It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If something those happened i will not run or worry death is not the end. I will prepare but my physical body is all that i can lose if something those indeed happen

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My dog just said this..

"Dad, with all these events happening, you thing others will happen also"

This is where we are at.
We are expecting more crap to happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sounds like war with Iran to me. The time table fits with my expectations. I think there is a strong probability that some of Iran's buddies will step into the fight and things would in turn have a high possibility of escalating into something that makes WW2 look like a game of laser tag between a group of "droopy eyed armless children", as Charlie Sheen would say.
edit on 30-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I spend about $200/mo on groceries. I know if I spend $100 on non-parishables, that'd last about a month between my fiance and I. So $600-800 on non-parishable goods and drinking water? Is that about a good budget for 2 people or is that overkill? I am just thinking canned goods being about a dollar each for veggies and fruits, and meats being a few dollars. We have bug out packs with 3 days worth of MRE's, my 30-06 hunting rifle, a 9mm and a box of hollow points, and water filtration kit, pillows and blankets, etc. and we live on the outskirts of a city of 1,000,000 people. Other than fishing supplies and a few more boxes of ammo, what else might we need? I'm sure as heck glad this is seemingly going to go down during the warmer months as opposed to the colder ones...my fiance HATES the cold and that's one less thing to have to worry about.

Plus I know of a few places to go that are off the beaten path and I have satellite images of the areas surrounding where we plan to go IF the need arises to go off the beaten path. We've made some friends whom have homes in the boonies, as well as the fact my parents house has a self-sustaining farm on their land for them and their close by too.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You can prepare as much as possible, but the most important thing to prepare for a huge event is your mind and will.

I drove home from Christchurch city centre after the devastating earthquake and it was complete mayhem. People were losing it and have been since the quake.

Keep a level head and think very clearly. Dont panic and think rationally.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Learningman
I agree it cant be a bad idea to stock up, but has anyone thought how good it may be for certain agencies (FEMA in the states) when they go round collecting provisions (and people?)

Happened in nazi Germany, and id say the Gov follow the nazis early actions quite alarmingly. Just omething to think about anyway.

Great thought, but what if it's already happened? No, I'm not talking about Nazi Germany...

RIGHT NOW, you may have trouble finding reasonably-priced supplies of long-term storage food. I wonder why?

I should stop right here, since some people know that part of my business is selling precious metals, therefore, I must be a fear monger.

However, I DO NOT SELL FOOD. I have no affiliation, with anyone who sells food, so, if a mod or someone think's this is some kind of commercial plug for a food company, it's not.

One of the larger freeze-dried food companies in the country, started in 1970, is Freeze Dry Guy. Again, I don't know these folks, but they're apparently not alone.

They supply the US military and government. Has the government ALREADY "collected provisions", so-to-speak?

If you go to their website, perhaps you should wonder why they have a big message that says you will not get any of their #10 canned goods (their most popular product) for at least the next FOUR MONTHS! It's hard to imagine a larger supplier like this somehow miscalculating in their production, or their read on the supply and demand fundamentals. Something seems off here.

But, I'm sure someone will find a plausible explanation. Or, they will point out that they are still selling their not-so-popular "buckets" of survival food! Yes, but I'm starting to wonder, for how much longer?

In my business, I run into plenty of people who are far more "prepared" than the average bear. I know LDS folks too, there's a lot in our area. I'm only one person, chatting with various people each day, but if anyone was going to form a spike in "demand" for this kind of food, it would probably be this demographic. BUT, they're NOT buying anything more than usual, from what people have been saying. Nope, it's not a scientific survey, but where is this kind of demand coming from?

WHO is so large that they have taken the next four months (at least) of supply?

As for people casually dismissing the OP because they see too much fear-mongering, well, yes, there is a lot these days. But for crying out loud, do a bit of leg-work, try to verify a thing from different angles, could be this has absolutely nothing to do with someone trying to sell you something. (Or maybe our media already has sold us down the river..."All is well...Now, return to your sports entertainments.")

TO THE OP: Great job on this thread, IMO. I liked your preamble, and if people prefer to put their heads in the sand, then tough luck for them.

S & F

JR

PS: Anyone else wondering why ATS has been contacted recently about our "survival" experts? Timing? They're going to make a "documentary". Skeptic Overlord has a thread, if you haven't seen it. "What if" some months from now, lots of people will be desperate for survival info? Conveniently, our media masters are always ahead of the game! If you can get some electricity for your television, you can watch the show, and you too can survive!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Bingo. Im not saying dont prepare, dont get supplies, and dont try to make a plan. But you are totally correct that the biggest thing it to stay calm, look for signs, clues, hazards in the moment, and be open and flexible. Stay in the moment, dont let your fears carry you away.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Pool water, if anyone has a pool you can drink the water out of it!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I got the same thing from a close relative whose Doing Home Stuff, weeks ago, anf ill be pissed if anything jumps off before I get my plinker back from beretta dammit! Water, I got covered, food somewhat but there are plenty of recipes for squirrels and ill be ticked if I can't explore them!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thank you for the message......but I really don't know what to follow....I see these type of message twice or three times EVERY YEAR. Turn out nothing has really happened.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
With all this talk of impending disaster one thing comes to mind. We have survived on this plant for a long time (in human terms) without all this infrastructure and stores and gadgets and there are plenty of people with lots of knowledge on how it's done. If we band together everywhere as people are waking up everyday and lots of them. There is no need to stockpile and worry about guns and ammo. Helping others is the way to go as there is plenty here for us (it's an illusion that there isn't to make you worry) to survive on. Those that do wanna go about looting and stealing going as far as killing will soon be out numbered and obvious and can be ousted and they will need things they can't steal like knowledge and will have to join the whole of humanity in peace. This could be just the thing we need to break us of our wrong doings and bad habits as a society. how long can you ride it out alone or in divided groups it's a plan to fail IMO. I see a sink or swim situation in our future and it may be that we sink it wouldn't be the first time a species has sunk and won't be the last. Sure things will get bad and disasters will happen just as they always have and always will but as a species we can make it just fine together. Just wanted to add that for all to ponder. No need to reply directly as I don't have much need to watch this thread...I'm more interested in avoiding unsafe areas ie. fault lines, coastal areas, volcanoes, FEMA camps (
) Just know if you run into me when/ if ( I lean more towards when) it all goes down I got your back we are all people no need to divide

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am surprised that because someone says this on a blog, that people entertain the idea. To me, the source doesn't seem all that credible.

People keep saying things like this, and unless they really 'know' something, they really ought to keep a lid on it, cause all they are doing is causing people to become fearful.

If someone really has info, pass it on.

The story here sounds like it was made up by some young kid.
edit on 30-3-2011 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Preppers have been stocking most of the important items for several years.

The problem as I see it is if members of the government know that something is going to happen, it is their responsibility to inform the public, not keep it a secret.

If the government keeps a national emergency a secret, then they have committed treason because they have put the nation at the mercy of outside forces and or influence. Those that commit treason need to be immediately jailed and then treated as the law proscribes.

Such an event is not a time for secrecy.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I absolutely agree something is up. Way too much is not being said. Since researching is one of my greatest gifts thankfully, the information I am finding is not adding up. The information being given to me when I go out is not matching the things I am researching.
It is not just those facts that make me feel this way. As I have stated in other post I have a neuro-autoimmune issue and this usually requires a plethora of Drs, each Dr that I have seen are acting in manors of worry and concern for certain patients and how they are doing. Yes, that should be the norm, however I have lived all over the United States including Alaska, and I will tell you that the Drs in NY are more money hungry and usually the more they can give you from the federal death association, the better they are for kickbacks. This is not the case as of late in my situation. Usually they were on me to keep up with the FDA drugs to function on a daily basis, now they want to give me more shots and are insistent that I get them. (I refuse of course. I like living; it is a perk of being born, the living thing that is.)
This activity from the Drs started about 9 months ago and sent red flags then.
Ainge

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I stocked the heck up when swine flu was killing people here in Big D. I figured it might get bad enough for FEMA to say shelter in place y'all we've now got a martial law curfew in force. It didn't come to that but you never know when it might. I'm pretty well stocked with all the essentials. I've got traditional self defense of the 12 gauge variety and next on my list is a high fps crossbow with a fair amount of bolts.

May I recommend... a high quality, sharp buck knife... a multi-tool... by all means a camp stove with lots of gas cannisters... like the man said, a magnesium fire starter... climbing grade rope... lots of bungees of all sizes and strengths... like has been said: many bags of rice and noodles (shelf life is a long, long time)... not only several methods of serious water purification, but a stockpile of regular Brita filters... and you cannot underestimate the importance of personal sanitation so stock way up on the tissue and anti-bacterial wipes.

I save every plastic orange juice bottle, run them through the dishwasher and then fill with tap water and stow away. I've been doing this for a long time now. Of course, the water in there will still need to be purified and/or boiled but I have a heck of a lot of water supplies stashed as a result of that habit. I drink about two 1.75 liter bottles of OJ per week. The plastic top screws on tight after you refill with water.

Hey, it doesn't matter if some big thing is about to happen or not, just stock up. I took a tour of the local Red Cross a couple of months ago out of curiosity. The staff said take it real seriously that every home needs to be well stocked for the unexpected horrible SHTF. They were dead serious about everyone stocking up. They said not to feel like paranoid, just do it. They were especially big on the first aid kits. They sell some good ones, but you can go online and find armed forces field kits that have pretty much everything but the morphine in them. Enough said.

Oh yeah, just one more thing. I personally think we're seeing the very beginning of unbelievable runaway inflation. By the end of 2011, the dollar won't be worth squat.

edit on 30-3-2011 by switching yard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm not one to fear monger myself,but since I cannot post a thread,I will say that if we were to undergo a "blackout",like the one in 2003,when Michigan,Ohio,New York and New Jersey lost all power due to a grid failure,this could post a very real danger to Nuclear Plants across the MidWest.Here is the link to an article about the blackout of 2003...www.homeland1.com...
Also another article I found very interesting was this one here:news.yahoo.com...
So I checked and found that 2003 was a year we had enormous solar activity.So what if there was a CME that shutdown communications grids again?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

DAM, i cant even stockpile any of these, Y? cause im only 16!!

so i have a question, i mean my parents usually go out to buy whole sale stuff, once a month, but how/what do i do in case something does happen late spring/early summer? the only real thing i have for survival is weapons.

i just hope that right before STHF, its time to go get whole sale stuff(for me).

So any way, what would i do?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
They're probably preparing for the New Madrid quake. FEMA or some branch of homeland security is running drills for a possible catastrophic quake along the New Madrid fault line in early May. We are already seeing early signs of it, with small adjustments happening all along it, most recently in the Toronto area yesterday.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
BTW I saw someone posted that the letters claimed they were dirty bombs. That is inaccurate. They claim to have hidden 160 Nuclear bombs. I started last month storing supplies and Etc. I would love to know where the hell they'd get 160 nukes. It's not on the news anywhere. I think CBS in Chicago wasn't supposed to run the story.
edit on 3/30/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

I agree.

I wonder IF there is something and they know about it they are waiting to get themselves all that they need before telling the public and causing panic.......I think they would inform the public but I wouldn't put it past them to give themselves a head start on preparing for it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join