It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Medication - If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes you are going to need insulin, and unless you happen to have access to a bunch of sheep - you're flocked - so make sure you have what you need BEFORE TSHTF. Also, a simply scratch can easily turn into a deadly infection, especially if you aren't able to maintain a good state of hygiene: the daily showers we all take for granted could become few and far between if TSHTF, so if you are in good with your doctor, see if he will write you prescriptions for a few different types of antibiotics - specifically Amoxicillin and Ciproflaxin. Your doctor can tell you why it is important to have both of these antibiotics on hand.]

Originally posted by Chett
Just want to add about the medications, Sulfonamide based drugs are very useful for most infections - they were around long before antibiotics and for us females they don't tend to have the nasty side effects of antibiotics. Where I live you can talk a pharmacist into selling you some without a proscription too.

You are absolutely correct. SILVADENE CREAM is an EXTREMELY effective antibiotic. Used primarily for severe burns, it not only kills bacteria, but it also promotes regrowth of epidermal tissue. I've had occasion to use it several times, and it's nothing short of miraculous. Thanks for reminding me.

*get Silvadene... Check.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So, the blogger who posted the rumor on his blog just gave a short update in the comments in a recent entry.

Here is the comments section of that blog entry.

To summarize, his friend who heard it from someone else is not yet very comfortable with the person who told him to stock up. They are going slowly as not to spook the source of the rumor. New information gleaned from "fight club" meeting, is that the major worry is civil unrest.

The blogger promises future updates when he has more information. He will slowly try to find out the trigger for rumored future civil unrest. Next week's question is whether or not the dollar is set to go kablooey.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Yeah caught that yesterday too. Thanks to the Op for introducing me to that blog, pretty interesting and making me glad I invested a bit in silver.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Okay I have been digging and found something I think is very interesting. I'm going to start a new thread. I read the link to the metal traders blog and I suspect he's getting real time intell. Here's the link I found.

smokeymtman.blogspot.com...
edit on 4/6/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Your link goes to a blog post that was posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 it is now 2011.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I googled DHS Civil unrest concerns. Did you read the article? I'll admit I didn't notice when the article was written but I was a little stunned by the article. The man was in town to speak on investments. And witnessed this. So in three years have you heard of a new prison built by the DHS? With entire Prison Bus Fleet privately owned and constantly drilling that's being paid for by the DHS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well I guess that means there's nothing to worry about then because it's old. I guess thing's are never planned and implemented. Like that silly constitution we live by. That's also old so who need its right? It must need updated or something. That is the opinion of way too many people.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Wow that was a rather angry post that came out of nowhere. You posted the post from 2009, you decided it had relevance, so you should be the one answering the questions you asked.

So in three years have you heard of a new prison built by the DHS? With entire Prison Bus Fleet privately owned and constantly drilling that's being paid for by the DHS?

edit on 6-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Actually I reread what I wrote and I was making a joke and it did seem like I was being sarcastic.It's something I saw that I thought people would might like to know about it. The Constitution comment was a Nancy Pelosi Joke. She doesn't believe as do others that it's relevant anymore. Which blows my mind. The point is sorry If I seemed rude.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
For diebetics I highly recommend looking into making dietary changes now that have been proven to improve or even remit diebtic conditions for many. The primary factor in these diets has been the removal of as many simple carbs as possible, and light to moderate amounts of other carbs (such as fiber and complex carbs). Diets such as Atkins and Paleolithic would be good studies as those are two I've seen make a difference.

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

If those don't suit you I've read that a Vegan or Vegatarian diet can be beneficial, though not as much given the high carb content common in such diets.

www.mayoclinic.com...

edit on 7-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't rely upon other people's "secrets" they supposedly know...think for yourself. Don't depend on others for info, how do you know it's correct/real info? Go with your gut instinct, do what you think is best for yourself. I personally don't give a rat's behind of some unknown internet person's claim of "something about to go down." Yeah, eventually something most likely will go down, do ya really need to hear it from some mysterious "source" on the internet? Come on, we are better than that.

edit on 8-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I'm not "better" than that. I like hearing the rumors. They can be interesting. I've learned a lot from listening to rumors.

Of course I have to think for myself. Otherwise I'd be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Anyway, that's at least half the point of my reading ATS.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join