It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The other countries abstaind so the whole world can see
just who are the turds in the punch bole
it worked
give em enough rope as they say

losing the battle for hearts and minds are we...?
tsk tsk

peak oil is a myth
which is why the war
gotta control the oil to keep the price up..
gotta stomp out any resistance to the
QUEEN UBER ALES

when all the americans and brits cheering for this travesty find the jack boot on the other foot...
hahahaha

edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

So far every person I've spoken to in scotland regarding their feelings on our invasion of libyan soil are completely against it. I dont I have met one person yet who has openly agreed that the UK invading Libya is a good idea.
As far as I am aware the only people who want this , is the government.

We the people of Britain didnt vote in a new coalition governnment , we didnt vote them in to start another war.
If we had kept ourselves out of the last war maybe we would have more money in our pockets right now.
Although despite mass protest at the iraq war in the UK , they went to war anyways.

So even now if we protest in the streets enmass the government still wouldnt listen.
I wish there was some way to stop this , I think by not paying our council tax in retribution for having our income tax and VAT put towards military spending , do you think that would work ?
As in straight up refuse to pay it , to account for our income tax being spent on defense , by declaring that as a human being witha conscience that you refuse to allow your hard earned money to go towards killing innocents overseas.

I wish it would work however , we would probably be arrested for tax evasion

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I wish it was as easy as that - the only way this country is going to change is by revolution and tbh I can't see that happening, as someone mentioned on another post most Brits are interested in shopping and X factor (!)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Us British people are too lazy
, although we complain and acknowledge problems we dont do much to solve them we leave it to the government. The younger generation hopefully does the job for us (protest wise).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
hope this just helps out the situation because it looks more like a WW3 on African soil. Hope nothing goes wrong else something else might just get in play.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I dont post here very often, but though I would throw a lil tid-bit in on this. I live in outside of Lebanon, Missouri which is sittuated between Ft. Leonard Wood, and Whiteman AFB, so I'm accustom to seeing alot of aircraft activity between the two. Most of the time it's alot of A-10 Warthogs training all hours of the day since summer of last year. The weather here is nice so I'm outside in the yard enjoying my coffee. While sitting here I have so far counted 12 aircraft headed northeast, and I see a few more on the horizon headed this way from the fort. All have been spaced out, but it looks like a convoy the way they are traveling together. At least 6 of them have been B-2's, and 3 were smaller jets. I've seen/heard enough B-2's go over either durring refuels, or just flying over, to tell their shape and sound even at night. The other 3 aircraft however... one was a HUGE, very low noise aircraft followed by two smaller jets. Almost like they were accompanying it in formation. They were at a higher altitude than the rest, but even then it made the B-2's look like a little toy. As I've been typing this another 5 smaller jets have flown over as well. I've never seen this much activity flying in a single line all headed in the same direction before. To anyone who is more privy to this sort of thing, does this sound like something big is about to go down? Like reinforcements are being sent? This seemed omminous looking enough to me that I'm typing this novel on my phone. Knew this would be the place to tell this though. Hope everyone has a great day. God bless.
edit on 23-3-2011 by CuriousR because: added info to post

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The concensus of opinion from those I've spoken to on the subject seems to be that the UN are righteous in their actions towards Libya, because Ghaddafi's an evil pig who needs taking down.

Of course he is.

But I think some here under-estimate just how successfully ingrained the media brainwashing programme is. Very few people I've encountered seem to even want to try to comprehend the lies, propaganda & ulterior motives behind everything going on.

And if many do eventually get around to voicing dissent? Then I expect we'd better gird their loins for another False Flag to convince them otherwise.

I wish I did believe we had intergalactic allies ready to come to our defence!

edit on 23-3-2011 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Danbones

So far every person I've spoken to in scotland regarding their feelings on our invasion of libyan soil are completely against it. I dont I have met one person yet who has openly agreed that the UK invading Libya is a good idea.
As far as I am aware the only people who want this , is the government.

Must be a different part of Scotland to me and/or you have asked people who believe the same as you.

Most people I know hate Gaddafi with a passion due to Lockerbie and would like to see the lunatic gone forever.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
GOOD. I hope China and Russia intervene to teach the US, Britain and France for meddling with other countries affairs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I knew that there was something fishy in Russia and China refusing the vote at the last UN security meeting, but on the other hand they did not use their veto either. So, thei are preparing something, I thought. There are existing NATO papers with a future war scenario, in which russia and China wait, until the USA created such a turmoil in the middle east that thei feel themselfs forced, to take over the whole region, while at the same time Russia marching towards Europe coming from the north over the scandinavian countries. I believe, one can find it on thise page:
www.threeworldwars.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gloomyblue707
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yawn im tired too... theres protests all the time here in America... the fact that you say they get gunned down like dogs... really? I think they are protesting education cuts right now and the police actually put up a block to block traffic. lol So they could continue to protest. The fact is alot of people are too busy living their lives and dealing with taking care of their family... i really dont see anything like what we see in the middle east happening anytime soon here at home. May be wishful thinking on your part though, I'll give you that. I think unless you were creating havoc and burning down cars busting windows and looting(mase,batons,saltrock to the leg) the most you will get is cuffed and released after a small fine. If anything it would be Canadians gunning americans down like dogs... im pretty sure we both agreed to use each others militaries in civil unrest.

Well if you picked up a history book you'd find you were unfortunately wrong. The American government and police when faced with protests are just as brutal and agressive as in Libya, if not more so.

Also you seem to be confused here. The Libyan rebels were causing havoc! It was never just peaceful protest in the streets, it was a CIVIL WAR.

Like I say, if America faced anywhere near that level of unrest and revolt, your army would be out on the streets kicking arse. You seem to think because the American people don't care enough to do anything, that your government are more humane. Unfortunately most of the world know differently.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It's not a chinese war ship.
It's full of mass produced goods to sell to the new gov. of lybia.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer

Originally posted by pirhanna
I've been somewhat surprised at how many pro-Gaddafi people there are on ATS.
While I'm totally wise to all the manipulations of western governments, that doesn't minimize the fact that the Libyan people need to be free from Gaddafi, and if nothing was done, they would be slaughtered to preserve the dictatorial regime.

They aren't pro-Ghadaffi, they are anti-US. It doesn't matter what the US does, the haters are gonna hate. If the US did nothing they would whine about how we just watch while people died. The US does something and are killers wasting taxpayers money. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You're not damned if you don't though, because nobody wants you in the war. You're damned if you do, on the way to actually getting some respect if you don't.

This is just typical American mentality though, make it all about you. Despite the fact there's several nations involved, France in it deeper than anbody.

"Mommy, they're picking on me". Poor America.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by 27jd

Yep, and I am not blaming everyone who is leftist, but these days many people who lean to the left in politics seem to believe more leftist dictators than the oposition, to the point that many of them tend to not want to believe people who have experienced such leftist dictatorships.

To tell you the truth I do not want another war, and I doubt most Americans want another war either and i hope that in some way this can be solved without any escalation. We do not need another war and much less a world war.

However, China, Russia and other similar countries have contracts with Gadaffi which is making them rich which is why they didn't want the airstrikes, or for Gadaffi to be deposed, and this could start a mayor conflict if the Russians, or the Chinese decide that they want to keep Gadaffi in power.

How many leftists do you know who support Gadaffi? It's the people on the left, the ones who believe in humanity and Democracy, who've been calling for his removal.

Some of you Americans are so indoctrinated and foolish that it wouldn't surprise me if YOU'RE part of a covert Al Qaeda recruitment campaign.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
its going to come to a head soon anyways , as the UK and France want regime change which means taking out ghaddafi or having him exiled or captured. America doesnt want regime change .
Simply because their end goals dont agree there will be a stalemate and a power vacuum . Russia and China clearly dont want any further turmoil , they want to keep the current regime in power.
It could get very ugly fast .

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
It's not a chinese war ship.
It's full of mass produced goods to sell to the new gov. of lybia.

Oh silly me
I should have guessed it after seeing
those 7 inch guns on the deck. Those
can be sold at the local markets as
flower vases. Silly me, lol

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
This is just typical American mentality though, make it all about you. Despite the fact there's several nations involved, France in it deeper than anybody.

and do you think there is a reason why France
is at the forefront. Sometimes it pays to do a
lil research to get the real truth other than
listening to the MSM Spew on the boob tube.

timeline of events:

March 16, 2011:
The Gadhaffi family goes to the press and tells
them that they (Libya) funded Nicolas Sarkozy's
Presidential Campaign in 2007 and are ready to
tell the whole story to the press of how Sarkozy
is a Libyan puppet. No dollar amount was mentioned,
that was to be included in the follow-up interview.

www.bbc.co.uk...

March 16, 2011:
Gadhaffi tells the world that they want their money
back that they spent on Sarkozy.

www.euronews.net...

March 19, 2011:
France could not have Gadhaffi share this info or
it might de-stabilize the NWO agenda. So France
military jets attack Libyan ground targets. And
118 Tomahawk Missiles hit Gadhaffi's infrastructure
including an assassination attempt on Gadhaffi
himself by targeting his compound.

I find it very odd that 3 days after Gadhaffi
announced to the press that they funded
Sarkozy's (France's Presidential Campaign)
that they were bombed mercilessly.

Coincidence??? me thinks not !!!

This isn't about freedoms or protecting civilians,
this is about politics, money and corruption.

Gadhaffi was gonna expose parts of the NWO.

do your homework and find out for urself.

edit on 3/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hbpdfsu

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by randomname
china and russia should shut the f-up, because they both had a chance to veto this before it even begun.

edit on 22-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Maybe SOMETIMES China and Russia do the right thing. They authorized a no-fly zone.

>> What Obama and our military has done, is turned it into a bombing campaign and started a war. The UN was NOT authorizing that.

But this is the game of politics -- who knows, maybe Russia and China signed off on it so they could complain later -- the Republicans do this all the time.

you are dead wrong U.N.security council resolution 1973 clearly states in paragraph 4 that all member states are authorized to use all measurements to protect civilians that are under threat of attack...check it out it is very easy to find......it is not I repeat not just a no fly zone....people just cant seem to grasp that concept

It doesn't matter what is in the UN resolution. It is NOT LAW nor is it a treaty. It does NOT tell member states how to protect civilians. A treaty DOES supersede US law, but it also doesn't state how things are done.

Obama should have asked congress to VOTE on going to war with Libya -- that's the beginning and end of it.

He has a no-fly zone that has become a war and attacking Khadaffi's palace is NOT part of a no-fly zone.

>> Exactly when are we going to get back to the Separation of Powers?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jude11

Simple Grandstanding by China and Russia trying to look like the good guys... pffft.

They had their opportunity to say or do something at the UN by blocking the action.

What did they do?
Abstain

Too bad China/Russia.

edit on 22-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Thats pretty much what I was thinking as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's not up to the USA to say no. It's up to Gadhafi to order an immediate ceasefire, or up to the UN to let countries know to pull back.

This is a common misconception, that this is somehow an act of war by the United States against Libya. In reality, under international law, the USA is really only enforcing a United Nations resolution.

If Russia and China have a problem, they should take it up with the UN Security Council. If they really have a problem, they would have vetoed the whole vote.

Seeing as they didn't veto, they can't change their mind after the fact, unless terms of the resolution are being abused.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join