It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Immigration Dividing The UK says Cameron

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1
reply to post by IronArm

Ah... very magnanimous of you!

Immigrants benefit?

LOL! Only when you limit number.
Fact: Muslims are the largest ethnic group with no formal qualifications.
Fact: Muslims are the largest ethnic group to be unemployed

Yeh a load of good that is

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sadly it is all too late for this country. We natives are a dying breed. Get your burkas ready

Civil War anyone?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I always wonder why people would not want immigrants to learn the language of the country or conform to society? You reap what you sow.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
I always wonder why people would not want immigrants to learn the language of the country or conform to society? You reap what you sow.

People want them to but they refuse! Its simple. If you dont want to integrate then get the hell out

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago saying about how a primary school in London uses 42 different languages.

We live in England, speak English.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I think you`ll find the demographic with the highest unemployment and lowest qualifications are.......white working class boys, just the sort of people the EDS seeks to recruit.

Unlike you my friend, I don`t celebrate the misfortune of others.You should be fighting for a better education for all kids, not worrying about the halal butcher down the road, or whether old mrs Sha is wearing a burqa.

What about the link....man?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

According to BBC / Guardian / err left wing press
... we should be paying for them to learn English too!

So far gone, I don't think we have a chance.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Wow 42 different languages? Unless all the children are super intelligent. This is crazy! America and Canada have large English speakers with Americans also speaking German and of course Spanish and in Canada many speak French.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Oh have you gotta crystal ball or what?
My postings have as much truth as anybody elses, so whats your beef?

As for making the folks on here hate Islam, that has to be the most ridiculous statement I`ve heard yet.
Like they were all passionate multiculturalists before i came here.
If you can`t stand the heat of debate......exit this way.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wow 42 different languages? Unless all the children are super intelligent. This is crazy! America and Canada have large English speakers with Americans also speaking German and of course Spanish and in Canada many speak French.

No I mean 42 different languages being spoken around the school, not the kids all knowing 42 languages. That would be something....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Erm its not just immigration that is divisive (which in my opinion is not the biggest divisive issue facing England right now)...

Other parts of the Uk receiving free school dinners, free prescriptions,
Ever present threat of the austerity measures throwing us back into recession,
The invasive nature of this years census,
Intervention by stealth of other Nations issues,

I could go on the list is endless.

Side note, did you all see the article about the additonal paraphenalia participants sent back with their census forms lmao, that has just got to be a deliberate act, just to hack them off, and make them spend money to return peoples various personal items.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I could only seeing people more divided over cultural issues then economic issues in the U.K. America has to be one of the most multicultural countries in the world. Try having some pride in your cultural while be hounded by everyone around you.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Whose hounding you.....can you be more specific?
I often hear this claim made by folk with animosity towards those with differing cultures.
Come out and celebrate your "culture", nobody is forbidding you from being proud and expressive.
The reality is that most folk who make such claims, spend most of their free time down the pub getting pissed.
Then they get all bitter when they see other groups, who put in time and effort to promote their festivals for everyone to join and celebrate.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1
reply to post by FeraVerto

The reality is that most folk who make such claims, spend most of their free time down the pub getting pissed.

Stereotype much?

You're too blinkered to even bother with buddy

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE
Yissachar1 makes some good points in this thread.

First. the PM is repeating something he said when in opposition. His party has been in government for a short time, so we can only wait and see if he practices what he preaches. I hope so. In my own work I have had to deal with "bogus" immigrants playing the system (they either used the education route or the family of an EU citizen rights route) and it is a big scam.

The left wing media has gone crazy on this today - specifically BBC and Guardian. Most of the people vox pops the media has bothered to ask Q's regarding this were from immigrant families (from what I heard anyway). An example would be a guy complaining that Cameron wants immigrants to learn English (woah) and how did he expect this to happen when cutting public services and English classes/colleges - well.....I was pretty dumbstruck. I didn't realise that it was the responsibility of the govt to fund language classes for immigrants. WTF.

I am too waiting to see if what he said comes into fruition!. I saw the BBC news articles earlier today and of course googled into it a bit.

The immigration fiasco is required to fall in line with the cuts (and other things re previous posts). To make cuts in gvt sponsored language funds feasible you need to slow the amount of people requiring it.

The restrictions of course allow for more vetting time and a overhaul of procedures, inturn, making your work a bit easier!.

I wonder if the rest of europe will follow suit!? could be interesting.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DSSONE

Haha, you're so right. We are all down the pub getting pissed while muslims are all in the bathroom mixing explosives in their bath tubs!
Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Pmsl.
Seen this arguement so many times on ATS and it always goes the same way.

Any nationalist or patriotic sentiment is deemed racist and the usual apologist nonsense from the PC brigade.

The simple fact of the matter is that the open door policy has failed miserably and has only exacerbated the situation.
Regardless of ethnicity and everything else, far too many people now live here.
At a time when times are hard for everyone it is a bitter pill to swallow watching large numbers of people continuing to move here.
Is it any wonder when large numbers of these recent immigrants contribute absolutely nothing to society and seem intent on replicating the #hole that they came from here, pay absolutely no respect for the culture and society that has welcomed them, sheltered them, fed them and educated them free of charge and to a certain extent seem intent on using the very laws and freedoms of their adopted country to alter the very fabric of this country and deny us those self same freedoms.

This has absolutely nothing to do with race or creed, I and the vast majority of British people couldn't give a toss about a person's colour, rather it has everything to do with contributing to a vibrant and diverse society in a respectful and positive way.

We simply can not afford any passengers or free loaders and we have a right to demand respect and civility.

Despite what the apologists and PC brigade may have you believe, this country has a long and proud tradition of welcoming and accepting immigants who have integrated and helped this country grow and develop.
And that's how it should continue.
But what is happening at present is totally unacceptable and should be prevented at all costs.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Hear, hear.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

edit on 14-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: Didn't want to carry on posting in this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
FFS guys...I think we can all agree that Europe and the UK have been pretty much ruled by white people - just like the Chinese people ruled china, and the Indian people ruled India etc - nothing racist about that.
Ofcourse, I agree that illegal immigratiion mainly should be stopped. Cameron is attacking immigration just to attract votes from the far right. Its a natural ass licking thing politicians do. They like to cause controversy and also indirectly incite racial hatred.
The thing about immigration is that we do get 2 types of immigrants:
1) The ones who actually want to come work/improve their life in the UK
2) The ones who do not contribute to British society at all which I think is the main problem. And this should be stopped.

The main concern is that they do not change their lifestyles when they settle in the UK. But then comes the question of what its to be "British". I think it doesn't have a meaning these days because even the native white British people don't exactly know what this British culture really is - is it going to the pub, watching the footie, going clubbing, celebrate the odd saint festival, gossip on celebs, TV etc? - because that is how life is for the majority of people in the UK...
If you're trying to bring up "traditional" British culture 100 years ago, then I got bad news for ya. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.Times have changed so DEAL WITH IT. If some people are foolish enough to want bloodshed to go back to past ways then that couldn't be a more foolish and selfish thing to do.

The thing you should ask yourself is whether you would believe in the media in the first place. We all know how they depict Muslims - that all are violent extremists who shout Allah Woakbar!
Same for immigrants; they are depicted as stealing our jobs and coming to this country relentlessly. Pffft..has an "innocent" immigrant ever attacked you? Robbed you? Been rude to you? Stolen your girlfriend? Stolen your job?

WELL, BOOHOO.

The last time I checked, most immigrants are shrouded in fear on whats gonna happen to them which is a funny thing really considering we all "fear" immigrants!

I thought on ATS we were supposed to deny ignorance?

edit on 14-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join