It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konah
Tensions will rise and I believe we (the U.S.) will be given an ultimatum.

Yeah, cease all military action in Libya, or else they'll demand we cease all military action in Libya, again. The major powers of the world are in the process of securing and divying up the resources in the middle east by playing good cop, bad cop.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The U.N. was meant to bring stability to the world - I think I dreamt that one night. Now we are going straight down the road to WW111 no mistake and is it suprizing they're all fighting like hell with eachother and you know what - Does anyone know who put these guys in place???? Was it us the common people?

Take a look at all the arguments they're having - : www.dailymail.co.uk...

It'a not just the Germans, they're all at it!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Surely everyones not happy with the outcome. Well am I right in assuming that all other civillian uprisings will be backed by a "no fly zone"? How can all these arab countries allow such a thing to happen? Wont this mean that they will also be overun by angry protests?

would it be right to assume that this is the end of the dictatorships in the Middle East?
hasn't it always been the goal of the western world to "civilize" the middle east?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Well, doesn't it seem to you like only the dictators that are wildcards, with delusions that they can call the shots in the face of the major world powers are being removed? We see the same kinds of crackdowns in Bahrain, and Yemen, but those aren't the subject of 24 hour CNN coverage. Sure, there's mention of them for a few minutes here and there, but those dictators play nice with the big world powers, so they will not be subject to any intervention when they crack down. Only a sternly worded statement, along with a wink and a nod.
edit on 22-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Wow. I would certainly say so. Honestly I don't see much coming of this. Russia has historically voted against whatever the US votes for. Same goes for China. Call me an optimist, but I think the human instinct for survival is far to strong for us ever to go nuclear again. Also it is pretty well considered "Fact" now that our nukes can be shut down by our galactic neighbors at any time. Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13
Well i heard that Russia has the most powerful nuke in the human race, and if they decide to "forget" the

agreement to not fire any nukes on any country we are dead. But if china wants to go to war with us we'll be facing

robots
Yeah this is all if we say No.

When it comes to aerial combat, the United States Air Force owns the skies. Our old F-22 Raptors, designed pre-Y2K, are able to go faster than the Russian Sukhois and MiGs. I don't know about our F-35s, but I'm pretty sure our F-22s are currently the most superior fighter jet the U.S. HAS INTRODUCED TO DATE.

Without any air superiority, the only way I know that the Russian government has left to deploy their nukes would be to fire it long range. So, long as our satellite system or other means of monitoring are still functional during such an event, we'll be okay - Patriots, Tridents, you name it.

Regarding China, I do not believe the country my family has left in 1990 has any interest in waging a war. Like South Korea, it'll have A LOT to lose if war was brought into it's home front. Should the People's Republic of China decide to let their ego/arrogance get to them and start a fight against the U.S., it will. If anything, their purpose for sending a military ship to that region would be to maintain/protect it's economic interests in that area.

Since 2004, China has concluded similar deals in at least seven resource-rich countries in Africa, for a total of nearly $14 billion.

Foreign Affairs

I agree with other posters who have stated that Russia and China's incentive regarding Libya are mainly financial. Does not one agree that a country's economic growth, such as those China has invested in, depends also on it's political stability?
edit on 22-3-2011 by BalanceViJudgement because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

Originally posted by lewman
i just hope for the people in the uk to turn against those in power as it is the uk who started this bs and now we have to watch this crap on the news and see these cringeworthy front pages of the murdoch owned news papers, while their are much worse atrocities going on in yemen, lebanon,palestine and the ivory coast but we dont get involved there.
its a joke.

UK and American Governments are as bad as each other dont just play the blame game!

Um no. The UK has more evil in it's pinky then the US has in it's entirety. If you look at 20th Century US history, every time the US does something stupid or bad there is always a bunch of British banksters who benefit from it and often instigated the action in the first place.

And surprise surprise British banksters have a huge amount at stake in Libya. I really hope either the US leaves NATO and the remainder NATO nations align with China right before ww3 or the UK is kicked from NATO and aligns with the Chinese right before ww3.

Because American's have a lot to "pay back" to the UK and the British citizenry who have grown fat off of American suffering.

Because it really hit me the other day, the US has more then enough energy reserves to last several centuries. The EU, especially the UK don't. They are in a "peak oil crisis" because their regional development of energy is severely limited. We Americans have to pay more at the pump so the British can have cheap gas(UK citizens get gas cheaper then American citizens when you ignore taxes).

This is no different then when the British robbed India's grain so London could get fat while hundreds of millions starved in India. Now the British are stealing American energy so London can stay nice and warm while many American's on a fixed budget are left to freeze to death.

Don't ever compare our respective nations as being "similar" again. Because they are nothing alike.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is not a big deal. If u have read enough here at ATS or researched on the rise of the Soviet Union and China, then you would know none of these countries are really enemies. Its the hegelian dialect. The globalists are going to do what they want. It's like saying FDR did not know the Japanese were going to bomb Pearl Harbor. Of course he did but he needed them to to end the isolation concept that american citizens were behind. No real news here just propaganda for the sheeple.........

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konah
reply to post by Samuelis

More airstrikes continue near Misrata. The U.S. will continue, unconstitutionally, aiding in these attacks, and tensions will grow between the United States and Russia and China. I presume the U.S. will respond to Russia and China, along with France and England possibly, by citing the U.N.'s Resolution as "just cause".

Tensions will rise and I believe we (the U.S.) will be given an ultimatum.

yep

This is what i think to

But if the ultimatum is a threat the world just got it self another World War i trust the Chinese & Russian will [Snip] off and stop stering the [snip] pot

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chindogu
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Wow. I would certainly say so. Honestly I don't see much coming of this. Russia has historically voted against whatever the US votes for. Same goes for China. Call me an optimist, but I think the human instinct for survival is far to strong for us ever to go nuclear again. Also it is pretty well considered "Fact" now that our nukes can be shut down by our galactic neighbors at any time. Just sayin'

Your only thinking about ICBM's. Probably the reason the US developed hypersonic missiles....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So... where were their calls for "cease fire" when Khadaffi's thugs were slaugtering unarmed civilians? Oh, that's right, both China and Russia employ the use of armed military against unruly and unarmed civilians. While I don't think anyone would interfere with their internal affairs as much as we're outraged at their brutality, they must really empathize with Khadaffi.

Sure, the US has had "missteps" in the past, like Kent State and maybe Waco, and a few others. However, we're talking about small, localized incidents, not full scale automatic weapons fire into a crowd of thousands. And, nothing in recent history unless I really overlooked something. And, again, if I did, then it was still on a smaller scale. Russia and China have done more damage and more recently.

For them to assert any form of outrage is really hypocritical because they expressed little outrage when unarmed protesters were being slaughtered.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't see anything happening out of this. China and Russia want to be the knights in shining armour, but they're as morally repulsive as the other western powers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BalanceViJudgement

The F-22 is a joke tbh, alot of hype to cover the shambles of a programme it became.

It cannot 'go faster' than Russian Migs either.

Apart from it's true advantage of being difficult to aquire head on, it is just an F-15 with thrust vectoring, that allows it to pull fancy WVR stunts that are useless in combat. The F-22 was supposed to replace all the old F-15's and F-16's in the Air-to-Air role, it did not.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Dear China and Russia,
I know you have a lot of power.
but you can kiss my keister!

I find it hilarious chinas clammers about "human rights".

I think its time we remind china that most of their "power" is numbers on a book. Unfortunately for them, numbers in a book dont matter as much as a carrier fleet bearing down upon them!

China is one country I will not extend civility to, and no offense to our chinese members, as I tell most people, it is not you I protest, it is your evil government!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Maybe Russia and China need to get together to enforce a new no fly zone over Libya shooting down Nato fighters.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Have you heard about the exercises in Alaska like 98-0 kill to death ratio for F22 vs F15. I would say the F22 is the best out there, and nothing comparable to it really.

But back to topic, sorry got sidetracked.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well well. We may have "Gog" and "Magog" getting themselves all warmed up for action. Interesting times.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600
Well well. We may have "Gog" and "Magog" getting themselves all warmed up for action. Interesting times.

We USA are the Gog and Magog:

Read this free book, it will tell you all about who the Gog and Magog are
www.scribd.com...

Open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I will have to admit, you rarely offer anything of substance to the conversation. I dont think I have seen a single decent post from you. Im starting to think your handle "the professional" refers to you being a troll?
wheres your 2nd line?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Look at my threads, and you will see I have much more substance than you could provide your entire life. Where is your 87th line?

You have to counter my statement, not say "troll" that is a lame excuse for an argument.
edit on 22-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join