It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Argh the waiting. Can it just happen already. Lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

What do you think "real info" is going to look like? It probably will come as a rumor from someone who was told who was not supposed to be told. You dont think the government is going to warn you in advance if something is going to happen, do you?

They might, obviously, if they can pinpoint the time and date, and there is any reasonable chance of evacuating people. But if the event is huge, (asteroid, yellowstone) and if they cannot predict WHERE it will happen (asteroid, earthquake) they arent going to say anything.

A lot of people have been feeling weird. Weird stuff seems to be happening in terms of how the governments are acting, so there is a real possibility that something is coming.

And the time frame not only matches with possible wars, it also matches with the Elenin stuff. We have another alignment ~Sept 27, and then we come the closest to it around Nov 17-19ish. So who knows. Maybe they suspect it will hit us, and they are just not saying anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am in the military and I can tell you that I went to our snack bar this morning I noticed that there was an abundance of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups...some of which had been stockpiled in the freezer. This was highly unusual. I pretty much manage people anymore and my troops stay closer to the operations and intelligence side of the house than I do. After reading this I'm thinking they may know something I don't. Tommorrow I'll do a Pop Tart inventory and get back to you's.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Phoenix is not a good place to be if SHTF and there is no electricity (EMP or super solar flare/cme)....no water unless the pumps work.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

reply to post by grantbeed

I know it's not easy reading through the whole thread, because it can be tedious, however, I have posted several sites where you can download PDFs on how to be prepared - when there is no doctor, dentist, etc. In the end, I think grantbeed's advice is the most sound. No matter how physically prepared you might become, the reality is you can't really cover everything. However, if you have a sound mind and have mentally prepared, while everyone else is freaking out, you will be in execution mode.

You will discover throughout this thread that taking just the steps of having an idea of what to do in an emergency scenario, tremendously empowers individuals and removes fear. It's a mind game. I didn't want this thread to turn into a gloom and doom thread - maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. However, if nothing happens and 10 people download the PDF's and take in what others have posted, and that helps them at sometime in the future, then it was well worth it to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I agree something is coming, but I'm not sure what it is.
My first 3 ideas are 1. solar flare 2. pandemic 3. dollar collapse

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It has been really interesting to see how this thread has evolved sense last night.

I am lucky. In my neighborhood we have all come to think alike. There is no leader per sa but some people have bought chickens another has invested in a cow that now produces fresh milk and yes we have sheltered the feed to protect it from radiation. Another neighbor has started a hobby with bee hives and now has several. This is in addition to medical supplies and grain storage and rice etc. We also have what you could call a community garden.

Times may or may not be hard and there may or may not be a catastrophic disaster but we are all happy and stress is not as high as I'm sure it is in some places. Life here is good and you are all invited to join me. I live in Utah and I am LDS and you will be welcome regardless of your denomination or belief in god.

What would be better though is for you to do this wherever you live. Its not about how can I survive its about how can we survive. Preparedness is like a diet. Its not about loosing weight, Its about changing your lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just a comment...

I tend to notice there are three types of people that respond to threads like this one.
1) The "Fear Monger" type. I don't believe "blogger".
2) The cautiously optimistic
3) The "believer" or pessimist

For those of you who think it's all fear mongering and you don't believe some mere "blogger", let me ask you, what do you really expect? Jesus Christ to walk up to you and tell you? Oh, wait, you're probably an atheist so that wouldn't convince you either. Or perhaps if Obama came right to your door?

Do you think there would be something on the news about it? If so, you are delusional. An asteroid could be heading straight for earth and I wouldn't expect to hear it on the news. They're attitude would be, "nothing you can do about it so why spread fear?". Or are you expecting the local sheriff to stop by and tell you?

Or, perhaps you are expecting a certified letter from the U.S. Department of Impending Disasters?

My point is, regular "Joes" are the only ones we CAN trust! Good God, man! You don't trust authority, you don't trust government, you don't trust TPTB, so that leaves one type of person; me! My neighbor! My friends' friend's. Your friends, your neighbors, your "network". Because, and listen closely, you aren't going to hear it from an "official" source!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
my list of cheap goods that are easy to stock pile:

1. Seven to Ten 24 packs of bottled water. - about 4 bucks each.
2. Ten to twenty - One gallon jugs of bottled water for cooking/cleaning. - usually 89 cents each.
3. Chef Boy R-dee , speghettios, etc - usually a buck a can.
4. canned hams. usually 2 bucks at family dollar, dollar store, dollar tree - etc.
5. Sardines - usually 99 cents a can.
6. Ritz and saltine crackers.
7. A good manual can opener. most of the above items don't need one but you never know when that tab if going to break with out opening the can.
8. variety of canned veggies and fruit in water or juice, stay away from the syrup.
9. a lot of bic lighters.

Now of course there is more that can be added, this is by no means a complete list, I present it only to demonstrate that you can start to stock pile with out breaking the bank. When I lived in a hurricane area, I started stock piling a little, just in case. Every time I went to the store, I would grab a few dollars worth canned goods, sardines here, ravioli there, and in no time i had a good 3 month supply with out even trying. And, the beauty is, if nothing happens, you can still eat it, and rotate your stock.

edit on 3/30/2011 by watchd0g because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/30/2011 by watchd0g because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If a comet like elin was to hit.Just Prey.Because nothing is going to save you.God help us all and prey it does not hit us.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I saw someone post that if something happened everybody would help each other. I so wish that thought was a natural thought in all humans. I however highly doubt that if something happened that type of environment would exist. Don't be foolish and think that you won't have to protect yourself s and your supplies. Think about how many clueless parents out there that are going to have starving kids If something big real does happen? Make sure able to defend yourself and your supplies and I wouldn't tell many people that your stocking up. Godbless and I pray nobody needs their supplies.

PS I recommend a 12 gauge pump slugs or double 00 buck if your not proficient. Be careful not to shoot your water supply containers with the buck shot lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Totally agree with you there. Just headed off the East Coast soon. With in a few months and this time that I have been waiting for close to 40 years of knowing is not happening soon enough as some things go and it is not far enough away for us to be comfortable.

Ainge

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brewing

Thanks for the update, military brat here. Please be careful out there especially telling others you are of the military. We know, those of the MB world, that that is a dangerous world out there to let people know who we are. Patriotic Journalism here.

Ainge

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just saw this on U tube. Its starting to add up. Something is going down over there soon.
______beforeitsnews/story/521/630/US_Military_Vets_Being_Called_Back_Up_For_Emergency.html

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Heard of Henny Penny? This site is so full of these clacking chickens KFC could run there whole worldwide operation from here.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

S&F, man.. Good thread. And not because I love Fight Club..

I think it's very important for people to hear this kind of stuff and make up their own minds.. True or not, these accounts need to be taken into account, and compared in perspective with all the other "speak" going around out there..

"I am Jack's raging bile Duct"............what?

peace..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

This is the post that actually made me de-lurk. seanizle, I live just outside the Toronto area. Could you be a bit more specific as to what went down?

link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Jesus?

link   
I got this stinking feeling that what you see in Japan is not far away for America.These Nuclear Plants are not safe.And definitely doesn't fit the bill for clean energy as Mr. Obama stated.It is a real concern,one that is unsurvivable.Imagine a solar flare shutting down power grids?Or an earthquake that damages multiple reactors.What then?The only thing that proves deadly is radiation and Nuclear Fallout.Please read this:news.yahoo.com... when you have finished that one,read this:www.homeland1.com...
edit on 30-3-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Something I forgot to mention earlier... a stockpile of multi-vitamin supplements. Get the ones that are real "complete" with more than enough essentials and minerals. I also agree with the earlier poster who said coffee. Man. I'm not going to trade my coffee for anything! I need that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join