It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ainge

Well its a little too late for that Brewing mentions his service in virtually every post.

I look forward to it, sometimes he has to be very creative to work it in.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The question is....."is it real (natural disasater) or memorex (engineered catastrophe)?"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

O boy, I hope so.... I need a little adventure and fun to come around the corner. Be well needed to get rid of some of the scum that plague this earth... But unfortionately it will probably be them that survive a SHTF scenario

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me about this is the Janet Napolitano angle.

This is a woman in possession of a high level security clearance. I have a hard time imagining her sipping a glass of wine with buddies over dinner, and then, before dessert, glancing across the table, and dropping this on someone... "I can't tell you why....but...." It seems rather negligent for her to do such a thing, but you never know.

So, if she knows something is going to go down in the next few months, weeks, whatever...it can't be a natural disaster, since presumably these are unpredictable. It would have to be something man-made, and something she would know about. It would have to be something that couldn't be stopped. It would have to be something big enough for her to be breaching her job duties and her oath of office in order to blab across the table to someone.

Doesn't this narrow done the list somewhat?

Not a natural disaster. Couldn't be a bomb from another country--because how can this be predicted? If it can be predicted, then it could be stopped. Could be the reactors in Japan, maybe? Financial disaster would fit into this category.

I don't know. This Libya thing kind of worries me---like we're escalating things--even when the President the people of this country elected vowed over and over again that America was done with that kind of thing. I think this warning has to do with political tensions---and the consequences of those tensions.

Make no mistake--America is right up front again-----getting involved and pushing these political tensions for reasons no one really quite understands right now.

Something is up.

I just don't get it yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

What's really terrible is that it's been about a month since I got that warning, and I haven't even submitted my application yet. I hope there is still time! But most of all, I hope I won't need to flee the country. I went through a very paranoid evening after that conversation trying to think of any reason why I'd actually have to flee, as opposed to staying out in the country. It would have to be something really horrible.

reply to post by MRuss

But it could be a natural disaster, because sometimes they can be predicted. Like for instance, Yellowstone. I don't have any inside info like that, I'm just speculating. Maybe Wilcock is right and they are heading for their bunkers soon. Maybe they are expecting something bad to happen. Maybe things won't pan out the way they are planning.
edit on 30-3-2011 by AmethystSD because: to reply to MRuss

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Very good question.

We really dont have enough info to know for sure, but the fact that the "homeland security source" gave such vague instructions kinda makes it seem like it is going to be natural. If they were a friend and were warning of something they knew to be contrived, you might expect them to say something more like, "find a reason not to be in a major city on such and such date," or "avoid the west coast in such and such month" or something like that.

The vagueness suggests they know something is possible, but they dont have a great idea of the exact day and place. Which to me seems to make events like Elenin or solar flares that will knock out power, or something of that nature likely.

If this is true at all of course.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
People don't have food storage? everyone I know including me does.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Never met anyone who was in a fight club. How do you join or even find one? Anyone know a person who is in a club like this. Not someone you read about or message, but an actual person with a black eye or broken nose?

This guy that told the story seems to be bragging. Like he wants some attention. I make him out to be a 26 year old male, probaly refuse entry into the military, no girlfriend and talks a lot about different topics that he knows about but, isn't an expert on any of them.

Just a bunch of bull.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

You would be surprised at the amount of people that only have a week or less of food on hand. Lets not forget that with out power, whats in your freezer wont last, if you even have the means to cook it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
We have survived on this plant for a long time (in human terms) without all this infrastructure and stores and gadgets and there are plenty of people with lots of knowledge on how it's done.

Lately I've been thankful that I became an archaeologist.

I mean that comment as somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but in all seriousness, if the worst case scenario really does come to pass (and I mean long term), those who know how to make stone/wood/bone tools, easily craftable weapons/hunting implements like atl-atls and bows, and who know how humans survived for hundreds of thousands of years (millions if you go back to pre-human), in conditions worse than anything we could possibly be faced with, will have a certain advantage I would think.

As anyone who's ever attempted it can tell you, flint-knapping is difficult and not something you want to have to learn because your immediate survival depends on it.

When everyone runs out of bullets, the archaeology nerds will be in hot demand.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaeologyUnderground

You don't really believe that someone won't remember how to make gunpowder, do you? After all, we've been mass producing it for over half a millenium. The Chinese likely had it for longer.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Good post.

If the advice it to leave the country, that sounds like it is contrived, like some "uprising" might be staged here or something. Or it could be Yellowstone.

Maybe we will get lucky and more info will leak out.

My instincts made me move away from NM a year ago. I felt like I needed to be somewhere with easy access to water and some chance to grow food. Ask for guidance from whatever you believe in. Your god(s), the collective consciousness, your own subconscious, whatever, and then do your best to follow your instincts.

Ultimately we will all die, so trying to avoid death isnt the whole thing, how you plan to live should be more important. One reason I liked Tennessee is that people here know how to pull together. They were amazing during the floods last May.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
Never met anyone who was in a fight club. How do you join or even find one? Anyone know a person who is in a club like this. Not someone you read about or message, but an actual person with a black eye or broken nose?

I was personally involved in a club like that, long before the book or movie came out. And I personally knew of others. It was a fun thing to do in my youth. It wasn't labeled a 'fight club' (because the book didn't exist yet), but underground bare-knuckle boxing is as old as humanity itself, I'd wager.

My nose has been broken multiple times from fighting, and you can see the permanent damage in my knuckles, feet, and shins. I have no doubt that the odd cracks and pops I get when I move now are because of it. I think the book/movie simply drove the groups who were serious about it for the right reasons further underground.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I go with canned goods, bottled water, a gun, lots of ammo, a good survival knife. You can cook your canned food in the can, avoid washing. Store the cans for a future source of metal. The can will shield the food from radiation, and they have lots of water.

A stearno stove is also a good idea, a small supply of fuel lasts a long time. A flint kit, a good knife

I go for spaghetti noodles with jarred sauce over top ramen any day. Drink the water you cook the noodles in.

Apples and limes store for long periods, and are great for health.

Candles, a fishing net, a rod is too slow and more for sport than survival, traps, lots of critters live in suburbia, tools, shovels, hammers, nails, building materials. Rope, cord

Maps, how much information do you have of your local area? Books, board games, things to preoccupy your mind to keep from stressing out.

One thing I have noticed about suburbia, at least here in CA, is that there are very few corridors out of these areas. Plenty of these suburban sprawls with approx 10 million people have less than a half a dozen major routes in and out of the areas.

Who knows if the SHTF soon, but the numbers do indicate something major could be around the corner. Why not be prepared?

I wonder, what is the worst case scenario with the on going nuke disaster in Japan. Clearly these nuke plants are not build for worst case scenarios. What happens if the big one hits CA, and a Tsunami hits El Diablo Nuke power plant? If Japan was so badly prepared, what can we expect from PG&E, the company that has gas lines blowing up, and and entire system in need of repair.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

Food storage is like Fight Club, one does not talk about one's food storage unless one likes the idea of the have nots amassing at your doorstep in the middle of Situation X.

As for the OP, I take these things mostly with a grain of salt. That said, I've been somewhat uneasy today since reading about the dirty bomb threat letter that was so widely sent out in the US. If you think about ways to cause utter chaos, putting out a declaration that 160 dirty nuke bombs have been planted in cities across the nation and then detonating one or two dirty bombs would likely generate the type of chaos needed to greatly disrupt supplies and everyday life in the entire country. I don't believe for a moment that they have planted 160 (and I doubt they've planted any, to be honest... this is simply a concern I have at this point), but if they even planted a single one and blew it up, the media would immediately lock onto the "Where are the other 159 bombs located?" angle, the feds would take advantage of the situation and start passing Patriot Act Version 2.0 style laws, and the general population would be experiencing paranoia on the edge of panic.

Lingering issues like the above appearing rapid fire in the media at least gives me pause from routinely discounting reports that DHS is leaking "be ready" messages to their closest confidants. Of course there's also the possibillity that the government is playing a game of "Find the mole" and releasing some fake "secrets" to a handfull of folks in order to track the progression of the leak. Hell, that's pretty close to what the ATF did with the sale of weapons to the Mexican cartels, so it would be no shock to discover they do they same with false information.

This world we live in... :
Did nobody in the general populace ever bother reading George Orwell or John Acton?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts etc are an excellent source of vitamins. Check out some of the web sites.

www.everynutrient.com...

We have a 5 gal bucket of various kinds of seeds and a way to make them sprout and harvest them.
edit on 30-3-2011 by fatboyinternational because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by ArchaeologyUnderground

You don't really believe that someone won't remember how to make gunpowder, do you? After all, we've been mass producing it for over half a millenium. The Chinese likely had it for longer.

No, I don't think we'll forget how to make anything, but it's all about access to ingredients. We (as a species) likely won't forget how to make computers, or combustion engines, or airplanes either, but those things would simply cease to become part of the everyday reality for a lot of people. I suspect gunpowder and the ability to easily work metals might be among those things that persevere longer but, ultimately, become unrealistic for the average person.

Of course, I'm talking a super long-term, back to the stone age kind of worldwide species crash here, which I don't believe will actually occur. Just speculating is all.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

That is a very good question and one that should be explored, if possible.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow, can't believe this thread went as far as it did.

Take the source: SilverGoldSilver...
Hmmm?

Just so everyone knows, the more people stockpile the more money these guys make. If you notice, the people that are all calling "CRASH" are also selling minerals/in bed with the people. There is a reason for that.
edit on 30-3-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Just trust your instincts.

Follow the news, keep your ear to the ground, but really learn to listen to the voice within, and start following it if you dont already.

You are right, this could all be disinfo. But I dont know, I have slowly over the last 5-6 years been feeling more and more like "something is coming." And a lot of people are. Even people who dont even know ATS exists.

I know it could just be more 2012 doomsday stuff, but it feels different to me this time than all the other doomsday things. Who knows.

Ive never been concerned enough in the past to stock up on anything. Never taken action at all. This time, I moved half way across the country based on a feeling I had to leave.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join