It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
In this thread I have seen it rationalized that neither China or Russia have anything to gain by going to war with the US and I agree. I would like to point out the US does have a strategic reason to go to war with China.

There is only a finite amount of oil on this planet and we have past peak production, everyone knows what that means right? So while Iran and China have been such good friends, China’s supply, industrial and economical expansion is assured. Only 25% of Libya’s surface has been explored for oil reserves and it’s suspected more lies undiscovered. They have a manageable military and small population. When Libya became unstable, it was inevitable that the US would get involved.

I’m just saying the oil clock is ticking and I don’t see any sort of dramatic energy reform, happening within the US. Not even talk of it. Will we just run our SUVs until they are on “E” and walk away? Will the corporate backers of our government allow that to happen, while there is still huge profits to be made from an ever decreasing resource? At the same time those that control the oil, also deny it to their competitors.

Sorry for repeating myself over this issue, but if it isn’t dependant upon the morality of the people, if a conflict for world domination is eminent, it makes more sense for the US to do it “sooner” rather than “later”.

Once you remove the moral implications and the morality of the people wasn’t an obstacle for invading Iraq. The choices are pretty clear.

A) Either eventually the US and the world, peacefully accepts China as the next dominant power.
or
B) We use what military advantage, if any that we have now, while we still have a chance of success.

China will eventually surpass us in economy, technology and military, while at the same time any dominance the US has will continue to decline along with it’s economy. So which will we choose?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iniciate35761

No, the attacks on Libya were simply a warning, the cease fire is everyone giving Libya another chance to resolve this peacefully, this has nothing to do with Oil,NWO,or anything else..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The Chinese criminal government is just trying to win public opinion as usual. They will definitely not get involved in open military actions for hundred of reasons. Mainly because they are most scared of the world taking a clear look of what they are doing in their backyard killing their own people in concentration camps and for their organs.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Although our leaders tried to give an image of unanimity to this attack on Libya, after some days we can see that the truth is much more gray than the black&white they try to create.

Some facts about Khadaffi and Lybia:

- He is the one that freed Libya some 40 years ago from colonial forces.
- The country has used the money from oil to develop into one of the richest African countries with good medical aid, housing, shooling, ...
- Khadaffi invested a lot in the irrigation of Libya, a massive and fruitfull program.
- Khadaffi had agreements with a lot of European countries to halt illegal immigrants.
- Most Lybians are in favor of Khadaffi.
- Khadaffi has been demonized by the west because he kicked them out 40 years ago. Since about a decade this changed because Khadaffi was big business.
- As Khadaffi stated the rebels origine is Al-Quada: Lybian taliban fighters that helped in Afghanistan against the Russians came back and started actions in their own land. These groups are at the origin of the uprising and do have a limited support in the eastern part of the country (which was always a region of tribal uprising)

A lot of these facts are not looked at or willingly put aside by most media.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted but after reading this I came across tihs video!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

A nuclear attack on Lybia would be highly unlikely due to the fact that our (US) nuclear weapons can only be used if a country fires one at us first....kinda crappy

Unless Gadhafi has an ICBM in his back pocket...we shouldn't be too worried about it

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This could be off the subject but, the USM still is a force to be reckoned with..... don't get to scared just yet. Check the wiki link out and tell me if this is someone you really want to mess with?

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vizo13

A nuclear attack on Lybia would be highly unlikely due to the fact that our (US) nuclear weapons can only be used if a country fires one at us first....kinda crappy

Unless Gadhafi has an ICBM in his back pocket...we shouldn't be too worried about it

Kind of crappy?? Thank god it's highly unlikely and the US isn't running around dropping nukes on everyone.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

So nuclear weapons. Is that a "worst case" scenario?

Jamie

how worse would you like it to be??

I am NOT saying they will do it.

I'm just saying it's possible.

This was the entire reason for
the Cold War.

Fair point, but what I meant was, on a scale of 1-10 how likely is it that things could flare up given that China has asked for an immediate cease-fire, backed by Russia which has also asked the same. (10 being the most )
Jamie

As far as Russia and China, I think things could get uneasy if we continue to ignore their views on this whole issue

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FloodtheSkies

Umm what makes u think South Africa will side with the US?

The Chinese are far bigger allies and trade partners of South Africa.

We Dont see Barack Obama coming to South Africa to sign trade agreements we do however have the Chinese doing this.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Why would that change my viewpoint on China not being as much of a threat?

The size of a population doesn't really come into it, unless you are looking at who would lose the most when WMD's are used.

China does not have effective military projection!

Their military is not suitable for invading countries, what they have is a strong defensive force with little modern warfare experience.

Their 'offensive projection' is cyber attack.

There is alot more to take into consideration when comparing a nation's military capability than playing 'Top Trumps' with Wiki information!
edit on 23-3-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by spikey
I think you'll find it was Gaddafi who 'started it' when he ordered the slaughter of peaceful protesters.

and I think you'll find that the CIA, US State Dept
and George Soros started it by training the protesters
and inciting them to protest and giving them the means.

and the boogieman under the bed...

There is no good guy here. Gadhaffi is not the good guy
and neither is the CIA for instigating a national uprising.

Qaddafi is presently reaping from the decades of horrors he had sewn with his brutal dictatorship. as I've stated elsewhere...

Good to see Obama doing what MUST be done instead of being a wuss and "attempting to consider the thoughts and feelings of Everyone..." as people are dying. Its good to see the man let his suit fall to the side - and have his REAL uniform show. He is the Commander in Chief of the United States of America. My family members and friends who are still in service LIVES depend on GOOD DECISION making by you Mr. Pres.

Don't let them down!

Less we forget, it wasn't completely Obamas, decision, Congress was the culprit in pushing for the invasion. Obama simply did what the UN articles permit.

Congress did not push anything.

Ron paul stated that Obama got his permission from the U.N instead of going to congress, which in constitution, The U.S president needs approval of the congress before going to war.

To those of you wondering what the result will be if china and russia gets pissed. It's simple. World war 3.
Something will go horribly wrong that will trigger this.

At this point...may God have mercy on us all.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i know wiki link is weak.....but even the numbers are there and then you have two nations run by dictators looking at these other countries rising up against there dictator no matter what the consequences are. All i know is we better be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. What ever happened to the forum that hit a couple days ago about the Chinese camps located in Mexico and Canada.......I seen several debunk it but has it been looked into any more?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The first one to watch in all of this is Syria.

All you are hearing right now is rhetoric, empty threats. Russia and China are essentially echoing their 'concerns'.

When the destabilisation campaign of the US/UK/Israel goes big in Syria then we have a situation that could provoke Iran to do something. This, I believe is what this is all about. Force Iran's hand, provoke her to commit and the 'Imperialists' have their excuse.

Meanwhile 'divide and conquer' our very own 'satellite states' in North Africa and the Middle East whilst reaping the rewards of contracts for energy and ofc contracts to rebuild. Not forgetting the purposefull 'long protracted war' so we have excuses to build permanent bases in those countries.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Russia, China, and the US will never go to war. One reason is that China has too much in stock with the US. If they attack the US, they will never get their debt back. Plus, they r not the imperialist type of people, like the white man.

Plus, I think China is a real mastermind. They r real controllers. Why else do u think our policies is in favor of building up their economy.
edit on 23-3-2011 by amfirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Have you ever heard of China's "GhostNet"?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Consider the possiblities now......

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Why call for a ceasefire now?

WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN the libyans were ruthlessly EXTERMINATED by the CCP's buddy Gaddafi????!!!

Oh wait...birds of a feather flock together. These 2 govs had never CARED about humanity, except for their own rule. TianAnMen massacres must had been lost to their memory.

Perhaps it is time for the chinese masses to stage an immediate uprising? Need no further evidence on how the illegitimate CCP ruler intends to rule china with bullets, paid off the backs of the our fellow chinese brothers and sisters!!!

We have a situation where the world is not big enough for 3 bullies. America, China and Russia. America has already proven to be a worthy bully, now the other two are ganging up on him to show America that he is no longer the only big kid in the playground. It's not about right or wrong it's about the might of the strong.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
need to watch this topic, wish I could subscribe without replying.

got something to add now
Navy running out of tomahawk missiles

edit on 3/23/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join