It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BalanceViJudgement
When it comes to aerial combat, the United States Air Force owns the skies.

That's not how it looked on Sept. 11, 2001.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

LOL good one, Boy did those guys show the entire US airforce on the mainland, using nothing but boxcutters lmao..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Alot of propoganda mate, essentially to cover themselves, the F-22 is one of those things the USAF wish it could go back in time and avoid with a barge pole.

It is all hype, RAF Typhoons in the 2008 Red Flag, dominated them at close range and managed to lock them up at long range, they were set to have another sortie and the USAF made it's excuses and called it off.

Alot of impressive engagement statistics when facing other US aircraft.........

I wonder why?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
On topic:

Russia is the only one to fear in my opinion. China does not have the ability to project it's military around the world. It is defensive in nature and has too much to lose (financially) in confronting the United States.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Hmm interesting. The F22 relies on BVR combat for its advantages, I was not aware that a smally typhoon could see it at long range. Are you really sure about this? I read F22 pilot interviews, test pilots, exercise reports saying it dominated all F15s, but you could be right because it was the F15. I would be interested to learn more about them in Red Flag against eurofighter.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I assumed it was because of the maintenance cost on it's stealth capabilities which made the F-22 nonviable.

The F-22 Raptor uses the Pratt & Whitney F119 Turbofan Engine that offers a greater thrust ratio and maximum thrust than the MiG-35's RD-33. Is there something I'm not taking into consideration regarding the design specs?

Regardless, it does not change the fact that the United States Air Force has maintain aerial dominance in all wars since WW2. If we do go to war against China and Russia, I do not believe this will change.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have sent a U2U on the specifics to the relevant posters regarding the F-22 as to not de-rail this thread any longer.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oh Boy....not looking so good.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

The USAF is not 9000x better than anyone, you have to provide proof of that. A serb with 1960s technology shot down the best most advanced stealth fighter the USA had and you think that is 9000x better.

Fail.

The only reason your flags are higher is because you try to appeal to the masses not reason.

I stated the truth about 911 and you can't deny it. I was laughing at the public's stupidity.
edit on 22-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yeah its about right for Russia to wait until things start playing out then have something to say about it in opposition. What the hell do they do for the world?

Everytime you hear of middle eastern conflicts, you always hear how they have Russian weaponary, and it doesn't matter how old it is or how they got it, as far as im concerned they are just as guilty and should either help aide to stop the conflict with peaceful discussion or just stfu.

But thats just my opinion. I'm sure many on here disagree.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

US :
Available for military service 145,000,000
Budget: $692 billion
Active personnel approximately 2,285,000

China:
Available for military service: 748,000,000
Budget: $91.5 billion
Active personnel 1,477,896

Uhmm... Seems the US are outnumbered 5 to 1.

To claim that China isn't a threat is just ridiculous, though. Even with the US' huge budget, that doesn't mean anything, with China being the main supplier of rare minerals, they could seriously cripple the US. With China's advanced technologies and advanced weapons, it would be a brutal and bloody war indeed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jude11

Simple Grandstanding by China and Russia trying to look like the good guys... pffft.

They had their opportunity to say or do something at the UN by blocking the action.

What did they do?
Abstain

Too bad China/Russia.

edit on 22-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Right.

Either country could have vetoed the resolution.

Makes no sense... unless they want to escalate this?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm getting REALLY pissed off at the amount of war mongers and apologists on ATS lately. The usual suspects, so it's no surprise. However, it is REALLY disgusting.

This: "I'm surprised by the number of Ghadafi supporters on ATS lately."

Ghadafi supporters?! REALLY...?

Propaganda overdrive on this one. People are truly showing their true colors. How utterly ignorant do you have to be to think that someone on ATS would actually support this man? No one is supporting him or his regime. They're concerned that this will all spark an utter chaotic mess.

edit on 22-3-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

everyone gets lucky once right? regardless, US is still the dominant military power in the world.
We have more aircraft, more aircraft carriers, more everything than any other country.
You can kick and complain all you want but its the truth :-) im sorry your 1 example doesnt prove anything.

Also, I do not appeal to the masses. If you have read through my work( which you didnt have time to ) you would know that. So no proof. Im still trying to figure out whether you feign ignorance or just exude it?

regardless, i have given ATS more substance than you

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As far as the west is concerned, there are two types of dictators:

1. friendly
2. unfriendly

At any moment in time a particular dictator in this world can be one or the other, but at no time can they be both.

One day Donald Rumsfeld is shaking hands with a dictator.
The next he is hanging him high.

Welcome to America, judge and jury of all dictators in the world.

I literally laugh at the people in this thread who point at this attack by western powers as having anything to do with Gaddafi's "decades worth of Qaddafi's brutality" and that this attack is some kind of saintly intervention to avenge "Libya's massacre of their own people".

Only a complete fool would believe that. (Or someone working for the CIA)

This is a CIA-organized attack. Call it what it is.

What's the slogan of this site again? Oh yeah, DENY IGNORANCE?

Wake up, sheeple.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

assuming all of those chinese people would follow orders? most of their police/military are needed to keep the rest of the population at bay. Lol look at chinas poor excuse for humans rights.. To think all those people would just die for someone else instead of themselves is ludicrous at best. also, population means nothing when bombs can kill millions. Its called strategy

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Luck had nothing to do with it. Read my thread on how he managed to bring it down with proper training and tactics. No luck involved.

The commander that shot down the Stealth fighter avoided 23, count them, 23 HARM missles. Not only did he down the F117 Stealth fighter, he also shot down an f16 and damaged another aircraft. He was well trained, and luck had nothing to do with it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Just to stick my nose in here.......Are you all a little too hypes?
Firstly the airdefenses have to be degraded no screwing around either....Whatever that takes is within the UN mandate.
next thing is the agreement was to protect the libyan civvies.This is the reason they have done the initial tomahawk launch as well as attacked the Loyal forces who have NOT ceased trying to oust the rebels from the cities they "captured initially".
The mandate allows airstrikes upon gadaffis forces of they are in attack mode.
Well have to wait till the air war is a week or so old to really see if they are sticking to their mandate.
As far as the china russia call for ceasefire, it is propaganda plain and simple.
Both knew their absdtentions would give them ample propaganda opportunities to degrade the us.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join