It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary unemployment rate for African Americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
reply to post by ButterCookie

The issue is, why shouldn't we be able to? Why do we have to dance for jobs?

I wouldn't call it 'dancing'....but you have to admit that we could do much better as a race.

For example, people got mad over what Bill Cosby stated as if he was wrong.

take me for example: I am a Beautiful Black woman who no longer wears her hair 'permed' (as I consider that 'looking European'). I wear a natural Beautiful afro and have worn it to job interviews.

I don't believe that we have to tone down our native culture or be someone that we're not, but some of us have developed a 'ghetto ' culture that we indeed should be ashamed of.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
The workforce is competition.

In competition the best rise to the top.

Wonderful response! A man after my own heart. (without being queer....)

If this is the case...I hate to see what happens when black people decide to be the best at everything. I mean when we decide to be the best in football, golf, tennis, music, whatever...we're always the best.

About 70 years ago, there was this guy who shared your "we're the Master Race" philosophy to a 'T'.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
Ok, this subject can be unPC, and while there are many hard working and educated blacks(and many uneducated and lazy whites), I find there is exists a large anti-work victim mentality that exists among many blacks, that see it more to their way to hustle than to work a regular job, and may see it as "working for the man", and too many, and especially the younger generation have believed this, and been raised in a broken home on government assistence with their "heroes" promoting a crime life, and glorifying it. So, many get taunted if they try to do well in school and accused of acting white, because of this, and reading a book, and are told they should instead be out on the corner with their homies smoking weed or selling crack. Now, as I have said, that's not all, of course, many strive and do well and overcome, but it is a fact that this mentality does exist, and it does exist to a larger proportion than in the white culture.

Yes, many people especially black males are waking up to the lie that has been sold to us.

This going to school and getting an education so you can go work on a white mans job until you die is LIE. And most people are too blind to realize this. It's a lie started by the devil (not really) and has been reinforced by the PTB for thousands of years. When in reality, people aren't designed to live like this.

Yeah, we have to work, but it was meant to be for yourself and your own benefit. Not so someone else can earn millions and then turn around and oppress you!

What many black males are seeking, is freedom and disconnect from this matrix...and they don't even know it. Their actions just show it. That is what selling drugs and hustlin does. Neither of the occupations are easy, and I know because I've done them. It's just as hard work, if not harder, plus you're taking the chance of incarceration or death! So it's a lie that it's easy money.

In actuality, the drug dealers are the ones brave enough to say ##ck you to the system and free themselves. White America hates this however, because someone is needed to salt fries and sweep floors.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

why is the rate the highest out of all the race and or groups and why has it been this way for so long?

You act surprised? But the minorities have proven themselves, that they can't be a part of a working, and free society. They are to dependent on " free money " issued by the USG..Which is nothing more than wealth redistribution and a burden on the tax payer.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

If this is the case...I hate to see what happens when black people decide to be the best at everything. I mean when we decide to be the best in football, golf, tennis, music, whatever...we're always the best.

About 70 years ago, there was this guy who shared your "we're the Master Race" philosophy to a 'T'.

Hmmm...what happened to that guy...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

What many black males are seeking, is freedom and disconnect from this matrix...and they don't even know it. Their actions just show it.

Nah, there not looking for disconnect....just looking for another hand out~ One in which they dont have to work for. Entitlements is the mantra!
edit on 4-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

Hmmm...what happened to that guy...

Thank you for making my point!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You want the truth? It is a class thing, you want some proof? Try checking out the unemployment rate for veteran's!
The majority of vet's is middle to lower class, I know because I am a vet and so are all my friends. We are all shot, and either homeless or jobless or F'n dead. Most of my friends just dropped of the map and are not even in the VA system. In the military I was told we are all the same color due to the uniform, that just leave's class baby, that is all we really had in common. " some develope star spangled eye's....... ohh they'll send you down to war..... and when you ask them how much to give........oohh they'll only ask for more..more...more.....! Credence Clear Water.
peace brother!
edit on 4-4-2011 by TheApachekid because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by TheApachekid because: none of your ...fn biz

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

why is the rate the highest out of all the race and or groups and why has it been this way for so long?

You act surprised? But the minorities have proven themselves, that they can't be a part of a working, and free society. They are to dependent on " free money " issued by the USG..Which is nothing more than wealth redistribution and a burden on the tax payer.

Please kill this lie, at least where you live at. Inform your friends and associates of the truth. THERE ISN'T ANYONE IN AMERICA dependent upon "free money". I work in welfare and unemployment...there isn't anyone dependent upon that. If they were they would only live 48 months, which is the maximum time anyone can receive welfare.

So please go share this with your friends who sit around crying about wealth redistribution and theft. As many of my customers tell me, "Mr. Wright...how am I supposed to raise two kids off $170 per month?"

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by DZAG Wright

What many black males are seeking, is freedom and disconnect from this matrix...and they don't even know it. Their actions just show it.

Nah, there not looking for disconnect....just looking for another hand out~ One in which they dont have to work for. Entitlements is the mantra!
edit on 4-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

A hand out from who? What type of handout? Is that handout enough to prosper from?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

As you mine!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

A hand out? Im a black male. What would welfare possibly do for me. Im in the military and own my own business. Again, please explain to me where I am looking for a hand out? You my friend perpetuate the machine.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Let's just say...if a white person and a black person with the same qualifications apply for the same job Im guessing the white person is gonna get that job.

Doubtful. Affirmative action requires x amount of minorities. There is no provision for white persons. Therefore the likelihood of a black American getting hired with the same qualifications or even less is the norm.

I guess they call it reverse discrimination in some circles. I say it's suckage whatever you call it.

I've also seen what the one poster said about the black community berating fellow students who excel in academics.

In this day and age it's really bizarre why this is still so taboo of a topic that people wont recognize problems with society and change them.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Please kill this lie, at least where you live at. Inform your friends and associates of the truth. THERE ISN'T ANYONE IN AMERICA dependent upon "free money". I work in welfare and unemployment...there isn't anyone dependent upon that. If they were they would only live 48 months, which is the maximum time anyone can receive welfare.

So please go share this with your friends who sit around crying about wealth redistribution and theft. As many of my customers tell me, "Mr. Wright...how am I supposed to raise two kids off $170 per month?"

I hardly buy into your statement:

I work in welfare and unemployment

You claim and I quote:

how am I supposed to raise two kids off $170 per month?

Now I know your full of it! Just in the state of California, ( no thats not where im at ), the welfare dept pays out 645.00 per kid! Now, since most recipients on welfare have more than one child, thats nearly 1300.00 a month for 2 kids, not inlcuding food stamps, ( which they are certainly going to be on), which is another 500.00 a month.

However, a basic average guideline for the food stamp program will show that an average family of 4 can expect an amount up to $500 per month for food stamps. This figure will greatly vary based on the age of the family members and medical needs. A single person household will show an expected average of up to $200 per month.

And for your information, when you take from the the tax payer, whether through taxes or door to door, that is redistribution of another mans labor. is this to much for you to comprehend? Its basic welfare 101?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

reply to post by ButterCookie

I wouldn't call it 'dancing'....but you have to admit that we could do much better as a race.

For example, people got mad over what Bill Cosby stated as if he was wrong.

take me for example: I am a Beautiful Black woman who no longer wears her hair 'permed' (as I consider that 'looking European'). I wear a natural Beautiful afro and have worn it to job interviews.

I don't believe that we have to tone down our native culture or be someone that we're not, but some of us have developed a 'ghetto ' culture that we indeed should be ashamed of.

I'll admit we can get outrageous with the names...

I'm glad to hear you wear a natural beauty fro...i'm always drawn to women with natural hair.

I agree that the ghetto culture needs to be extinguished. What happened is that black people were so tired of being played as second class in society, that they then embraced the ghetto lifestyle. It's akin to a technique I use in life, I often tell people they can't embarrass me because I have no shame. I invented this technique while in school to deal with bullies and comics. People don't waste time trying to front me or harrass me...it doesn't move a thing for me.

Well black people got tired of being shame that they live in ghetto's and projects, so they flipped the script and made living in ghetto's and projects COOL! For a while, you had EVERYONE wanting to say they grew up in the ghetto, black, brown and white.

See this is talent that black people have. We can take nothing and turn it into something. However once this happens, white people swoop down, and place their stamp upon it. Reference any cool thing in America.

Getting back to the ghetto attitude...what happened is that we took it too far. Now it is once again embarrassing and needs to be reigned in.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The LIE is that whites DID NOT bring civilization to the world FIRST! Black people (HUE MAN'S to be specific) were the people that first conquered this planet, long before the first white person ever existed! Science and TPTB are terribly afraid of this information being widely distrubited. They always have been! They have gone to GREAT lengths to keep this information lost.

Firstly, I'd like to tell many black people, that we weren't all brought over here on white slave ships. WE WERE ALL READY living here!!! We already had settlements here along with our descendents the Native American's. Many people do not realize how much stuff was burned down or destroyed or sent to the Vatican's vault when America was settled by white Europeans.

There are so many historical inaccuracies in that rant, that it's hard to even know where to begin.

First off, the Native Americans are in no way descended from Africans. It is largely accepted (and can easily be seen in the form of facial structure, hair type, etc.) that the native inhabitants of North and South America are more descended from Pacific Islanders / Asians than anybody else.

A twenty-year study has some additional findings: the DNA of migrant Natives are more like each other than they are like Asian populations. What this points to is an initial migration out of Asia, then a semi-permanent settlement, then other waves of migration. The semi-permanent settlement lasted thousands of years.
The study was published in the May 2009 issue of Molecular Biology and Evolution, which means it’s all about DNA, mitochondria, and alleles (genetic variants).
So…Native Americans definitely originated from Asia. Then walked across the bridge and hung out for a few thousand years. Then they started walking again.

greathistory.com...

As for building civilization, this was more by those in the Middle East (which are pretty distinctly different in heritage) than Africans. Granted, Egypt is technically IN Africa, but the people there who built the pyramids, etc. were more identifiable with modern day Arabs than modern Africans. True, the Egyptians had advanced math and sciences while the Europeans were still warring with each other and being superstitious, but this state of affairs didn't last forever.

The European empires (specifically the British, the Spanish, and the French (and to a lesser extent, the Dutch) spread out and colonized the world. There is no evidence that Africans existed as a cultural presence in the Americas prior to being brought there during the slave trade. As for plundering the Americas, the Native Americans had little to plunder, existing in an almost caveman-like society. The South Americans, on the other hand, were advanced, and yes, the Spaniards mostly did loot them pretty well, mostly gold. However, even a quick look at a Mayan or Toltec's features etc. will show straight black hair, shorter height, and the facial features of a Pacific Islander...not an African.

In the end though, the whole argument of who built what, who was first in anything, etc., is all moot, as what matters is the current state of affairs.

Of course, eventually none of it will matter, because it will be hard to blame "the man" for anything when whites are a minority. Something I'll likely be seeing in my lifetime. Then who will the fingers be pointed at?

edit on 4-4-2011 by Gazrok because: added links

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A year ago I tried to get a job at Mcdonalds and was turned away. When I looked at the people that were working there most were adults over 25! The job market is so bad it is hard for teens, especially african american teens to get jobs that teens traditionally held.
White and Black Americans have been here the longest (included some chinese and irish) and yet we have the biggest racial divide?
It's confusing and on top of that African Americans are not even the largest minority group in the United
States.

I think that whole slavery issue still rules Americans to this day. And unfortunately it seems it always will.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you for your insight. Very well presented. Also did you know, historically speaking...in the days of the slaves, many africans in the US don't want to acknowledge that it was their very own people, ( blacks ) who sold them out...and sold them off. The finger is constantly pointed at the evil ' white man"....not fully understanding that their own man sold them out.....sad really~

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The truth of the matter is this, Black Americans live a culture that is destructive. Slavery is done, stop bringing that crap up. Only people who still pumping that bull is people who are ignorant to the real social issues in current times.. All civilizations of people had slavery, let go of the burden and lets keep it pushing and elevate.

The fabric of Black America is being destroyed, by who you ask? By my own people! The whole white man is keeping me down is being used as a scapegoat to continue the culture of poverty. Don't you dare blame it on slavery either. I understand it got the ball rolling on hurting the black family structure, but me as a black man I understand that I have to make changes in the moment and help my current and future family when I decide to start my own family.

On the topic of family,from my personal experience of having many African and Black Americans friends I have observed that the African family unit is more stronger and divorce is lower compared to Blacks, Majority of Blacks grow up in single parent households which weakens the children support system. My point is when people lack the first line support from family the children suffer from it, then the cycle continues.

Black Americans don't value education as much as others, growing up it is cool to cut class, deal in drugs( selling or buying ), and drink alcohol. This led to high drop out rates which in returned left many unqualified when becoming a adult, again contributing to the Unemployment rate, it starts early.

About 75% of all my friends and peers have had one or more children before they were able to even stabilize a decent salary for THEMSELVES. Fathers cant provide for their children then child support kicks in, percentage of money is taken out their checks. I have heard from all ranges of men, contemplating quitting their jobs or going off the books so they can't take money out because they are tired of working for free with little to take care of their selves. Do you know how many men are in jail for being dead beats or failing to properly document their payments to their childrens mothers? More than you know. Unwanted pregnancy is a epidemic, so many great potentials destroyed by a baby.

The media culture that Black Americans indulge in is poison, by the age of 14 males are constantly showed images of drug dealing, strip clubs, alcohol, and driving nice cars. Females are taught that it is the norm. to be abused, dressed like a whore, and treated like property.

Want to see how social pressures and lack of knowledge can destroy a very promising human being? Let me tell you about a close friend of mines.

Abused as a child, sent to child services and returned back to his mother at 13. His mother dealt heavily in drugs to pay rent. Had 6 siblings all around the same age by multiple men who are no where to be found. Active gang member and also star football player. During his last year of highschool he had 2 classes left to complete but decided to not finish his education and dropped out. Never got his GED since and has been in and out of jail multiple times for various felonies. Out of all the negatives in his situation, he decided to not finish is education. He regrets his decisions as a teenager and wish he had the proper wisdom or guidance in his support system to steer his inexperienced self back then. Combined with his athletics and education he could of gained a college education and set some precedence in his family and community that could of made a real difference. This guy had aspirations but got lost along the way.

To sum it up, its not the white man or slavery that contributes to the social problems of Black America. It is the lack of proper support and education that is keeping so many smart and talented young individuals from reaching heights they should be hitting to be more suitable and qualified for the working world.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Enve718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I hardly buy into your statement:

I work in welfare and unemployment

You claim and I quote:

how am I supposed to raise two kids off $170 per month?

Now I know your full of it! Just in the state of California, ( no thats not where im at ), the welfare dept pays out 645.00 per kid! Now, since most recipients on welfare have more than one child, thats nearly 1300.00 a month for 2 kids, not inlcuding food stamps, ( which they are certainly going to be on), which is another 500.00 a month.

However, a basic average guideline for the food stamp program will show that an average family of 4 can expect an amount up to $500 per month for food stamps. This figure will greatly vary based on the age of the family members and medical needs. A single person household will show an expected average of up to $200 per month.

And for your information, when you take from the the tax payer, whether through taxes or door to door, that is redistribution of another mans labor. is this to much for you to comprehend? Its basic welfare 101?

Lemme give you the screen shot from my work page:

Welcome to the One-Stop Service Tracking (OSST) system's log-on screen.

If you are a Food Stamp Employment and Training (FSET) program participant and received a letter asking you to log onto the system in June 2009, we want to provide you with some new information. The FSET program is now a "volunteer" program. If you are getting food stamps, you can choose to participate in activities.

If you are a Welfare Transition (WT) or Food Stamp Employment and Training (FSET) program staff member, you can log into the system and enter information on individual cases. You can also review reports in the OSST system.

One-Stop Service Tracking (OSST) Login

New User

Login Information

[ Enter User ID and Password Below ]

* User ID
* Password

Forgot
Forgot
==============================================================================

As I was saying...as high as things are in California...NO DAM WAY SOMEONE GETTING $600 per month per child in welfare!!! Stop listening to those Reagan liars about welfare queens. The amount of welfare some receives is obtained using the minimum wage number!

The average someone will receive is $60-$90 per month. After the 4th child I believe the increase is lowered.

Do you think it's flowers and roses feeding a household of 4 with $500 of foodstamps per month? I have a household of 3 and that wouldn't feed us comfortably!

You do know that everyone is tax payor, even the people receiving welfare? They don't buy their items tax free you know?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join