It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
WOW!...Wonder what's gonna happen here? What if the US sez NO!

So many questions:

Latest...And now for ABC News:

China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya

All parties must "immediately cease fire and resolve issues through peaceful means," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regularly scheduled news conference, citing unconfirmed reports that the airstrikes had caused civilian deaths.

abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=8026610
edit on 22-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

edit on 22-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

During Gates's Visit, Russian Defense Minister Calls for Immediate Cease-Fire

"Unfortunately, recent developments in the country demonstrate that it is experiencing real hostilities, destroying civilian facilities, and the killing of civilians," Serdyukov said. "This shouldn't have been let to happen and we informed our U.S. counterparts of our opposition."

nationaljournal.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

BEIJING - China called Tuesday for an immediate cease-fire in Libya where the U.S. and European nations have launched punishing airstrikes to enforce a United Nations endorsed no-fly zone.

And here's another interesting development:

"North Korea also Tuesday urged an immediate halt to the airstrikes. An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said they were "a wanton violation of Libya's sovereignty and a hideous crime against humanity." "

www.haaretz.com...

Now we can question:

No need to panic over Chinese warship off coast of Libya!

One of the most ironic developments in the Libyan crisis is the reaction of American military pundits to China dispatching a warship to the Mediterranean Sea.

The warship Xuzhou, which media outlets described as a "4,000-ton frigate, fully armed with air defence missiles," or simply as a "Chinese missile ship," would appear to a layperson to be both massive and powerful. The rationale that American analysts give for the Chinese deploying the Xuzhou is "projecting China’s power off the coast of Libya."

Source:

thechronicleherald.ca...

edit on 22-3-2011 by jude11 because: clean up

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Oh shizzle fizzle this is big stuff.

Jamie

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
WOW!...Wonder what's gonna happen here? What if the US sez NO! Or will they do what they are told because of their debt?

Another play for WW3?

oohh...so many questions:

BEIJING - China called Tuesday for an immediate cease-fire in Libya where the U.S. and European nations have launched punishing airstrikes to enforce a United Nations endorsed no-fly zone.

www.haaretz.com...

If Japan isn't called in their debt from U.S, which is larger than Chinese, during a Tsunami when they desperately need it... CHINA isn't calling in their debt over a few dead Libyans.

That one Chinese ship in the Medeteranian, which is significant in statue, however not in might.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
Oh shizzle fizzle this is big stuff.

Jamie

Not really. Of course China will say that - I wouldn't expect anything less. If they were that bothered they would have voted against the UN resolution instead of abstaining.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why call for a ceasefire now?

WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN the libyans were ruthlessly EXTERMINATED by the CCP's buddy Gaddafi????!!!

Oh wait...birds of a feather flock together. These 2 govs had never CARED about humanity, except for their own rule. TianAnMen massacres must had been lost to their memory.

Perhaps it is time for the chinese masses to stage an immediate uprising? Need no further evidence on how the illegitimate CCP ruler intends to rule china with bullets, paid off the backs of the our fellow chinese brothers and sisters!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The little chinese guided missile frigate in the Mediterranean off the coast of Libya might be carrying the bad little supersonic cruise missile that can sink US aircraft carriers. They seem to be making a statement by being in the region with that ship.

Scary indeed, sabre-rattling in the ME. Not Good.

edit on 22-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It actually is big in Might because the pansy US government would never ever gather up enough balls to attack that Ship or even try to block its path. The Chineese have enough troops and reserves to put an armed guard on every man and woman in the U.S.

Not a country to piss around with. If China says stop, they mean it. Russia is also ordering a Ceasefire. The bible says trouble will come out of the north and the east in the midst of this mess in Libya, Egypt, and ancient Ethiopia. The prophecy is in Daniel 11. Verse 45 i think, would have to look it up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It would seem carving up libya would in the long term benefit all african countries around libya with oil revenues,theres allways a better reason for the bomb the s***t out of them mantra that was used ,with good reason in iraq as madass Hussein did use chemical weapons on civilians,gaddafi was just as dangerous but not now,still get the oil fields,everybody wants their piece,in a pieceful way

Some size of cake,yummy,yummy.
The end of the day ,europe,uk gets the cash to pay china what they owe ,anyone for poker,whos dealing man,
Well US was supposed to be helping to support no fly zone,not showing the illustrated encyclopedia of aerial deployment and tactical bombing targets and success targetting to the whole world,when it was a european action ?Bunch a lies and BS
edit on 22-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
it seems they want a cease fire to safely evacuate their own people.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't amount to much, it has the potential to get really ugly though. There's alot of vested interest in that area to alot of different powers here and to think we could be that close to a major conflict is chilling. It's little reigonal conflicts like this that have led to war before, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

Evidence?

Jamie.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
reply to post by jude11

Russia as well.

Russian Defense Minister Calls for Immediate Cease-Fire

-Al

Thanks! I was posting that as an edit to the Original Post and then I seen yours. Sorry for a double up.

Jude11

link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
The little chinese guided missile frigate in the Mediterranean off the coast of Libya might be carrying the bad little supersonic cruise missile that can sink US aircraft carriers.

maybe I'm wrong but
i thought that carrier cruise
missile was only a land based
firing platform which means
it hasn't been formatted on
Chinese Navy Vessels yet.

link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Why call for a ceasefire now?

WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN the libyans were ruthlessly EXTERMINATED by the CCP's buddy Gaddafi????!!!

Oh wait...birds of a feather flock together. These 2 govs had never CARED about humanity, except for their own rule. TianAnMen massacres must had been lost to their memory.

Perhaps it is time for the chinese masses to stage an immediate uprising? Need no further evidence on how the illegitimate CCP ruler intends to rule china with bullets, paid off the backs of the our fellow chinese brothers and sisters!!!

I've been somewhat surprised at how many pro-Gaddafi people there are on ATS.
While I'm totally wise to all the manipulations of western governments, that doesn't minimize the fact that the Libyan people need to be free from Gaddafi, and if nothing was done, they would be slaughtered to preserve the dictatorial regime.

And screw those two-faced Arab governments that wanted this then did an about face as soon as Gadaffi makes false claims that the west is only there killing hospital workers and children (like that makes any sense).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i just hope for the people in the uk to turn against those in power as it is the uk who started this bs and now we have to watch this crap on the news and see these cringeworthy front pages of the murdoch owned news papers, while their are much worse atrocities going on in yemen, lebanon,palestine and the ivory coast but we dont get involved there.
its a joke.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

If that is so, wherefore Mugabe?

link   
Would anyone like to theorise for me what COULD happen next? I'm really interested in our future...

Jamie

link   
it's not just China and Russia.
The Arab League is in on it too.

It seems somebody lied again
to the Security Council of what the
no-fly zone consisted of.

Where have we heard that before??
hint hint: Colin Powell

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
Would anyone like to theorise for me what COULD happen next? I'm really interested in our future...

Jamie

very intense heat
and lots of radiation
worst case scenario

but don't wanna fear monger

but it is possible

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join