It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iniciate35761
Watching CNN and fox news with Nik Roberson:libyan gov't unable to prove where all the civilian casualties are?

Good question where are the casualties they are talking about?These are precision guided missile's we spend billions of dollars to pin point these on to one location with Maximum damage and little collateral damage. Where is the pictures of the hospital that was bombed? If these are true im sure they would have pictures all over the news showing the slaughter the UN is causing.

Just like everything from the war in Iraq has been shown on the news. Please. Our helicopters shot at a group of civilians and 2 were Reuters photographers in Iraq.
edit on 23-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well I saw this coming with the new pressures from China and Russia especially

The president says the U.S. will begin to pull back from Libya mission as Defense Dept. ends use of Tomahawk missiles on Qaddafi's forces

Source

Figured I would add this here as there are discussions on this very topic instead of starting a new thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nice wording on CNN right now.

"How can the US be held to a UN resolution when it clearly doesn't allow for the military to do the job."

Referring to No Fly Zone as holding the arms of the US military. Saying that congress wasn't allowed to weigh in on the vote.

Sounds like preparation to negate their own agreement.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I really don't understand the whole deal. why not let the chinese and russia handle the situation if they are so willing to interfere? maybe everybody should come to an agreement on how to deal with Libya.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by justanotherone

I think the thing is that China and Russia would rather sit aside and watch the events unfold. I don't think they care much about what happens there. Honestly I think that by interfering we are pushing the changes we want to see. Even if they rid themselves of Gaddafi there is no guarantee they will go Democratic. Unfortunately if they want to know Freedom they really should earn it for themselves not by being helped along. I mean that is one good way to take away the appreciation of being free.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gloomyblue707
reply to post by wcitizen

you seem to forget America is armed to the teeth with crazy budwieser guzzling hillbillies with outrageous stockpiles of ammunition and firearms... besides the fact that if we go they go... it will be a matter of time before you go as well... the world wont survive an all out nuclear war... use some common sense.

gloomyblue, I wasn't advocating nuclear war at all.....you misunderstood my post. It was in reply to the post I had quoted.
edit on 23-3-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

alright that would be epic fail for the entire human race... im sorry i misunderstood you.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gloomyblue707

alright that would be epic fail for the entire human race..

yeah, but prolly an epic win for the rest of the universe!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
France and Italy fued
Arab League left out
Russia and China order a halt
the coalition is falling apart
not good for the world
www.cnn.com...
some of you folks may just get ur wish,
this could end the United Nations
if worst case scenario

edit on 3/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Or just a show for the opposing countries. Make it look like there is uncertainty and lack of co-operation amongst NATO countries while the sorties and missions continue in the background during night ?
Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here is comes folks...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ban Ki-moon says his envoy warned the Libyan government that the UN Security Council may take "additional measures" if there is no compliance with the UN resolution

Seeing as the resolution already lets them take any necessary steps short of an invasion.......I guess this means we can't even rule that out now?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The CIA’s Libya Rebels: The Same Terrorists who Killed US, NATO Troops in Iraq

2007 West Point Study Shows Benghazi-Darnah-Tobruk Area was a World Leader in Al Qaeda Suicide Bomber Recruitment

tarpley.net...

west point study...
I bin tryin to tell youze
edit on 24-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't think Gaddafi is going to listen to Russia or China....

ok I know you're aiming at the US but think about it!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If they are it wouldnt be permanent cease fire there either moving troops or collecting assets...they voted for this crap now why would they say ok stop now cuz we said so

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hmmmm ... it seems Russia sure is interested in taking part on the spoils of a war they (feigned) protested in the first place.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

who could have seen that coming...?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I did, back on page 13 of this thread...

These kinds of negotiations are done behind the scenes, and it's extremely telling that China and Russia abstained instead of vetoing. China and Russia have many more contracts with the west than with Libya, and I'm sure they have been assured that they will still get their piece of the pie. As I said, their objections are nothing but theater, IMO.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

yes, i know. I was being sarcastic. I know a FEW of us saw through e politics of Russias claims, and yet this thread is FULL of folks who i doubt will come back to eat their crow...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yeah, some people think that politics are real, they remind me of the people that think pro wrestling is real. What's the term? Oh yeah, "for domestic consumption only". That's what they call politicians straight up lying to the drooling idiots back home, when they know damn well they're gonna do the opposite. Like when Pakistan said that if the U.S. breached their sovereignty again, they would respond militarily. Right.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join