It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

were you there? lol your so full of it! also there was a lot of luck, think of how many different factors would have to be right for it to happen? aha. Regardless, even if he was so well trained, that doesnt mean everyone else is? aha, so like it said, one in a million, which is why we dont hear about something like this happening more often. just once in a great while. how many man hours were spent over baghdad during the invasion? And how many planes shot down?
like I said, 1 in a million. You can argue all you want about some past arbitrary issue, however your fool for thinking it applies across the board! aha well that was easy

long story short, you want a fight? I'll take the USAF and you can have all the serbians with rocket launchers you can handle ahahahahahahaha
edit on 3/22/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
my one question is...

Is this a new cold war or just a proxy war?

Cause it cant be a "hot" war since the US are in no condition of fighting russia+china+eventually/almost certanly Nkorea which will take advantage of the situation along with their allies...

Anyone who thinks that the US can wage a war of the magnitude that russia and china can, is delusional.

Plus if you want to talk about nukes, Russia has more on their backyard that makes the US nuclear arsenal look like a child's play.

If Russia and China (along with NK) forces the US to go all in, the US will fold since theres no more than bluff from the US hands... only can pick on the little guys (and even little guys can do a LOT of damage to the so-called US military superiority... vietnam sure brings a lot of still all too fresh memories... and Iraq isnt going that well either)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Iraq air defense had poor training. Give them brand new russian equipment and proper training and you will see. It was not one in a million for the air defense commander. There were probably a few stealth fighters that flew past him but he was smart enough to know which one to hit. So it was not one in a million for him. If he had better equipment and more time, more fighters would have gone down.

Not only that he dodged 23 of the US's best missiles that were shot at him, all without breaking a sweat. He was probably taking a cigar break and laughing at the US missile flying past and missing lmao. Well that was easy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Maybe Russia and China need to get together to enforce a new no fly zone over Libya shooting down Nato fighters.

thats pretty hillarious, but im thinking you are serious...have you seen china's new top gun video? ..laughable

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There are about 40 countries that are brutally suppressing their people.

While Khadaffi is a jerk - -and a bad man. Why are we getting involved after 40 years of his nonsense?

Sure, the people are rising up - but they are and have been in other countries -- the ONLY real difference, is that we are covering this in the Media.

>> Now, my cynical nature is that this has something to do with Libya being #2 in Oil deposits -- and my gut feeling is -- that China and other nations are calling for a cease fire -- so that they can make sure that the USA doesn't get control of the oil fields.

It's Iraq all over again -- I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think China is going to sit back and let us take more resources.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't know if this is off topic or not. Just who are the wonderful allies really supporting? I found this by looking at a comment posted to the Story by Gordon Duff about the 50,000 Israel mercenaries aiding Gadaffi:somalilandpress.com... The Libyan government soldiers and mercenaries are being released under tribal agreements.

They say the current attacks are racially motivated because the rebels have released many actual Libyan mercenaries and soldiers under a tribal agreement. They believe many Arabs felt their Libyan leader was abandoning them for black Africans ever since he became a “pan-Africanist”. Many immigrants were
Im with Russia and China. Immediate cease fire until the real; truth comes out. " Libyan rebels are executing black immigrants while forces kidnap others" is the heading.
edit on 23-3-2011 by michial because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
china and russia should shut the f-up, because they both had a chance to veto this before it even begun.

edit on 22-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Maybe SOMETIMES China and Russia do the right thing. They authorized a no-fly zone.

>> What Obama and our military has done, is turned it into a bombing campaign and started a war. The UN was NOT authorizing that.

But this is the game of politics -- who knows, maybe Russia and China signed off on it so they could complain later -- the Republicans do this all the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Blasts and AA fire as recent as two hours ago in Tripoli.

Seems the West did not heed the warning, or maybe just don't care, who knows at this point?

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If they had a serious problem with this they would have vetoed the action in the UN Security Council. Instead they abstained from the vote and now are making what amounts to fairly weak statements against what we are doing.

Basically this is for scoring some slight political points at home and in the public eye with certain groups around the world, but it means nothing in reality. Just a bit of political/diplomatic smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by randomname
china and russia should shut the f-up, because they both had a chance to veto this before it even begun.

edit on 22-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Maybe SOMETIMES China and Russia do the right thing. They authorized a no-fly zone.

>> What Obama and our military has done, is turned it into a bombing campaign and started a war. The UN was NOT authorizing that.

But this is the game of politics -- who knows, maybe Russia and China signed off on it so they could complain later -- the Republicans do this all the time.

you are dead wrong U.N.security council resolution 1973 clearly states in paragraph 4 that all member states are authorized to use all measurements to protect civilians that are under threat of attack...check it out it is very easy to find......it is not I repeat not just a no fly zone....people just cant seem to grasp that concept

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
1st off China's military is expanding very fast, BUT they are still no where near capable of even putting up a formidable fight with the U.S. 70% of their technology is from the start of the cold war. Even if Russia and China combined forces they would have to deal with America, Germany, France, Britain, Canada, Australia, South Africa, India, and maybe a half dozen other powerful countries. And on a side note North Korea LOL! ..... are you serious they are calling for a ceasefire due to crimes against humanity when more than half of their country doesn't have food and have they have dozens of death camps. (North Korea's military is 1,000,000 men...no navy, no air-force, no mechanized units) We could let they sit on their asses while all the world powers duke it out and handle them last with a few well placed J-dams.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
WOW!...Wonder what's gonna happen here? What if the US sez NO!

Well, if you are suggesting that it may draw fire from the likes of China and Russia... I think that would be a rather hypocritical act.

It's political posturing. Nothing more. Nothing less. I think, anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well there is alot of concern going on in this thread so i felt i could lay it out like this.

Worst case senerio.

lets take a look at the world we live in TODAY.

Japan has suffered the most horrific tragedy that its nation has ever had leaving it vulnerable and weak.
Its enemy is North korea so what if Kim decided to take advantage of this?

The middle east is turned upside down the repressed has rose up agaisnt its repressors..
Egypt -overthrown
Yemen- full blown protests and minor rioting
Qater- Full blown protest, rioting, violence and repression from the govement towards there people
UAE- protests
Iran- Protests, violence and possibly murder
Saudi arabia- Protests
Libya- upriseing, full blown agression from govt, UN intervention=war

Now all these countries are riseing up against there opressors just like Americans did to win there freedom from opression and rule from England. Of course the US will wish that freedom and democrocy prevails so we all know which side the US is on. That being said whats to happen if all these countries start attacking there people to shut them up as they have done for centuries? This all could indeed add up to WW3 to much tension in the world leaves people nervous and on edge, and people make rash decisions under pressure. The middle eastern countries could easily ally with china and russia. In fact it would only take one of those countries to pursuade china or russia to side with them and it could get grim. Let us hope our leaders are smart and use the diplomacy card as much as possible during this time in our history where the ice could be so thin that we dont realize we have craked the ice until after we fall in.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chindogu

agreed we lost our nuke cards to our galactic neighbors!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Establishing a No Fly Zone also means taking out the ground targets that are a threat to the No Fly Zone. You don't just fly into the theater and say “here we are!” You will get shot down in a matter of minutes if you plan this offensively. China and Russia know what is entailed in establishing a No fly Zone. There’re not stupid. Both Russia and China are accusing the UN of exceeding the order " as an excuse to call for a cease fire. it is very naive to the least. I also can't believe some you buy that story from them. (It's called grandstanding and maybe a small remote chance to move forward with their own agenda ) Now as for the Arab League they might have some idea on how to establish a no-fly zone, The Arab League does have the aircraft and man-power to do it. I was thinking about it before this happened, that maybe, just maybe.. the Arab League might be able to police there own part of the world, but waiting for experienced advisors on how to set up a no fly zone will cost Innocent civilian lives. Enter the UN coalition. China and Russia are grand standing, mostly china though with that missile ship now in the Med. That's another test all in itself.

In order to establish a No Fly Zone ground targets must be taken out first. Air defense missiles, Air defense guns. Radar far units, tanks with the capability to shoot down aircraft (that includes pretty much all tanks.) Mobile radar units, I think Libya still has the equivalent of the Stinger shoulder fired missile made by Russia, which would be embedded with ground troops. As for the Gaddafi HQ being taken out by a missile, you can bet your money that HQ had Air Defense Artillery gun placements around it, so it would stand to reason to take them out. another ADA set -up is also usually 10 miles out from any potential target that the initial ADA guns are protecting. So anything 10 miles out or so surrounding that HQ was also a target. I speak from experience.

This will not escalate like most have said here, China ,Russia and the Arab League have made their statements any intervention will only make matters worse and they know it. Everyone wants this No Fly Zone over with very fast, and it will end fast. The UN is not exceeding the order to establish the No-Fly-Zone.

It's not the U.S. to say "No", It's the UN coalition that has to say "No". This operation is a UN-Coalition enforcement , not U.S. enforcement, there is a big difference.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My theory is the Next World War would be between Russia and China V.S. U.S. and others. The U.S. seen through their eyes tilt the world in the United States Favor, OR the United States is seen as destabilizing the world and the global economy by continually making these problems worse in the world. Russia and China growing tired of the United States Global Reach plan to Attack the United States in a joint effort. With Japan crippled and out of the Picture, the odds are even more in favor with Russia and China. Fearing the Global disruption the recent Middle East Anarchy is causing along with other long growing issues, Russia and China see this as the turing point in the World, and decide to challenge.

Hence World War III begins...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded
[mor
so let me try this... is it possible that Quadafi had maybe already made ties with china and russia before the UN took over? and is it possible that china and russia are promised vast amounts of the oil on the protection of Quadafi also? That's a pretty big pot to ante' up for some one that don't have much to sell other than guns.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join