It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary unemployment rate for African Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Let me ask a few dirty rhetorical questions:

If you have two drivers, one poor-black and one poor-white... and two vehicles:

A) $1000 buick with $2000 of 20" rims and 12" subwoofers
B) $1000 ford van with $2000 of pawn shop purchased tools

Which vehicle is the poor black guy driving?
Which poor man looks richer?
Which poor man is wealthier?

--------------------

Let me ask another dirty rhetorical question:

Who is more concerned about being robbed?

A) A poor guy driving a cheap car with $2000 rims/stereo parks overnight in a poor white neighbourhood.

B) A poor guy driving a cheap van holding $2000 worth of power tools parks overnight in a poor black neighbourhood.

---------------

Perhaps there are cultural issues that need to be addressed before African American unemployment settles out.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
Ok,

First understand that racism in reality of the word itself is a false term. We are all human, all one race...period. next grasp that we are all slaves to the mighty dollar and bank owned corporations. You want to blame something for the fall of black pride and intelligence? blame hip hop.....which is the biggest money maker for corporate america in the black community. lets give lil black girls bad self esteem by making them think its ok to be called ho's and b*tches. lets make it ok to make young black boys think its cool to smoke pot and sell drugs........see where im goin?

Now you know why so many are uneducated and in prison within the black race. Don't blame whitey, blame corporations that earn a buck off of the black superficial material misery. It is driven this way on purpose....because blacks and other minorities are brainwashed into thinking this is how they should act and this is what they should buy. It is starting to effect whites too as this persona of being cool by wearing your pants by your knees and constantly grabbin yer junk to make sure it hasn't fallen off.

You want people to view blacks differently? get mad, and get rid of this hip hop bullsh*t thats doing nothing more than setting your creed back a hundred years. Dont buy into the hype, stop buying the records, invest in artists who aren't drones for a marketing campaign.

And most of all, teach them to stay in school, go to college, and respect women. Thats a start.

No hip hop was fine until whitey corporation got their hands on it. They took a successful act, and demanded everyone else copy from the group of NWA. Before the white corporations took over, hip hop had balance and dropped plenty of knowledge. There are still groups which do so, it's just they aren't advertised as much.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
OK, this is going to sound F'ed up, but its true.

I had a boss that would throw out any aplication that had names like Shawndrell, Foqueefa, Le'Dante.

Just the names themselves scream "ghetto" regardless of what kind of person they were.

Another point that will be ignored...I've also witnessed this.

LOL!!

Again, I am a black woman and this is sooooo true. I even know someone whose name is LaShaNinda(??)

Thats why I named children with more 'not- so- lower- class' names....no offense to my race but we know how we do...

Plus I know lots of peers with tattoos on their necks, clown red hair and Freddy Kruger nails.....

Not offending my race, just being brutally honest

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by i am just saying
Blacks don't work because most of them don't like to work (except blacks from other countries and not born and raised in America).

Their unemployment rate is self inflicted and always has been.

Glad you can speak for all blacks...

I've had employers tell me not to send anyone over who has "dreads"...

Yeah who knew dreadlocks would be an issue at job interviews..............

BTW most of the people I know with dreads are white

You must not know any black people then...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
The workforce is competition.

In competition the best rise to the top.

Wonderful response! A man after my own heart. (without being queer....)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

hehe I knew a girl in High school named Tequila, but she pronounced it te-qweela

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I can tell by the OPINIONS and COMMENTS (because thats exactly what they are) that half the people posting on this thread are racist. Just spewing out idiotic statements that make no sense. Grow up.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What is freaking me out about this is why is the rate the highest out of all the race and or groups and why has it been this way for so long? Is it a conspiracy? is it just and educational thing?? Is it the republican motto "you need to pull yourself up by the bootstrap"? Is it a poverty finacial thing??

Has anybody seen the black teen unemployment rate??? I would rather be locked ina dark room and have to watch the exocerist then see the number.

Like anything, I'm sure it's a combination of factors...and it isn't just among blacks that you'll find the disparity. My assumption is that you'll find a similar case on any population group that correlates to birth rates. Groups with a higher birthrate are going to skew the statistics, for starters...when projecting a trend.

In addition, you have to factor in the activities these folks (of any racial group) are involved in that aren't work (such as gang activity, etc.). I'm fairly certain, for example, that you'd see a higher percentage of young blacks and latinos involved in gang activity (and so, not likely holding down a job) which would also affect these statistics.

Then, factor in the education and poverty factors (which again, could correlate to birthrate) and the answers emerge.

It isn't one factor, and it isn't a conspiracy. More mouths to feed, more babies out of wedlock, more gang activity, etc. are going to lead to a lower standard of living, and more unemployment, less educational opportunities, etc., etc.

It isn't just young blacks, but many different groups that are also experiencing the same. The overall number is higher than other affected groups (like latinos and immigrants) just as a consequence of population. There are plenty of whites that are also going around in gangs, having multiple kids out of wedlock, that end up being state-supported, etc., but just not the majority, so this is why the overall number is skewed.

Of course, YOU shouldn't let any statistic define YOU. Each person, regardless of race, religion, etc. is responsible for making their own way. I have had the good fortune to grow up in different parts of the world, and I can tell you that NO situation is UNIQUE to one racial or population group, anywhere....and we ALL are capable of being good people. I know good atheists, Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. and good blacks, whites, orientals, latinos, etc. and count them all as friends. Unfortunately, this same upbringing sometimes makes me a bit ignorant of the prejudice that still occurs (hard for me to get, as I went to school with kids from over a hundred different countries), but in the end, we're all just human.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How did those numbers shock you?
I know personally over 100 black people.
all are unemployed...
They was unemployed before all of this crap hit the fan too..

Then when they said they was gonna give a year of unemployment..
they all basically went out and worked for a few months.
So they could draw the 1 year free pay and foodstamps.

I know it sounds stereo typical..but in all the black people i know i can swear in a court of law that this is what they did.
I cant blame em if obama lets em go for it.

I know not all have done it this way..
But the majority has.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

hehe I knew a girl in High school named Tequila, but she pronounced it te-qweela

LOL!...Wow

Why oh why do we name our children with more than 3 vowels???

Or names of cars?

Or names of alcoholic beverages?

Anyways, I can also attest to the fact most of my race tends to look down on blacks who speak proper English....like myself

We're told that we are trying to be 'white'.

I have known people that have went to job interviews dressed for 'da club' or speaking slang...seriously.

Yes my race was oppressed for years..but honestly, that was a long time ago.

I am all for welfare AS A TEMPORARY TOOL not a lifestyle..

You wanna know what assistance is available for welfare recipients?

Free Food.........Cash.......Free childcare.......Free medical care.........Free Dental care (for children).......$800 towards a vehicle.......Free cell phone/home phone.........Gas Vouchers.........Free bus passes.......Free tax preparation.........Section 8 (Free housing paid for by the gov't)...

and I could start a thread on Section 8

And the more children a single mother has, the more every benefit increases (????)

As I heard a black activist say once, "If I'm sitting on a stool and you push me down, shame on you. But if you come back the next day and I'm still on the floor, shame on me".

edit on 4-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ok, this subject can be unPC, and while there are many hard working and educated blacks(and many uneducated and lazy whites), I find there is exists a large anti-work victim mentality that exists among many blacks, that see it more to their way to hustle than to work a regular job, and may see it as "working for the man", and too many, and especially the younger generation have believed this, and been raised in a broken home on government assistence with their "heroes" promoting a crime life, and glorifying it. So, many get taunted if they try to do well in school and accused of acting white, because of this, and reading a book, and are told they should instead be out on the corner with their homies smoking weed or selling crack. Now, as I have said, that's not all, of course, many strive and do well and overcome, but it is a fact that this mentality does exist, and it does exist to a larger proportion than in the white culture.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
Ok, this subject can be unPC, and while there are many hard working and educated blacks(and many uneducated and lazy whites), I find there is exists a large anti-work victim mentality that exists among many blacks, that see it more to their way to hustle than to work a regular job, and may see it as "working for the man", and too many, and especially the younger generation have believed this, and been raised in a broken home on government assistence with their "heroes" promoting a crime life, and glorifying it. So, many get taunted if they try to do well in school and accused of acting white, because of this, and reading a book, and are told they should instead be out on the corner with their homies smoking weed or selling crack. Now, as I have said, that's not all, of course, many strive and do well and overcome, but it is a fact that this mentality does exist, and it does exist to a larger proportion than in the white culture.

I agree, and once again I AM A BLACK WOMAN

Rarely can I discuss this issue amongst my race, as I get called a 'sell out' if I do.

I have come to realize some things are our own faults, and that's just that. You are correct that some blacks have broken the 'curse' placed upon us and have become successful model citizens for our community..

but we are the minority

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I expect white people to take care of blacks for another 200 years to settle the debt from the last 2 centuries.

Actually, it's more like the last millennium.
edit on 4/4/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Finally got to the end of this thread...lemme drop some knowledge...

Black Americans (which we really should stop calling ourselves because it gives credence to our strawman) are in a very peculiar positon. We're forced to live amongst the peoples who previously persecuted and discriminated against us. We're basically the slaves that have been freed from the castles dungeons, but still reside within the castle walls. Do we really expect the people that previously beat us to fully allow us to come sit at their same table? Is the King now ready to have someone who was cleaning his bathroom share his bedroom...or will he insure the former slaves remain in the dungeon, free...but in the dungeon?

There's a conspiracy against blacks that has been in effect for some time now. It is being perpetrated by PTB who are white and they are passing it down to their kids. Most people, black and white, are not aware of this conspiracy. It's the reason a lot of white people take the attitude of, "Yeah, yeah, cry me a river!". They haven't added 2+2 and drawn this conclusion. They can't see it, and actually, they may not know that they're not too many notches above black people as far as TPTB are concerned.

This conspiracy is responsible for keeping black Americans down. This conspiracy is reinforced in our schools, where blacks are basically shown they were slaves, were beaten, were freed and that's it. That they should be glad they were rescued from Afrika and spear-chuckin. That is the picture that a young black child has drawn in their minds from a young age. That picture is a difficult thing to swallow and over-come, growing up thinking your ancestors were bushmen with bones in their noses. Then majestic white people came with technology, stole you, brought you to America where you were slaves for many years. However in the end you were freed so be grateful you're in America now and not still in 3rd World Afrika.

The LIE is that whites DID NOT bring civilization to the world FIRST! Black people (HUE MAN'S to be specific) were the people that first conquered this planet, long before the first white person ever existed! Science and TPTB are terribly afraid of this information being widely distrubited. They always have been! They have gone to GREAT lengths to keep this information lost.

Firstly, I'd like to tell many black people, that we weren't all brought over here on white slave ships. WE WERE ALL READY living here!!! We already had settlements here along with our descendents the Native American's. Many people do not realize how much stuff was burned down or destroyed or sent to the Vatican's vault when America was settled by white Europeans.

That's one of the first lies, that the schools and media and science has been continuing. Every now and then something slips out, a few of us read it, and then it disappears. Like, does anyone recall how 2 years ago it hit the media that artifacts were found in South America, Afrikan artifacts to be exact? The problem was that the artifacts pre-dated the Spaniards and everyone else by thousands of years.

Look at many of the artifacts and sculptures from say Egypt, clearly negroid features...well until such practices as shooting the nose off are enacted. I've even read that indeed we have been to outer-space but low and behold, sculptures were found on the moon and mars with negroid features!!!

Look up the terms moor or muur to begin piecing together the REAL history of Earth! The original inhabitants of this planet are black people. Thousands and thousands of years ago, we were just as advanced if not more so than we are now. Actually, we were more advanced, just in a different manner. We understood the power of our melanin. What happened then, I'm not done with the studies, but I know we began falling from grace. Some type of internal conflict. It's being argued that either a segment of us did some experimentation and turned ourselves white, or there was alien intervention.

The alien intervention states that white people were created by the greys to conquer this planet. The other story is that we original black people were conducting genetic experiments and made some black people lose their melanin. I don't know which one is for certain, but this goes into my next declaration.

Everything black people are going through now, is merely karma. We are being paid back for what we once did to white people. It's the history that isn't advertised for certain reasons. Until black people get past the "white man is holding us down and their day is coming" mentality, things will never be right on this planet.

I'll finish this later...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
The workforce is competition.

In competition the best rise to the top.

Wonderful response! A man after my own heart. (without being queer....)

If this is the case...I hate to see what happens when black people decide to be the best at everything. I mean when we decide to be the best in football, golf, tennis, music, whatever...we're always the best.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Thats all fine and dandy! All I know is if i get called NI**ER one more time, im gonna come unglued! Im not gangster. I have a degree. I dont wear my pants sagging or portrait myself as some hip-hop star. I even have two patents on file with the USPTO ( my attempt to further electric vehicle drivetrain technology). I have an assortment of friends, white, mexican, and black. All of whom have degrees, and we share in like minded conversations of innovations in airspace technologies as well as ground transportation. The crazy thing here is there have been many times we have been out and about and they have had to endure racist comments towards me. Simply because ...LOL...im black. Will admit truth to a statement that was produced earlier in this thread. Minorities do use the Armed forces as a way to escape thier environments. Im in the Army. Born and raised in Washington D.C. I dont think I would have made it this far, and by that I mean up right and breathing had I not used the Army to pull me out of there. I had two parents. that worked like crazy people to make ends meet. Naturaly with no one to keep an eye on me. The streets took me in and attempted to fold me into the madness. I didnt like it so I got ghost, for lack of better words. Unemplyment is an issue for all people of the US at this day and age. Skin color does pose a problem. I have also learned that having the right circle of friends and associates opens up doors to internal networking. I was lucky enough to escape the pending doom of my environmental upbringing. I was brave enough seek higher knowledge by way of college and personal hunger for truth in science. My blessing came however, in the fact that I would be surrounded by good people of different colors whom all had the same mind set." lets together make the world better". Unfortunately as I've said we run into racist but what can we do. Uneployment will only get worse I believe. On a side note I believe at the top a persone color doesnt matter. Its whether you are human or not...And who is protecting you if you are human. After all....lol....its all who you know. S&F to the OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
How did those numbers shock you?
I know personally over 100 black people.
all are unemployed...
They was unemployed before all of this crap hit the fan too..

Then when they said they was gonna give a year of unemployment..
they all basically went out and worked for a few months.
So they could draw the 1 year free pay and foodstamps.

I know it sounds stereo typical..but in all the black people i know i can swear in a court of law that this is what they did.
I cant blame em if obama lets em go for it.

I know not all have done it this way..
But the majority has.

If this wasn't ATS, I'd say something else to you, but you're a darn lie if you know 100 black people and they were all unemployed before this and after this. Hell I'm black and I can't say that!

I can show the holes in your statement if I wanted. Firstly, you have to work more than a few months to earn enough credit for unemployment. Even so, if they all ran out and got minimum wage jobs, the benefits they would get if they qualified for unemployment would be laughable. And anyone can qualify for foodstamps without working.

Your white hood is hanging out your back pocket...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The issue is, why shouldn't we be able to? Why do we have to dance for jobs?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

You are spot on, and I agree with this post!

This is what infuriates me....

If more of my race would read and become more interested in our history, we would be rise so far above and beyond.

I'd hate to think of what those strong, ruling African Dynasties would feel if they could see us now.....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

OP I wouldn't worry about it. Meet the press is probably spreading disinfo. I hate the MSM.

I mean if they aren't and unemployment is that bad...well we as a country are fu**ed.
edit on 4/4/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join