to do so?

Relating to your completely trollish waffle regarding Australia, I will say this - They have these laws in place to make the influx of immigrants into an already 'dicey' economy more manageable. Britian is doing the same, rather than let the tap overflow the bath, you turn the tap down a little and manage the flow.

Please folks don't feed the troll!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Saracen.

Can i ask, what would YOU like britain to be like in 50 years time?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

Hey Iron old boy, you don`t strike me as the kinda guy that holds grudges.
You can`t blame me for suggesting you harboured white supremacist sympathies. After all, it was you who told me you attended such camps.

Let bygones be bygones, if your not a white supremacist then I take that back, and regret any offence that may have been caused.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

As you may or may not recall, I spoke that in sarcasm, and immediately retreated my comments, as they seemed far too lofty for you to attain.

That said, I surely do hold grudges.

As it seems you do against the Aryan race.

Thats all good with me. We can agree to disagree, and at that we shall let it be. Neither of us will have to claim defeat, that way you can walk with your head held high, and feel as if you defending a righteous cause.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yissachar1 makes some good points in this thread.

First. the PM is repeating something he said when in opposition. His party has been in government for a short time, so we can only wait and see if he practices what he preaches. I hope so. In my own work I have had to deal with "bogus" immigrants playing the system (they either used the education route or the family of an EU citizen rights route) and it is a big scam.

The left wing media has gone crazy on this today - specifically BBC and Guardian. Most of the people vox pops the media has bothered to ask Q's regarding this were from immigrant families (from what I heard anyway). An example would be a guy complaining that Cameron wants immigrants to learn English (woah) and how did he expect this to happen when cutting public services and English classes/colleges - well.....I was pretty dumbstruck. I didn't realise that it was the responsibility of the govt to fund language classes for immigrants. WTF.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

Ah..... continued genocide against the indigenous people of what is called Australia, is in your own words waffle.
I think I know what your all about.

The economies of Australia/ Uk would be better served, not by restricting the number of immigrants who contribute enormously to both economies, but ending their multiple wars and occupations.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

Ah... very magnanimous of you!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join