It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is one huge secret that's gotten out! I mean, even those who work for DHS don't have this information. The leaders and high level government employees who would need to be aware of any impending natural or man-made disaster have no idea this is coming down the pike.

Why does it always seem that these warning come from someone who heard it from someone else. Where's the gov't whistleblower coming forth with an actual document stating, "on X date the President has authorized the use of HAARP to destroy Los Angeles. Prepare the FEMA Camps!!!!"

The Secretary of DHS spills the lid to a friend over dinner but doesn't inform the SES' or Admirals? Hmmmm, seems odd, but that doesn't mean it's not true, just highly suspect...at best.

As always, posts that pander to the fear mongering crowd get the most stars and flags. They always seem to offer little proof but a lot of fear. I guess that's one way to build up stars/flags on this site, just to gain ATS street cred.

That said, everyone should be prepared at all times for any disaster. Up in Buffalo, after the 2006 October Ice Storm, folks were without power for weeks. Luckily most are used to power outages and had generators but there were a few who didn't. Those with helped those without and life continued.

link   
Reading this did really get me thinking but then again I need more proof. But this is still a great post.

link   
reply to post by boncho

I hear you boncho - I had considered that. It was just unusual for this guy ... given I had been reading his blog and he never really pushed that angle.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensquad414

Like Feltrick above you said, Even if this isnt a true rumor, its always a good idea to have some extra stuff on hand in case something happens,

Weather radio, (mine is solar and hand crank, but battery is fine too if you remember to keep batteries) some food, water, pet food, important meds, etc. I grew up in a hurricane zone and so we just always did keep stuff like that. Its not a bad habit for everyone to get in. You just never know.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The food storage thing is not a bad idea no matter what you believe will happen.
The Mormons have been doing it for years.
It can't hurt a thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If it wasn't for special circumstances, I would have moved back to the midwest as well. I miss town life.

These desert areas and semi-arid desert areas aren't meant to support the large numbers of people living there.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thats what I keep thinking. The water thing just keep working on me. And the growing thing. I like to garden and it took all I could do to get stuff to stay alive in NM even with water from a hose. Its just not a climate well suited for large amounts of people, like you said.

If you are meant to move, you will. I kept putting it off but eventually I was COMPELLED to leave. I just had to. You will know.

link   

link   
A couple of things. Prepping makes sense as most of us are no longer creating our own food. How do you think folks in the Great Depression would have behaved if they were as armed as most Americans today and they had forgotten how to farm, can and hunt? There was more land back then and people of that time actually had morals and ethics.

There are many cards stacked against should our just in time dependency system become disrupted. We also have multiple polarity dynamics creating perpetual tension whether it be democrats vs republicans, illegal immigrants vs citizens, the people vs the govt, etc. On top of this a growing police state, financial problems, mega quakes, food disruptions, toxins in the oceans, and populations outgrowing the finite resources of the Earth.

Hurricane Katrina taught us everything we need to know about what we can expect from the govt. I would even say that the delay in response was more of a field test then a real assistance operation. Just to see what would happen.

A disaster like what Japan is experiencing would not be going so smoothly in the US.

ETA: It's better to start thinking about the solutions before you are presented with the problem.

edit on 30-3-2011 by starshift because: addition

link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift

Hurricane Katrina taught us everything we need to know about what we can expect from the govt. I would even say that the delay in response was more of a field test then a real assistance operation.

No. It really does take days to get help to people.

The lesson to learn from Katrina is...........make sure you choose your comrades wisely.

Your survival in a SHTF situation has every bit as much to do with who you are near as it does to do with how prepared you are. Its not a rich poor issue as much as it is a poor vs trash issue. Make sure you know good people who will pull together in a crisis, not jerks waiting for the first excuse to go buck ass wild and loot, rape and pillage.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Forgive my ignorance, I am trying to understand what DHS stands for, if you would let me know I would greatly appreciate it. I am intrigued by your post. I think we all have the feeling that something is definitely not right with our world.

link   
What's been interesting to me is that all those Middle East and North Africa countries went into revolt mode all pretty much at the same time. Obviously, this is no coincidence. The reason Russia & China are so miffed about it is that they know this is classic CIA. All of the "rebels" were organized and ready enough to start these civil wars all over the region.

Watched the documentary COLLAPSE the other night. I'm not completely sold on "peak oil," but Ruppert's laying out the facts did add up to what we're seeing. You've got this scramble for oil reserves going on with Uncle Sam making sure to capture some of the checkers squares on the board. Energy runs everything. Everything is trucked. I didn't hear of a no fly zone in Rawanda. Not enough oil there to care, right?

link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Crakeur

Totally Agreed!

Gold has absolutely no value in a survival situation. Who in their right mind is going to trade you vital food and water something that won't keep them alive. A hoard of gold is just a sitting target for marauders. Food, Water, Medicine, and bullets is the way to go!

A little silver or gold might bribe the guards.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join