It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
is it just me or do 8 out of 10 people on this thread think the resolution that the U.N. passed is just a no fly zone?
U.N. security council resolution 1973 is not a "no fly zone" resolution. The no fly zone is simply one part of it. The resolution in paragraph 4 authorizes member states to use all measures to protect citizens as long as troops are not deployed as an occupation force..look it up
edit on 22-3-2011 by hbpdfsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Yep, and I am not blaming everyone who is leftist, but these days many people who lean to the left in politics seem to believe more leftist dictators than the oposition, to the point that many of them tend to not want to believe people who have experienced such leftist dictatorships.

Well, I try to stay clear of the right vs. left thing. Israel uses internet brigades to protect their image pretty heavily too.

However, China, Russia and other similar countries have contracts with Gadaffi which is making them rich which is why they didn't want the airstrikes, or for Gadaffi to be deposed, and this could start a mayor conflict if the Russians, or the Chinese decide that they want to keep Gadaffi in power.

This I have to disagree with. These kinds of negotiations are done behind the scenes, and it's extremely telling that China and Russia abstained instead of vetoing. China and Russia have many more contracts with the west than with Libya, and I'm sure they have been assured that they will still get their piece of the pie. As I said, their objections are nothing but theater, IMO.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have always been kinda a news geek... even when i was in my party days i still kept up on current world events ... and i see alot stuff going down that s nothing new... but in such a short amount of time ... i feel like i watched 10 years of events unfold in a matter of weeks. Ask someone from the mid to late 60's i bet they saw alot going down as well... but i feel the times have changed ...and changed in a bigger faster way. Who knows what will happen .. times are getting so crazy... everyone is just wondering hmmm... and to all those haters hating... they gonna die ignorant not knowing. Because thats the way they wanted it. Never knowing ,never believing. To those who can see the world is changing.. be prepared... for what? only time will tell right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Screw Russia, screw Libya - cowards. Take a stand and believe in it and fight for it.....or just be dicks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

A lot of people talk about "the CIA, and FBI, etc, etc" are watching and have paid employees in websites like this one", but those same people don't say anything about the Chinese, Russian, Venezuelan, and other governments who have even more "paid propagandists" and "government employees" posting in websites as this one to try to blame it all on the west and TRY to keep countries like China, and Russia squeaky clean...

Here here. I enjoyed a sigh of relief when I read that. I really wonder at how blindly ethnocentric American's are. OF COURSE other countries subvert media. What's more, most of the countries that are rife with corruption, led by dictators (or not) etc only have to pay their trolls $1 a day... sometimes less.

People, please don't you think that it isn't plausible for crime gangs that engage in propaganda to work across borders? They are well organised and considered useful. I almost bang my head each time I hear that the CIA etc are paying trolls. If Indian telemarketers can afford to call me 5 times a day 365 days a year with no return is it so hard to believe that the internet doesn't have a large troll presence from non-US countries, lol.

I think American paid misinformation agents must be outnumbered 1000:1, nah 10,000:1 if that!

It's disappointing. I'm convinced that the main thrust of conspiracy theorists is based on the self serving belief that we are in control, or there is a way to arrest control when nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What are China going to do. Execute more of their own people in protest?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Russia and China are simply trying to protect their investments it's all a power play between the Superpowers.They don't want the regime overthrown for fear of the US and UK putting some one in power who will be hostile towards them. Fun and Games y'all fun and games...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have this bad feeling this is the contrived means to fulfilling the Georgia Guidestones
objectives. Falsely perceived east versus west conflict and annihilation,
but the elite scurry to their worldwide bunkers while 90% of us perish.
Is this what it all has been leading up to? The last Hurrah.
ALL of the world governments are on the same side and working for the same hierarchy,
together against us, the unknowingly, unwittingly, historically enslaved cattle,
and the time is ripe for the culling.
This is a devious, age old plot, finally coming to fruition.
All the multi-faceted conspiracy tentacles come into their own.
What do we do now people? What can we do now then?
The decent have always been against all war, but they have always suffered the most.

add-on : I know there is a population census coming up soon in Ireland and the u.k.
I think there is something nefarious going on here and am refusing to
co-operate. Is there any similar census going on in any other countries?
If so, i, for one will take it as a very bad sign.
edit on 22-3-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Happy to see that these acts wont go unquestioned even though it's for their own personel interests.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
Oh shizzle fizzle this is big stuff.

Jamie

Not really. Of course China will say that - I wouldn't expect anything less. If they were that bothered they would have voted against the UN resolution instead of abstaining.

IMO it's not about being "bothered".. remember saddam invaded Kuwait after the US more or less "abstained" from saying "no".. then the US got all pissed off afterwards? (Google: U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie July 1990 + saddam)

This is Chess, not Checkers.. China & Russia et al are happy to step aside and watch neo-clown 2.0bama high step into Libya spattering fresh wet feces... now they can step back laughing "lol!!.. you step in crap!!"

Why stop your so called "foe" from doing something stupid?.. let them screw themselves.. it's cost effective, yet worth it's weight in propaganda gold.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
but I thought it had already been established
that the plan that the Security Council voted
for and what actually happened in Libya
were 2 different Plans of action.

How/where has this been established? The premise for your argument is flawed.

Yes Russia and China abstained on the vote
to only engage Libya's air force in the air.

False:

The UN Security Council Resolution: "Authorizes Member States that have notified the Secretary-General, acting nationally or through regional organizations or arrangements, and acting in cooperation with the Secretary-General, to take all necessary measures, notwithstanding paragraph 9 of resolution 1970 (2011), to protect civilians and civilian populated areas under threat of attack in the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, including Benghazi, while excluding a foreign occupation force of any form on any part of Libyan territory, and requests the Member States concerned to inform the Secretary-General immediately of the measures they take pursuant to the authorization conferred by this paragraph which shall be immediately reported to the Security Council;"

In which case Russia and China and the Arab League
and the rest of the Security Council were NOT told
the truth in what events were about to happen.
They were lied to, to give the attacks on Libya
justification.

How were they lied to? Please provide links to the UN Security Council resolution and specific examples of violations.

and I think you'll find that the CIA, US State Dept
and George Soros started it by training the protesters
and inciting them to protest and giving them the means.

Please provide evidence or admit this is your own personal assumption.

please show a link anywhere on the net
that shows a no-fly zone as targeting
a presidential compound which had no
weapons.
That was an assassination attempt
on Gadhaffi.

Assumption.

oh, you mean the protesters who were
being led by the CIA ???

Assumption.

a solution for a problem
caused by the CIA.

Provide evidence for your personal theories/assumptions!

I wonder if you have any idea just where that
$1Billion that was just printed with the printing
flaw will end up in the near future ???
Can you say ABSTAIN bribery ???

Blatantly tenuous assumption.

Originally posted by Echtelion
Where the hell where you when GPS imagery from Russian's military revealed that the so-called bombings by Gaddhafi were a fabrication by the Western media and governments?

Evidence?

yes, you are right, I do have an agenda.
That agenda is the truth.

If your agenda is really 'the truth' I would expect you to make far fewer assumptions and false statements, and actually back up your arguments with evidence.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by hbpdfsu

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
Would anyone like to theorise for me what COULD happen next? I'm really interested in our future...

Jamie

Nothing is going to happen involving russia or china.....same old song and dance from them.

I believe the big question is what happens when the US does put boots on the ground? They will. Of that I have no doubt.

What are China and Russia going to say to a big slap in the face then?

I dont believe we will put boots on the ground and if we did russia and china will complain and thats all...
Just have to wait and see..another poster said that china and russia were prob in on this behind the scenes and I tend to agree with that....Bottom line, they could have vetoed this and they didnt

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin032188
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It actually is big in Might because the pansy US government would never ever gather up enough balls to attack that Ship or even try to block its path. The Chineese have enough troops and reserves to put an armed guard on every man and woman in the U.S.

The one's they put on my house wouldn't last long!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well i heard that Russia has the most powerful nuke in the human race, and if they decide to "forget" the

agreement to not fire any nukes on any country we are dead. But if china wants to go to war with us we'll be facing

robots
Yeah this is all if we say No.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Well, as far as nukes go, last I heard the U.S. had a couple too. After a certain size, it doesn't really matter too much I'd imagine. And Chinese made robots??
That means they're reverse engineered Japanese robots, that will fall apart within a half hour of being taken out of the box, long before they could get their pinchers on us. Again, they're in on this. Think of it like the WWE, they all pretend to be enemies for the dumbass masses, and all drink and party together at the end of the day with our hard earned money, laughing at how easy it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is anyone willing to hazard a guess at what will occur in the next few weeks? Any key events to look out for?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Russia and China abstained because they KNOW that Gaddafi is brutal dictator who is 100% guaranteed to slaughter and torture thousands and thousands of people

can you point me to a link on the internet
that proves Gadhaffi killed thousands and thousands
of his own people??? Well, I mean BEFORE the CIA
led uprisings started ??? thanks

Well since hes been at war with his own people for 3 weeks now are you reporting from BoondockNews hes not killed anyone LOL there was an estimated 1000 killed in the first week, we just wont know till hes out the true extent, IT COULD BE WAY MORE but the media have capped it around 1400 for now,

So now can you provide evidence of the CIA leading this uprising?

You must be completely deluded if you think the Libya people are going to side with the CIA are you sure there not terrorist? or just maybe they are Libya protesters after all, give your brain a much needed rest

You say you seek the truth but its very clear you fail at truth. because nearly everything you have said in this thread is mearly your opinion coupled with speculation & conspiracy and i will even go as far as saying propaganda, you sure you're an American or do you just live there

edit on 22-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
These two allies need to calm down and stick to the plan.

If they really want to rule the world together.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

More airstrikes continue near Misrata. The U.S. will continue, unconstitutionally, aiding in these attacks, and tensions will grow between the United States and Russia and China. I presume the U.S. will respond to Russia and China, along with France and England possibly, by citing the U.N.'s Resolution as "just cause".

Tensions will rise and I believe we (the U.S.) will be given an ultimatum.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join