It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary unemployment rate for African Americans

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I must ask do you believe Jesus was Black then? Reason I say this is because black people tend to want to claim all of Africa as if there is only one color of skin there.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enve718

I must ask do you believe Jesus was Black then? Reason I say this is because black people tend to want to claim all of Africa as if there is only one color of skin there.

Well, according to the bible, that was AFRICAN land and describing AFRICAN beings....

link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

They don't pay taxes because they don't have any money to pay taxes on...what's so hard to understand about that? You can't draw water from a rock...

Keep on blaming poor people while kissing the azz of rich people. A joke someone posted a while back:

A rich person, a middle class person and a poor person are sitting to a table with a dozen cookies in the middle. The rich person reaches out and takes 11 of the cookies. He looks to the middle class person and says, "Watch out that poor person is eyeing your cookie!"

People who have a problem with welfare recepients are cowards. They feel tough enough to raise hell against poor people who are weaker, but they bow down and boot lick wealthy people. Scust...

link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I agree with you. Whats more, who cares? Unemployment is too high for everyone and leave it at that.

There is not another country on this planet where a small ethinic minority (12%) has been:

President
Secretary of State
Secretary of Defense
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Attorney General
Numerous other Executive Branch Secretarys
Senior members of the Congress, holding significant posts, such as head of Ways and Means
Heads of major corporations such as Merril Lynch and American Express
Among the highest paid and revered figures in sports and entertainment

How about we look at what works - its no mystery. How about we take a look at the black family in the 1950s when racism was much worse and look at the trends at that time and take a look at it now. In the 50s, blacks had a lower divorce rate than whites, today over 70% of black kids are born to single, unwed mothers. You need to look no further at the problem, since that is the foundational element. You only need to take a look at what cause the distintigration of the black family to understand crime rates, illiteracy, unemployment and what caused it was purposeful intervention on the part of the government into the fabric of the black family. It is illogical to suggest that institutional racism is the cause, since in a number of material areas, there has without a doubt been a significant decline in racism. Anyone with kids today knows that racism is far less than it was at a time when blacks were in many areas doing much better.

Don't have a child unless you can support him/her
Don't have a child and raise it with out a male role model in their life
Don't do drugs
Get an education
Take and active role in the growth and development of your kid.

Nothing in any society prevents you from doing the above and in fact, those things were being done in the black community 50 years ago.

It is the passionate articulation of excuses on the part of white liberals and the creation of programs that enabled the family to disintegrate and created a cultural atmosphere where non-integration with the mores that have been identified and proven to lead to success in this country that has cause the problem and allowed it to gwow.

No program can solve this problem. It needs to be solved internally within the black community.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

What USG handouts are you accepting? Think carefully before you answer...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Enve718

Real quick just to give you something you may want to study on...

Part of the trap is claiming any label, be it "black", "Afrikan American", or whatever. By acknowledging we're any of those labels, we give power to the Beast. We were around before those labels were created...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by FarArcher

I agree with you. Whats more, who cares? Unemployment is too high for everyone and leave it at that.

There is not another country on this planet where a small ethinic minority (12%) has been:

President
Secretary of State
Secretary of Defense
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Attorney General
Numerous other Executive Branch Secretarys
Senior members of the Congress, holding significant posts, such as head of Ways and Means
Heads of major corporations such as Merril Lynch and American Express
Among the highest paid and revered figures in sports and entertainment

How about we look at what works - its no mystery. How about we take a look at the black family in the 1950s when racism was much worse and look at the trends at that time and take a look at it now. In the 50s, blacks had a lower divorce rate than whites, today over 70% of black kids are born to single, unwed mothers. You need to look no further at the problem, since that is the foundational element. You only need to take a look at what cause the distintigration of the black family to understand crime rates, illiteracy, unemployment and what caused it was purposeful intervention on the part of the government into the fabric of the black family. It is illogical to suggest that institutional racism is the cause, since in a number of material areas, there has without a doubt been a significant decline in racism. Anyone with kids today knows that racism is far less than it was at a time when blacks were in many areas doing much better.

Don't have a child unless you can support him/her
Don't have a child and raise it with out a male role model in their life
Don't do drugs
Get an education
Take and active role in the growth and development of your kid.

Nothing in any society prevents you from doing the above and in fact, those things were being done in the black community 50 years ago.

It is the passionate articulation of excuses on the part of white liberals and the creation of programs that enabled the family to disintegrate and created a cultural atmosphere where non-integration with the mores that have been identified and proven to lead to success in this country that has cause the problem and allowed it to gwow.

No program can solve this problem. It needs to be solved internally within the black community.

Well said.

Second line.......

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I really don't even contemplate Jesus (which wasn't his real name anyway).

At one time, there was only one color skin there. We all (even white people I believe, unless they were indeed created) come from black Afrika.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Minorities are given weighted preference in most situations with regards to education and employment. Many minorities are anti-white, or at least think the whites owe them something to compensate for the illusion of oppression when in fact it is their own lack of motivation and self esteem that is holding them back. The minority members that aren't anti-white, and actually get that this is actually an equal society and try to work with the system instead of take advantage of it, are viewed upon by their peers as being traitors to their race and are held back by their own race.

MLKjr's Dream has come and passed and the only people paying attention and were willing to let the past live where it belongs were the whites.

edit on 4/3/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

You're view on the situation seems quite valid i must say i think you summed it up pretty well here! I agree with your point on this because i think it is prevalent in our time everywhere even in Canada along with the U.S especially with the Natives and Canada being so multicultural and all especially here in Ontario

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

I really don't even contemplate Jesus (which wasn't his real name anyway).

At one time, there was only one color skin there. We all (even white people I believe, unless they were indeed created) come from black Afrika.

Yep!!! Jesus is a hispanic name.

And the other biblical characters had Anglo -saxon names in place of their African names:

Mary....Tim...Peter....Paul.....John

in the place of

Isis.....Horus.....Amen-Ra......Marduk......Osiris (and Enlil, Enki, etc....but that'll be waaay over some folks' heads)

All that choppin' and screwin' happened at the Council of Nicea

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Did someone invoke Bill Cosby's name?
Here is a video where he finds out
that he was the first black man
to shoot at a white man on TV.

As a white boy I say that
Cosby is a hero, and
helped to raise me.

David Grouchy
edit on 4-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Beeing poor isn't an easy thing to over come. Being black and poor is probobly even harder.

I've seen companies that flat out discriminate against people based on color of skin. They call this the land of oppertunity and we're brainwashed with the notion of the American dream from the time we're born. But for some people it's not obtainable.

It's hard to get an education when you have to put food on the table. Some turn to crime others other work full time minimum wage jobs to keep thier family afloat.

I'm white and I know all about being poor.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Yep!!! Jesus is a hispanic name.

And the other biblical characters had Anglo -saxon names in place of their African names:

Mary....Tim...Peter....Paul.....John

in the place of

Isis.....Horus.....Amen-Ra......Marduk......Osiris (and Enlil, Enki, etc....but that'll be waaay over some folks' heads)

All that choppin' and screwin' happened at the Council of Nicea

Oh, oh...you better stop because you're droppin too much knowledge. Some peoples heads will explode....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

LOL!!!

You must know!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by LadySkadi

There is a phenomena called "culture of poverty" it is real and it applies to many populations....

It is real and I have seen it. Kids do not think "outside the box" meanwhile we have a "group" telling them "Whitey" or the "Rich" STOLE from them and they are now "owed" a living or whatever. I have certainly run into THAT mentality and not only with Blacks.

It is all part of the divide and conquer propaganda of the Bankster/elite.

It may actually be more sinister then elite propaganda. Since it's perpetuated by the family, not usually outside influences. It's the family and social group itself, that works to keep all members in line and will act together to effectively keep those who wish to break free, from doing so. Not saying this explains everything, but there is a subset within many, if not all populations (not just Black) where this does happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by 88solarman88
I blame African Americans and the government.

If African Americans hate living in USA then they should see whats jobs are available in Africa, I mean if they still class themselves as "African" that shouldnt be a problem right?

But they wouldn't dare do that...there world of entitlements doesn't exist in Africa! BWAHAHAHA!!

LOL..Thats so racist....geez.

I knew someone would pull the " racist " card....that was inevitable! You lack the ability to conjure up a constructive thought, to rebuke my comments, so your only means is the " racist " card? BWAHAHAH!! typical....so typical!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Im not white.. and Im not black. I have a little different perspective.

WHat whites dont understand because its never happened to them or they have never been present when it has happened is that black leadership is holding the entire race down in the US. This isnt a color thing.. its a culture thing. It just so happens the culture goes with the color so thats all you see.. and thats what its blamed on.

WHen I was in college the NAACP came to convince us browns/reds that we were being held down by whitey. They want us to join and have been trying to compromise first nations since they began. I wasnt feeling overly oppressed by white folks as I was in a prestigious college and not on grants or scholarships.. Im also female. I suffered NONE of this oppression and racism. Guess why? I didnt buy into the self perpetuating myth. Black leadership in the black community is rotten to the core. It would do the black community well to stop acting like mind controlled subjects with trigger words.. any other race mentions the word "'n-word'" and they act like they are programmed robots. Magic words went out with loin cloths.. your leaders want you to act primitive. The culture is built on the worship of money, sex, materialism, and "respect". WHen a culture doesnt teach self respect or self reliance... but only getting respect without deserving it just due to skin color.. it breaks down.

I grew up in New Orleans way back when. Im older
It wasnt like it is now as being the ghetto murder capital. We were all colors and cultures mashed together and there WERE NO PROBLEMS. Blacks worked hard as anyone else and the culture was NOT this culture that you see now. I mean it was starting back in the 60's and 70's but by the 80-90's it was full blown nasty. I was raised by a racist.. and I had a black nanny.
he was racist against whites with good cause and chose to break out of the po lil brown savage treatment by whites and the federal government. Blacks had a decent culture back then.. in much better shape than my own people.. they worked and didnt worship pathetic things. It truly has changed, and I dont care what your history books tell you or etc.. I lived it.

I live now in the midwest and its THE most racist place Ive ever been in my life. As in racist blacks against every other color or culture.I see and live in the result of this false culture being promoted in the black community. Ive been victim of a violent assault as has my oldest daughter simply because we were not black. Its hard to teach your kids tolerance as it should be when this happens. You come off sounding like a liar and a moron. I live in the murder capital bubble of St Louis now and very near East St.Louis. I deal with blacks 24/7 and the majority are worthless jobless users and criminals. Its the sad and bad truth. Its also the culture and NOT the color. The new culture expects gimmes and being paid back by whitey for whatever past transgressions may have happened between our ancestors. Guess what blacks.. my ancestors were WIPED OUT. Youre breeding and will surpass the whites in numbers.. my race is for all purposes and intents.. DEAD. I do not feel entitled to the current whites money and I sure as hell dont need or want their help. Im proof it can be done and you can succeed. You cant go on blaming whites for everything forever. At some point you need to get into reality and start being responsible for yourselves either individually or as a cultural movement.

Ive said this before and dont care who it offends as its very true. I see it in my own culture. Blacks smear the blood of their ancestors on themselves for favors, entitlements, gain, etc.. and its disgusting. Mine do as well.. and I am equally disgusted... thats why I dont live on the Rez and why you should refuse to live in a ghetto and refuse to participate in that culture.Break out of a destructive culture and you may get somewhere. You are NOT entitled to anything a white person has due their ancestors actions. You are not entitled to money nor apology or welfare generationally. Im not either. Blacks use this weird excuse that they are being held down and its the whites. No, they are being held down by themselves, a corrupt false made up culture, and by their own black leaders. Blacks are as intelligent and worthy as whites.. but they intentionally hold themselves back by speaking like ignorant fools and behaving like primitives. Where does this come from? The culture.. not the skin color. You all better ask yourselves who is promoting this culture and why. If you try to succeed in your culture youre called uncle Tom and trying to act white.. you best ask yourself why thats promoted. Why is success called "acting white"? DO you not realize that you are disrespecting yourselves pretending only whites can succeed in this world when you say such stupid things? Success and hard work isnt the whites domain.. its everyone's potential and yours is being held back by your own culture, leaders, and "brothers/sisters".

My dad owned a few construction companies when I was a kid. We had companies in several states. Do you know when I got older I was in charge of HR and hiring ( along with my full time regular job as an RN) and I rarely hired blacks? Guess why... seriously. It wasnt the color.. they were simply the only ones that came in speaking like 1st graders with a mouth full of marbles, dressed like they just woke up or got out of prison, and had NO work ethic due to feeling in entitled to special favors. Im not white, so it sure as hell wasnt a white bias! None of my people were around to show favoritism to either. I hired folks who would work and keep the business afloat regardless of color of skin. People who it was worth spending the time and money on hiring and training. When you hire someone you initially lose money and are making an investment in them to become a long term employee and we paid very well. I wasnt about to hire a "bad investment". We had blacks working for us, but they were not plentiful and sometimes I was fooled and they were the ones who were unreliable and cried racism if you looked at them and told them lunch break was an hour and not 2 hours.

These problems are absolutely cultural.. and unnecessary. If I have a bad person of my race.. he is NOT my brother, but the blacks see things only by skin color and regardless of the actions of a person they see themselves as all brothers.. fighting an invisible enemy : Themselves. I wont be partial to someone if they are an NDN.. its content of character that I base everything on regardless of culture or color. People were on TV talking about their mortgage and bills being no longer a worry because there was a brother in office. I dont think that turned out too well. No snitchin is a part of the "brother" BS. Its not serving your community well at all. You shouldnt be fighting folks over color.. you should be fighting your own leaders and culture promoters to prove their legitimacy.

SO blacks and unemployment? Break it down to the core and its a choice.. you chose to engage in a culture that promotes a lack of success and criminality .. you get a lack of success and a generation of unemployable criminals.If you dont want to be treated like a criminal or a savage, dont emulate them. Live in a culture that blames everything on someone else.. you never take responsibility for your own actions and unsuccessful life. Walk into an interview being a product of a false illegitimate made up fake culture and you obviously get judged by it. Its only your own fault and whitey isnt holding you back... YOU are. Black unemployment and the number of blacks in the prison system should prove this out. Change your indoctrinated mind and paradigm.

I hope for a sort of renaissance.. a movement by the blacks to gain control of themselves and their culture. Id love to see them break away from their nonsensical leaders and succeed. They dont need your help, white folks. Theyre actually pretty tough and capable if they can manage to see the leadership is not out for their equality in the workplace or etc. Id love to see a real recall on entitlements and welfare.. a force into real desperation economically to show them all that they are as worthy and capable as anyone else and dont need white folks money and housing. Its as bad as my own people.. whitey holds you down, whitey is racist, whitey is the bad guy.. but for Gods sake dont stop that white money/help/housing/etc coming in... ridiculous. If the black community can just see they are their own enemy.. it will be good for all.

The real racist are the ones trying to "help" the black community. The rabid PC crowd and the ones who think they are so superior they must help poor lil blacks. Blacks capable human beings and not backward children for Gods sake. They want to dumb down the educational system for poor uneducatable blacks.. when blacks are as intelligent as anyone else.. these helpful demons are the real racists. They give housing and projects to blacks.. as if theyre children and cant take care of themselves given the chance! The ones who say crime comes from poverty. Crime comes from criminals.. poverty is not the root. I know wonderful NON criminal poor folks. How dare someone be so passive aggressive to indict a person due to their economic status so others see them as potential criminals! I wish everyone would see this crap for what it truly is. They promote and celebrate differences right? Its great to segregate and promote a criminal culture that worships material things and to gain by any other means than work and sacrifice. How DARE they say that is the black culture and promote it! Thats NOT American black culture.. I grew up along side and within a legitimate black American culture... and it sure as hell wasnt this crap you see today. I wish to celebrate and recognize differences.. differences are a good thing IMO. But when you have a manufactured culture which is pressed upon a segment of a population and called legitimate.. you hold and entire race down. Guess who has supported and promoted this crap? Black leadership.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They don't pay taxes because they don't have any money to pay taxes on...what's so hard to understand about that?

That's been my argument throughout this conversation? nice attempt to spin. Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit eh?

What USG handouts are you accepting?

I dont receive any government assistance. Social programs are Unconstitutional, thus the reason I do the best I can to live off the " grid ".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity may be partially to blame, which is ironic, because this same practice was adopted to ensure the employment of minority groups including women and handicapped people.

Where this comes into play is Birth Rates. In certain areas, the birth rates of African American families is MUCH higher. With affirmative action in place, there will not be enough work for everyone.

"We're sorry sir, we already have 14 African Americans working for us".

The higher the population number of ANY race will indeed affect an Equal Opportunity Workforce.

Hypothetically, we could say there were 200 African Americans, and 100 Caucasion citizens residing in a small town where a Potato Chip Factory was hiring say, 150 people.

If EVERY Caucasion citizen was hired, 100 people, equal opportunity employment would only require for HALF of the African American citizens to be hired on to even things out, leaving HALF of the African American Population unemployed.

Who's to blame?...I blame the baby makers.

Here in Macon, Georgia, where the African American Community is the majority, there is barely enough work for ANYONE.

However, being in the south, Equal Opportunity Employment often means "The Blacker the Better", as bad as it may sound.

This situation being created by the Equal Opportunity Employment demands of a society fed up with 400 years of bigotry, and corporations looking to take advantage of Government Grants and Tax Breaks, or just to better their public image.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

I don't need statistics. I'm telling you I grew up with it. My teachers were black. My bosses were black. My mentors in my career were black. The minister who did the wedding ceremony for me and my husband is black. My ob/gyn who delivered my baby is black. My endocrinologist is black. The person who hired and trained my husband and set him up in his career is black...and female...and an engineer. My last boss was a black man and an engineer.

The office staff and the oncologists who got rid of my mother's cancer are....get ready for it,,,,black!

Hello, it's 2011 not 1811 or even 1968 anymore. Yes, a black person with a good work ethic and a commitment to excellence and who values education can become a cop, a doctor, an engineer. Do not tell the black youth of America otherwise. You do a great disservice and injustice to these brilliant young men and women telling them they are doomed by statistics or some racist remnants.

In fact, here is news you can use...in the fields of engineering, or basically ANY professional field, thanks to EEOC regulations employers are FIGHTING over QUALIFIED minority or female applicants. Because minorities and women are playing catch up, they are in short supply in certain good paying technical fields. When employers get them they fight to hold onto them, sometimes even if that means overlooking, for a short time anyway, sub par effort once the coveted candidate secures the position. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard that even someone who makes it so far, gets the education, gets the job...then goes on to produce no effort at all because they know they are in a protected class and think that means they can coast on what they are rather than what they give to the job. And yes, protected or not, they do get fired because basic economics always wins out in the end and few companies can afford to keep a slacker these days and will fight it out in court if they have to.

Fight for what you want and fight to keep it once you get it, it's a dog eat dog world out there no matter what your skin color or your gender.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join