It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Immigration Dividing The UK says Cameron

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR
reply to post by Yissachar1

You claim white people own England, and that is not racist? Nazis also believed they weren't racist, they just believed they were right.

Erhm, white people do own Britian, Britain is a white country.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Looks like this is going to turn into a "what is English" thread..

how about a small history lesson..
To get us off to a reasonably paced start... and in no particular order...

The Roman conquest of Britain was a gradual process, beginning effectively in AD 43 under Emperor Claudius, whose general Aulus Plautius served as first governor of Britannia. However, Great Britain had already frequently been the target of invasions, planned and actual, by forces of the Roman Republic and Roman Empire. In common with other regions on the edge of the empire, Britain had enjoyed diplomatic and trading links with the Romans in the century since Julius Caesar's expeditions in 55 and 54 BC, and Roman economic and cultural influence was a significant part of the British late pre-Roman Iron Age, especially in the south.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain was the migration of Germanic peoples from continental Europe to Great Britain during the Early Middle Ages, specifically the arrival of the Anglo-Saxons in Britain after the demise of Roman rule in the 5th century. The stimulus, progression and impact of the Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain is subject to considerable disagreement, prompted by varying accounts and evidences. However, the common division of the migrants into Angles, Saxons and Jutes — peoples from Angeln, Old Saxony and Jutland — is derived from the Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum, an 8th-century Latin text written by Bede about Christianity in the Kingdom of England. Additional historical and archaeological research in the early-20th century suggested that a wider range of Germanic peoples from the coasts of Frisia, Lower Saxony, and Sweden may also have moved to Britain in this era.[1] The Anglo-Saxons supplanted Celtic culture and society in much of southern and central Britain, and contributed to the creation of Anglo-Saxon England and the use of the Old English language.

en.wikipedia.org...

Celtic arrival in Britain is usually taken to correspond to Hallstatt influence and the appearance of chariot burials in what is now England from about the 6th century BC. However, several archaeologists including John Waddell suppose there must have been Celtic presence in Britain already in the late Bronze Age, i.e. in mid 2nd millennium BC[12]. Some Iron Age migration does seem to have occurred but the nature of the interactions with the indigenous populations of the isles is unknown. In the late Iron Age Pryor estimates that the population of Britain and Ireland was between 1 and 1.5 million, upon which a smaller number of Celtic-speaking immigrant populations would have installed themseleves as a superstrate. By ca. the 6th century (Sub-Roman Britain), most of the inhabitants of the Isles were speaking Celtic languages of either the Goidelic or the Brythonic branch.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 793, Viking raiders landed near the monastery on Lindisfarne Island and looted it.[6] This began more than two centuries of Viking incursions into England, which was then divided into several kingdoms.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Norman conquest of England began on 28 September 1066 with the invasion of England by William, Duke of Normandy, who became known as William the Conqueror after his victory at the Battle of Hastings on 14 October 1066, defeating the then king Harold II of England. Harold's army was badly depleted in the English victory at the Battle of Stamford Bridge in Northern England on 25 September 1066 over the army of King Harald III of Norway. By early 1071, William had secured control of most of England, although rebellions and resistance continued to approximately 1088.

en.wikipedia.org...

So we're already a very mixed bunch of misfits.. There has been such a mixing of bloodlines over the years that there is no real definition of what, or who, is truly English..
And just because you're born under this banner does not make it so either... It's just a label at the end of it all.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

If the parents were English and white then the child age 1 is English.

If the child wasn't born in England but his parents were, but his parent's parents weren't. What then?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by lifeissacred

Its not pride but love. I did not fight for this country to be turned aside for jobs by forigners. The country is full. Our resources are running out. We are broke. Close the bloody door already!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

If you notice this little "mismash"...they are all white. To a degree anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

And yet all of those examples only equal to a small percentage of people because not many of each settled here, other than the celtic tribes. There have been skeletons found that date back over 10,000 years.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It isn't a matter of where you are born, it is a matter of ethnicity.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Immigration needs to be tied to the current unemployment numbers.
When you need workers (ie unemployment is low) you allow immigration.
When you don't need workers(ie unemployment is high) you don't allow immigration.

It's so simple, even a politician should understand.

link   
reply to post by IronArm

Who said you can't be proud? Im proud of being English, that doesn't mean I need to hate or avoid everyone who isn't the same as me. I'm proud of my ancestors, and hopefully my grand children and great grand children, no matter what colour they are or which faith they choose will be proud too. Populations always have and always will change, both in their ethnicity and in their theological beliefs.

link   
Reply to post by IronArm

Yes and those invaders hardly made a genetic imprint here. We are still essentialy celt

link   

Being proud to be a part of that country. Thats what makes a true Englishman. Sure, being from a lineage is benificial IMO, but saying "I'm English" not, "I'm Mexican, and I live in Britan, Adios!" Makes a big differance.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I didn't spend much time thinking on that, but yeah, you are definately correct. Ireland, England, Scotland, Whales, all Celt, all white, all permanent.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by IronArm

Yes and those invaders hardly made a genetic imprint here. We are still essentialy celt

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly

It isn't a matter of where you are born, it is a matter of ethnicity.

Ethnicity means tradition, you don't have the same tradition as your ancestors, you don't even live like them, you don't have the same tradition as your ancestors, you don't treat women like your ancestors did, you don't trade slaves like your ancestors did, you don't have the same songs etc.. Stop living in the past.

Sorry this is my last post, I think I have gone too far.

Continue..
edit on 14-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by BarmyBilly

You are all kinda missing the point. Yes the white race of England are more connected to this land due to ancestry, England flows threw our blood but this does not mean we have dominance over the country. It is England herself who chooses her people.

We live in a different day and age now. A world wear boundries are blurred, if a person is concecived and born in England they become English and it too flows threw their veins no matter the colour or ancestry because they now hold the future of the nation in their hands.

Its not about the past, its not even about the future, it is about the present.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every
difficulty."

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
HA! how you like it england? welcome to what america has been going through for years now. you try to be nice to other people and get crapped on for it. and if you say anything otherwise, or even try to stake pride in yourself and your culture, you are called a racist.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Haha just found out he made this speech in my little town, wish I would have known before hand I would have gone and asked some serious questions.

In fact I just found out he made the speech in my old school!

ALS
edit on 14-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

No, England did not choose this, England didn't even get a vote! This is all down to those treacherous labour scumbags who did this on purpose in order to keep them in power. Their self interest social engineering and political correctness has made English 2nd rate in our own country. If i had my way the bastards would be swinging by their necks!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've just read through all the posts.... i wasn't really expecting this to turn nasty.... was just posting what i thought was a great speech and one that should be taken note of.... i also hope that they do stick to their word and sort it out....

Some people can't see through the smoke.... others can....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey listen guys/gyals, Britain is a white country!

There you have it, happy now?

Feel free to wave your flags, stomp your bover boots and get pissed all day long.

It won`t change jack, and you know it too.

So you do your s*** and I`ll do mine, it`s called multiculturalism.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join